PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheels?

Lemonsracer21
22-06-2015, 15:48
Whats a good steering wheel + pedal combination and is compatible for xboxone and pc? Thanks

Raven403
22-06-2015, 15:49
Thrustmaster TX is a popular choice, good value for money

agentbeef
22-06-2015, 16:40
I just got a thrustmaster 458 spider .it has no ffb but if you want to try a wheel out start there cost about 75 quid as apposed to 200 + for the tx which having now decided I like wheels I may just have to get. assuming Mrs beef doesn't mind, though she spent 2.99 on boom beach the other day suppose I could hold that against her. i digress get a wheel its so much better than I thought it would be and I thought it would be pretty good.

Robhd
22-06-2015, 16:43
I learned my lesson buying wheels the hard way with the xbox 360... Bought a sixty quid madcatz... 2 weeks later a new old stock MS wheel and less than a month later a lovely fanatec csr...

This time on the xbox one i went straight for a thrustmaster tx! Trust me... It works out cheaper in the long run as the bug bites deeper!

Mattyd
22-06-2015, 16:44
you can get the logitech driving force gt for pretty cheap, it's a good starting wheel if you just want to "dip a toe" into ffb racing. It has treated me well for about 5 years and I am now upgrading to the G27.

OpticalHercules
22-06-2015, 16:59
Best bet is probably the Thrustmaster TX. Unfortunately the 458 Spider is not compatible with PC, and I don't think the Logitech GT another mentioned is compatible with XBone. The TX is compatible with both.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 17:00
you can get the logitech driving force gt for pretty cheap, it's a good starting wheel if you just want to "dip a toe" into ffb racing. It has treated me well for about 5 years and I am now upgrading to the G27.

That's not compatible with X1. Unless you mean the new Logitech wheel but that's 400 bucks

Raven403
22-06-2015, 17:00
Best bet is probably the Thrustmaster TX. Unfortunately the 458 Spider is not compatible with PC, and I don't think the Logitech GT another mentioned is compatible with XBone. The TX is compatible with both.

^^That

Haiden
22-06-2015, 17:43
Thrustmaster TX

Lemonsracer21
22-06-2015, 19:38
Thanks everyone for your input.

Moss2076
22-06-2015, 19:59
I've got a Madcatz wheel and pedals which I love to bits. Got it set up on a Wheel Stand Pro.

Then I bought a GT Omega Rear Seat Frame for 44 and purchased an actual Sparco racing seat off EBay.The seat bolts perfectly onto the GT Omega rear stand, and is soooo stable and comfy!!

Happy days!

LMR ShOwTiMe875
22-06-2015, 21:13
Have had the thrustmaster tx for a lil over a week. I currently also own two logitechs, driving force gt and g27. They're all good wheels but one thing I love about the thrustmaster is how smooth the steering is. And it's compatible with pc as well. You have the option of the thrustmaster, mad catz(no experience with it), or wait for the new Logitech coming out later this year. I would get the tx, you can find it on sale for under 300 online it's well worth it.

Inferno07
22-06-2015, 22:28
I originally bought the Thrustmaster Spider wheel last month for $79. It has no ffb but ive never owned a wheel and wanted to try it out. I tried it on Forza 5, where I'm pretty good with the gamepad. I couldn't get quicker times than I could with the gamepad, but wow what a different experience it is with the wheel, it felt like a whole new game and I was much more consistent. Once I bought project cars the game is more immersive with its simulation style, and I felt I was bottlenecking the experience by not having ffb to push the cars to the edge without spinning out. So last Friday I returned the Spider to GameStop, and ordered the TX from Walmart for $293. The wheel gets here Wednesday! If you're not playing at a desk make sure to also invest in a wheel stand. I have a wheel stand pro and love it, cost was $129. Good luck

Hammerpgh
23-06-2015, 13:52
I was waiting for the TX to get restocked over here in the UK and for the prices to become a bit more reasonable but rather than sit twiddling my thumbs with the game sat there looking at me (I can't play with a pad for love nor money!!) I ordered the 458 Spider. Absolutely love it.. of course there's no FFB but I have quickly re-adjusted to that and am enjoying the game immensely now. I will probably eventually go for a FFB wheel eventually which I assumed would be a TX but with the news of Logitechs offerring in the Autumn I am now more happy than before that I opted for the 458 as I can bide my time and choose the better wheel when the time comes. Win / Win situation as far as I am concerned.