PDA

View Full Version : Will the multiplayer server browser be getting a tweak anytime soon?

Frankie_Dibble
22-06-2015, 12:20
Just curious to know if there are any plans to improve the server browser at all? At the moment it's really poor and basic. I would like to be able to save my search options instead of having to set them everytime. A filter would also be nice to be able only show races in the lobby rather than races all ready in progress. While I'm here, does anyone know if we will be getting the option to save our own personnal lap times? At the moment it's a pain keeping track of my lap times (I have to write them down ffs). Such a basic feature missing...

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 12:21
Just curious to know if there are any plans to improve the server browser at all? At the moment it's really poor and basic. I would like to be able to save my search options instead of having to set them everytime. A filter would also be nice to be able only show races in the lobby rather than races all ready in progress. While I'm here, does anyone know if we will be getting the option to save our own personnal lap times? At the moment it's a pain keeping track of my lap times (I have to write them down ffs). Such a basic feature missing...

Is this on the request list?

Frankie_Dibble
22-06-2015, 12:26
Is this on the request list?

It might be, to be honest I was too lazy to browse through all the pages of the request list before I posted this, I only have a brief lunch break ;)

N0body Of The Goat
22-06-2015, 14:16
A related observation...

If you filter by experience level, "amateur" level servers are rarer than hens teeth (I've never seen one, one time I purposely created an extra "amateur" profile to create a public dedicated test server but no idea if other saw it as "amateur"), but plenty of "pro" and a fair amount of "novice" level servers always seem to be active.

I find it curious how a server can be listed as "pro" when the host has opted to disable damage; fuel use; mechanical damage; tyre wear; activate non-real ABS/TC/SC assists etc.

The vehicle listed for a server does not represent the true nature of the server, it simply shows you which car (class?) the host is driving, even if the car choice is completely open.

Elmo
22-06-2015, 14:46
The devs already working on a better filtering option to replace the current Novice/Amateur/Pro system, which will be more clear in terms of definition.

321Respawn
22-06-2015, 15:44
Hope so because it is frustrating to filter GT3 go in to a lobby and find it set on 90 minute practice then have to go out filter GT3 again repeat until you find a lobby that actually wants to get some races in .