PDA

View Full Version : Steering Angle

Rug22
22-06-2015, 18:39
I'm sure someone will point something obvious I've mmissed

When setting up the game and calibrating my T300 GTE I was the 90 degree as a turn rather than looking to get the screen to show 900, but I've noticed that when I use the formula cars I'm going to full lock for some simple corners.

Example (sorry can't use the video posting option on my phone)

https://youtu.be/3oGU9a3lQuY

As you can see I'm having to give a lot of lock when to me the game should be changing my steering lock, or at leastI wwas under the impression this is how it worked.

On this video you can see a friend who uses the T80 wheel.

https://youtu.be/WQ83tNb37UY

So is not calibrating my wheel correctly to a 90 degree turn the optimal for the game like my friend had done, or is something funky going on for me?

amitlr
22-06-2015, 18:56
Is this angle shown in replay only? or do you actually have to turn that much of an angle while driving?

I am having this issue while watching replays. Although , i do set the turning angle of the steering in the tuning menu, for most cars (turn it down).
And i also change the wheel angle mode from 1080 --> 900 --> 540 depending on the car.
Even at 900* , the animation of the wheel turning shown in replays is much, much higher, full lock in some corners than i actually use in real time.

Rug22
22-06-2015, 19:03
The angle in the video is direct capture and matches my input

Jasondm
22-06-2015, 19:13
Only thing that gets on my tits is I get all the setting sorted then there's a update and now it's all gone to shit .now it understeers and the ass end wobbles in straite line and pulls to the left .can't be bothered now .

rams1de
22-06-2015, 20:17
Have you changed the steering deadzone in the global settings?

I had a problem with the amount of steering angle needed (even to deviate from a straight line). I noticed steering deadzone was at zero, but the next available setting is 5.

I had to reset in order to get the default setting of 1