PDA

View Full Version : Do I stick with XBOX or make the PS4 transition

odemode
22-06-2015, 10:16
Firstly I'd like to introduce myself as this is my first thread on this forum.

I've owned this game from day one on the XBOX One and having been on holiday for the past two weeks I've been able to put lots of hours in. I would like to say that I absolutely love this game, it is for me the best racer I have ever played, credit to the Slightly Mad team. Now I'm well aware of all the niggling bugs that we are experiencing and yes they are annoying to say the least but its not affecting my optimism of this title. I have followed advice on how to better the performance of the X1 and yes it has worked but as we all know there are still bugs there.

Now there are a few of my virtual friends who luckily have the privilege to own both consoles, both games and both wheels, I, as I have two children a mortgage two cars etc etc to pay own one, the XBOX one. I have the Thrustmaster Spider 458 wheel on a wheel stand pro. Its not that I can't afford another console, its that I can not justify owning another when I could put the money to more sensible use.

I've been hearing a lot lately on how the PS4 and I quote "is sooooooooooooo much better" than the X1 version, no comparison I heard the other day! Everything works flawlessly on it, yet the fanboys still appear online on XBOX Live?? I've read lots of threads and posts and yes it does appear that the Sony console runs this game a lot smoother. My question is, do I stick with the XBOX One and wait for patches to be released or do I sell up which in itself is a pain in the arse and again (I've owned four PS4's) take the plunge and buy another PS4 another wheel and another copy of this title.

I'm not going to listen to internet experts who "think" they know, I would like an answer from the people who DO know.

Thanks again for creating such a dynamic heart wrenching goose bumping fast past racer, I LOVE IT!!!

kc76
22-06-2015, 10:30
Does the ps4 have all the games you want to play ? Do you want to buy another steering wheel etc ?

chris4652009
22-06-2015, 10:37
We have been assured that the 1.5 update will see a 15% performance increase in Xbox version.

Stand fast

Edit to add: I have it on both...unfortunately my PS4 died at the weekend

LextersQuest
22-06-2015, 10:37
Im also on the xbox one. I started out with it because of game i wanted to play.
After playing Project Cars, for me the first simulationracing game (closest to it on console) im totally sold on this kind of racegames.
So instead of changing over to ps4 because of little difference i would rather spend all that money on a good gamingpc.

odemode
22-06-2015, 10:42
If you have an 8 year old and a 4 year old you wouldn't want to trust them playing on a gaming PC

KkDrummer
22-06-2015, 10:48
It is all about the games you want to play and the friends you play with. Just looking into the PCars situation...I would wait for patch 1.5 as it should bring performance to the same level as the PS4.

SpeedFreakDTM
22-06-2015, 10:53
Who has the best network to play online games on? Who gets hacked more? How long was playstation without online play after hackers messed with them?

I'll stick to Xbox One, Upcoming patches from SMS, Upcoming MAJOR operating system upgrade with DX12 coming soon to the Xbox one.

If you leave now, your basically going from Ferrari to Mclaren, just before the Ferrari is getting good. Or your turning down the drive for Red Bull offer, Poor Alonso LMFAO.

PS4 wont be using DX12 as far as I understand, because its a Windows 10 thing.

If you decide to play any other games, do you really want to use a PS4 controller?

Xbox all the way. If you really want an upgrade, get a GOOD PC.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 10:57
I want to say guys that the new frame rate improvements on the way for Xbox are really excellent. It's up there with PS4 for the most part now. Even faster in some cases.

We've also nailed some more instabilities among a ton of mini improvements and some things you guys have asked us to add.

To answer your question specifically, I'd at least await the next patch before making a decision. I also prefer the Xbox controller.

odemode
22-06-2015, 10:59
^^^^^^^^^ That was what I was after :D Thank you very much Ian

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 11:01

You're very welcome.

odemode
22-06-2015, 11:19
One more question which I think is a big factor. Will the online game search be addressed? Its a little bit frustrating how we can't search for lobbies. Not essential yet but something I think we all would like to see in the near future. PS4 players have it

chris4652009
22-06-2015, 11:20
One more question which I think is a big factor. Will the online game search be addressed? Its a little bit frustrating how we can't search for lobbies. Not essential yet but something I think we all would like to see in the near future. PS4 players have it

Very good question

agentbeef
22-06-2015, 11:27

this is a question I have asked and seen asked by others yet I have never seen an answer. hope one comes soon.

odemode
22-06-2015, 11:29
Ian's been kind enough to respond to my first question. If he kept on answering Q's he'd be on this forum all day. Lets him get the next patch implemented first, test that then fire him more after.

agentbeef
22-06-2015, 11:33
Ian's been kind enough to respond to my first question. If he kept on answering Q's he'd be on this forum all day. Lets him get the next patch implemented first, test that then fire him more after.

I know what your saying but mr bell appears to be omnipotent, he's everywhere at all times doing everything.

Oi Oi JC
22-06-2015, 11:45
I've got both consoles but no wheel as yet so using controllers, I have to say I've hardly played the xbone mainly due to the controller sensitivity issue pre patch but even after the patch playing pcars on xbone is still not as enjoyable as playing on PS4 mainly because the controller still feels a bit too twitchy & the load/save times are so much longer, it's really annoying waiting ages for the game to save every time I change a car or controller set up, saves on PS4 are almost instant.

odemode
22-06-2015, 11:49
That issue don't bother me in the slightest. Game play is what needs addressing at the moment. All that will come in good time I'm sure of it

MULTIVITZ
22-06-2015, 11:51
I agree. I made the change, from xb to ps.
It comes down to controllers at the end of the day.
For this game I would have upgraded my quad core, but went for for the ps4 instead after I though I was going to get motion control and the telemtry app. HOW WRONG WAS I?
Still the trees look nice in the scenery.

odemode
22-06-2015, 11:54
Not if you use a wheel

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 11:59
We want to add online game searching guys. Whether we get it done or not is another thing. We'll try though and keep you updated.

Bavarian Turbo
22-06-2015, 12:01
Hi odemode,

I love this game and own it for all 3 platforms.
I play it on all 3 platforms with a steering wheel.
It is on all 3 platforms a great game with a few little mistakes (which will be fixed soon)
You do not change the platform for Project Cars.

To 95% I play it on the Xbox One. Why?
Because the Xbox One is my Lead-Plattflorm, there I have the most friends, there I'm at home.

Project Cars is also available on the Xbox One is a great game and if you read the posts by Ian Bell, it will get better soon

agentbeef
22-06-2015, 12:10
never mind all that project cars will be fixed on xbone for sure but you will not be able to get elite on ps4 like you are now able to on xbone downloading it now, get it cheap while it's still beta and you get it all patched as they go bit like this. I have a ps4 too but once elite is installed it will think it's lead has been cut.

MULTIVITZ
22-06-2015, 12:16
No wheel, because I haven't the space to store it away afterwards!!
Thank you Ian for the reassurances.

agentbeef
22-06-2015, 12:19
wont store it away something will come out as exclusive to ps4 that I just have to have at some point.

odemode
22-06-2015, 12:20
We want to add online game searching guys. Whether we get it done or not is another thing. We'll try though and keep you updated.

Whats stopping you dude, limitations from your side or other??

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 12:21

A 400 page request list :)

Raven403
22-06-2015, 12:21
To be honest I'm pretty fed up with xbox live in general. I hate the UI compared to 360 and the whole Pcars on XB experience has been a gauntlet of frustration. So I wouldnt blame anyone for jumping ship. DX12 blah blah blah, it isn't here yet. And the Dash still sucks. Plus it seems XB is a pain in the ass to Dev on so I anticipate buggy launches for everything that releases now

Raven403
22-06-2015, 12:26

I'd rather everything in the game as it stands worked perfectly before they tried adding new features to single or multiplayer

Raven403
22-06-2015, 12:35
A 400 page request list :)

Is there any way we can vote or see which requests your working on, not that I don't trust SMS but I've seen some pretty ridiculous requests and just want to make sure the most popular requests are the ones that get the attention.

Although Isle of Man TT still leads the track voting so maybe that's not a great idea

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 12:52
Is there any way we can vote or see which requests your working on, not that I don't trust SMS but I've seen some pretty ridiculous requests and just want to make sure the most popular requests are the ones that get the attention.

Although Isle of Man TT still leads the track voting so maybe that's not a great idea

The request list is stickied and public.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 12:56
The request list is stickied and public.

I know. Nvm. Was just seeing if there was a system you use to prioritize requests. I could request making the drivers in all the cars modeled as teddy bears but just cuz I requested it I wouldn't think you would work on it lol

Actually.....

LADY GEMMA JANE
22-06-2015, 12:57
I would stick with the xbox one, save some money!

pseudonymous
22-06-2015, 13:03
Err ... did the OP say he was thinking of moving to another console, wholesale, for the sake of a performance difference in one title?

Please, tell me I mis-read his post lol :confused:

Bruce_503
22-06-2015, 13:18
No its not i have project Cars 4 both consoles my X1 Version runs 10 to 20 FPS lower then my ps4 and theres a Xbox 1 style controler for the ps4 also and same with ps4 . DX 12 is going to do nothing 4 our X1s . I just bought my X1 for Halo 5

odemode
22-06-2015, 13:18
Err ... did the OP say he was thinking of moving to another console, wholesale, for the sake of a performance difference in one title?

Spot on there fella, you read correctly

HLR Joker
22-06-2015, 13:19

Ps4 version is prettier, but the controller is pants. Like all have said already, which platform will give you the games YOU want, other than that there's no noticeable winner on the consoles other than typical fanboy quotes.
If you go PS4 and want keep the X1 pad look at CronusMax Plus. I use T100 thrustmaster wheel on PS4 but still get better laptimes on X1.

Mark

Bealdor
22-06-2015, 13:23

Why not? I built a new gaming PC + bought a wheel for the price three consoles, just for this game. ;)

pseudonymous
22-06-2015, 13:53
Why not? I built a new gaming PC + bought a wheel for the price three consoles, just for this game. ;)

You are all deranged. For less than the budget you listed in your post above, I bought a real car for use on track days lol ... it might not be a Pagani, but it's fun, and a hell of a lot more 'real' than a computer game.

By the way, I'm an avid gamer, going back to ZX81's and 10p a throw on APB in the arcades but that kind of waste to play one game is beyond me. All I can say is you are either very single, wealthy, or have a bizarrely understanding wife/partner.

That said, each to ones own.

nissan4ever
22-06-2015, 13:55
To be honest I'm pretty fed up with xbox live in general. I hate the UI compared to 360 and the whole Pcars on XB experience has been a gauntlet of frustration. So I wouldnt blame anyone for jumping ship. DX12 blah blah blah, it isn't here yet. And the Dash still sucks. Plus it seems XB is a pain in the ass to Dev on so I anticipate buggy launches for everything that releases now

You should go to Xbox channel on YouTube & see the new extremely fast dashboard. It's coming later this year. Everything is placed nicely & easy to navigate. Things will get better.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 13:57
You should go to Xbox channel on YouTube & see the new extremely fast dashboard. Things will get better.

Lol. Yeah I bet. That should be Xbox's friggen slogan

Xbox - Things will get better

nissan4ever
22-06-2015, 14:08

Don't know why you being snippy. That new dashboard is really fast and nicely laid out. Go see the clip. It's major Nelson & some guy from Xbox team.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 14:13
I'm snippy cuz Xb1 took a step backwards and now we're WAITING as we are with seemingly everything on XB. It'll get better we promise! Well that's great news seeing as how we'Ve been dealing with this crap since they launched it. How longs it been now, and when is that dash going to drop? When is DX12 gonna drop? No one knows. We are all just sitting with our hand folded being told over and over to be patient while they fix it. MS screwed up X1 and they know it so now we wait.

nissan4ever
22-06-2015, 14:19
It's coming later this year. I wanna say Sept, but don't quote me. Should get DX12 at same time as dashboard when it's released later this year. Part of the whole windows 10 thing.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 14:23
It's coming later this year. I wanna say Sept, but don't quote me. Should get DX12 at same time as dashboard when it's released later this year. Part of the whole windows 10 thing.

Right and I'm looking forward to the changes but the fact remains that the UI as it stands right now is crap, which is what I was complaining about.

HBK
22-06-2015, 14:23

You mean, just like the PS4 motto, #GreatnessAwaits ?

Because many PS4 users are still waiting for greatness on their console ;)

There are good stuff and bad stuff on both consoles, and there are improvements coming for both of them.

Don't let fanboy bullet points cloud your judgment. Go where you wanna go. This stupid idea that was disseminated by GAF and consorts that there is one objective better choice for next-gen consoles is one of the most blatant example of fanboy exhibition I've ever witnessed. And I witnessed a lot of 'em.

There are plenty of good reasons to prefer the X1 over the PS4 (very much like there are plenty of good reasons to prefer the PS4 over the X1).

And I could say the same about the WiiU. Or the PC.

Edit : tl;dr

Console wars suck.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 14:24
You mean, just like the PS4 motto, #GreatnessAwaits ?

Because many PS4 users are still waiting for greatness on their console ;)

There are good stuff and bad stuff on both consoles, and there are improvements coming for both of them.

Don't let fanboy bullet points cloud your judgment. Go where you wanna go. This stupid idea that was disseminated by GAF and consorts that there is one objective better choice for next-gen consoles is one of the most blatant fanboy exhibition I've ever seen.

There are plenty of good reasons to prefer the X1 over the PS4 (very much like there are plenty of good reasons to prefer the PS4 over the X1).

And I could say the same about the WiiU. Or the PC.

Oh I'm not jumping ship. I'm just saying I wouldn't blame someone else for doing so.

HBK
22-06-2015, 14:33
Oh I'm not jumping ship. I'm just saying I wouldn't blame someone else for doing so.
Obviously, one does what his/her heart commands. Nothing wrong about that.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 14:35
Obviously, one does what his/her heart commands. Nothing wrong about that.

Yup yup.

little fella
22-06-2015, 14:37
Stick with xbone mate and save money as there are fantastic performance improvements on the way.
Unless you have money to burn that is.

LADY GEMMA JANE
22-06-2015, 14:44
My Hotpoint washing machine only spins at 1000rpm, my friends Candy washing machine spins at 1400rpm!, but I'll stick with my Hotpoint for now

.. Same with the xbox one... kinda :beguiled:

Raven403
22-06-2015, 14:45
They make washing machines for Candy? Very odd indeed

Ch1ps N Queso
22-06-2015, 14:48
I've been calling it ShartBox One (different S word, but this fits too) lately. Hate it. Absolutely hate it.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 14:53
I've been calling it ShartBox One (different S word, but this fits too) lately. Hate it. Absolutely hate it.

But Ch1ps it's gonna get better man

Plato99
22-06-2015, 16:11
Just think of all the fun you could have with all those other brilliant racing titles on the PS4.
Oh hang on......

MissionBULLITT
22-06-2015, 16:13
I sense a bit of hate and closet opposing console fanboys flowing through this thread.

nissan4ever
22-06-2015, 16:15
Just think of all the fun you could have with all those other brilliant racing titles on the PS4.
Oh hang on......

LOL, now that's comedy ;)

Plato99
22-06-2015, 16:18
RIDE on the PS4 hits around 15fps. Something to tell your grandkids about in years to come. XBO version not much better though to be fair.

nissan4ever
22-06-2015, 16:21
RIDE on the PS4 hits around 15fps. Something to tell your grandkids about in years to come. XBO version not much better though to be fair.

Really?

BG Hainesy
22-06-2015, 16:52
But Ch1ps it's gonna get better man

Tbh Phil Spencer is doing great things at Xbox, let's not forget he's had to clear up Don Mattricks crazy ideas. So yes "it's gonna get better" (has been since he took over) and anyone who saw E3 can see that.

FederalHercules
22-06-2015, 17:02
Tbh Phil Spencer is doing great things at Xbox, let's not forget he's had to clear up Don Mattricks crazy ideas. So yes "it's gonna get better" (has been since he took over) and anyone who saw E3 can see that.

I certainly concur with this. I wish Phil would have been have been in charge in the beginning. His predecessors left him with quite the mess. While everyone is justified in saying they are tired of waiting, there have been improvements and there are no signs of them slowing down.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 17:04
I certainly concur with this. I wish Phil would have been have been in charge in the beginning. His predecessors left him with quite the mess. While everyone is justified in saying they are tired of waiting, there have been improvements and there are no signs of them slowing down.

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree, Phil Spencer is doing a nice job from what I've seen. It's his predecessor that I blame.

MULTIVITZ
22-06-2015, 17:58
One persons opinion in charge of a corperation? Theres your problem to begin with, just accepting the idea that one persons voice is important is..........not really logical.

widcard
22-06-2015, 19:03
First of all I'm completely mesmerized at how close this simulator mimics all aspects of it's real life counterparts, car's/track's, you name it, it's all there! now... the other bugs and issues other people have a problem with don't bother me in the slightest, ah' maybe a few here and there ... There's this one though...and it's the only one...that just makes me, well' I wouldn't call insane but close...."Crashing to Dashboard" when I only had a chance to complete one or two multiplayer races. Man that'll do it every time' does it make want to go out and buy a PS4?...yeah' maybe a little' but I'm not. because I have faith that in time they will work it out. and I kind of like the whole xbox thing better than PS4 anyways.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 19:09
First of all I'm completely mesmerized at how close this simulator mimics all aspects of it's real life counterparts, car's/track's, you name it, it's all there! now... the other bugs and issues other people have a problem with don't bother me in the slightest, ah' maybe a few here and there ... There's this one though...and it's the only one...that just makes me, well' I wouldn't call insane but close...."Crashing to Dashboard" when I only had a chance to complete one or two multiplayer races. Man that'll do it every time' does it make want to go out and buy a PS4?...yeah' maybe a little' but I'm not. because I have faith that in time they will work it out. and I kind of like the whole xbox thing better than PS4 anyways.

There are (I think) two fixes for this instability coming in the net patch.

GRD 4 3L
22-06-2015, 19:22
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree, Phil Spencer is doing a nice job from what I've seen. It's his predecessor that I blame.

Don Mattrick was an idiot executive with inferior understanding of what the customers wanted; he was saying all the wrong things. So far Phil Spencer is doing a great job turning the situation around. He is taking XB in the right direction, setting good tones, being HONEST, and pushing progressive initiatives that people really want. Love the man!

And you too, Mr. Bell, for the updates and staying in touch!

I would take XB1 over PS4 ANYDAY because it's got the games I want.

widcard
22-06-2015, 19:45
There are (I think) two fixes for this instability coming in the net patch. Much appreciated Ian. I can't express how much it means to me that you all made this life long dream of mine a reality of what it's like to drive a real race car...it no longer leaves much to the imagination.

MULTIVITZ
22-06-2015, 20:04
A figure head is often used as an escape goat when the corperation don't compete. Then it gets another silver tongued individual to rebuild confidence in the investers. It's part of the corporate machine. I've never been able to buy a MS product that worked as intended, so that kind of seals it for me. Each to their own eh?

SMS are different in alot of ways:) makes me want to get a PC my mates kept telling me to but I like the convenience of a consol.

FederalHercules
22-06-2015, 20:38
There are (I think) two fixes for this instability coming in the net patch.

Wait a tic. So there is a chance we can see some multiplayer related improvements in 1.5? Any validity to info users have shown to be related to the game chat causing the majority of the issues?

the_monk
22-06-2015, 21:35
Firstly I'd like to introduce myself as this is my first thread on this forum.

I've owned this game from day one on the XBOX One and having been on holiday for the past two weeks I've been able to put lots of hours in. I would like to say that I absolutely love this game, it is for me the best racer I have ever played, credit to the Slightly Mad team. Now I'm well aware of all the niggling bugs that we are experiencing and yes they are annoying to say the least but its not affecting my optimism of this title. I have followed advice on how to better the performance of the X1 and yes it has worked but as we all know there are still bugs there.

Now there are a few of my virtual friends who luckily have the privilege to own both consoles, both games and both wheels, I, as I have two children a mortgage two cars etc etc to pay own one, the XBOX one. I have the Thrustmaster Spider 458 wheel on a wheel stand pro. Its not that I can't afford another console, its that I can not justify owning another when I could put the money to more sensible use.

I've been hearing a lot lately on how the PS4 and I quote "is sooooooooooooo much better" than the X1 version, no comparison I heard the other day! Everything works flawlessly on it, yet the fanboys still appear online on XBOX Live?? I've read lots of threads and posts and yes it does appear that the Sony console runs this game a lot smoother. My question is, do I stick with the XBOX One and wait for patches to be released or do I sell up which in itself is a pain in the arse and again (I've owned four PS4's) take the plunge and buy another PS4 another wheel and another copy of this title.

I'm not going to listen to internet experts who "think" they know, I would like an answer from the people who DO know.

Thanks again for creating such a dynamic heart wrenching goose bumping fast past racer, I LOVE IT!!!
Keep the xbox1 as the patch is coming with performance increase & also Forza 6 is on its way, right time to have an xbox1 then sell/swap it ;)

VR6Pete
22-06-2015, 21:36
I want to say guys that the new frame rate improvements on the way for Xbox are really excellent. It's up there with PS4 for the most part now. Even faster in some cases.

We've also nailed some more instabilities among a ton of mini improvements and some things you guys have asked us to add.

To answer your question specifically, I'd at least await the next patch before making a decision. I also prefer the Xbox controller.

With all these improvements in performance, all of which are extremely warm received, will we see improvements so the anti-aliasing?

On the ps4 it does look little more pretty, don't know if that's down to it running at 1080p, better AA or higher quality textures, and would be good if some advances now could be made in these areas once we have seen close to 60FPS...

Is any of this pheasable and possibly on the cards for future updates?

widcard
22-06-2015, 21:42
Wait a tic. So there is a chance we can see some multiplayer related improvements in 1.5? Any validity to info users have shown to be related to the game chat causing the majority of the issues? Hmm... instability I've been experiencing seems to correlate more when you have eight or more players joined to a lobby.

Zero7159
23-06-2015, 00:00
With the Patch 1.4, and the new firmware for the TX wheel, the Xbox One version for me is on par with the PC version, only difference is graphics where the PC naturally shines (I have a 970 GPU). I was able to resolve the FPS and stuttering issues by doing a hard reset of my Xbox One post patch install and by changing to Power Save mode. So, at this point, I am very pleased with the Xbox One version and Patch 1.5 is icing on the cake. Like you, I contemplated getting the PS4 version but I think I am going to stick with the Xbox One version.

odemode
23-06-2015, 05:31
With the Patch 1.4, and the new firmware for the TX wheel, the Xbox One version for me is on par with the PC version, only difference is graphics where the PC naturally shines (I have a 970 GPU). I was able to resolve the FPS and stuttering issues by doing a hard reset of my Xbox One post patch install and by changing to Power Save mode. So, at this point, I am very pleased with the Xbox One version and Patch 1.5 is icing on the cake. Like you, I contemplated getting the PS4 version but I think I am going to stick with the Xbox One version.

Apart from a small amount of sound stuttering I'm also more than happy with how the game performs on the X1 at the moment as I'm sure by reading what Mr Bell has stated that the game will improve. The online search function is a nuisance but to be fair with facebook you can search for groups that are dedicated to this game thus meaning you get a much better and fairer racing experience.

HBK
23-06-2015, 11:12
I don't. It's a big publicly traded corporation. Of course individualities will always play a role (because they are the ones pushing buttons when it comes down to it). But it's still a big mass of people working towards a vaguely defined goal. One man can't sink the ship if his sailors won't follow him.

Phil Spencer was there during the Mattrick debacle. He was there when MS green-lighted an underpowered box to save on costs and ensure day one profits. He may have been reluctant, but he was there and kept sailing.

Of course, since his promotion as head of Xbox, he is hitting the right spots and that is MUCH appreciated. Pretty much like what the Wookie is doing around here, in a way, he's being so brutally honest many of us tend to assume the worst of it. And let's face it, it IS a PR strategy, it's just a PR strategy I very much prefer. I'm no longer a spoiled brat (for quite some time now lol). I can handle the truth, even if it's not pretty. Don't align to the lowest common denominator, it just work less and less in this day and age anyway. PR stunts are being debunked in real time. It's slowly but surely becoming an out-of-touch strategy.

TL;DR: He seems to be a nice guy and is rubbing me the right way right now. I'll just remain skeptical about the company as a whole, not because they're inherently evil (they're not), but because we're talking about a big ass corporation that has a lot of (sometimes conflicting) interests that could change the course of this ship in the blink of an eye.