PDA

View Full Version : Getting rammed, then disqualified

marcovhv
22-06-2015, 20:04
This has happened to me several times now:

1: I qualify pretty well and get a starting grid position somewhere in the top 5.
2: During the start I gain a few positions. Yay!
3: In the first or second corner, I brake properly but some#!$%@#$ behind me uses ME as their brake, causing me to spin off the track.
4: I try to calmly get back on track in order to start trying to get back ahead. Sometimes I end up on the track in the wrong direction which I think triggers what happens next in 5:
5: Someone slams into me at 120+ MPH and I get disqualified for hitting an opponent

Ummm... ok? This is SUPER frustrating...

MikeyTT
30-06-2015, 17:30
Yup, seems pretty par for the course.

I've just been spending a little time testing the latest version of my vrHive app, and I wanted to run through to check it works in multiplayer.

30 min Quali @ Monza, followed by 5 min warmup in the DTM Merc.

Lap 1 of quali: slow down into T1, as faster cars are on track. Get to the first left under the bridge and 2!!! people are sitting on the track broadside, one on first chicane and one on 2nd part of it.
Lap 2, the hotlap: Numpties have stopped sitting on the chicane, so I blast through, get all the way around the the fast left right sweepers before the last straight. On the exit there is someone sitting off the track. That's ok, I don't plan to go there. But no, as soon as I start through the left they drive onto the track and stop! Car trashed, back to the garage.
Lap 3, I get to the 2nd chicane again on my outlap, see a faster car in the rear view, so I go off the track and over the speed bumps. 2 secs later, WHAM! car behind didn't even try and brake, and my car is yet again knackered, so back to the garage.

End of quali, I manage to get into P2.

warmup was just a complete joke, so I stay in the garage waiting for the race.

Race starts. It's a standing start. Lights go green, I drop the clutch and am slightly ahead of P1 after the first 20 mtrs or so. Then I get tagged from behind (jump start anyone) and spun around. They didn't back off for a second, or try and avoid me, just right into the back. Spun me around, so I'm now broadside to the track. Funnily enough I then get hit by the rest of the pack. DQ for hitting another car!!

40 minutes completely wasted. I've had 2 hours to test today and in all that time I've not had a single good race, or even a fair to middling one. Online behaviour is appalling. I know there are some good racers, but I've yet to find any, as I can't even get into a battle.

I think online for me will have to go back to private lobbys and password protected sessions. It really just isn't worth the pain right now; zero enjoyment.

babazulu
30-06-2015, 19:12
This has happened to me several times now:

1: I qualify pretty well and get a starting grid position somewhere in the top 5.
2: During the start I gain a few positions. Yay!
3: In the first or second corner, I brake properly but some#!$%@#$ behind me uses ME as their brake, causing me to spin off the track.
4: I try to calmly get back on track in order to start trying to get back ahead. Sometimes I end up on the track in the wrong direction which I think triggers what happens next in 5:
5: Someone slams into me at 120+ MPH and I get disqualified for hitting an opponent

Ummm... ok? This is SUPER frustrating...

Yeah, welcome to "finished" game ;)
Whole multiplayer is a joke, from start to beginning.
Damn Toca Race Driver 1, 15 years ago had better multiplayer.

Iwanchek
30-06-2015, 19:56
nothing new, but hey, who cares, the most important part here is that the project cars in in the build phase, soooooo.....and if any solution is coming then in a few moths...

amazing

Ralph B
01-07-2015, 16:49

Maybe the punishment for being rammed out without own fault is a bit harsh and unjustified. But you can't blame the game for all this idiots, who don't care about braking and fair driving.

Shalashaska523
01-07-2015, 18:47
This thread is the exact reason I looked for the forums and joined. You'd think with a simulator non arcade racing game you'd get more mature people but I've finished one race online so far the rest are just number cars. If anyone wants to add me for some decent racing my psn is the same as my ID here. I may not be the best but I won't cheat to win

Fre.Mo
03-07-2015, 15:33
Having the same problem...

fitzsteve
03-07-2015, 16:09
It's happened to me the opposite before, someone has gone off and come back onto the track (driving the wrong way) and I've been DQ for hitting them.

Maybe the game needs to ghost out unpredictable/wrecking behavior?

toxicfiend
11-07-2015, 04:42
i wont be playing multiplayer for a while just got the game and not being the best driver i dont want to cause any crashes but i am loving this game so far and love the learning curve.So i hope to get better and if i finish last so be it i do it for the fun.

Fanapryde
11-07-2015, 07:28
It's happened to me the opposite before, someone has gone off and come back onto the track (driving the wrong way) and I've been DQ for hitting them.

Maybe the game needs to ghost out unpredictable/wrecking behavior?
Maybe it does ?
But not consistent.
I stalled the engine after braking hard to avoid two crashed cars.
Started again, but stayed in place because there were cars coming up. They drove right through my car... four of them.
So I hit the throttle and then got hit by two others and DSQ.

Smokey Tyres
11-07-2015, 08:22
I am really getting annoyed at all the rear Enders on start...I have been trying to drive a clean race online now for a month and half and so far I just end up having to quit before my second lap ALWAYS . Not one single 2 lap per!! And that's at all race levels, even Pro...I was considering an investment in a full simulated cockpit, but now that is scratched at least for Project cars due to no one caring or what is called an inherent bug in the game...drive 20 meters get referenced wait five seconds, THEN REPEAT! I really do like this game, but this is just crazy

madmax2069
11-07-2015, 08:26
Just had this happen to me, soneone slammed into me causing me to spin out then another person slams into me while im spinning (he hits me in my front end) and I get DQed

Jakob
11-07-2015, 11:17
Same here, I just race in the public lobbies as I don't have time for leagues and that sort of thing. I've had a lot of good races, but had some bad ones too. One race I will never forget.

LeMans, I qualified 1st or 2nd. I was able to get 1st going up the hill to the S bend. I had a 1 or 2 second gap on 2nd for a period of time, then he started cutting corners to make up that time, so we were having a good battle, exchanging positions a few times, down to the last 2 laps, he bumped me going into the corners twice, not hard enough to send me off the track, but I knew it was intentional. Last lap he's in 1st, I'm right on his bumper going around the last bit of the track, it took everything in me not to slam into him, just to return the favour. The hairpin the brings you onto the starting grid, he goes a little wide and I snuck under him for the win, coming out of that corner, He tries to take me out and misses, going into the wall. It felt awesome getting that win and watching him wreck

Smokey Tyres
11-07-2015, 15:13

Absolutely right, I remember the game, I played it more than my son did, thanks for the memory....!

Fanapryde
11-07-2015, 16:30
Absolutely right, I remember the game, I played it more than my son did, thanks for the memory....!

These ? :eagerness:

I had so much fun with them... wonder if they would still work on newer computers. Since I am planning to get one (for triple screen setup and button box...) :triumphant:

Today LMP WEC at Sakitto: got rammed and DSQ'd... again !!
That is the third time this season, won the other two.
I am going to disable penalties and damage whenever racing WEC again.

Smokey Tyres
11-07-2015, 18:05
These ? :eagerness:

I had so much fun with them... wonder if they would still work on newer computers. Since I am planning to get one (for triple screen setup and button box...) :triumphant:

Today LMP WEC at Sakitto: got rammed and DSQ'd... again !!
That is the third time this season, won the other two.
I am going to disable penalties and damage whenever racing WEC again.

I have been resisting opening up the "God Car" settings, only because I really do want to keep it as real to life as I can by NOT slamming the number of others and hitting the corners at manageable speed for control and even adding some percipation to some races. Bottom line is, I love the challenge. I do understand the entertainment value that folks like with the smash'm up wrecks and general run amuck games, but at least make it known SOMEHOW, that this is the way you run your race( talking about ones that create a race. I think there should be a server separate for that just as one separate for those that want a challenge and more realistic form of racing. Accidents happen that's why they call it that, an accident! However, this game is not marketed as a demolition derby, there is one already available. So maybe if I can say to the ones that hit on purpose , for whatever reason, fun, noober or just don't give a phuque, create your own derby with your friends list please, I just want to finish a 2nd lap in multiplayer mode and eventually finish, and of course WIN or at least place!

Advice, before you attempt online races, maybe do practice sessions with the AI REMOVED and work on proficiently controlling your car and it's expendable so such as brakes tyres and fuel, just a suggestion, thanks for listening . Smokey Tyres says, " If you see a cloud of white smoke in front of you, that'll, be me, please don't hit me in revenge because I passed you, real races doesn't tolerate it and neither do some of us, Ty

Dam351
13-07-2015, 17:40
Maybe the punishment for being rammed out without own fault is a bit harsh and unjustified. But you can't blame the game for all this idiots, who don't care about braking and fair driving.

Sorry, but i disagree with the statement "can't blame the game for all the wreckers etc"

I can post several videos of 1 or more wreckers causing smash after crash, really having a great time doing it too, all the while real racers are compromised from their enjoyment trying to avoid the wreckers.

One cannot enforce good driving etiquette without proper rules, which is why the wreckers will continue smashing into racers over and over, as there is nothing but a minor time penalty for them and hey, they dont care cos they're not actually racing, are they?

If there was simulation of racing rules in general, that was enforced the troll players would be out of the lobby the first major accident they cause. As it is they can cause several each lap without a fear.

Imo Its very disappointing to have 6-12 random racers, unknown but having a great clean racing session when a bad apple gets in and ruins it for all. When i brought project cars i read about online player rankings and other great ideas that would weed out the bs players ruining it for others. Unfortunately i found out that its not finished after I'd unwrapped it.

Stocky
13-07-2015, 18:00
Back in 1994, 22 years ago, Papyrus had a fantastic 1-9 ranking system for Nascar online play. It worked great, weeded out the wreckers after rank 2-3, and it also weeded out the slower drivers rank 3-6. It was a great system for playing with those your own skill level, with out the wreckers.

Even more so, it gave you more incentive to race online, get better, and improve your ranking. Everyone wanted to be a higher rank.

It was all based on points for finishing races in front of people with higher ranks than yourself, or finishing behind people with lower ranks than yourself.

A ranking system would put an end to most of the issues we have with inconsiderate drivers.

Also, if the player left the session, the car should be removed immediately. No sense in leaving the car on the track, in case the player comes back or reestablishes his connection. One minute, 5 minutes, it doesn't matter, that players race is over, remove the vehicle or retire it to the garage that very second.

Another suggestion would be a main chat room, in addition to the game rooms. This will give players the opportunity to create a password protected game, with all the available players not already in a game, from within that main chat room. From there, you can send people passwords, figure out race options, and which players to not to invite.

Dam351
13-07-2015, 20:27
This is what I was talking about in my post earlier. There's many suggestions to reduce these situations, some great suggestions just above this post.

This video 1 player whos name is clearly shown on this video, but I refer to them as player 'X' takes out the top 3 qualifiers, then another 3 all within 2 turns, then on 2nd lap (he's still here) he performed a truly unsporting act on the then race leader. https://youtu.be/J6GX1t_BDPs

widcard
13-07-2015, 20:47
Most concerning, yes a more robust system is needed to DQ the blatant acts shown in your vid.

Bubbs
15-07-2015, 14:39
Here's another one as well. Dubai GP, 8 laps, and we have a guy in a red BMW who starts in 5th and seems to think that he can win the race at the first corner. Squeezes me, then tips me into the wall before turn 1. Granted there's a bit of paint being swapped everywhere but even so.

He takes the front guys out in T1 and then spins onto the track. I have nowhere to go so end up tapping him slightly.

I was thinking, well, that's that over with, I'm out of the way now so no danger. Only, I then get done from behind and nudged off. Whilst attempting to rejoin, the red BMW guy comes FLYING in at unabated speed head on into my car.

And it's me that gets DQ'd.

I was both sadface and angryface about that :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_GM2G7V-yA

The ending of the video is a little bit 'Final Destination' lol :p

By the way, that start is the single reason why I tend to only do online races where damage is turned off (or is visual only).

MrFlibble81
15-07-2015, 15:05
Something similar happened to me last weekend. I was in a race around Hockenheim, I started 7th or 8th (I think), I got a pretty good start and got myself up to 5th by turn 1 (that little right hander) when I overcooked it and spun onto the grass and completely lost control of my car.

Ended up hitting the barrier and then in the process of spinning around again, I got hit side on by someone and I got DQ'd.

If I caused the collision than I'll take the disqualification but the fact is I was spinning and had zero control over my car at that point so I thought me being DQ'd was a tad unfair but it is what it is.

smithdan78
16-07-2015, 14:28
try this on saturday with me; http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35094-PS4-GT3-Le-Mans-Pro-Endurance-30-lap-Race-Sat-18th-July-1PM-UK-Time

MrFlibble81
16-07-2015, 14:34
try this on saturday with me; http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35094-PS4-GT3-Le-Mans-Pro-Endurance-30-lap-Race-Sat-18th-July-1PM-UK-Time

I would but I'm 6 hours behind you, so racing at 7am on a Saturday is not going to happen, mostly cuz my kid won't let it happen! Lol.

GoTaLL
17-07-2015, 11:19
your video sums up what is pcars public online races

Kresimir Rogic
18-07-2015, 10:45
I haven't been able to drive PCars for the last few weeks, so today I had some time and took it for a spin.

First online race, I do the qualifier and I get rammed in a corner and get DQ'd.

http://www.twitch.tv/krashr/v/7908026

The highlight is on twitch, so apologies for the pre roll ad.

Jbpd
19-07-2015, 06:41
Qualified on front row car behind floors it way before green light rams into back me moving me forward so I get a jump start penalty and a damaged car.

kemo
29-08-2015, 16:35
As of this day, this is still an issue of getting wrecked and disqualified. It said that I caused it, although I was tagged from behind. This is extremely infuriating.