PDA

View Full Version : Reporting Suspect lap times.

Deadzone
22-06-2015, 10:25
Is there any avenue to report suspect times on the Leaderboards. I know SMS are manually going through and removing illegitimate times, but over 3 platforms and so many tracks it must be one hell of a job. If we had somewhere we could help point out suspect times it surely would make their job easier.

WRT IVORBIGUN
22-06-2015, 12:07
Much easier to just fix the tracks that allows corner cuts and then wipe the leaderboards.

In the mean time I would concentrate on improving your own laps rather than worrying about others!

Deadzone
25-06-2015, 10:40
Mods, any input.

Deadzone
25-06-2015, 23:42
Bump for input

FA RACING 01
26-06-2015, 05:27
Good idea to help, but I think such naming and shaming might create a platform for mudslinging, false allegations and a sure way for more verbal chaos. Umer (I think) started a thread where anyone can name clean drivers which I know is not what you had in mind, but think it's a good way of addressing at least part of the problem.

bigsilverhotdog
22-07-2015, 09:06
I'm trying to figure out how to report people because the current leader of Aston Martin GT4 Le Mans (with the 5+ second gap and completely fictitious #1 time of 4.09) is a horrible hacker/exploiter/cutter that has ruined leaderboard after leaderboard. He's the worst single offender I've seen on PC after 200 hours of play. Can something please be done about these people?

N0body Of The Goat
22-07-2015, 09:18
I'm trying to figure out how to report people because the current leader of Aston Martin GT4 Le Mans (with the 5+ second gap and completely fictitious #1 time of 4.09) is a horrible hacker/exploiter/cutter that has ruined leaderboard after leaderboard. He's the worst single offender I've seen on PC after 200 hours of play. Can something please be done about these people?

"^9[MD]^7Shag^1alou" certainly has a lot of currently high ranked if you look up the driver on http://pcars.13ms.de/

aussiejeff
22-07-2015, 21:41

Yeah, checked his stats. IMHO the complete leaderboard wipe forecast by IB will hurt these track limit abusers like hell :livid: > :grief:. It WILL be well worth the pain for the rest of us "cleanskins" to know that the greater % of these clowns will be doomed to relative mediocrity once it happens ... so I personally can't wait to see how the revised LB's pan out after the day of "The Big Wipe". It will be a date to remember :excitement:

The clock is ticking.....

PTG Baby Cow
30-07-2015, 20:25
hate to inform u aussiejeff but i can almost guarantee the people that are on top from cutting track will likely be back on top doing it clean once the lb is wiped...

TrevorAustin
30-07-2015, 20:40
hate to inform u aussiejeff but i can almost guarantee the people that are on top from cutting track will likely be back on top doing it clean once the lb is wiped...

But nobody will care about that:) it will never be me, but I don't mind being beaten fairly, One of the cutters even posted in this thread, and its not you that I know:)

I will never get my head round the win at all costs cheating mindset. But let's not start that all over again, lol.

aussiejeff
02-08-2015, 07:56

You may well be right in some instances, but the time gaps will be more like tenths of seconds rather than 10's of seconds... and THAT is infinitely preferable & something I can stomach :apple:

havocc
02-08-2015, 16:14
Monza record is 9s lulz

RTA nOsKiLlS
08-08-2015, 16:51
Does anyone know if and when the community events ghosts get reviewed and the results screen updated to show only the clean lap times?

Im asking as my Bavarian Legend time and the Zolder one, is still there and they involved taking cuts and jumps, so I wondered if mine and the other "dirty" times are ever going to be removed?

Daveesaunders
08-08-2015, 19:08
I made a suggestion elsewhere that it would be useful to have a report button which highlights times that need reviewing, to avoid issues a collective group should make the decision to remove a time. If a time is deemed clean it should indicate that it's been verified and the report button locked.

havocc
11-08-2015, 22:06
About time to remove 8s records for some tracks too

MABlosfeld
23-08-2015, 16:49
I found 3 suspects
HOT LAPS with BMW Z4 GT3
iRACING: 2:18:227 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXJZZBoZVeo
Assetto Corsa: 2:18:313 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBXBjE-HbjY
pCARS: 2:17:308 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y-gtM0tmFg

I'm just kidding
just posted the videos because I found interesting balance between games

PTG Ty1er Ward
23-08-2015, 22:19
I found 3 suspects
HOT LAPS with BMW Z4 GT3
iRACING: 2:18:227 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXJZZBoZVeo
Assetto Corsa: 2:18:313 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBXBjE-HbjY
pCARS: 2:17:308 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y-gtM0tmFg

I'm just kidding
just posted the videos because I found interesting balance between games

The GT3 Z4 moving through the gearbox down a long straight is what want to hear on my deathbed lol (just got home from a PWCC event)

Baj
24-08-2015, 18:20
There is also an 8second lap record on Spa with the Formula A :(

yusupov
24-08-2015, 18:40
AC and pCARS you can use soft tires, iracing you cant choose tire compound, so its not really equivalent. the pCARS gt3s with hard tires vs softs are different cars.

havocc
30-08-2015, 21:54
9s record on Nordschleife, some1 has discovered how to use an F-17 Blackbird

aerchak
31-08-2015, 02:27
The 9 seconds on the 'Ring made me laugh. I always wondered if anyone would break 4:59 in the FA. Didn't realize it would be in a Ruf.

lmntr
31-08-2015, 13:15
What about an invisible wall where people take short cuts?

havocc
31-08-2015, 14:20
What about an invisible wall where people take short cuts?

What about mandatory ghosts reviewed by sms?

bigsilverhotdog
01-09-2015, 04:42
If SMS would provide a method to review the ghosts I'm sure the community would be happy to take that on board. For example if a ghost generates enough "illegal laptime" reports from the community it could be either reviewed by a community "Ghost Moderator" or simply automatically removed outright. Not a perfect system but much better than what we've got right now.

If someone spammed the system with false reports you could simply disable their ability to report ghosts. Problem solved.

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-09-2015, 16:03
If SMS would provide a method to review the ghosts I'm sure the community would be happy to take that on board. For example if a ghost generates enough "illegal laptime" reports from the community it could be either reviewed by a community "Ghost Moderator" or simply automatically removed outright. Not a perfect system but much better than what we've got right now.

If someone spammed the system with false reports you could simply disable their ability to report ghosts. Problem solved.

Better yet, SMS could simply make the white lines the track limit. Invalidate any laptime instantly a car gets more than 2 wheels over the line. Do this consistently throughout the game (Practise, Qualifying, Race, TT, community events) Remove the option to turn off flags and penalties.

Driving into the pit lane should also instantly invalidate the laptime.

The game needs to be judge and jury. Not real people. There are still TOO many places where people can leave the track for a split second or 2, and still have a valid lap. This needs to change, in order to promote fair play and competition.

I don't want to see time penalties for leaving the track during a race for a split second, we all make mistakes. Even the real life F1 drives cant keep it within the white lines 100% of the time. But I would like to see valid only lap times being set .

bigsilverhotdog
04-09-2015, 16:17
Better yet, SMS could simply make the white lines the track limit. Invalidate any laptime instantly a car gets more than 2 wheels over the line. Do this consistently throughout the game (Practise, Qualifying, Race, TT, community events) Remove the option to turn off flags and penalties.

Driving into the pit lane should also instantly invalidate the laptime.

The game needs to be judge and jury. Not real people. There are still TOO many places where people can leave the track for a split second or 2, and still have a valid lap. This needs to change, in order to promote fair play and competition.

I don't want to see time penalties for leaving the track during a race for a split second, we all make mistakes. Even the real life F1 drives cant keep it within the white lines 100% of the time. But I would like to see valid only lap times being set .

I agree with everything in this post and would much prefer an automated, accurate system using the white lines exactly as you described over any system involving human intervention.

SchnelleBasis
05-09-2015, 08:37
Like these ideas.
I would only add that kerbs would need a little extra room

SW__10
05-09-2015, 12:30
What about that Community TT times are being added to the Normal TT boards on PS4?

Check the current FA Monza Community TT. It's run with 'clear' weather...
...The normal TT boards are run with 'Light Cloud'.
Suspect lap times everywhere! lol!

bigsilverhotdog
05-09-2015, 12:36
What about that Community TT times are being added to the Normal TT boards on PS4?

Check the current FA Monza Community TT. It's run with 'clear' weather...
...The normal TT boards are run with 'Light Cloud'.
Suspect lap times everywhere! lol!

This is a very good point and something I noticed recently...

xGerhardSAx
17-09-2015, 10:41
I agree. before the corner cutting was eliminated, the Monza FA laptime with mid-high 19s (and these were with some serious corner cutting)
NOw afterwards the record is a 1min 17. I found that hard to believe as I had a pretty decent time before the wipe (1min20.5). after the wipe I can only manage 1min21 flat, which was decent in my opinion. so I loaded this 1,min17 ghost, and it seems like he as like 50-100hp more in terms of acceleration out of the 1st chicane.
I do use kers, drs and all that during the lap, and can understand better exit points, earlier on the power etc, but I cannot see how that will gain you 20-25 car lengths on the straight halfway through Curva Grande. Find it hard to believe

havocc
17-09-2015, 11:13
I agree. before the corner cutting was eliminated, the Monza FA laptime with mid-high 19s (and these were with some serious corner cutting)
NOw afterwards the record is a 1min 17. I found that hard to believe as I had a pretty decent time before the wipe (1min20.5). after the wipe I can only manage 1min21 flat, which was decent in my opinion. so I loaded this 1,min17 ghost, and it seems like he as like 50-100hp more in terms of acceleration out of the 1st chicane.
I do use kers, drs and all that during the lap, and can understand better exit points, earlier on the power etc, but I cannot see how that will gain you 20-25 car lengths on the straight halfway through Curva Grande. Find it hard to believe

What i saw from a video posted somewhere on this board is some awkward gear shifting and too much drs uptime...

xGerhardSAx
17-09-2015, 11:53
Interesting. Would like to see that video. I wonder what you mean by awkward gear shifting?

havocc
17-09-2015, 12:10
Interesting. Would like to see that video. I wonder what you mean by awkward gear shifting?

Found it: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38483-SMS-R-Championship-Round-13-Formula-A-Monza-GP&p=1113065&viewfull=1#post1113065

Look at gear shifting at Ascari and Parabolica

xGerhardSAx
18-09-2015, 07:28
Incredible lap.
After studying the lap, and doing some practice and playing a bit of Copy Cat, I managed to get into the mid 19s with my "setup" (Wing and gear ratios...lol). but damn...2 seconds still to go...don't know how I can do that.
Aliens with super setups

Franco Ferrari
18-09-2015, 08:33
Well... I'll tell you this.
I "lost" about a whole Sunday morning, last week, when I decided to set the lap record at Le Mans with the C9.
After finding a good setup and learned how to drive the track with robot-like reflexes and timings, I managed to attain the 2nd best time of the track (now 3rd as I'm writing this).
Which was, to my complete astonishment, a whole 10 seconds slower than the best time.

OK, the track is long, but 10 seconds?!?
I'm not an ace with the wheel, but I'm sure I'm not that slow!
I tried everything in my powers to no avail.
By loading the ghost of said time in Time Trial, I realized that this genius gained a whole second right away after the first chicane... which is superhuman.

Then........ I decided to look at the leaderboards web page... and found that the author of said incredible time used NOVICE DRIVING MODEL, with ABS on, TCS on, ESP on, DRIVING LINE on and EXTERNAL VIEW (and so did the now 2nd time).

After having realized that, I quit attempting knowing that nobody was faster than me WITHOUT HELPS.

bigsilverhotdog
18-09-2015, 09:18
After having realized that, I quit attempting knowing that nobody was faster than me WITHOUT HELPS.

Challenge accepted, give me a week or two because I have some other commitments.

havocc
18-09-2015, 09:40
Well... I'll tell you this.
I "lost" about a whole Sunday morning, last week, when I decided to set the lap record at Le Mans with the C9.
After finding a good setup and learned how to drive the track with robot-like reflexes and timings, I managed to attain the 2nd best time of the track (now 3rd as I'm writing this).
Which was, to my complete astonishment, a whole 10 seconds slower than the best time.

OK, the track is long, but 10 seconds?!?
I'm not an ace with the wheel, but I'm sure I'm not that slow!
I tried everything in my powers to no avail.
By loading the ghost of said time in Time Trial, I realized that this genius gained a whole second right away after the first chicane... which is superhuman.

Then........ I decided to look at the leaderboards web page... and found that the author of said incredible time used NOVICE DRIVING MODEL, with ABS on, TCS on, ESP on, DRIVING LINE on and EXTERNAL VIEW (and so did the now 2nd time).

That's why realism in TT should be forced to real, tyre wear and mechanical dmg on and driving line off, it's unfair how it works now...

xGerhardSAx
18-09-2015, 12:41
Agreed. I cant see an F1 car engine or gearbox surviving those types of downshifts. but what do we know...we are only gamers. lol

ttb57
18-09-2015, 22:46
Brno..McLaren P1

Zanzibar
19-09-2015, 05:46
That's why realism in TT should be forced to real, tyre wear and mechanical dmg on and driving line off, it's unfair how it works now...

I wouldn't mind standard realism settings for TT's as well (no assists or real assists plus mech damage). I have a few quick lap times and the only way I'd could get them was to use totally unrealistic setups and totally unrealistic downshifting. You could never drive a car in that manner or with that setup in real life. The car would be destroyed after one lap if it even made it that far!

redglyph
19-09-2015, 19:04
If you're looking for a challenge, those two first lap records will be hard to beat :rolleyes:

havocc
19-09-2015, 21:49
If you're looking for a challenge, those two first lap records will be hard to beat :rolleyes:

There are plenty of those, i think a 2 week ban from online events for exploiters would make those idiots disappear because i'm almost sure they exploit on purpose

Jego
20-09-2015, 09:12
There are plenty of those, i think a 2 week ban from online events for exploiters would make those idiots disappear because i'm almost sure they exploit on purpose

Well the thing is that this happened twice to me already and not on purpose. I have no idea how it happened, but it might be related to the issue when you cut the track and the time is not recorded it sometimes shows completely wrong values.
Those times are now deleted due to the reset of the whole leaderboard, but they where in there for a few weeks. I even contacted support and wrote in the forum that someone should delete them but I never got a response.

So saying that everyone is doing it on purpose is a little harsh.

bigsilverhotdog
20-09-2015, 13:27
I know for a fact it can happen by accident. A ban for a system error is too harsh. But why a SMS mod can't delete these erroneous records is beyond me.

NWR DRAGONLORD
20-09-2015, 23:35
I set the record on Xbox in the gtr longtail on monza two weeks ago at 1.34.7 clean and it was removed so I went back and did a 1.34.6 and that has now been removed too. I've noticed a lot of people that have set really fast clean times are getting them removed as well. Sms I love the game you've given us but it's gettin really annoying having to go back and beat our own lap time to get back on the boards.

beetes_juice
21-09-2015, 15:24
XboxOne: Two weeks ago I had my #1 on Openwheel-Monaco and #2 Openwheel-Hockenheim mysteriously vanish; lap time still shows when I enter TT and go to track to look at my fastest lap in the HUD. Happened to a friend as well. Both clean laps so still wondering what is going on.

PTG Baby Cow
21-09-2015, 16:08
I had this happen the other night. Then i rebooted my xbox to see if it was me doing it and the driver network and tt was locked. So im guessing leaderboards were down for maintenance or something when i tried setting my time. theres no warning of it so may have happened to you as well.

Nada
23-09-2015, 22:32
Silverstone GP Renault Clio: 1,2 and 3 Finish their lap through the pits.

bigsilverhotdog
23-09-2015, 22:57
I actually met the current "#1" and he certainly knows better. I expect that from the other two but still that is pathetic.

yusupov
23-09-2015, 23:06
the single digit type times imo are engine errors, they should just be deleted, in fact if it cant be resolved internally there could be a simple limit where nothing under X seconds will even count.

but yeah dont just assume those people are cheating, ive seen the sector timer bug out a few times & give me impossible optimals so its probably something related to that going on.

havocc
24-09-2015, 13:02
Silverstone GP Renault Clio: 1,2 and 3 Finish their lap through the pits.

So you're still saying a ban would be too harsh? This is exploiting by purpose and is severely punished in many games...

Plage
24-09-2015, 17:15
I need some input about a lap time on Azure Coast (complete) with the AMG 300 SEL 6.8, please. The best time set is 8:20 something. To my experience this time is only possible to achieve when you use the first round to kick all the poles and signs out of the way (especially the ones at the roundel) and then restart. The obstacles won't get put in place again after a restart so you can cut parts of the track for which you normally get a warning and the lap not counted.

Am I wrong and this time is possible? My best one is around 8:32 something but there surely is some room for improvements but I don't think it's about 12 seconds.

Another question is why the hell don't all best laps get saved with a ghost? This is essential to varify if somebody cheated or not.

Franco Ferrari
24-09-2015, 17:23
To my experience this time is only possible to achieve when you use the first round to kick all the poles and signs out of the way [...] so you can cut parts of the track for which you normally get a warning and the lap not counted.
[...]
Another question is why the hell don't all best laps get saved with a ghost? This is essential to varify if somebody cheated or not.

Plage
24-09-2015, 17:40
I'd actually like to punch you in the face for just posting that useless pics instead of writing what your problem is but I guess this is just a understanding/comprehension problem related to us both being not native with this language.

So, what is your problem? Do you think I'm using that tactic or what? Then be assured that I've the respective bodyparts in the pants to achieve my lap times the legit way.

Franco Ferrari
24-09-2015, 19:21
I'd actually like to punch you in the face for just posting that useless pics instead of writing what your problem is but I guess this is just a understanding/comprehension problem related to us both being not native with this language.

So, what is your problem? Do you think I'm using that tactic or what? Then be assured that I've the respective bodyparts in the pants to achieve my lap times the legit way.

Maybe the one not familiar with the english language is you, because your last statement was a bit too much aggressive for my taste.

Anyway, I'll explain my point using written language.
First you explain a "trick" (call it what you like: a cheat, an exploit... even experience if you want) to obtain otherwise unattainable laptimes on a particular track, letting one wonder if you used it for yourself or not, then in the same post you go on to complain that you can't check all the other player's ghosts... to make sure if they cheated?

Well, call this with whatever name you like... but not "coherence", because it's not.
Just my personal opinion BTW.

Plage
24-09-2015, 19:55
You're accusing me of cheating and you wonder that I get aggressive?

I did hit some of these obstacles by accident and was wondering that they weren't put into place again after a restart. So I tested what would happen if you'd cut there and to my astonishment you don't get any warning at all. That doesn't means that I've to resort to this tactic and drove a full stage with a recorded time. My times are as clean as they can get. Do you really think I'd come in here and ask for an evaluation of a lap or better stage time when I'm cheating myself? If so your logic is so flawed I don't know what to say.

Besides that you really have comprehension problems as I clearly stated that my time is about 12 seconds slower which you must have totally missed. You simply didn't understand what I was saying and I doubt this has to do with how I wrote it. So much about "coherence" and your personal opinion.

lollygag
24-09-2015, 20:00

I absolutley love that he posted that pick, it fits.. wish i could like it multiple times. Its soo funny to me when people say shit like this...
Am I wrong and this time is possible? My best one is around 8:32 something but there surely is some room for improvements but I don't think it's about 12 seconds.

EDIT: And now that i look at who did the 8:20:74 (http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=560711985&vehicle=4209306796).. it makes sense. Seth is the bomb in street cars.. its like he's on Meth.

Krus Control
24-09-2015, 20:21
I'm SETHONMETH. I don't think my Azure Coast time in the 300SEL is super special. I can do an 8:15 but I'm having a problem where my laps are invalidated for no reason. I'm actually thinking a 8:12 or maybe 11 is possible but that is a crazy lap and would take lots of tries. 8:20 is good but I don't think it's that competitive. Mostly it's my setup, but generally nobody can beat my Azure Coast times in road cars. Lollygag's P1 time at Brno is more amazing and baffling TBH.

Plage
24-09-2015, 20:53
Care to upload a replay, Mark? I'd really like to see how that is possible. I doubt your setup is so much better than mine that it gives you a 12 second advantage.

There's only one bug on this track that I know of and that's the one in the corner before the first tunnel. If you stay too close on the left side it will count as cutting and the time doesn't gets counted. Anything else is real cutting and therefore gets invalidated.

That Benz is a historic touring car and not a road car. Just to mention it. The only time from you I encountered is the mentioned one and I've put up about 10 top times for that track mainly with touring but also some road cars in the last days.

Besides that why does it say St. Louis here but Chicago at Steam? Did you just moved or can you be at two places at the same time? That would at least explain the time. ;)

Krus Control
24-09-2015, 21:14
Care to upload a replay, Mark? I'd really like to see how that is possible. I doubt your setup is so much better than mine that it gives you a 12 second advantage.

There's only one bug on this track that I know of and that's the one in the corner before the first tunnel. If you stay too close on the left side it will count as cutting and the time doesn't gets counted. Anything else is real cutting and therefore gets invalidated.

That Benz is a historic touring car and not a road car. Just to mention it. The only time from you I encountered is the mentioned one and I've put up about 10 top times for that track mainly with touring but also some road cars in the last days.

Besides that why does it say St. Louis here but Chicago at Steam? Did you just moved or can you be at two places at the same time? That would at least explain the time. ;)

I'm not creating a video and uploading it because you don't believe this is possible. It damn well is and faster laps are possible. The problem I have is before the first tunnel. The historic touring cars are basically road cars from a driver's point of view. I tend to not post hot times unless there is a time already there that is worth beating. I set a time in the McLaren F1 of 7:04 though, which is a more competitive than the 8:20 in the 300SEL. My setup is quite good, probably worth 4 sec here at least and some added consistency. I just moved to Chicago from St. Louis. This profile is from pre-release and I'm never changing it.

Plage
24-09-2015, 21:36
So, you put up best times but were unable to recon that bug so far? Mmmhhh, guess that still can happen. You said yourself that nobody can beat your times but you only have one (?) on the leaderboards. That's a little strange don't you think yourself? Like said I've put some new times up. Maybe you at least consider some of them as worth beating and if you decide to try and do it please don't forget to upload the ghost(s), too.

I'm aware that a setup can give you some seconds and I know that I'm losing some time here and there but this shouldn't amount to 12 secs. I can think of one thing that may give a 2-4 second advantage and that would be if you somehow manage to take the long and fast righthander after the highway part much faster than I do but that still leaves at least 8 seconds difference open.

You got some time on the weekend? I'd really like to see you putting down that time with my own eyes. Maybe I can learn something new while trying to stay on your tail.

/edit: Can somebody tell me why the web leaderboard says there is a ghost for said time but when I try to activate it ingame the time is greyed out and no ghost available?

/edit2: No further comment needed I'd say.

http://i.imgur.com/OU8yOF3.jpg

Franco Ferrari
24-09-2015, 22:20
[...]
If so your logic is so flawed I don't know what to say.
[...]
Besides that you really have comprehension problems
[...]
So much about "coherence" and your personal opinion.

May I ask you to lower your attitude a notch or two, please?
As I said it's a bit over the top.

Krus Control
24-09-2015, 22:47
I've posted a new time to mock you all

Krus Control
24-09-2015, 22:52
/edit2: No further comment needed I'd say.

http://i.imgur.com/OU8yOF3.jpg
Is it really so hard for you to believe that I'm just this fast. There are other people this fast. Having damage disabled does not make setting a laptime any different. It's okay if you're slow just stop moaning about it.

Plage
25-09-2015, 09:38
May I ask you to lower your attitude a notch or two, please?
As I said it's a bit over the top.

I see that the first sentence in my first post directed at you maybe was a little over the top. Please excuse me for this. The things you quoted aren't and it's really not an attitude problem as everything I said there is simply true or fitting.

But what about you showing some integrity and actually apologize for your wrong accusation, eh?

Is it really so hard for you to believe that I'm just this fast. There are other people this fast. Having damage disabled does not make setting a laptime any different. It's okay if you're slow just stop moaning about it.

Yes but don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with people being faster than me...even much faster. I'm used to it from the GTL community I was with for years. There we had people that were much faster than me but the thing is there I could follow them and see how they're doing it. That's unfortunately not possible in (not only) your case here.

Having damage disabled can give a huge advantage because especially in the last part of that stage you can bump from one guardrail/wall into the next one and if your doing it with some sensitiveness you won't get any warnings at all. That's why I'm sceptical if somebody has damage disabled if he puts up best times.

Upload a clean stage (replay or ghost) and I'll be silent...easy. Besides that what about the weekend? Got some time to show me how to do it and maybe share your super setup, too?

iKasbian
25-09-2015, 11:34
Yes but don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with people being faster than me...even much faster. I'm used to it from the GTL community I was with for years. There we had people that were much faster than me but the thing is there I could follow them and see how they're doing it. That's unfortunately not possible in (not only) your case here.

Having damage disabled can give a huge advantage because especially in the last part of that stage you can bump from one guardrail/wall into the next one and if your doing it with some sensitiveness you won't get any warnings at all. That's why I'm sceptical if somebody has damage disabled if he puts up best times.

Upload a clean stage (replay or ghost) and I'll be silent...easy. Besides that what about the weekend? Got some time to show me how to do it and maybe share your super setup, too?

Don't beat yourself up about faster times, of course its 'less' about the persons natural skill and far more about their talents as a tuner, the assists they use, their dedication to the cause, their MASSES OF PHYSICAL time to run a course, lap after lap after lap after lap etc etc.... Top times on the very long courses like this one depend on knowing each and every bump in the road, what can be hit and what corners can be cut without invalidating the lap.

I'm far less impressed by a time a few seconds quicker thats taken DAYS to achieve than a time thats slightly slower but has be done over a few laps.

Franco Ferrari
25-09-2015, 11:55
I see that the first sentence in my first post directed at you maybe was a little over the top. Please excuse me for this. The things you quoted aren't and it's really not an attitude problem as everything I said there is simply true or fitting.
But what about you showing some integrity and actually apologize for your wrong accusation, eh?

Well... apologies accepted and returned.

Anyway, my first post (the picture), was not actually an accusation... just a funny picture to emphasize a seemingly obvious contradiction I've noticed.
That's all.

BTW, I'm going to try Azure Coast with the SEL sometime soon... but I know it's going to be tough.

Plage
25-09-2015, 12:08
Thanks!

I'm just getting a little allergic if people resort to posting "memes" instead of writing down their opinion and of course I don't like to get accused of cheating but I can see that it could be misunderstood at least when you read a little between the lines now.

Somebody suggested via PM that I should try out Brandshatch GP with the SEL and compare my time there to see where I stand. Going to do this soon.

Franco Ferrari
25-09-2015, 14:31
Somebody suggested via PM that I should try out Brandshatch GP with the SEL and compare my time there to see where I stand. Going to do this soon.

Yup.
Sticking to the most common and "short" tracks is easier to find times to compare to.

In fact... I don't remember having completed a SINGLE round at Azure without hitting something here or there at least once.

havocc
25-09-2015, 16:11
For the record at sakitto you can go very wide at the spoon curve and get a valid lap, not sure if it's a gain or loss tbh...

Krus Control
25-09-2015, 16:33
I tried to set a lap that would leave a ghost yesterday but I guess the ghost didn't save. I'm not making a video but I'll post my setup. I also use some bomb FFB settings that I can share as well that work on any car or wheel. The setup and FFB help a lot with consistency and it's easier to go fast. I set a Nordschliefe time also at 8:19 but I don't know if that ghost works.

Longitudinal bias: 44.5%
Differential: 25% acc and 63% dec, 0 preload

PTG Baby Cow
25-09-2015, 17:05
krus, you used to be on xbox didnt you? If so i remember seeing you consistently near the top of the leaderboard.

Plage. It really isnt that hard to believe that a top player has found 12 seconds on a track as long and twisty as azure coast. Especially since the lb wipes and many people have not bothered to redo their times. I know i ran a stage or 2 of azure after the wipe and was seconds ahead of the former 1st place guy. So basically 4 stages 2-4 seconds per stage... boom theres your 12 seconds. It's all about carrying as much speed as you can and knowing the breaking points for the 80+ corners. It is also a fantasy track so not many people have or are going to run it and its completely new for everyone to learn. It's not like nordschliefe where many people know the track so the times at the top are much closer. And even then i think at nordschleife the top time is still a few seconds ahead of 2nd place.

Example - Nordschleife - Bmw 2002 Turbo

1 lore_asr1927 Ghost 8:47.435 Driving model: Pro Setup: Default Controller: Wheel Camera: In-car Driving aids: Enabled 23/09/2015 14:31
2 johnnyw84 Ghost 8:48.677 +0:01.242 Driving model: Pro Setup: Custom Controller: Wheel Camera: In-car Driving aids: None 10/09/2015 16:44
3 johnnyace72 Ghost 8:52.732 +0:05.297 Driving model: Pro Setup: Custom Controller: Wheel Camera: In-car Driving aids: Enabled 04/09/2015 02:03

5 Seconds between 1st and 3rd

Norschliefe formula a

1 Greg Montes Ghost 5:03.338 Driving model: Pro Setup: Custom Controller: Wheel Camera: In-car Driving aids: None 09/09/2015 21:27
2 come-bad-kitty Ghost 5:06.170 +0:02.832 Driving model: Pro Setup: Custom Controller: Wheel Camera: In-car Driving aids: Enabled 28/08/2015 15:11
3 [DE] Loddl70 Ghost 5:07.817 +0:04.479 Driving model: Intermediate Setup: Custom Controller: Wheel Camera: External Driving aids: Enabled 10/09/2015 00:20

almost 5 seconds between 1st and 3rd.

Hell even Azure coast in the Audi A1 you are 8 seconds faster than the second place guy. Not sure why its so hard to believe that someone can be so far ahead of you, especially on a leaderboard that is non competitive. Many of the cars dont even have a clean time set on the track.

Krus Control
25-09-2015, 19:06
Thank you there Baby. Talking quite a bit of sense here ^^. Yes I did used to play on Xbox way back in Forza 4 before I got the Pcars alpha. Also before the leaderboard wipe somebody had beaten my Nordschliefe time and it was very impressive. There are good racers all over you just need to know where to look.

Plage
26-09-2015, 02:17
krus, you used to be on xbox didnt you? If so i remember seeing you consistently near the top of the leaderboard.

Plage. It really isnt that hard to believe that a top player has found 12 seconds on a track as long and twisty as azure coast. Especially since the lb wipes and many people have not bothered to redo their times. I know i ran a stage or 2 of azure after the wipe and was seconds ahead of the former 1st place guy. So basically 4 stages 2-4 seconds per stage... boom theres your 12 seconds. It's all about carrying as much speed as you can and knowing the breaking points for the 80+ corners. It is also a fantasy track so not many people have or are going to run it and its completely new for everyone to learn. It's not like nordschliefe where many people know the track so the times at the top are much closer. And even then i think at nordschleife the top time is still a few seconds ahead of 2nd place.

Example - Nordschleife - Bmw 2002 Turbo

1 lore_asr1927 Ghost 8:47.435 Driving model: Pro Setup: Default Controller: Wheel Camera: In-car Driving aids: Enabled 23/09/2015 14:31
2 johnnyw84 Ghost 8:48.677 +0:01.242 Driving model: Pro Setup: Custom Controller: Wheel Camera: In-car Driving aids: None 10/09/2015 16:44
3 johnnyace72 Ghost 8:52.732 +0:05.297 Driving model: Pro Setup: Custom Controller: Wheel Camera: In-car Driving aids: Enabled 04/09/2015 02:03

5 Seconds between 1st and 3rd

Norschliefe formula a

1 Greg Montes Ghost 5:03.338 Driving model: Pro Setup: Custom Controller: Wheel Camera: In-car Driving aids: None 09/09/2015 21:27
2 come-bad-kitty Ghost 5:06.170 +0:02.832 Driving model: Pro Setup: Custom Controller: Wheel Camera: In-car Driving aids: Enabled 28/08/2015 15:11
3 [DE] Loddl70 Ghost 5:07.817 +0:04.479 Driving model: Intermediate Setup: Custom Controller: Wheel Camera: External Driving aids: Enabled 10/09/2015 00:20

almost 5 seconds between 1st and 3rd.

Hell even Azure coast in the Audi A1 you are 8 seconds faster than the second place guy. Not sure why its so hard to believe that someone can be so far ahead of you, especially on a leaderboard that is non competitive. Many of the cars dont even have a clean time set on the track.

Sorry, but I still don't see it and this will only change if I see it with my own eyes. The difference is 18 seconds now and I say that's impossible.

About your examples. About 5 secs on a track that's about the same length as Azure is ok and absolutely believable. 18 seconds instead are not.

The time with the A1 can't be used as an example because the other player(s) obviously didn't knew the track. Same can be said about all other of my times with such gaps to the follwoing players. I know the track by now and I'd expect something more like the difference with the Clio but not an 18 seconds gap. Besides that it's quite telling that all times with such huge gaps are achieved with having damage turned off (see BMW M1 Coupe for example).

Maybe I'm doing Krus wrong here but I've simply made too many negative experiences in that direction to accept this time without any further proof. That said I'm very well able to apologize if it turns out his time is legit.

bigsilverhotdog
26-09-2015, 04:10
I'm the one that told him to test on Brands GP, and sure enough he wasn't terribly fast. 1.44.9 I think is what he showed me. He was also very clear that he thought low 1.44 and high 1.43 was not alien. Apparently you have to be an alien to spot other aliens? No idea.

Seth, on the other hand, did a normal "alien" time, something that I'd expect from someone who is hyperfast with that particular beastly, classic, annoying-as-hell-to-drive-fast behemoth of a red pig. If he'd done a 1.43.0 or a 1.42 then I'd call exploit/cheat/cut/etc because as an alien myself I already know from experience what the car's ultimate potential is on that track*... but he didn't. He did what I expected. The current #1, Algo, is a good friend of mine, and we all (3 fairly experienced aliens) worked hard to make that car as fast as humanly possible on Brands GP a couple weeks ago. Algo's time is annoyingly fast, so fast that I actually haven't bothered to stick with the car/track combo and match it (yet). I do know how to score a high 1.43 myself -- I just can't actually produce it (yet). But that doesn't mean I can't recognize how other people can.

The car is so frustrating to drive fast because it feels like you're going slower than normal when you're actually going faster than ever. I can't think of any other car in PCARS (or rfactor for that matter) that feels so awful and slow on the limit... a strange beast, certainly.

*Probably I do anyway... though I've been shocked before... that's how I got this far... ;)

Krus Control
26-09-2015, 12:55
Again lots more sense being spoken here ^^. Algo's time is quite fast. This time is very difficult, though completely possible with all assists off. Algo had them all on here. More a matter of respect in my opinion. Really it just means more tries if you're not using assists. Don't think there is almost any time beyond Algo here.

Krus Control
26-09-2015, 13:12
Sorry, but I still don't see it and this will only change if I see it with my own eyes. The difference is 18 seconds now and I say that's impossible.

Such negativity. It's the real deal here Plage. People, and you are included in people here, don't really know Azure Coast that well. It's more complicated than Nordschliefe and there is no reference for what you should or should not do. It took me over three years (I've had Pcars since the beginning) to start taking the lines I do now. I've only met one other person (EngineOfDarkness) who posts laps like me on Azure Coast. Otherwise I'm so much faster that I just don't even bother setting laps.

Algo
26-09-2015, 13:23
Again lots more sense being spoken here ^^. Algo's time is quite fast. This time is very difficult, though completely possible with all assists off. Algo had them all on here. More a matter of respect in my opinion. Really it just means more tries if you're not using assists. Don't think there is almost any time beyond Algo here.

I use "real" assists in the settings, i don't know why it shows as all on on the boards

Krus Control
26-09-2015, 13:34
I use "real" assists in the settings, i don't know why it shows as all on on the boards

That's strange. I've never seen the leaderboard report it wrong like that. Very impressive if you had assists turned off. Still impressive honestly if they're still on. In my opinion assists don't add extra speed, but rather make grabbing the last little bit easier and sometimes more possible.

Plage
26-09-2015, 13:45
I'm the one that told him to test on Brands GP, and sure enough he wasn't terribly fast. 1.44.9 I think is what he showed me. He was also very clear that he thought low 1.44 and high 1.43 was not alien. Apparently you have to be an alien to spot other aliens? No idea.

Seth, on the other hand, did a normal "alien" time, something that I'd expect from someone who is hyperfast with that particular beastly, classic, annoying-as-hell-to-drive-fast behemoth of a red pig. If he'd done a 1.43.0 or a 1.42 then I'd call exploit/cheat/cut/etc because as an alien myself I already know from experience what the car's ultimate potential is on that track*... but he didn't. He did what I expected. The current #1, Algo, is a good friend of mine, and we all (3 fairly experienced aliens) worked hard to make that car as fast as humanly possible on Brands GP a couple weeks ago. Algo's time is annoyingly fast, so fast that I actually haven't bothered to stick with the car/track combo and match it (yet). I do know how to score a high 1.43 myself -- I just can't actually produce it (yet). But that doesn't mean I can't recognize how other people can.

The car is so frustrating to drive fast because it feels like you're going slower than normal when you're actually going faster than ever. I can't think of any other car in PCARS (or rfactor for that matter) that feels so awful and slow on the limit... a strange beast, certainly.

*Probably I do anyway... though I've been shocked before... that's how I got this far... ;)

Oh, look a backstabbing scumbag that doesn't knows why private messages are called private. But on topic. No, I don't think that's alien simply because this track doesn't seems to have any cut warnings/rules at all. That's why I think times there at least without ghosts or replays have to be taken with a grain of salt. I was able to put that 1:45 up without problems and I didn't cut a single corner while doing it so there's definitely room for improvement but I'm not really going to bother there anymore because of the given reasons and like I told you in the PMs already I really hate this track.
You consider the top time at Brands annoyingly fast. I'm about 1.3 seconds slower (1 sec if you take Seth's time as example). Now do the math, count up and calculate the approximately time difference this should give on Azure. Does it make click with you now? 17+ seconds difference is only possible when you do what I mentioned in my opinion and that he's unwilling to upload a ghost or replay and drives with damage turned off are other indications for me that something is not right here. And just to mention it. There are other ways of manipulation like simply typing in times with a RAM hack or altering the game/car files. I know that's impossible because of the encryption and all that, right? Lol, dream on.

I also was on the NOS to see if his time there is somehow reproducable. Here the gap isn't that big (~10 secs) but when I see that I'm already about 6 seconds faster than the 3rd it again raises questions marks. That said I'm not really sure here as 10 seconds are maybe within the limits. 17+ seconds on Azure are not but why don't you simply try that out yourself instead of refering to times on other tracks?

Krus Control
26-09-2015, 14:02
I've now set times in the Audi A1, BAC Mono, and BMW Group A. All are similar to my 300SEL lap. I'm not going to take effort to prove to you that I'm not cheating Plage. You're clearly just an unpleasant person or I would offer to show you some secrets of speed I've found. Send me an invite on Steam. I'll race you any time. Anyway, these laps should have enough variety for you guys to compare your Azure times to mine.

Edit: I also just set a Ford Zakspeed Capri time that is pretty quick.

Edit 2: Also I just set a time in the Sauber C9 Mercedes.

bigsilverhotdog
26-09-2015, 14:48
That's strange. I've never seen the leaderboard report it wrong like that. Very impressive if you had assists turned off. Still impressive honestly if they're still on. In my opinion assists don't add extra speed, but rather make grabbing the last little bit easier and sometimes more possible.

It does do this yes, and I can vouch that Algo used no assists. Real always shows up that way for some reason, and since patch 4.0 real doesn't even force real -- assists can still be turned on via hotkeys. Broken, reported, should be fixed in next patch.

edit: Plage I'm done talking to you. I tried to offer advice but you're only interested in your own blathering. Carry on being slow.

Plage
26-09-2015, 15:08
I've now set times in the Audi A1, BAC Mono, and BMW Group A. All are similar to my 300SEL lap. I'm not going to take effort to prove to you that I'm not cheating Plage. You're clearly just an unpleasant person or I would offer to show you some secrets of speed I've found. Send me an invite on Steam. I'll race you any time. Anyway, these laps should have enough variety for you guys to compare your Azure times to mine.

Edit: I also just set a Ford Zakspeed Capri time that is pretty quick.

And of course there won't be any ghosts available because they bugged out, right?

edit: Plage I'm done talking to you. I tried to offer advice but you're only interested in your own blathering. Carry on being slow.

Expected. You can take your advices that are none and stick them to where the sun doesn't shines. I'm fine with my speed.

Krus Control
26-09-2015, 16:18

ttb57
26-09-2015, 21:19
[QUOTE=Plage;1131058]And of course there won't be any ghosts available because they bugged out, right?

If it isn't a track bug, how come there are only 26 ghosts from 259 lap times set there. Including none for you!! Whilst I don't turn damage off I see why people do, particularly on long tracks. PITA to brush a wall that would not occur any penalty IRL but invalidates your time and you have to either start again or continue a long dead lap. I don't know who cheats and who doesn't but based on your flimsy evidence (no ghost and damage off) it must be a large percentage on the boards. As I've said elsewhere, if the real aliens decide to TT none of our times would stand up. I'm mid pack at best in the other sims and yet I'm reasonably fast here so far.

Gibbon
27-09-2015, 00:19
Does anyone from the community team read this? If they do I'd love my time wiped on the Silverstone weekend challenge. The drive through pits and cut the track bug still exists. First seen by me in indy 500 about 20 years ago lol. Was stuck to the bumper of a ghost thinking he was really slow for the time he'd posted. (ie. the same speed as an old fart who's had the game a week.) and lo and behold he carries on into the pits. I have to find three seconds in a weekend if I want to wipe it myself, not going to happen.

As an aside, if there are any other sources for useful tunes other than the setup database. It's always fun to compare and any help I can get to shorten the learning curve is always gratefully received.

TNTGibbon on the LB. Please wipe it, it's embarrassing but nice to know how much time it saves the people that do so I can compare a proper time vs. theirs.

Gibbon.

Plage
27-09-2015, 13:01
If it isn't a track bug, how come there are only 26 ghosts from 259 lap times set there. Including none for you!! Whilst I don't turn damage off I see why people do, particularly on long tracks. PITA to brush a wall that would not occur any penalty IRL but invalidates your time and you have to either start again or continue a long dead lap. I don't know who cheats and who doesn't but based on your flimsy evidence (no ghost and damage off) it must be a large percentage on the boards. As I've said elsewhere, if the real aliens decide to TT none of our times would stand up. I'm mid pack at best in the other sims and yet I'm reasonably fast here so far.

I'm asking this myself. Maybe it's really a bug? That's strange because as far as I can see it saved all my ghosts locally (at least).
Hitting a wall even when it's giving a penalty is not a clean lap and therefore shouldn't be counted. That's why damage should be forced on in time trials IMO.
The missing ghosts and damage off are just indicators. The major thing is the time difference. It simply doesn't sums up when you compare it to the gap at Brands and extrapolate it to Azure. An other thing is that he makes most time in the first stage and this is exactly where you can cheat the most with clearing all obstacles in before and then just restart. Why don't you just go to Azure and try to see for yourself?

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-09-2015, 13:22
One of my friends noticed his ghosts dont show when he uses in car view on TT.

ttb57
27-09-2015, 20:42
I'm asking this myself. Maybe it's really a bug? That's strange because as far as I can see it saved all my ghosts locally (at least).
Hitting a wall even when it's giving a penalty is not a clean lap and therefore shouldn't be counted. That's why damage should be forced on in time trials IMO.
The missing ghosts and damage off are just indicators. The major thing is the time difference. It simply doesn't sums up when you compare it to the gap at Brands and extrapolate it to Azure. An other thing is that he makes most time in the first stage and this is exactly where you can cheat the most with clearing all obstacles in before and then just restart. Why don't you just go to Azure and try to see for yourself?

Really not up for learning a loooong track that I have no love for. As far as scraping walls go, if I return to pits at Bathurst and I haven't ripped the mirrors off, then it wasn't a very committed lap. They do it IRL all the time there.
I've done tens of thousands of laps there over the years on sims and I can never get closer than 3-6secs (depending on vehicle) from the aliens no matter what I do. And that's only 6.2km. What you have to think about is: from your braking point into the turn until full throttle out of the turn you only need to lose an average of 0.189sec over 95 turns to lose 18s. That's assuming you have everything else perfect. Correct raceline for your style, same top speeds at the end of acceleration points, setup etc. Doesn't take much.

PTG Baby Cow
28-09-2015, 17:19
TTB well said, and usually if you dont get the turn perfect and you do lose .2 seconds you can almost guarantee the speed on the straight is also quite a bit lower. So id say even if you are only losing .1 in the corner by the end of even a relatively small straight that makes for about the .2.

I've driven the track and know there are plenty of compound corners. (series of corners) that people lose a lot more time than they think they do by taking each corner individually instead of planning for the next corner. this can easily lose seconds not measly tenths.

Plage
28-09-2015, 19:15
Really not up for learning a loooong track that I have no love for. As far as scraping walls go, if I return to pits at Bathurst and I haven't ripped the mirrors off, then it wasn't a very committed lap. They do it IRL all the time there.
I've done tens of thousands of laps there over the years on sims and I can never get closer than 3-6secs (depending on vehicle) from the aliens no matter what I do. And that's only 6.2km. What you have to think about is: from your braking point into the turn until full throttle out of the turn you only need to lose an average of 0.189sec over 95 turns to lose 18s. That's assuming you have everything else perfect. Correct raceline for your style, same top speeds at the end of acceleration points, setup etc. Doesn't take much.

I can understand this but trust me it can be fun. Still your choice. Bathurst is very special with that part in the hills. Like said for me touching anything makes a lap invalid but that's my personal opinion and doesn't has to be the general tenor.
You're right with what you say about the "average lose" but he has the highest time difference in the first stage already (by far) and in my opinion this is only possible if you clear most of the obstacles and restart to have them out of the way. Nothing will change my opinion until I have a ghost or a replay from him that shows he's doing this time(s) clean. If the difference would be "only" 10 seconds like on the NOS which is comparable because its length I wouldn't say anything but this is simply too much. Even for an alien, sorry.

El Nano
30-09-2015, 17:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNN2SP7-lew&feature=youtu.be

N0body Of The Goat
30-09-2015, 17:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNN2SP7-lew&feature=youtu.be

The system in pCARS since patch 3.0 does not simply void laps for going outside the track defining white lines, the "cutter" has to have gained a time advantage also.

When the ghost car goes wide at Degna 1, you do not appear to definitely lose ground.

PTG Baby Cow
30-09-2015, 17:19
bologna that the guy didnt gain ground. Did you see both cars exiting the second right hander? The ghost never used his brakes for that whole segment, let the sand slow him down and then didnt have to slow down at all for the socond part of the turn where is the chaser has to slow down way more. Also the ghost is only attacking the second right hander at about 30 degrees whereas the chaser was attacking it at 60 degrees.

Krus Control
30-09-2015, 17:49
There are flaws on every track with the invalidation. You just need to put in clean laps and deal with it. SMS is working on it, yes, but I've been in it since pre-release and judging by the progress thus far this problem will always exist in some form. If somebody cuts and sets the fastest time by cutting there is nothing you can do but keep setting clean laps. It would be nice if there was a system to stop dirty players but there just plain isn't and I don't think there ever will be in PCARS.

Krus Control
26-01-2016, 01:52
I've got one that is definitely cheating. FRS at Azure Coast. This guy beat my time by 12 seconds. This is simply not possible. There is maybe only 2 seconds on top of my time if that. It might not be obvious to somebody who hasn't put some serious running in. But it's 100% cheating here and makes me very unhappy. I don't know what he's doing, because his gain is across all sectors. This is the first lap I've found that is certainly cheating besides the 8 second times.

iKasbian
26-01-2016, 16:25
I've got one that is definitely cheating. FRS at Azure Coast. This guy beat my time by 12 seconds. This is simply not possible. There is maybe only 2 seconds on top of my time if that. It might not be obvious to somebody who hasn't put some serious running in. But it's 100% cheating here and makes me very unhappy. I don't know what he's doing, because his gain is across all sectors. This is the first lap I've found that is certainly cheating besides the 8 second times.

You made out your time @ bathurst was practically unbeatable and yet some spotty little kid annihilated it by a # of seconds.

Its about time you admit some people are just 'BETTER' than you, krud. How you think anyone can cheat this game is beyond me...

EvoM3
27-01-2016, 08:12
You made out your time @ bathurst was practically unbeatable and yet some spotty little kid annihilated it by a # of seconds.

Its about time you admit some people are just 'BETTER' than you, krud. How you think anyone can cheat this game is beyond me...

Spotty little kid. Well cant say I've ever been called that before. As a passionate motorsports racer who's probably spent more time on a real track than you've had hot dinners, I'll take that as a compliment.

iKasbian
27-01-2016, 10:48
Spotty little kid. Well cant say I've ever been called that before. As a passionate motorsports racer who's probably spent more time on a real track than you've had hot dinners, I'll take that as a compliment.

I take it this is your idea of a "real track", KID? :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpNFflJDWPY

I was running laps on brandshatch/silverstone tracks when you were still in nappies.... I could prove it, but then, my ego doesn't need massaging like yours :rolleyes:

Bealdor
27-01-2016, 11:18
Enjoy your one week vacation from the forum, iKasbian.
You've been warned (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?42420-Post-the-most-competitive-laptimes-here-all-cars-tracks&p=1186280&viewfull=1#post1186280) twice already and your constant poking of certain forum members will not be tolerated any longer.
Next time it'll be a permaban.

MaximusN
27-01-2016, 12:12
The system in pCARS since patch 3.0 does not simply void laps for going outside the track defining white lines, the "cutter" has to have gained a time advantage also.

When the ghost car goes wide at Degna 1, you do not appear to definitely lose ground.

I think he does lose ground after Degna 2. The ghosts exit speed at Degna 2 is higher then possible by staying within the lines, because he turns Degna 1 and 2 into one fluent corner with a bigger radius and higer corner speed(hence exit speed).

So I think the devs should not only take into account if there's time gained when off, but also the exit speed. Or even maybe een easier have a look up table of exit speeds. If you went off and your exit speed is higher than one from any valid sector, your lap will be invalidated. And IMHO it should be grounds for a cut corner penalty in a race.

Silraed
04-02-2016, 08:33
I realise it isn't technically cheating or against any rules, but how does the current top Formula A time around Bannochbrae by Merdon, a 1:39:289, not get invalidated by all that wall riding? The ghost drives head on into the barriers at the right hander after the bridge!

Th3Pr0ph3cy
04-02-2016, 12:13
The weired about this is: Cutting on this Track is punished meticulously (even if you have at least 2 tyres on the track) but wallriding is no problem and can be done on the complete track... and even more weired -> if you hit a guardrail accidentally, Lap Time is invalid. Where is the logic in that?