PDA

View Full Version : [NO, THAT'S HOW GAME DEVELOPMENT WORKS] So... Project CARS was cancelled?

k.merse
22-06-2015, 21:25
I know the release date was postponed many times and the game was released unfinished (don't want to start a flame war, it's a fact that things like AI, career mode or oval racing still needs some serious work). I know that it's trendy now to release a sequel every second year.
But SMS and WMD crew specifically stated that PCars would not only be a first member of a series but a platform that can be extended, developed, that would be regularly supported, and expanded with free cars and tracks. It was implied that investing into Project CARS is a long-term investment. And now it turns out that PCars2 is under development, and I can't help it but I feel cheated. It means that PCars will have only a slightly longer lifespan than the next iteration of Codemasters' F1 series, and far shorter than any rival titles (AC, GT, Forza...).
PCars is a great game and although it has its flaws I thought that with one patch or two all the rough edges would be ironed out and it would be the best racing game out there. But now I feel that the devs basically abandoned it and everyone involved in the development of the game.
If this news would have come one year after the original release, I would accept it. But it was what... one month ago that PCars was released? I bought it right away because I was so excited about it. But I'm not sure if I'm gonna invest into PCars2. I may haveto wait one more year to buy PCars3 after all...

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 21:26
I know the release date was postponed many times and the game was released unfinished (don't want to start a flame war, it's a fact that things like AI, career mode or oval racing still needs some serious work). I know that it's trendy now to release a sequel every second year.
But SMS and WMD crew specifically stated that PCars would not only be a first member of a series but a platform that can be extended, developed, that would be regularly supported, and expanded with free cars and tracks. It was implied that investing into Project CARS is a long-term investment. And now it turns out that PCars2 is under development, and I can't help it but I feel cheated. It means that PCars will have only a slightly longer lifespan than the next iteration of Codemasters' F1 series, and far shorter than any rival titles (AC, GT, Forza...).
PCars is a great game and although it has its flaws I thought that with one patch or two all the rough edges would be ironed out and it would be the best racing game out there. But now I feel that the devs basically abandoned it and everyone involved in the development of the game.
If this news would have come one year after the original release, I would accept it. But it was what... one month ago that PCars was released? I bought it right away because I was so excited about it. But I'm not sure if I'm gonna invest into PCars2. I may haveto wait one more year to buy PCars3 after all...

I'd skip the investment into pCARS2 if I were you. It's more about helping with game development than anything else.

Siberian Tiger
22-06-2015, 21:28
pCars will get at least a 2 Year Support with Fixes / New Features / DLC's etc.

It's normal that you have to go a step further and begin to develope the next Game...

If you would have read a bit in this Forum you would have found all these Informations.

Edit:/ Ninjad by the Boss..

Scuderia Paul
22-06-2015, 21:37
PCars will have several updates over the coming year and has a comprehensive DLC programme planned. PCars2 won't release until 2017 so the 40 staff kept on PCars will be busy improving the game. It is far fom abandoned.

JDFSSS
22-06-2015, 22:32
I don't think there's anything wrong with a 2year life cycle for a game. To expect a game to last for 3+years and receive constant updates/patches/content addition with only 1 game purchase at $60 or less is very unrealistic. At that point the game company starts becoming closer to a charity than a business. Plenty of developers get away with a 1 year life cycle for their games. I personally think the 2 year life cycle is the sweet spot and would be happy to purchase pcars2 when it's released in 2017.

Mr.Smoke
22-06-2015, 22:32
When can we get into pCARS2 development? I want in!! Still ruffled about missing the deadline by a week for this one.

Siberian Tiger
22-06-2015, 22:35
When can we get into pCARS2 development? I want in!! Still ruffled about missing the deadline by a week for this one.

Now.... Here is the Link: http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/project-cars-2/

TheReaper GT
22-06-2015, 22:36

NOW :D

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32482-Announcing-Project-CARS-2-Sign-Up-Now!

justonce68
22-06-2015, 22:53
I don't believe SMS/WMD need our money, they are offering the unique opportunity to be involved in a games development. Whether you love or hate the current game, you have the chance to help develop a better game.
The fact that it's at a cost is no more than a filter, to weed out the haters that would do nothing but hinder the whole process.
The cost of bronze is no more than the cost of the retail price of the game at launch, and a digital copy is included in the bronze investment.
This is a no brainer to me.
I have read 100 times that SMS will be supporting PC1 for the next 2 years, so why does this not sink in with certain people.

Mr.Smoke
22-06-2015, 23:02
Now.... Here is the Link: http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/project-cars-2/

NOW :D

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32482-Announcing-Project-CARS-2-Sign-Up-Now!

Awesome!! Is having a PC capable of running the game mandatory? Ive been meaning to upgrade my PC for a while now, so this could be the incentive ive needed lol.

mire2
22-06-2015, 23:04
For me it would be better that Pcars 2 co es out maybe in 4-5 years......it is a unique game so i think it would be better to stay at one game of it and working it out till ever with cars, tracks.......ok maybe it is impossible.....but i would love to see Pcars 2 in earliest 4- 5 years........for me it makes not much sense to buy a sequal of it in Maybe 2 years, after Pcars 2 i can throw the first in the trash and would buy the second..........for me it is unique......or has someone seen something like iRACING 2 or Assetto corsa 2 ?.........

So i am not sure if i want to buy all the future DLC's, when i have to buy for Pcars 2 again DLC's and all things from the first are useless after release of Pcars 2...........

for my point it is not a good idea....please dont understand it wrong, its my opinion for that.....

TheReaper GT
Awesome!! Is having a PC capable of running the game mandatory? Ive been meaning to upgrade my PC for a while now, so this could be the incentive ive needed lol.

If you wanna have the best experience it is. But even if you plan that upgrade for later, you should apply now so when you get your new pc you are already in for the early game development

Neil Hopwood

My PC is technically below the min requirments and it running build 0 ok, but that may not last too long.

New GPU is on my shopping list for the next few weeks.

Mr.Smoke
22-06-2015, 23:23
If you wanna have the best experience it is. But even if you plan that upgrade for later, you should apply now so when you get your new pc you are already in for the early game development

Ive already registered there & plan to buy a tool pack soon. Really looking forward to being involved this time round!!

My PC is technically below the min requirments and it running build 0 ok, but that may not last too long.

New GPU is on my shopping list for the next few weeks.

Will be interesting to see how mine fairs. Its still working just fine for what i use it for, but will likely need beefing up in order to stay up to snuff on playing later builds down the line.

Beltoon
22-06-2015, 23:29
It's great that they're working on a sequal. This game is amazing and I have no doubt that pCARS 2 will be even better. I do think it's a bit early, mainly because the current version is far from finished. It's still impossible to race online with more than 10 people on XB1... I wanted to wait with buying DLC until the lobby's we're fixed but at the moment I don't feel the need to invest in a game when the sequel has already been announced.

Roger Prynne
22-06-2015, 23:31
For me it would be better that Pcars 2 co es out maybe in 4-5 years......it is a unique game so i think it would be better to stay at one game of it and working it out till ever with cars, tracks.......ok maybe it is impossible.....but i would love to see Pcars 2 in earliest 4- 5 years........for me it makes not much sense to buy a sequal of it in Maybe 2 years, after Pcars 2 i can throw the first in the trash and would buy the second..........for me it is unique......or has someone seen something like iRACING 2 or Assetto corsa 2 ?.........

So i am not sure if i want to buy all the future DLC's, when i have to buy for Pcars 2 again DLC's and all things from the first are useless after release of Pcars 2...........

for my point it is not a good idea....please dont understand it wrong, its my opinion for that.....

And who's going to pay the Devs wages in the mean time? come on mate think about it before you post stuff like that.

Henrique Clausing
22-06-2015, 23:53
I don't know why someones are frustrated. For two or three years... Codemaster, EA, Konami, etc launch a "new" version of the same game, and everyone buys, FIFA 12, 13 and 14 are THE SAME game... Need For Speed: various "remakes"... F1 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

So, what's wrong here?? I work with software development... it's a very hard job, and, when you have finished your app, you see that can do much better, but, needs to start from scratch, no way for patches. It needs to be another application.

pCars 1 will continue to give us so much fun for a long time, and the devs will work to fix some issues and to publish cars and tracks.

Boyd12
22-06-2015, 23:59
I would love to donate preferably the Gold membership but I don't own a PC so wont be involved with the builds I would just get the game benefits. Puts me off but it is too be expected I guess

Neil Bateman
23-06-2015, 00:03

This is ridiculous, how many companies/businesses that create, produce and sell a product then sit back for 4-5 years before they create, produce and sell something else.

If that was the way things were done no business would survive.

NuclearPenguin
23-06-2015, 00:05
I would of loved if it was a $50/$60 expansion pack instead of a sequel. Originally I was going to buy all the car DLCs just to have a huge list of cars to choose from but now my guess is that won't transfer over to Pcars2 so Ill only get cars that I really do want. Also the name, "Project CARS", would really fit a game that was a platform for DLCs and Expansion packs. Ah well.

Helmethead1031
23-06-2015, 00:08

I think you're reading a little too much into this. They are a business. If they don't work on anything else for future release, they're entire revenue stream is hinged on one product. Bad business. Every company begins working on their next project immediately after release of current project. It's just a good business model. I noticed you own a PS4. Are you upset Sony was already working on the PS4's successor as soon as it was released? The PS3 to PS4 release took 7yrs.....2yrs between $60 racing titles certainly seems fair. U

mire2
23-06-2015, 00:21
And who's going to pay the Devs wages in the mean time? come on mate think about it before you post stuff like that.

No.........Other SIM's can also live without a sequel........all i get as an answer is always money money money!.....the first was crowdfunding, the second is crowdfunding.....other games never made crowdfunding and done it.....and DLC's bring also money in the future.....when the second is crowdfunding and they make moey with the first, where is the problem with cash?......for me it is senseless to spend money for DLC's when the secon of it will much better.......At other games i could understand it, but for a racing SIM??....I swear when SMS would workout the first for years it would be exact same good like the planned sequel....but no, they want more cash and start a second crowdfunding.....

So more time i spend here, so more i get sceptical.........All opinions which dont fit into the devs or WMD members mind, get attacked.........

For me a sequel is senseless and useless, because with work at the first in the future, the game would be like a Pcars 2.......but now i should spend money for DLC's and after releasing Pcars 2 i can trade it or throwing in the trash and start all again at Pcars 2.........and all things i read for the second , could also be in the first....maybe not all but the most.........i am confused because it is a SIM, what should be better at the second? Handling?

Pcars is unique and the best racing SIM, for the next years it dont need a sequel........But ok....money money money......
I will not read the next replys to my posts, because all will feel attacked and try to defend......

Opinions rule's....Not money!

I'm out bye

Helmethead1031
23-06-2015, 00:27
No.........Other SIM's can also live without a sequel........all i get as an answer is always money money money!.....the first was crowdfunding, the second is crowdfunding.....other games never made crowdfunding and done it.....and DLC's bring also money in the future.....when the second is crowdfunding and they make moey with the first, where is the problem with cash?......for me it is senseless to spend money for DLC's when the secon of it will much better.......At other games i could understand it, but for a racing SIM??....I swear when SMS would workout the first for years it would be exact same good like the planned sequel....but no, they want more cash and start a second crowdfunding.....

So more time i spend here, so more i get sceptical.........All opinions which dont fit into the devs or WMD members mind, get attacked.........

For me a sequel is senseless and useless, because with work at the first in the future, the game would be like a Pcars 2.......but now i should spend money for DLC's and after releasing Pcars 2 i can trade it or throwing in the trash and start all again at Pcars 2.........and all things i read for the second , could also be in the first....maybe not all but the most.........i am confused because it is a SIM, what should be better at the second? Handling?

Pcars is unique and the best racing SIM, for the next years it dont need a sequel........But ok....money money money......
I will not read the next replys to my posts, because all will feel attacked and try to defend......

I'm out bye

This has become laughable. Of course this is about money. If it wasn't they would have just given us the game instead of having us buy it. I'm not sure why you are offended when others mention the obvious business answer. Your anger is astonishing. Having no idea your age, I will just guess you aren't old enough to understand how business works.

mitchfrompei
23-06-2015, 00:41
I'd skip the investment into pCARS2 if I were you. It's more about helping with game development than anything else.

You should be looking for investors to fix PROJECT CARS. And looking for help to develop PROJECT CARS.

Roger Prynne
23-06-2015, 00:49

I'm out bye

I'm not even going to bother with you anymore as you obviously don't understand anything about game development at all.
All you want to do is argue for the sake of it.

Neil Bateman
23-06-2015, 00:50
You should be looking for investors to fix PROJECT CARS. And looking for help to develop PROJECT CARS.

Another silly comment, there are 40 people dedicated to fix/develop PCars for another 1-2 years, sales of the game are paying for that.

eclap
23-06-2015, 00:51
I don't believe SMS/WMD need our money, they are offering the unique opportunity to be involved in a games development. Whether you love or hate the current game, you have the chance to help develop a better game.
The fact that it's at a cost is no more than a filter, to weed out the haters that would do nothing but hinder the whole process.
The cost of bronze is no more than the cost of the retail price of the game at launch, and a digital copy is included in the bronze investment.
This is a no brainer to me.
I have read 100 times that SMS will be supporting PC1 for the next 2 years, so why does this not sink in with certain people.

Funny, I never spent 50 on a PC game. A copy of pCARS was also promised when WMD started and we all know how that panned out, right? Can someone explain why pCARS2 needs crowd funding when the original sold "so well"??? Million copies = 45m revenue, surely that should make enough profit to make a sequel. Can someone answer me that?

mitchfrompei
23-06-2015, 00:55
Another silly comment, there are 40 people dedicated to fix/develop PCars for another 1-2 years, sales of the game are paying for that.

Mind asking one of them why AMD GPU's can't play the game?

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 00:56
Funny, I never spent 50 on a PC game. A copy of pCARS was also promised when WMD started and we all know how that panned out, right? Can someone explain why pCARS2 needs crowd funding when the original sold "so well"??? Million copies = 45m revenue, surely that should make enough profit to make a sequel. Can someone answer me that?

The game was also planned as a free to play game like raceroom. it change as a result of a community vote.

As for crowfunding, they probably don't, but it would be kinda hypocritical to release a game called Community Assisted Race Simulator without the involvement of the community. The reason for the high buy in to to keep out the trolls that have no interest in actually helping, it requires some commitment to the project, if you just want to play the game wait till release.

Steam

People still buy AMD cards these days? LMAO

Roger Prynne

First of all when money was running short near the end of production the Devs put a lot of their own money into the project so need paying back, then there's Taxes, paying Bandai Namco, Microsoft, Sony, Profits for the WMD members etc etc. the list goes on.

Neil Hopwood

funny, I've been playing the game for 3.5 years on a AMD GPU.

TheReaper GT
23-06-2015, 00:57

And both consoles have AMD gpus

mitchfrompei
23-06-2015, 00:58

Show me a video with your graphic settings, and frames per second in a full race of AI cars.

eclap
23-06-2015, 00:59
First of all when money was running short near the end of production the Devs put a lot of their own money into the project so need paying back, then there's Taxes, paying Bandai Namco, Microsoft, Sony, Profits for the WMD members etc etc. the list goes on.

Ok, so pCARS 2 needs crowd funding because SMS need to pay the profit from sales of pCARS to WMD members? Sounds legit.

eclap
23-06-2015, 01:00

that doesn't take away from the fact that AMD cards can't compete with nvidia in pCARS. A mid range 960 beats AMDs 290x in pCARS. Not funny.

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 01:01
Show me a video with your graphic settings, and frames per second in a full race of AI cars.

I get around 30 FPS on a five year old GPU. I'm okay with that. I generally don't mess with the display settings.

mitchfrompei
23-06-2015, 01:02
And both consoles have AMD gpus

Care to explain why a 350$ console out performs a 500$ graphics card?

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 01:03
Care to explain why a 350$ console out performs a 500$ graphics card?

AMD's aweful driver support.

mitchfrompei
I get around 30 FPS on a five year old GPU. I'm okay with that. I generally don't mess with the display settings.

Show us your settings and frames per second, unless you're running the game on it's lowest settings. There is no way your system handles this game @ 30fps. But it should.....................

Roger Prynne
Ok, so pCARS 2 needs crowd funding because SMS need to pay the profit from sales of pCARS to WMD members? Sounds legit.

OK I might have worded that wrong but you get my point.... and what about all the other things I mentioned?
You had to pick out that one thing didn't you.

eclap
23-06-2015, 01:04

lol, of course... So nothing to do with the game engine and the fact that the game is plastered with nvidia logos EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK? pCARS is the most blatant nvidia advert I've ever seen in my life, no other game has so many adverts in it.

fact.

eclap
23-06-2015, 01:07
I might have worded that wrong but you get my point.... and what about all the other things I mentioned?
You had to pick out that one thing didn't you.

Do they really expect people to opt in with their money after the fiasco of pCARS though? And before people see shares from sales of pCARS?

And please I hope you don't question my "fiasco" statement, I really don't feel like listing a long list of bugs.

mitchfrompei
23-06-2015, 01:07

No, it's their choice to offload physx to the CPU on a AMD GPU system. Our video cards are at like 50% load and our CPUS are 100%.

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 01:08
Double Post

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 01:08
lol, of course... So nothing to do with the game engine and the fact that the game is plastered with nvidia logos EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK?

AMD hasn't release a non beta since December.

Pretty sure there are Panasonic and Thrustmaster logos too. Doesn't stop it working on my HP monitor or my Logitech wheel.

nVidia did some cool cross promotions with SMS.

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 01:15
No, it's their choice to offload physx to the CPU on a AMD GPU system. Our video cards are at like 50% load and our CPUS are 100%.

Physx runs on the CPU for everyone.

eclap
23-06-2015, 01:16
Double Post

Nvidia haven't released a non beta driver either. If you really think WHQL means the driver is not in beta, you're wrong. Nvidia even release hotfixes for their WHQL drivers.

This is from today's Batman Arkham Knight nvidia driver... Yes, the Batman WHQL driver, only it has numerous issues with... The new Batman game.

Windows 8.1 Issues

[3DVision] While a stereoscopic 3D video wi
th stereoscopic 3D enabled is played, the
monitor refresh rate switches to 60 Hz
after changing the resolution using the
Windows control panel. [1314811]

With a 3DTV connected and the resolution
set to an HD3D resolution through the
NVIDIA Control Panel, the display flickers
constantly after installing the driver via
INF over driver version 320.49. [1315116]

[347.09, GM204] Blank screen observed on an ASUS Tiled display when system
resumes from shutdown or hibernation with
Fast boot option
enabled from BIOS.
[1591053]

[SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] With a 4K
display, a TDR occurs after the in-game
resolution is toggled and the ap
plication is exited. [200116725]

[SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Heavy flickering
occurs in game after Alt+Tab if SLI is
enabled. [200116723]

[SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Severe stutte
ring seen, especially
in indoor scenes,
when the game is running at 4K resolu
tion and NVIDIA Gameworks settings are
turned on. [200116722]

[SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Random flic
kering occurs in the game if SLI is
enabled. [200116717]

[GM206, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Stuttering occurs and performance drops
after shadow quality settings are toggled. [200116694]

[GK180, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Wh
en SLI is enabled, a crash points to
ntdll.dll
shortly after the game is exited. [200116717]

mitchfrompei
23-06-2015, 01:19
Physx runs on the CPU for everyone.

Proof?

eclap
23-06-2015, 01:20
Proof?

forget it, he has no proof. All this lingo they pull is in their WMD code of conduct manual.

Umer Ahmad
23-06-2015, 01:27
Do they really expect people to opt in with their money after the fiasco of pCARS though? And before people see shares from sales of pCARS?.
It has already begun, people have already sent money. Maybe it is just not for you? Thats ok.

Alan Dallas
Do they really expect people to opt in with their money after the fiasco of pCARS though? And before people see shares from sales of pCARS?

And please I hope you don't question my "fiasco" statement, I really don't feel like listing a long list of bugs.
What fiasco? I've been playing Retail crash free since launch. Career mode works at it should. I look at the known issue thread and guess what. Not a single one of those has affected me or my game play as well as 1000's of other players. So please, do tell, what fiasco?

Umer Ahmad
forget it, he has no proof. All this lingo they pull is in their WMD code of conduct manual.
What is your agenda here? Are you here to cause trouble?

mitchfrompei
23-06-2015, 01:28

The guy's im debating with don't work for wmd. I'm not trying to be a dick. Im just asking questions that I would love ian bell to answer.

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 01:31
Proof?

Don't have access to a nCida GPU so. Found a thread on Racedepartment.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/physx-always-on-cpu.105254/

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 01:33

Pretty sure he got banned from WMD a couple of years back.

mitchfrompei
23-06-2015, 01:34
Don't have access to a nCida GPU so. Found a thread on Racedepartment.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/physx-always-on-cpu.105254/

I'd like a statement from the dev team for proof. I've seen a lot of tests pointing the finger at the nvidia game works stuff. Thanks for the link though

eclap
23-06-2015, 01:34
What fiasco? I've been playing Retail crash free since launch. Career mode works at it should. I look at the known issue thread and guess what. Not a single one of those has affected me or my game play as well as 1000's of other players. So please, do tell, what fiasco?

You're a WMD member, I'm sure you can read through this http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?223-Reported-known-bugs-and-issues

Here's a couple of videos of this bug free game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDrnWt8LQfQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHHuEJfx5yA

I could list more.... but it would be a waste of time because you're obviously still in denial about the state of the game. Do you really think the above is acceptable?

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 01:35
I'd like a statement from the dev team for proof. I've seen a lot of tests pointing the finger at the nvidia game works stuff. Thanks for the link though

SMS statement on AMD/Gameworks

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/243705/Project_CARS_On_AMD_GPUs__Clarification.php

eclap
23-06-2015, 01:37

No agenda. I'm not here to make things up. I speak the truth. Unlike some, who will try to tell me that the game has no issues. Seriously now.

Helmethead1031
23-06-2015, 01:52
No agenda. I'm not here to make things up. I speak the truth. Unlike some, who will try to tell me that the game has no issues. Seriously now.

Through all your posts you never seem to offer any solutions. Not a single "real" suggestion on how to make it better. With your extensive background in your software and game development (an assumption based on your pompous posts) business, I would think you could offer ways to fix the bugs that you know shouldn't have made it in the final build.

eclap
23-06-2015, 01:55
Through all your posts you never seem to offer any solutions. Not a single "real" suggestion on how to make it better. With your extensive background in your software and game development (an assumption based on your pompous posts) business, I would think you could offer ways to fix the bugs that you know shouldn't have made it in the final build.

Are you actually asking me to fix the damn game? That's what SMS are for. I'm just a customer. It's their job. You're funny, I'll give you that.

I paid for the game, so have many others. It's not up to us to start fixing it. We paid SMS for a product. A product that should work and deliver what it promised. Joker.

Umer Ahmad
23-06-2015, 01:58
Are you actually asking me to fix the damn game? That's what SMS are for. I'm just a customer. It's their job. You're funny, I'll give you that.

I paid for the game, so have many others. It's not up to us to start fixing it. We paid SMS for a product. A product that should work and deliver what it promised. Joker.
Next one and you're out.

eclap
23-06-2015, 02:02
Next one and you're out.
haha. you guys make me laugh.

Helmethead1031
23-06-2015, 02:14

No I'm not asking you to fix the game...you can't fix the game because it's not broken...but you can offer constructive criticism instead of just making one overly exaggerated statement after another. The product works and does meet most reasonable consumers expectations. To my knowledge SMS never promised it would be a game released without bugs. They've committed to maintaining and patching the game as needed moving forward. What more do you want? If you dislike the game and SMS's business model there is a very easy solution: stop supporting them. Don't buy their games and stop posting in their forums. You can feel better and those of us who enjoy the game can use this forum in constructive ways. It's a win-win for everyone.

eclap
23-06-2015, 02:22
No I'm not asking you to fix the game...you can't fix the game because it's not broken...but you can offer constructive criticism instead of just making one overly exaggerated statement after another. The product works and does meet most reasonable consumers expectations. To my knowledge SMS never promised it would be a game released without bugs. They've committed to maintaining and patching the game as needed moving forward. What more do you want? If you dislike the game and SMS's business model there is a very easy solution: stop supporting them. Don't buy their games and stop posting in their forums. You can feel better and those of us who enjoy the game can use this forum in constructive ways. It's a win-win for everyone.

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331714854909/project-cars-delayed-to-perfection

delayed to perfection... sounds pretty bug free to me.

TenthDan
23-06-2015, 02:24
haha. you guys make me laugh.

Yes well you did seem the insane type.

Helmethead1031
23-06-2015, 02:28
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331714854909/project-cars-delayed-to-perfection

delayed to perfection... sounds pretty bug free to me.
Delayed to perfection is RedBull headline....not a quote from SMS.
"However, speaking exclusively to Red Bull, Slightly Mad's creative director Andy Tudor is unconcerned, insisting that he and his team are committed to making their own game as polished as possible, rather than worrying about what their rivals are up to. "Whilst we keep an eye on the competition, we don’t let them lead us," he says.
.......I still don't see the promise you speak of

TenthDan
23-06-2015, 02:32
Delayed to perfection is RedBull headline....not a quote from SMS.
"However, speaking exclusively to Red Bull, Slightly Mad's creative director Andy Tudor is unconcerned, insisting that he and his team are committed to making their own game as polished as possible, rather than worrying about what their rivals are up to. "Whilst we keep an eye on the competition, we don’t let them lead us," he says.
.......I still don't see the promise you speak of

Don't worry about eclap, he's an odd individual that has a particular (though I'm not sure rational...) grudge against the game and SMS. The people like this that become so committed to trashing a product are worrying: it's not rational behaviour and I only hope other aspects of their life aren't treated similarly.

k.merse
23-06-2015, 04:41
My problem is that 2 years is just way too short.
Why would I get involved into PCars any more than I am now? Why would I buy any more DLCs if in 2 years they will become pointless? Why would I try to beat the top times in the leaderboards if in 2 years there will be nobody left to challenge me?

- Assetto Corsa will be 2 years old this year and there are not even rumors about a sequel, so its lifespan will be at least 4 years.
- GT3 had a 4, GT4 had a 5, GT5 had a 3 years lifespan. GT6 is tipped to have 3 years.
- Simraceway was released in 2011, that was 4 years ago.
- iRacing was released in 2008 and it is still expanding.

My problem is not with the sequel. It was obvious that PCars has a lot of potential which cannot be used even with patches (like the loose surface racing tracks) and so a sequel was inevitable. But why so soon? What is the guarantee that if I buy PCars2 it won't be replaced in the next year with PCars3? How many times will this fox skinned with crowdfunding?

NuclearPenguin
23-06-2015, 04:53
Why would I get involved into PCars any more than I am now? Why would I buy any more DLCs if in 2 years they will become pointless? Why would I try to beat the top times in the leaderboards if in 2 years there will be nobody left to challenge me?

- Assetto Corsa will be 2 years old this year and there are not even rumors about a sequel, so its lifespan will be at least 4 years.
- GT3 had a 4, GT4 had a 5, GT5 had a 3 years lifespan. GT6 is tipped to have 3 years.

My problem is not with the sequel. It was obvious that PCars has a lot of potential which cannot be used even with patches (like the loose surface racing tracks) and so a sequel was inevitable. But why so soon? What is the guarantee that if I buy PCars2 it won't be replaced in the next year with PCars3? How many times will this fox skinned with crowdfunding?

I said this a couple pages back but thats why I think if they made this a expansion instead of a sequel it would solve some of those issues. You would still keep your DLC and time trial times and if you want more features, you would buy the expansion pack that comes with the huge track list, new career mode + COOP career mode, Rally Racing mode + cars + tracks, ect. Still have it priced at $50 though.

gemonic
23-06-2015, 04:57

AC ---- Release Date: 19 Dec, 2014

how is that 2 years?

And yes IRacing has been around for a while..... but it also has a regular monetary income to help pay for these things..... do you honestly think that they should keep giving us content for PCars for the next few years for free. Would you go to work every day for a few years for free?

Wizards ZA
23-06-2015, 05:03
I dont get these people that spend all their free time complaining about the game. In 2 years time I would have played this game to death and would buy PC 2 with a smile. Its a great game with all the support that we were told it would have. Once the remaining bugs have been sorted out and we get some more cars and tracks what are you gona complain about then? Play the game and enjoy it for what it is. Its a great game!!!

UMadBro
23-06-2015, 05:57
Don't work on P. Cars 2 until development of 1 is completely finished. It's a bit silly for a game released 2 weeks (?) ago to have a sequel announced right after. By the way, look at Majora's Mask for reference to the development life-span.

Bealdor
23-06-2015, 06:02
Don't work on P. Cars 2 until development of 1 is completely finished. It's a bit silly for a game released 2 weeks (?) ago to have a sequel announced right after. By the way, look at Majora's Mask for reference to the development life-span.

For the last time: This is not how this business works.

The fact is we DELAYED the start of pCARS2, on my say so, until the release of patch 1.4. I wanted pCARS1 in a better state before we got going.

We would normally have started about 4-6 months before pCARS1 hit the shops. That's fairly normal in the industry.

sergiumtz
23-06-2015, 06:14
It's 50 freaking dollars/pounds/euros. If you're bitching about that, there's not much to say. 2 years is more than enough for a game. Why should you continue playing it and try to beat the leaderboards? Maybe because 2 years is a LOT OF TIME and the game just came out last month? It's not like 2 years go in a second. Just think and stop acting like oh my god SMS are forcing me to buy this game. SMS is not forcing you to do jack shit. You'll buy it anyway if the game is good even if you don't like the studio. You know why? Because no one cares about Ian Bell let's say, could be Osama Bin Laden running the show. If the game is good (and there's a lack of solid racing games out there) I'm buying the damn thing.

And for all you saying that OH MY GOD why are you working on PC2 NOWWW????? Wait until PC1 is done properly. Fellas, ROckstar games started working on GTA 4 BEFORE the previous game was released. EA Sports is working on Fifa 17 for all I know. Just stop. This is not car industry that manufacturers actually wait to start working for the new models.

Some of your IQ levels are lower than the outside temperature. Stop being dumb.

TenthDan
23-06-2015, 06:21

BTW, it's probably at least 2 years. We're starting at an earlier development point than pCARS1 (which started member involvement at around Build 70) and pCARS 1 took 3.5 years from there. Obviously there is a better base now (input, FFB, tech, render etc), but Project CARS will be around a long while, not to mention the game doesn't suddenly become unplayable just because the sequel is released.

bent_toe
23-06-2015, 06:21

Well said, agree 100%.
And what people forget is the development time to make a new engine and to iron everything out takes years. SMS already have the engine...So no, P2 wont be released years from now. It's out next year.

I bet the engine already have physics for gravel and different material. They would be stupid to not incorporate it when building the engine.
They could easily release hill climb dlc. But they wont.

PC sold well and will continue to sell (it has only been out a month ffs) and sms made profit from this game, yet they want crowd funding for P2?
I call that money hungry.

PC still have bugs and issues and im sure they will support it with patches.... But dont expect any dlc other than a few cars and maybe 1-2 new tracks.

It's sad that we wont see hill climb in PC.

Bealdor
23-06-2015, 06:30
PC sold well and will continue to sell (it has only been out a month ffs) and sms made profit from this game, yet they want crowd funding for P2?

It's not about needing the money:

Last time, and I know you've just rejoined to type this and your post above.

We don't need the money!! We are allowing those who are interested to join a full development process from scratch, to alter the direction and design of a AAA game. The fees are simply to ensure we don't have to keep answering questions like this, or your almost identical one above, after your rejoin.

PC still have bugs and issues and im sure they will support it with patches.... But dont expect any dlc other than a few cars and maybe 1-2 new tracks.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/on-demand.html

The focus for PCARS 1 always was track racing.

Yuyuko
23-06-2015, 06:36
AC ---- Release Date: 19 Dec, 2014
how is that 2 years?

It is, but only if you count the release of the demo in February 2013 as part of Assetto Corsa's lifespan. It's more like one and a half counting the Early Access program on Steam it was going through.

And yes IRacing has been around for a while..... but it also has a regular monetary income to help pay for these things..... do you honestly think that they should keep giving us content for PCars for the next few years for free. Would you go to work every day for a few years for free?

Not all of it, but in a game like Project CARS I do have some reservations about tracks being paid DLC. In the PC Battlefield games after (I think?) Bad Company 2, for instance, if you didn't own the DLC that the server uses, you'd get kicked out upon switching to the DLC maps. I didn't play the games much but I remember my friends not being too happy about having the community fragmented. Codemasters with GRID Autosport also did this with the Touring Legends and Sprint Pack DLC, where the lobby host could only play with other DLC owners.

That, and iRacing has gone through so many New Tire Model versions and car/track model reworks/replacements (especially Oval side) that the iRacing people raced on a few years ago may not be the versions people race on now. *shrugs* With iRacing paying for individual car or tracks is not so bad because it's centered around a structured online league system and everyone basically pays that as the series entry fee.

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 06:37
Well said, agree 100%.
And what people forget is the development time to make a new engine and to iron everything out takes years. SMS already have the engine...So no, P2 wont be released years from now. It's out next year.

I bet the engine already have physics for gravel and different material. They would be stupid to not incorporate it when building the engine.
They could easily release hill climb dlc. But they wont.

You know SMS has had this engine for years. It's the same engine used in both shift 1 & 2.

Project cars took 3.5 years and they already had an engine. So yes pcars 2 will probably take 2 - 3 years.

The crowd funding is not just about money, it's about getting the community evolved as early as possible. The game "community assisted racing simulator" after all.

Yes there are some settings in the game for loose surface, there would have to be, but they are pretty basic and rally not suited for the actual racing surface. They want to do a very detailed surface model like they did for tarmac in pCars 1. These things take a lot of work and testing.

stella-stig
23-06-2015, 06:49

So that's why you released it full of bugs and used us as beta testers

resmania
23-06-2015, 07:46
I agree on the point that the membership is very expensive compare to original Project CARS membership.
Still I want to support SMS, and I'm sure that they won't abandon us.
(PLEASE FIX THE BUGS)

DragonSyr
23-06-2015, 08:16
I think we need to clear up the confusion that emerged between the two games.
as i understand , the pcars2 is a new game and not the continuation of pcars1.
pcars have asphalt race tracks/cars and pcars2 will have dirt tracks and wrc like cars. those two driving styles is not the same game.
is like f1 titles and wrc titles ....different thing
Correct me if I'm wrong

sergiumtz
23-06-2015, 08:19
I hope you're wrong. If not, I hope they will keep supporting PC1. I don't want to have to play only on mud and gravel because it's a new game but this one will remain as it is for 2-3-4 years. PC2 should have gravel, rally, bla bla, but asphalt as well. I certainly hope so

Alan Dallas
23-06-2015, 08:23
I hope you're wrong. If not, I hope they will keep supporting PC1. I don't want to have to play only on mud and gravel because it's a new game but this one will remain as it is for 2-3-4 years. PC2 should have gravel, rally, bla bla, but asphalt as well. I certainly hope so

It will. That's one of the reason PCARS 2 is being done. They need to upgrade the engine to support loose surface technology to work with their Seta Tire model. PCARS 1 was built with emphases on Tarmac racing. In the end pcars2 will have way more tech in the engine so it can support more or maybe all forms of motor racing.

DragonSyr
23-06-2015, 08:23
offcourse AND asphalt.... but is not the same GT and WRC.

Siberian Tiger
23-06-2015, 08:24
I hope you're wrong. If not, I hope they will keep supporting PC1.

pCars will have a continous Support for at least 2 Years since Release...
Fixes / New Content / New Features...

DragonSyr
23-06-2015, 08:27
In the end pcars2 will have way more tech in the engine so it can support more or maybe all forms of motor racing.

i expect this in Pcars3 :)

Paulo Ribeiro
23-06-2015, 08:35
Can't wait for pCARS29

OppaErich
23-06-2015, 08:45
Can't wait for pCARS29

If they stick to the development cycle, I'm 106 by then.

TrevorAustin
23-06-2015, 08:58

Why would you buy fifa 15 when fifa 16 will launch, why buy forza 6 when forza 7 will launch.

Do you really need that answering?

AB_Attack
23-06-2015, 09:08
I don't know why someones are frustrated. For two or three years... Codemaster, EA, Konami, etc launch a "new" version of the same game, and everyone buys, FIFA 12, 13 and 14 are THE SAME game... Need For Speed: various "remakes"... F1 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

So, what's wrong here?? I work with software development... it's a very hard job, and, when you have finished your app, you see that can do much better, but, needs to start from scratch, no way for patches. It needs to be another application.

pCars 1 will continue to give us so much fun for a long time, and the devs will work to fix some issues and to publish cars and tracks.
You don't understand huh? Not everyone buys the annual games. I know that for sure since I'm part of "everyone". Project Cars is not even a finsished game and now there is an annoncement for the next. We have cars dropping down from the sky on top of each other and now a sequel is announced. And you don't understand why people are disappointed and frustrated and feel cheated. And you have the stomach to point out something widely criticised (annual games with little change and all that comes with it) and say "hey what's wrong with that?". Did you miss out of EA getting the price for the most asshole Company for two years in a row (whatever the price was called again)? Did you miss out of the reason? For selling broken games, not fixing it and then selling another. Did you miss out on how angry people were? They were so angry at the notion of selling broken games for profit that some spent significant time to create videos like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ
That's how angry they were. And you don't understand now that SMS are walking down a similar path.

And you can give all the reasons in the world like "oh but you should've considered your money was for the support of...", "oh but there were no promises for...", "who is paying our wages" and then when your are done with your reasons, you can have a look at the reaction outside of this forum of core group of supporters.

And if they are not happy with your reasons, you can either

1) Call them haters
2) Realise people feel cheated for a reason

To all:
I hope you all realise that the critics writing on THIS forum don't have a worse understanding of challenges faced and they still have critisism. By not acknowledging shortcomings properly you will create more anger and frustration and feelings of not taking issues seriously or simply not caring/understanding. And guess what, those kind of reactions will provoke anger. Basic understanding of how people work. Not being clear about what is going down, creating expectations and then letting them down by acting and/or communicating in a substandard way will provoke anger and disappointment. Also basic understanding of how people work. And something has gone wrong, wouldn't you say? I read the thread on Racedeparment and was quite appalled.

I ask you this: How come the brackets for this thread is not formulated "NO, WE STILL SUPPORT AND DEVELOP FOR PROJECT CARS"? Can you understand the difference?

And this is how the studio top dog communicates. Room for improvement?

I'd skip the investment into pCARS2 if I were you.

dodge33cymru
23-06-2015, 09:09
Why would you buy fifa 15 when fifa 16 will launch, why buy forza 6 when forza 7 will launch.

Do you really need that answering?

I dont buy them, that's one of the reasons.

danowat
23-06-2015, 09:10
Man, people are so angry, it's a game FFS..........

xautos
23-06-2015, 09:11
People still buy AMD cards these days? LMAO

tell nivida to drop 600 pounds off their top end cards first, their latest card is 900 pounds and there is no way on this planet i will even consider it, for that price i could buy 3 top of the range amd gpus.

CustomInternals
23-06-2015, 09:14
There's 2 sides to this, just like everything else in this world. It would be a lot easier if both sides could understand the other.

I understand on why they need to start on PC2 now. I do. That's how it works. If the community wants it in the next 2-3 years then that's what needs to happen. They need to start on it ASAP.

The problem that I have is that it's hard to fathom the possibility of it working out as intended. I mean you already have a small studio compared to Turn 10 or Polyphony Digital and your wanting to start on the sequel before the current one has been fully ironed out? Needs to happen but how it's going to work out is beyond me. They (T10 PD) have enough people to spread out like that. I know for a fact T10 starts on the next Forza before the "current" one is shipped out, but they have the available resources. On top of that SMS is asking for MORE money to do another community assisted style development. That's like icing on the cake to most people. They don't understand.

I know I'm kind of all over the place and am not really picking sides because I can't. I can see and understand both sides of this. I think that starting on PC2 ASAP needs to happen but I think that maybe they should have waited until all the game breaking bugs have been fixed. I mean they aren't really game breaking but if a certain bug requires a workaround, I consider it game breaking. Only for the simple fact that most people that play this game probably don't come to the forums looking for workarounds to these bugs. It needs to work as intended IMO before giving the green light on a sequel.

I don't know how this is all going to work out but I hope they can pull off fixing the current game, making the content that we have been promised, and starting on the next installment. Good Luck!

Just my .02

RDogg
23-06-2015, 09:14
for that price i could buy 3 top of the range amd gpus.

*Facepalm*

Martin03
23-06-2015, 09:19
Man, people are so angry, it's a game FFS..........

Yeah a game people still can't play properly because of game breaking bugs, game dont run good for somepeople(not sure it that is still for AMD...) its full of ''coming soon'' on the menu etc etc. People can be mad, with right to, but I just do it simple and say: lol, im not getting anymore pCars games...

Neil Bateman
23-06-2015, 09:21
What is it with people that insist with racing games that a game will be shelved and never be played again when something else is released.

I bought rfactor and played relentlessly on it, rfactor2 came out and i played that relentlessly, but i still play rfactor as much as rfactor2 and they are the same game with the same cars and tracks.

I still play GTR2 and GTR Evolution now and then because there are some things in those games i thought were really good.

Whatever game it is, if its a fantastic game you will always play it, yes over time less but certainly not a couple of years.

Dont forget some of us have been playing this for 4 years and have only had half a dozen cars and no tracks added in that time and i am still loving it.

PCars2 will be a totaly different game to PCars1, so you have a choice to play one or the other.

danowat
23-06-2015, 09:25
Yeah a game people still can't play properly because of game breaking bugs, game dont run good for somepeople(not sure it that is still for AMD...) its full of ''coming soon'' on the menu etc etc. People can be mad, with right to, but I just do it simple and say: lol, im not getting anymore pCars games...

Or just don't buy it and / or sell your copy of PCars 1.

Martin03
23-06-2015, 09:29
Or just don't buy it and / or sell your copy of PCars 1.

Its not so easy to sell steam version. And yeah, I personly dont care what they do, they can make project cars 3 att the same time too for me, I wont get any of them...You jusk asked why people are mad, and I answered, I understand the people who are

danowat
23-06-2015, 09:31
Its not so easy to sell steam version. And yeah, I personly dont care what they do, they can make project cars 3 att the same time too for me, I wont get any of them...You jusk asked why people are mad, and I answered, I understand the people who are

It's a 40 game, in the grand scheme of things, it ain't worth getting your blood pressure up about it!.

SMS have said PCars 1 will be patched and supported for 2 years, all I can do is take that at face value, and accept that the development of PCars 2 won't take anything away from the projected improvements of PCars 1.

xautos
23-06-2015, 09:32
What is it with people that insist with racing games that a game will be shelved and never be played again when something else is released.

I bought rfactor and played relentlessly on it, rfactor2 came out and i played that relentlessly, but i still play rfactor as much as rfactor2 and they are the same game with the same cars and tracks.

I still play GTR2 and GTR Evolution now and then because there are some things in those games i thought were really good.

Whatever game it is, if its a fantastic game you will always play it, yes over time less but certainly not a couple of years.

Dont forget some of us have been playing this for 4 years and have only had half a dozen cars and no tracks added in that time and i am still loving it.

PCars2 will be a totaly different game to PCars1, so you have a choice to play one or the other.

sometimes it doesnt work like that, sometimes people buy games and then stick them on the shelves for years before revisiting them, over thattime collecting other games and sticking them on the shelves. sure at times you will get the odd game that provides interest but eventually you will burn out and then you will put it on the shelf and then later on months down the road you look at the case and either want to play it again or you yawn looking at it and realize how boring it is.

its like women and shoes or dresses, or kids with toys or a reader of books.. always collecting after one or two uses and then ultimately ignored.

if the pcars team do make sequal after sequal especially so close to each other in time, people wil start getting bored of the product in the same sense because they would see little reason to put anything into it to realize its only temporary at best and it looks like a blatant cash grab each and every time. by putting some time between releases you at least get the chance to properly study the whole thing and players could see a purpose in devoting their time and efforts into it even more. there has to be a reason to keep picking the game up all the time instead of sticking it on a shelf and ultimately ignored.

bent_toe
23-06-2015, 09:36
The crowd funding is not just about money, it's about getting the community evolved as early as possible. The game "community assisted racing simulator" after all.

Yeah you keep telling yourself that money is needed to involve the community.
Jeez... What a tool.

cmch15
23-06-2015, 09:40
I will not read the next replys to my posts, because all will feel attacked and try to defend....

I'm out bye

I bet you did read them..... :)

Bealdor
23-06-2015, 09:41
That's how angry they were. And you don't understand now that SMS are walking down a similar path.

For the last time, SMS is not going this route. But they have to keep the staff working.
There are ~130 people working for SMS and you simply can't keep them busy with bugfixes/content creation.
Would you rather have those guys being fired because of not having enough work for them to do?

Again, developing PCARS 2 does not in any form reduce the ongoing support of PCARS 1.

I ask you this: How come the brackets for this thread is not formulated "NO, WE STILL SUPPORT AND DEVELOP FOR PROJECT CARS"? Can you understand the difference?

Because it was stated ~100 times already and everybody should have understood that by now. But unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case.

Bealdor
23-06-2015, 09:43
Jeez... What a tool.

I already posted this: The money is not needed.

Last time, and I know you've just rejoined to type this and your post above.

We don't need the money!! We are allowing those who are interested to join a full development process from scratch, to alter the direction and design of a AAA game. The fees are simply to ensure we don't have to keep answering questions like this, or your almost identical one above, after your rejoin.

MikeyTT
23-06-2015, 09:45
Jeez... What a tool.

Zero need for that kind of attitude.

You are right you don't need investment to involve the community. But investment helps to keep the level of "noise" down when you're developing. If it was open to everyone on the web to just drop by and start creating posts, or providing feedback on a game they can't play yet, then there would be little value gained from the forums, without lots of dedicated forum admins filtering posts.

By creating a buy-in point you get the peeps that are a little more serious and won't be there to just cause a disturbance as they have an investment in the game being great. Those members will be getting access to play and feedback on the gaming experience.

It worked pretty well with pCars, just a shame the FSA screwed up any kind of proper investment opportunity really for pCars2.

Gehzilla
23-06-2015, 09:51
Sorry, but i have one question: Who say, that Pcars 1 have a 2 year support??
The same person say that Pcars 1 is "the ultimate" Simulation?
The same person, announced short before the release date, that 99% of Pcars 1 is finished and work perfect? Hmmm....
Or like so often here in the forum, thats only thoughts or whises from WMD-Members and not the Devs?
Anywhere a official statement from any devs?

Roger Prynne
23-06-2015, 10:09
Sorry, but i have one question: Who say, that Pcars 1 have a 2 year support??
The same person say that Pcars 1 is "the ultimate" Simulation?
The same person, announced short before the release date, that 99% of Pcars 1 is finished and work perfect? Hmmm....
Or like so often here in the forum, thats only thoughts or whises from WMD-Members and not the Devs?
Anywhere a official statement from any devs?

You answered your own question.

AB_Attack
23-06-2015, 10:18
If that's true that sounds like self sacrificing fighting spirit that is considered honorable and laudable.

Of course, I can't know the details: how hard anyone worked, how much money came in or where it went. So it's difficult for me or any outsider to judge. But we do know this:

The game is broken in many ways and lack features that one would expect to be in there. When people pay full price for a product they expect it to be a ready made product. That should be clear to everyone, and not really require discussion. The game was released like a month ago and now the sequel is announced. So obviously less effort will go into fixing the broken product sold. And then we get to hear "because that's good business sense".

Nobody will be angry next time if annonced ahead of time that full price is for best effort, no guarantees. I swear I will not complain if I then buy a broken game since I was so happy to just support the effort.

Bealdor
23-06-2015, 10:22
The game was released like a month ago and now the sequel is announced. So obviously less effort will go into fixing the broken product sold.

And exactly this is not true. Why is it so hard to understand this?

Roger Prynne
23-06-2015, 10:25
So obviously less effort will go into fixing the broken product sold.
And why do you think that when there are 40 Devs permanently working on theses things.

Gehzilla
23-06-2015, 10:31
You answered your own question.

Where? The ? means that this is a question, in germany by the way, dont know whats ? exactly means in english.
When you know something, as WMD-Member, please provide me the official statement link for the 2 years support.

And sorry, but your color, tell me, that you are a WMD-Member and has nothing to do with the company itself, or im wrong?

NemethR
23-06-2015, 10:36

Bealdor, allow me to disagree, because the Math is somehow wrong...
If we have 100 devs, and from 100 now on only 40 work on PCars, that will be less effective, then if all 100 would work on it.
Basicly its 40% of what could be. :)

AB_Attack
23-06-2015, 10:37

And why do you think that when there are 40 Devs permanently working on theses things.
Because divided attention will give less attention than full attention. Look, I do hope stuff will be fixed and expanded on. Maybe that will happen and in hindsight it allowed for truly great games worth the struggles. I guess time will tell. My guess is that people will get into PC2 based on how PC ends up.

Bealdor
23-06-2015, 10:41
Bealdor, allow me to disagree, those are Matemathics.
If we have 100 devs, and from now on only 40 work on PCars, that will be less effective, then if all 100 would work on it.

Your maths is flawed because not every dev can actually code the bugfixes.

NemethR
23-06-2015, 10:44
Your maths is flawed because not every dev can actually code the bugfixes.

That is very true, but they surely can do other things (car design, track design, etc.)
Basicly the same, they did till now :)

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 10:48
If we have 100 devs, and from 100 now on only 40 work on PCars, that will be less effective, then if all 100 would work on it.

That only works if DLC sales stay high, they usually don't DLC sales start to drop off the long a game has been out, its the nature of the business. People move on to other games.

I find it amusing the number of "just release more DLC" posts given the shitstorm over DLC being released a couple of weeks ago.

Reality is sequels sell better than expansions/dlc.

There's an old say "nine women can't make a baby in one month." Throwing people at a problem doesn't always fix it faster. Once most of the bugs are sorted (which is hopefully quite soon) then most of the long term support falls to the content team. The programmers may have some stuff here and there, but probably not full time.

Hence moving on to the next project.

ssijak
23-06-2015, 11:03

What do you mean by that?

Patch2K
23-06-2015, 11:13
WMD and Ian Bell, a little suggestion if I may.

When you are starting the community assistance for Pcars2, please just announce it on the existing WMD boards and not to the general public, it would save so much time and hassle as the existing group of people already understand the concept, can grasp the concept and are not, by reading the majority of the public forum, "special".

To answer some of the points made....or err... screamed like a 12 year old

"My $500 AMD card does not work properly" Firstly, you bought an AMD card, terrible driver support, cheaper and not as good as a Nvidia of equal price, your choice, buy better next time. It has been stated that plenty of people run AMD cards without a problem, I suspect you don't know how to adjust your settings in game, per game and globally and expect your average card to run everything perfectly out of the box, it doesn't. My 2 year old Nvidia card runs Pcars and most things very well very well.

"Oh my god, its so soon, every game should have a 4 year life cycle...." What a load of tosh. And for the love of god, never use GT as an example of anything other than doing a lot of things badly. The reason it has such a long life cycle is purely that they took so long to make it and didn't do a very good job. I bought rfactor2 3 years and 2 months ago, the reason they don't have a 3 is that they are not finished 2 yet and expected the "community" of Modders to finish it for them and release a torrent of content, which they haven't yet as a lot have moved on to AC. Its great, but it is not a commercial product, anyone who bought it in the mainstream would be having kittens at the lack of... well anything. I also own a great little bike sim called GPBikes, I bought that licence in 2008! Currently on BETA6, yes, a 7 year old game still in Beta. The reason, they all have small dev teams (1 man in the case of GPB) who can slowly work on these games at leisure.

The team behind Pcars is, I am guessing, quite large. Do you think the people behind the Batman game released yesterday now get 2 years off whilst the 20 or so of them assigned to bug fixing carry on working? Of course not, they will be this morning working on another product, otherwise you are paying people to sit in their pants doing nothing. Every major game release are already working on the next one, game development takes at the very least 2 years, if it doesn't, then it is not a new game, just, like Fifa 16 will be this year, updated teams. The only difference here is that WMD are announcing it at the very beginning to get the community to assist in its development, with the added bonus of you being able to play it now and give feedback now.

Honest question, do you think Bethesda announced Fallout 4 a couple of weeks ago and at that very moment just started to work on it? honestly, some of you need to either grow up or think about things before you announce to the world via way of a public forum that you are so incredibly stupid.

RDogg
23-06-2015, 11:23
For all the people in this thread that don't like this announcement, dispute it, disagree with it, etc, etc.

It's going ahead whether you like it or not.

That is the straight and narrow of it. Post and complain all you want, this next instalment is going ahead. The members here seemed to have offered more than reasonable explanations of the way things work only to be flamed down by mind melting rage posts.

I can think of a similar studio of similar size that has recently followed a similar path like SMS. SCS anyone? Euro Truck? They released a solid game, people really liked it, then they realised people ran out of things to do. The fix? More DLC and a whole new game.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that is able to make sense out of such a development path.

Also comparing SMS to triple AAA title games/studios is a fairly dumb comparison. Most of those games have both online and story driven modes that need to continue telling that story. Career mode in Project Cars is nothing like that. It's simply that. A career. There is no "What happens next?" or similar. And so the only way up is to develop even further, and hence the announcement of Project Cars 2 with more features and additions than the last, that may just not be possible with the first instalment.

If people used logic around here, god it would be like forum heaven..

AB_Attack
23-06-2015, 11:24
WMD and Ian Bell, a little suggestion if I may.

When you are starting the community assistance for Pcars2, please just announce it on the existing WMD boards and not to the general public, it would save so much time and hassle as the existing group of people already understand the concept, can grasp the concept and are not, by reading the majority of the public forum, "special".

To answer some of the points made....or err... screamed like a 12 year old

"My $500 AMD card does not work properly" Firstly, you bought an AMD card, terrible driver support, cheaper and not as good as a Nvidia of equal price, your choice, buy better next time. It has been stated that plenty of people run AMD cards without a problem, I suspect you don't know how to adjust your settings in game, per game and globally and expect your average card to run everything perfectly out of the box, it doesn't. My 2 year old Nvidia card runs Pcars and most things very well very well.

"Oh my god, its so soon, every game should have a 4 year life cycle...." What a load of tosh. And for the love of god, never use GT as an example of anything other than doing a lot of things badly. The reason it has such a long life cycle is purely that they took so long to make it and didn't do a very good job. I bought rfactor2 3 years and 2 months ago, the reason they don't have a 3 is that they are not finished 2 yet and expected the "community" of Modders to finish it for them and release a torrent of content, which they haven't yet as a lot have moved on to AC. Its great, but it is not a commercial product, anyone who bought it in the mainstream would be having kittens at the lack of... well anything. I also own a great little bike sim called GPBikes, I bought that licence in 2008! Currently on BETA6, yes, a 7 year old game still in Beta. The reason, they all have small dev teams (1 man in the case of GPB) who can slowly work on these games at leisure.

The team behind Pcars is, I am guessing, quite large. Do you think the people behind the Batman game released yesterday now get 2 years off whilst the 20 or so of them assigned to bug fixing carry on working? Of course not, they will be this morning working on another product, otherwise you are paying people to sit in their pants doing nothing. Every major game release are already working on the next one, game development takes at the very least 2 years, if it doesn't, then it is not a new game, just, like Fifa 16 will be this year, updated teams. The only difference here is that WMD are announcing it at the very beginning to get the community to assist in its development, with the added bonus of you being able to play it now and give feedback now.

Honest question, do you think Bethesda announced Fallout 4 a couple of weeks ago and at that very moment just started to work on it? honestly, some of you need to either grow up or think about things before you announce to the world via way of a public forum that you are so incredibly stupid.

The arrogance is strong in this one.

For all the people in this thread that don't like this announcement, dispute it, disagree with it, etc, etc.

Nice one. We don't have an opening for a communications executive at my work. Would you like to apply for that non-existing opportunity? I encourage you.

wraithsrike
23-06-2015, 11:28
Glad to hear your working on the sequel guys.

Angst1974
23-06-2015, 11:29
meh , I buy a new Madden every year .... ;)

sergiumtz
23-06-2015, 11:45
The arrogance is strong in this one.

Arrogance? More like common sense. It's difficult for 15-20 year olds trolls to understand what's going on. They think that an announcement will cripple a franchise, as if they would've just bet on horses at work for another year AND THEN start working on the new product. Feel sorry for some of them, going to have to ask mummy for another 50 quid.

In 2017.

xautos
23-06-2015, 11:48

that remains to be seen if the crowdfunding target is reached first before claiming victory. and what directions they are going to take it and if it would work.

AB_Attack
23-06-2015, 11:51
Arrogance? More like common sense. It's difficult for 15-20 year olds trolls to understand what's going on. They think that an announcement will cripple a franchise, as if they would've just bet on horses at work for another year AND THEN start working on the new product. Feel sorry for some of them, going to have to ask mummy for another 50 quid.

In 2017.

You can be right and arrogant (and downright insulting) at the same time you know. Not saying if you are right or wrong.

There's an old say "nine women can't make a baby in one month." Throwing people at a problem doesn't always fix it faster. Once most of the bugs are sorted (which is hopefully quite soon) then most of the long term support falls to the content team. The programmers may have some stuff here and there, but probably not full time.

Hence moving on to the next project.

That's good insight. However, I do believe there are a whole bunch of features that needs to be fixed/added that don't qualify as bugs. And so I hope whoever does that actually finds time to do that. Like I wrote Before: time will tell.

Bealdor
23-06-2015, 11:51
that remains to be seen if the crowdfunding target is reached first before claiming victory. and what directions they are going to take it and if it would work.

And for the 101st time: The money is not needed. There is no REAL crowdfunding target:

Umer Ahmad
23-06-2015, 11:52
I don't think they need crowd-funding so much anymore. This not is not 2011, they have (or will soon have) a lot of money from pcars1 sales.

Ian Bell
23-06-2015, 11:59
I've stated it many times. We don't need ANY money for pCARS2 from the public. We're allowing a select group of members to join to help us develop the game as we did for pCARS1. We're making them pay as we can't have our 'development office' forum become a mess like this place so we want to ensure people are invested personally and that if they do become unreasonably disruptive, we can remove them permanently.

xautos
23-06-2015, 12:18
I've stated it many times. We don't need ANY money for pCARS2 from the public. We're allowing a select group of members to join to help us develop the game as we did for pCARS1. We're making them pay as we can't have our 'development office' forum become a mess like this place so we want to ensure people are invested personally and that if they do become unreasonably disruptive, we can remove them permanently.

i dont mind that you guys want people from the community to help you, but i also dont see the reason why you would need their money either since you would have the funds needed to begin with. i mean people voluntarily giving their own time to put feedback into it should be reason enough, i used to be a game sage for aeria games once, only lasted a month but i did it for free and i had the chance to state my opinion what would be good for project torque before it was canned years ago and some of it even made its wa on the game.

there shouldnt be that aspect of entitlement, because that leads to blindness in logic where only one side gets listened to because they paid you for you to look the other day in a manner of writing, and other sides to the racing coin gets completely ignored. i have always petitioned on other racing games for new players rights, which is why i have at times mentioned how draconian the current penalty system is on pcars, how disruptive it is, etc.. that there should be a more relaxed system for newbie players so they can learn the system better and then shoved into the pro category later on after learning what they should and should not do. i never had that coming through sim racing and had some bitter experience from pro players over that times due to their ignorance for not realizing they themselves had to start somewhere.

if you were taking community feedback a more balanced look would be good to have and money wouldnt be needed. just working with an active large game like this would be enough.

but thats my opinion on the subject, if there is some good to be found it, i hope so.

Patch2K
23-06-2015, 12:19
You can be right and arrogant (and downright insulting) at the same time you know. Not saying if you are right or wrong.

That's good insight. However, I do believe there are a whole bunch of features that needs to be fixed/added that don't qualify as bugs. And so I hope whoever does that actually finds time to do that. Like I wrote Before: time will tell.

As stated, it is common sense, when people act and behave like children, you have to talk to them as if they are so that they can understand and grasp the situation. Arrogance is spending 40 quid on a game and believing that entitles you to make demands of people and scream and whinge when a business makes a business decision that you don't agree with. Or not even bothering to understand the thinking behind a decision, or bothering to try new settings, or bothering to ask a question, or bothering to research before making bold and brash assertions and assumptions.

That is not all directed at you, just the general observation of these forums.

Patch2K
23-06-2015, 12:25
i dont mind that you guys want people from the community to help you, but i also dont see the reason why you would need their money either since you would have the funds needed to begin with. i mean people voluntarily giving their own time to put feedback into it should be reason enough, i used to be a game sage for aeria games once, only lasted a month but i did it for free and i had the chance to state my opinion what would be good for project torque before it was canned years ago and some of it even made its wa on the game.

there shouldnt be that aspect of entitlement, because that leads to blindness in logic where only one side gets listened to because they paid you for you to look the other day in a manner of writing, and other sides to the racing coin gets completely ignored. i have always petitioned on other racing games for new players rights, which is why i have at times mentioned how draconian the current penalty system is on pcars, how disruptive it is, etc.. that there should be a more relaxed system for newbie players so they can learn the system better and then shoved into the pro category later on after learning what they should and should not do. i never had that coming through sim racing and had some bitter experience from pro players over that times due to their ignorance for not realizing they themselves had to start somewhere.

if you were taking community feedback a more balanced look would be good to have and money wouldnt be needed. just working with an active large game like this would be enough.

but thats my opinion on the subject, if there is some good to be found it, i hope so.

I would say that the reasoning behind it is that they want people to invest time in developing the title, if you invest money they you are more likely to invest time. It also separates the wheat from the chaff so to speak and gets people who are really interested in developing it rather than people who would just have a passing fancy, not like it and just add it to their never ending list of games on Steam.

R74NN
23-06-2015, 12:29

I do agree that it is needed to choose only those that are really interested to keep forums clean, but if it would be the only reason, why there are all these tool-packs up to 10K? One tier would be ok, just to keep trolls out. So I guess it's not just about "keep it clean".

Racefreak
23-06-2015, 12:34

Help a game sounds really awesome so I decided next month going to buy my first computer and buy silver or gold tier :)

AB_Attack
23-06-2015, 12:39
I do agree that it is needed to choose only those that are really interested to keep forums clean, but if it would be the only reason, why there are all these tool-packs up to 10K? One tier would be ok, just to keep trolls out. So I guess it's not just about "keep it clean".

Well, it could be argued that one wants the really, really devoted feedbackers.

xautos
23-06-2015, 12:41
I would say that the reasoning behind it is that they want people to invest time in developing the title, if you invest money they you are more likely to invest time. It also separates the wheat from the chaff so to speak and gets people who are really interested in developing it rather than people who would just have a passing fancy, not like it and just add it to their never ending list of games on Steam.

i am invested into pcars but i have not put anything other than the costs through amazon on the game. i have ideas that i would like to see come into the game but some people i have seen on this forum are a little to defensive on their posting, sometimes a little excessive and so how can i get my ideas on pcars? because i would like to see this game go places and be really good its just some of it could use another pair of eyes from a different prespective. i dont wish to be a problem its just i would like to combat against some of what i see as brutal.

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 12:44
i am invested into pcars but i have not put anything other than the costs through amazon on the game. i have ideas that i would like to see come into the game but some people i have seen on this forum are a little to defensive on their posting, sometimes a little excessive and so how can i get my ideas on pcars? because i would like to see this game go places and be really good its just some of it could use another pair of eyes from a different prespective. i dont wish to be a problem its just i would like to combat against some of what i see as brutal.

If you have ideas, post them. Only request is keep it civil. Too many people seem to think the only way to give feedback is to scream and yell about it.

pk4ever
23-06-2015, 12:56
If money isn't needed but serious involvement is, then the answer should be fairly simple: allow all the people who are currently WMD Members, and had a constructive/active say in making PCARS such a good game, to remain in place for pCARS2. Would have saved all this hassle/backlash as well.

danowat
23-06-2015, 13:04
Question.

Is there any point in becoming a WMD member if you don't have access to a PC powerful enough to play the daily builds?

321Respawn
23-06-2015, 13:05
Damn some people act like the price of a game means no food for the month once they are forced to shell out for the next game .
If you don't like the business model and feel so butt hurt about paying for PCars2 in 2 or 3 years then don't buy it or start saving your quarters now .

flymar
23-06-2015, 13:07
Question.
Is there any point in becoming a WMD member if you don't have access to a PC powerful enough to play the daily builds?
Perks? You want AI named after you. That's pretty much only way to get it.

danowat
23-06-2015, 13:09
Perks? You want AI named after you. That's pretty much only way to get it.

Not really bothered about that, more about following the development and (trying) to help steer the final project in a better direction, although I understand WMD members have limited sway in those regards.

Neil Bateman
23-06-2015, 13:13
Not really bothered about that, more about following the development and (trying) to help steer the final project in a better direction, although I understand WMD members have limited sway in those regards.

What!!

WMD members are for that specific reason, a lot of pcars content and feature list are as a direct result of our input.

danowat
23-06-2015, 13:17
What!!

WMD members are for that specific reason, a lot of pcars content and feature list are as a direct result of our input.

Yeah, of course, but there are limits.

I just wonder how far someone can assist in the development process if they haven't actually got access to the product.

Ian Bell
23-06-2015, 13:27
If money isn't needed but serious involvement is, then the answer should be fairly simple: allow all the people who are currently WMD Members, and had a constructive/active say in making PCARS such a good game, to remain in place for pCARS2. Would have saved all this hassle/backlash as well.

There was still the odd lanyard among them though. How do we decide? IQ test? Psychometrics?

Patch2K
23-06-2015, 13:27

As has been said, post them with reasoning and common sense and I am sure they will be looked at, also, the 3 or so years prior to the release of Pcars was where you should have been with your ideas, like the point we are at currently with Pcars 2. I would imagine it is quite difficult to implement ideas now for a game that has been released, like building a house and deciding you want it moved 4 ft the other way, some things are bet suggested at the start.

I would like the full WEC implemented for instance, but licencing is the main issue there I suspect, it is the only platform that can realistically fully support the biggest movement in motor racing for some time, so not all ideas are feasible but they wont happen if they are not suggested.

danowat
23-06-2015, 13:28
There was still the odd lanyard among them though. How do we decide? IQ test? Psychometrics?

A brief look through someones posting history would tell you all you need to know

RDogg
23-06-2015, 13:28
I would like to point out.. I have no idea where this thread is going anymore.

Ok so there are people unhappy. I'll put this perspective. Seriously, what are you going to do?

Not buy it. Right? I bet some of you will still.

GamingCanuck
23-06-2015, 13:46
I don't understand why some people get so upset over these little things, if you don't want to support pCars2 then simply don't buy it. It's literally that easy. I've had a lot of fun with pCars1, there's a few bugs that need to be ironed out but as far as the racing goes it's really fun. Anyone who thinks that SMS is just going to abandon pCars1 right now is just kidding themselves and you're just complaining to complain.

wraithsrike
23-06-2015, 13:51
They should rename this forum and call it, The Entitled.

danowat
23-06-2015, 13:52
I don't understand why some people get so upset over these little things

Because people think that 40 buys them an entire development team to steer a product in the direction they want.

The gaming community is a bizarre one, it's almost a crime to want to make any money out of it, and everyone should be doing it "for the love of it".

While, in the real world..........

GamingCanuck
23-06-2015, 13:59
Because people think that 40 buys them an entire development team to steer a product in the direction they want.

The gaming community is a bizarre one, it's almost a crime to want to make any money out of it, and everyone should be doing it "for the love of it".

While, in the real world..........

That's like the explosion that happened when paid Skyrim mods came out, everyone was outraged and blamed Valve as if the modders don't want to get paid. It's stupid, of course people want to get paid for their work. The whole argument boils down to people want things for free, and if they can't get it for free they will steal it.

stella-stig
23-06-2015, 21:00
https://youtu.be/46RbUpatlTk

mitchfrompei
23-06-2015, 21:59
They should rename this forum and call it, The Entitled.

No, they should rename the whole forum to "Bugs/Glitches/how to get your refund for project cars.

spaceweed10
23-06-2015, 22:19

Just.....:eek-new:

coniferkiller
23-06-2015, 23:01
Well the 2 year life cycle confirms this is a game and not a SIM for me.
Sims tend to have a much longer life cycle (LFS is still on its original purchase price and is 10 years old) where as SIMs have yearly itterations with little to no improvement year to year (NFS at the low end of this and the GT series at the higher).
My expectation was a 3-5 year cycle I guess as this fits between the SIM and game cycles in a similar way to that of the game.

Then again I have no knowledge of when existing franchises start to produce the new version of their games.

However if PCars 2 Is not a large difference feature wise to PCars 1 I will feel let down and may well stay with PCars 1 and hope for mods to be added by 3rd parties.

spinkick
24-06-2015, 01:51
Sims tend to have a much longer life cycle (LFS is still on its original purchase price and is 10 years old) where as SIMs have yearly itterations with little to no improvement year to year (NFS at the low end of this and the GT series at the higher).
My expectation was a 3-5 year cycle I guess as this fits between the SIM and game cycles in a similar way to that of the game.

Then again I have no knowledge of when existing franchises start to produce the new version of their games.

However if PCars 2 Is not a large difference feature wise to PCars 1 I will feel let down and may well stay with PCars 1 and hope for mods to be added by 3rd parties.

I'm confused, you are mad that they are going to have a new generation game too soon with even better technology? You do know they are making content for at least a year after this, right?

spinkick
24-06-2015, 01:52
I bet every single whinger in here is going to buy pcars 2.

Robski
24-06-2015, 02:04

not me.

mitchfrompei
24-06-2015, 02:18

Nope. The only way sms can win me back. Is if ian bell personally apologises for selling me an unfinished product and explains to me why a 3570k 8gig ram, 7970 3gb can't play the game past low to medium settings. He can call me/Skype/Facebook chat what ever. Just tell me honestly why the game is running so terrible. I can look past every other bug with the promise of patches. But not the performance.

TenthDan
24-06-2015, 02:19
not me.

Aha, so you admit being a whinger!

:p

TenthDan
24-06-2015, 02:22
Nope. The only way sms can win me back. Is if ian bell personally apologises for selling me an unfinished product and explains to me why a 3570k 8gig ram, 7970 3gb can't play the game past low to medium settings. He can call me/Skype/Facebook chat what ever. Just tell me honestly why the game is running so terrible. I can look past every other bug with the promise of patches. But not the performance.

I'd suggest a first move of upgrading to Windows 10 when available. As a fellow AMD user the performance gains from that change alone (i.e. AMD's current Win8 drivers are poor) should help you, not to mention a 'clean' OS.

There isn't a simple answer for why the game runs terrible for some and not others, there are a lot of PC configurations out there. Try the following settings and see how it goes:

Env map: low
Reflections: low
Detailed grass: low/off
Motion Blur: off
AA: DS2X + FXAA low/med

That should allow you to get pretty good performance, I'd think easily 60fps with your rig.

KK78
24-06-2015, 02:30

I'd stick with the 2nd statement as the 1st is questionable

Robski
24-06-2015, 02:36
Aha, so you admit being a whinger!

:p

pCARS is easy to whinge about so yes.

JonZ
24-06-2015, 02:54
Imagine pCARS 2

"Fire ze missles!!"

TenthDan
24-06-2015, 03:01

Everything is easy to whinge about. Doesn't mean other people need or want to constantly hear it ;)

spinkick
24-06-2015, 06:26

Wow, so much drama. You think you are entitled to a call from the ceo of a company because you have a crap computer? Whinge on, lunatic. The world doesnt revolve around you.

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 06:35
Wow, so much drama. You think you are entitled to a call from the ceo of a company because you have a crap computer? Whinge on, lunatic. The world doesnt revolve around you.

Mitch, the only think I'd call you up on skype for would be to ask you to please not buy any of our products. We have no interest in 'winning you back'. You are part of 'The 2%'.

If you haven't educated yourself about driver issues by this stage then you can't be helped.

TKore
24-06-2015, 07:15
For pCARS1 I did a trackwalk on circuit Zolder, photographed the entire circuit and uploaded the RAW's to the devs (8GBs). Also gotten permission to use a classic car brand in the game from the owner of the brand (official 3d models are being created as we speak, perhaps for pCARS2? :D ). SMS would contact me back about that, but that sadly never happened. So I invested 1: money and 2: a lot of time.

I would love to be part of pCARS2 development, since I love pCARS1 (mainly play on PC, but bought the "slightly bugged" X1 version also). Now, my only problem is I lost my job, and can't get hold of criteria nr 1: the money for it. And I don't know how long the signups are open. It would be nice if SMS would have something in place for the people who actually contributed more to pCARS1 than only playing the test builds. You can't imagine the pride I had seeing circuit Zolder evolve to the track it is now in pCARS (even if I didn't program a thing, just made pictures for SMS).

So once again, for people willing to invest time in pCARS2 development, but lack the funds, there is no option of participating in pCARS2? I would love to see something from SMS for those people (OK, I lost my job and simply don't have the cash, but even if I had the cash, it would be a nice gesture from SMS to the contributors).

I would love to get SMS's opinion on this, but no rush, just keep making pCARS even better.

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 07:18
For pCARS1 I did a trackwalk on circuit Zolder, photographed the entire circuit and uploaded the RAW's to the devs (8GBs). Also gotten permission to use a classic car brand in the game from the owner of the brand (official 3d models are being created as we speak, perhaps for pCARS2? :D ). SMS would contact me back about that, but that sadly never happened. So I invested 1: money and 2: a lot of time.

I would love to be part of pCARS2 development, since I love pCARS1 (mainly play on PC, but bought the "slightly bugged" X1 version also). Now, my only problem is I lost my job, and can't get hold of criteria nr 1: the money for it. And I don't know how long the signups are open. It would be nice if SMS would have something in place for the people who actually contributed more to pCARS1 than only playing the test builds. You can't imagine the pride I had seeing circuit Zolder evolve to the track it is now in pCARS (even if I didn't program a thing, just made pictures for SMS).

So once again, for people willing to invest time in pCARS2 development, but lack the funds, there is no option of participating in pCARS2? I would love to see something from SMS for those people (OK, I lost my job and simply don't have the cash, but even if I had the cash, it would be a nice gesture from SMS to the contributors).

I would love to get SMS's opinion on this, but no rush, just keep making pCARS even better.

PM Vittorio with my blessing for a freebie.

UMadBro
24-06-2015, 07:27
Mitch, the only think I'd call you up on skype for would be to ask you to please not buy any of our products. We have no interest in 'winning you back'. You are part of 'The 2%'.

If you haven't educated yourself about driver issues by this stage then you can't be helped.

:/ The 2%? Are you serious???

TKore
24-06-2015, 07:27
PM Vittorio with my blessing for a freebie.

Wow... Just... Wow... Actually lost for words now. Thank you, I'll PM him right now.

mitchfrompei
24-06-2015, 08:31

Instead of acting like a jerk, why don't you show us proof it's a driver issue. You created the game, so show us proof it's AMD's fault. I'm an electrician, and if there is a problem with something. I don't blame a manufacture of some equipment then stand around with my thumb up my ass. I'd have to prove the issue, then resolve it. Not walk away with their money. Feel free to call me and explain how I shouldn't buy your products though.

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 08:38
Instead of acting like a jerk, why don't you show us proof it's a driver issue. You created the game, so show us proof it's AMD's fault. I'm an electrician, and if there is a problem with something. I don't blame a manufacture of some equipment then stand around with my thumb up my ass. I'd have to prove the issue, then resolve it. Not walk away with their money. Feel free to call me and explain how I shouldn't buy your products though.

NDA's restrict us from doing so.

Mitch, we got about 10 bucks total from your purchase. Not profit, total. That doesn't give you the right to have the CEO call you to explain facts that are all over the internet. That 10 bucks doesn't mean you own us and our first born.

Now get some perspective man really, and stop throwing abuse. The only one coming off as anything here is you.

Bealdor
24-06-2015, 08:47

You want proof? Here's your proof: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22797-AMD-graphics-bad-drivers-drivers-updated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpATnpx45BI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzFe5OOHZko

PzR Slim
24-06-2015, 08:47
Everything is easy to whinge about. Doesn't mean other people need or want to constantly hear it ;)

And the advent of the interwebz means it's easier than ever. I never can understand why so many people would spend so much of their time surrounded by the negativity that whinging constantly brings rather than surrounding themselves with the joy of something they find positive. But they do, forums are absolutely full of it. I can only draw the conclusion that some people (an awful lot) would rather be unhappy that happy, they somehow get off on being unhappy. And I find that very sad.

pk4ever
24-06-2015, 09:10

Good point. Money it is then! ;-)

TenthDan
24-06-2015, 09:14

It doesn't help the situation if you act like them.

Robski
24-06-2015, 09:34
You want proof? Here's your proof: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22797-AMD-graphics-bad-drivers-drivers-updated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpATnpx45BI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzFe5OOHZko

Sorry but those videos don't prove anything. There's no proof of what gpus he's running in the video at all. In fact there's no proof what OS he's running either.

@Ian Bell, I'm not saying either you or that angry dude is right or wrong. But if you can't prove that it's AMD's fault, maybe it's best not to blame them? Fact is the game runs bad on AMD and both SMS and AMD are responsible for this.

Bealdor
24-06-2015, 09:41
Sorry but those videos don't prove anything. There's no proof of what gpus he's running in the video at all. In fact there's no proof what OS he's running either.

I know this guy from WMD because he made a lot of AMD testing and his hardware specs are listed in the video description.
If you don't believe what you see then test it for yourself.

Siberian Tiger
24-06-2015, 09:42

@Ian Bell, I'm not saying either you or that angry dude is right or wrong. But if you can't prove that it's AMD's fault, maybe it's best not to blame them? Fact is the game runs bad on AMD and both SMS and AMD are responsible for this.

The Witcher 3 does also run bad on AMD GPU's
Batman Arkham Knight also runs bad on AMD GPU's

I was also on the Red Team Years ago, but they are just working that slowly with Driver Updates that i had to Change to the Green Team.... And im Happy!

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 09:43

I haven't blamed anybody mate.

I've said I know it's not an issue with our game code. So you can extrapolate from that what you want.

And the above does prove a lot. Our game runs great on Win10 with AMD GPU's

Both consoles have much less powerful AMD GPU's and we're running at 60 there mostly. We use the same code for all platforms pretty much.

ssijak
24-06-2015, 09:44
A brief look through someones posting history would tell you all you need to know

FFS, you really expect for the dev team to go through everybodys post history with bullshit goggles on and weed out good from the bad guys. You really propose that, I mean, you sat at the computer, thought about it, typed it and clicked 'reply'? People this days... I would just lock this topic, to much talk for nothing and enough was said.
And btw, for 50 pounds you will get a game when it is out, beside other perks and forum membership. NOBODY IS FORSING YOU, BUT YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO IT

danowat
24-06-2015, 09:49
FFS, you really expect for the dev team to go through everybodys post history with bullshit goggles on and weed out good from the bad guys. You really propose that, I mean, you sat at the computer, thought about it, typed it and clicked 'reply'? People this days... I would just lock this topic, to much talk for nothing and enough was said.
And btw, for 50 pounds you will get a game when it is out, beside other perks and forum membership. NOBODY IS FORSING YOU, BUT YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO IT

Lay off the personal attacks fella.

Robski
24-06-2015, 09:54
I haven't blamed anybody mate.

I've said I know it's not an issue with our game code. So you can extrapolate from that what you want.

And the above does prove a lot. Our game runs great on Win10 with AMD GPU's

Both consoles have much less powerful AMD GPU's and we're running at 60 there mostly. We use the same code for all platforms pretty much.

Still, the above videos don't prove it for me in the slightest, there's no proof in there. Anyone can make a video showing different framerates and then write W10 and W8.1 above them, but that's not proof. I don't know the guy who uploaded it so I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

People say it's a physx issue. Nvidia can do it on the gpu but AMD can't, obviously. I tried to set physx to run on the CPU from nvidia control panel and got low gpu usage and low framerates, as soon as I change it to default (gpu) it'll run the gpu fully loaded with great framerates. That tells me that it's not a driver issue on AMD side, more like the game is optimized to run physx on nvidia gpus, which AMD can't do. There's nothing AMD can do about this.

T0MMY
24-06-2015, 09:57
I wanted to ask, if I purchase into the bronze level will I be able to make livery for the game like in pCARS 1?

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 09:58
Still, the above videos don't prove it for me in the slightest, there's no proof in there. Anyone can make a video showing different framerates and then write W10 and W8.1 above them, but that's not proof. I don't know the guy who uploaded it so I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

People say it's a physx issue. Nvidia can do it on the gpu but AMD can't, obviously. I tried to set physx to run on the CPU from nvidia control panel and got low gpu usage and low framerates, as soon as I change it to default (gpu) it'll run the gpu fully loaded with great framerates. That tells me that it's not a driver issue on AMD side, more like the game is optimized to run physx on nvidia gpus, which AMD can't do. There's nothing AMD can do about this.

AHh, sorry, you not trusting our word or his is a different matter. I can't help you there.

Lars Rosenquist
24-06-2015, 10:05
AHh, sorry, you not trusting our word or his is a different matter. I can't help you there.

It's a sign that he gives AMD the benefit of the doubt and demands proof from SMS instead of the other way around. Especially looking at history and other evidence. There's no way you can please these fanboys. Even if you do give evidence, they'll find some other reason to say it's false or doesn't apply. Not worth the effort IMO.

Robski
24-06-2015, 10:11

I won't believe either side until either side clears it up. Why would I?

Robski
24-06-2015, 10:12
It's a sign that he gives AMD the benefit of the doubt and demands proof from SMS instead of the other way around. Especially looking at history and other evidence. There's no way you can please these fanboys. Even if you do give evidence, they'll find some other reason to say it's false or doesn't apply. Not worth the effort IMO.

How am I a fanboy? Because I said I don't believe either side? AMD are blaming SMS, SMS are blaming AMD. How am I to believe to either side if there's no proof? I didn't say I believe AMD. Learn to read. This is exactly the behavior that puts me off coming on this forum. Can't I ask a question?

Also, there was no evidence provided above. It was just Ian Bell's word, the word that goes against AMD's word. I'm not going to side with either, I'm just looking for clarification of the issue.

Also, I didn't demand anything, I asked a question. You've been reported for throwing the f word around. Keep civil and show some class.

icebear
24-06-2015, 10:13

Sir,
may i ask you why you use your time and energy answering lost souls above possibilities of redemption ?
No rants here but wouldnt it be more usefull to write more precise press release able to educate the fellow members of the press about the rules of your industry, or even a faq about this game.
Even driving your Ferrari would be more usefull, as a smiling ceo makes a better job for sure ;)
Luckily, there is some wmd members trying to quote every bit of information you deliver in the matrix, but well, a forum is not the best tool available for encyclopedic knowledge i fear.

not that i think i should tell you what you have to do of your time of course ! i am just curious of your purpose here. As i truely like Pcars and already a gold member of Pcars 2, i think they would deserve a little better communication, sometimes. I spent hours and hours reading this forum to collect, understand, how to set up cars, how to set up ffb, what's the spirit of sms, etc, etc
Wish there was a condensed informartion somewhere...

apologyze for my english...

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 10:15

Robski, why on earth have you reported this post to me? You've told me straight that you don't believe me. I've told you I can't do anything about that then.

The post above seems normal and accurate to me.

Please stop wasting more forum time. We have work to do.

And yes, we've conducted thorough tests showing massive increases in performance with NO change from our side with the SAME drivers from AMD on Win 10.

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 10:16
Sir,
may i ask you why you use your time and energy answering lost souls above possibilities of redemption ?
No rants here but wouldnt it be more usefull to write more precise press release able to educate the fellow members of the press about the rules of your industry, or even a faq about this game.
Even driving your Ferrari would be more usefull, as a smiling ceo makes a better job for sure ;)
Luckily, there is some wmd members trying to quote every bit of information you deliver in the matrix, but well, a forum is not the best tool available for encyclopedic knowledge i fear.

not that i think i should tell you what you have to do of your time of course ! i am just curious of your purpose here. As i truely like Pcars and already a gold member of Pcars 2, i think they would deserve a little better communication, sometimes. I spent hours and hours reading this forum to collect, understand, how to set up cars, how to set up ffb, what's the spirit of sms, etc, etc
Wish there was a condensed informartion somewhere...

apologyze for my english...

Because if I don't I'm lambasted for 'ignoring legitimate users issues'.

But you're right, Robski has lost his reply remit from me.

TKore
24-06-2015, 10:17
Do people know they are actually talking to the head of the studio? Where nowadays do you find a head of the studio as involved on the forums as here? He doesn't HAVE to answer all the questions, yet he decides to do so. And then to have all people yelling at him doesn't help. If it were me, I would have given up on replying on such cases a long time ago. Only takes a lot of time, and you can't make everybody happy. Sure, people want their questions answered, but SMS is doing everything they can to give people the best game they can.

CustomInternals
24-06-2015, 10:25
If the money isn't needed then I don't think they should be allowing people to "buy in". If they seriously just want some good, quality feedback and suggestions why don't they just hand pick community members and send them an invite?

Then there's the Tiers to go on top of that. That's just ridiculous. If you want to give people a chance to meet the dev team and all that, why not just have some kind of sweepstakes, drawing, or in game tournament?

To be honest, I've always thought I've had some great ideas for racing games and I have been contemplating on getting in on it. It's just the fact that I can't totally believe the "weeding people out", yet they have a tier all the way up to $15,762.85. By the way, that's the American Dollar, not Pounds.

Just my opinion.

Robski
24-06-2015, 10:26
Robski, why on earth have you reported this post to me? You've told me straight that you don't believe me. I've told you I can't do anything about that then.

The post above seems normal and accurate to me.

Please stop wasting more forum time. We have work to do.

And yes, we've conducted thorough tests showing massive increases in performance with NO change from our side with the SAME drivers from AMD on Win 10.
I agree.

And I reported him because nobody likes to be called a fanboy. I'm not a fanboy in the slightest. I just asked a question. And I didn't single SMS out as the ones I don't believe. Like I said, I was just looking for some clarification. Can't see much wrong with that.

Bealdor
24-06-2015, 10:28
I agree.

And I reported him because nobody likes to be called a fanboy. I'm not a fanboy in the slightest. I just asked a question. And I didn't single SMS out as the ones I don't believe. Like I said, I was just looking for some clarification. Can't see much wrong with that.

We gave you clarification. If you don't believe those videos (or Ian's word) than the only thing you can do is try to replicate those reults for yourself.

Robski
24-06-2015, 10:29
We gave you clarification. If you don't believe those videos (or Ian's word) than the only thing you can do is try to replicate those reults for yourself.

I'll give you this, Ian tried, which is nice, appreciate that. I didn't like being jumped on by some randoms though.

FA RACING 01
24-06-2015, 10:32
I'll give you this, Ian tried, which is nice, appreciate that. I didn't like being jumped on by some randoms though.

Very few around here cares what you like or think. So appreciate the attention you do get.

Robski
24-06-2015, 10:46
Very few around here cares what you like or think. So appreciate the attention you do get.

I didn't come here to seek attention. I came to ask a question. Ian decided to get involved, which I said I appreciate. Very few care about what you think as well, as I'm sure you're aware. Get your attitude in check before you speak to me again, please.

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 10:47
Enough guys please.

Robski
24-06-2015, 10:50
Enough guys please.

Not to worry, I'm done, not here to argue and be attacked for no reason. Have a good day.

blowfishrulez
24-06-2015, 10:51
I didn't come here to seek attention. I came to ask a question. Very few care about what you think as well, as I'm sure you're aware. Get your attitude in check before you speak to me again, please.

Can you please stop it? You asked your question. It was answered in a serious manner. You started an argument that the proof is 'insufficient' to you. People got annoyed by that noise. Why do you ask in the first place if obviously no answer here can give you 'proof'? You could check it out yourself and report back what you have found. Win10 preview is available for free btw...

FA RACING 01
24-06-2015, 10:53
Enough guys please.

Ok, but only because you asked. Sorry

JayBoyP
24-06-2015, 10:54
I cant help but post here after spending the last few slow days in work on these forums. Firstly, I personally would really like to put across just how much I appreciate all the information and answers given by Ian. I also find the sheer amount of posts on here complaining and lamenting over this game a disgrace. I have played a hell of a lot of games, and since this generation and the one previous we ALL know by now the amount of games that release with issues, bugs, dlc holdbacks, etc etc.

The most important thing I feel people on here are really taking for granted is the support and how quick that support is being put out. MOST of the issues with consoles etc have been fixed within the last two very quickly released patches. MOST questions have been actively answered by IAN or others directly involved with the game which is unheard of nowadays. I really hope people sit for two mins before posting and think of the scale of what was achieved by this team from the ground up. Basically what im trying to put across and hopefully a lot of people feel the same, is gratitude and thanks in making this game, the support your giving it, the sequel etc.

Take battlefield 4 for example, look at the time and scale that dice took to fix the problems, no real communication with the exception of a few press releases here and there. I can see through it if they released the game as it was in its original state and nothing was ever fixed or mentioned on here for months and months. the game IS being fixed and very quickly by todays standards. So just chill and give this team some time to fix the problems, give constructive feedback to aid that and this game will easily become what you want from it. RANT OVER.

babazulu
24-06-2015, 11:18
Hi,

I'm 38y old, started playing racing games on Commodore C64 (pit stop, pole position), later Lotus and Outrun on Amiga 500, then NFS series on PC, Toca race driver 1-2, Grid, Colin McRae, WTCC, GTR1-2 etc… you name it... also Forza 2-3-4, Project Gotham Racing 3-4 on Xbox360 and WRC, Gran Turismo on PS2. On keys, gamepads, joysticks and wheel.
I also drive an Alfa Romeo in real life. We could agree I know a little bit about gaming and maybe about cars.

First of all, I want to thank Ian (head of studio) for being here and talking to us. That's great, really.

Then I would like to congratulate on making PCars. It's great single player with decent physics and great graphics. I have AMD 280x 3GB and the game runs ok, could be a bit better thou, let's hope drivers will improve over time.

But, multiplayer is what made me looking forward and want this game.
Unfortunately and sadly, for me, it's half done.
There are tons of features and option missing there.
I could write A4 paper size now, but just to mention some:

- standalone dedicated server, not really standalone when you need someone to be on it constantly, timer should run all sessions if admin isn't connected to it

- server browser lacks almost all filter options (you need to connect to each server to see what settings are set to YES and NO, and you have to wait for banner to show them to you, time consuming)

- once you connect to lobby you cannot see server name anymore

- in-game kick / ban option for admin is a must (not accepting any discussion here)

- not showing player to server ping complicate things

- some weird side contact physics (I call it "magnetic cars")

- admin not being able to restart / finish session (or at least possibility to easily restart race start) isn't good either. Rammings and lags in the first corner of the race could be easily solved by restarting a race. Could also save some nerves and lots of time spent to get good position in qualifications. Talking about the situation when you are first, and the guy from 18th place slams your car, and pushes you out of the track in the first corner = game over.

- missing stats and ingame race infos

- watching your own car cruising for 3 min.,after race is finished instead of possibility to watch other players still racing (not a bug but would be nice and logical feature/touch)

- now the weirdest thing of all weird things…
Man, where did you guys saw that players could initiate session without admin approving that, on his own server ? :) It's like I came to your home and turn off you TV.
On my server, I make the rules, I start the session. If I decide to go to toilet I will start the session after I'm back.
Players could only give thumb they are ready or not. Players that are not ready could be asked to get ready or session starts without them, simple as that.

I could go on, but let's stay here for now…

Now, giving us an info that you are focusing on a new game a month after release isn't good tactics. I know it's capitalism and it's business, let's hope you won't lose us. And It won't be 2%.
Producing sequel too fast after first one will just split players and render servers empty. You can experience this happening all over platforms and games, not just racing ones.

Sorry for typos and bad english.

Thanks.

RDogg
24-06-2015, 11:24
People say it's a physx issue. Nvidia can do it on the gpu but AMD can't, obviously. I tried to set physx to run on the CPU from nvidia control panel and got low gpu usage and low framerates, as soon as I change it to default (gpu) it'll run the gpu fully loaded with great framerates.

PhysX should be left as it is. There is no need to force it on anything, just let it do its thing. The amount of people who thinks that this will fix things..

There is no need to run PhysX on the CPU and it will always run naturally better on a GPU. So that pretty much invalidates your entire post. As I said, leave it as it is. You pretty much answered your own problem, which you also created.

Robski
24-06-2015, 11:51
PhysX should be left as it is. There is no need to force it on anything, just let it do its thing. The amount of people who thinks that this will fix things..

There is no need to run PhysX on the CPU and it will always run naturally better on a GPU. So that pretty much invalidates your entire post. As I said, leave it as it is. You pretty much answered your own problem, which you also created.

I think you need to read my post again, think about what I wrote and then you can come back and apologize. Until then, bye.

RDogg
24-06-2015, 12:57
I think you need to read my post again, think about what I wrote and then you can come back and apologize. Until then, bye.

And I think you need to stop being so insulting and immature towards all the fine people here who have given perfectly decent replies only to be shot down be your rage induced posts.

It's people like you that try as hard as we can, we can't help. Not because we don't know how, it's because we can't get a nice decent reply out of you.

So I would like you to read this post again, think about we both said, and come back with a better more mature response.

Until then, bye.

I didn't like being jumped on by some randoms though.

Now who is jumping on randoms. Considering my post was an actual response to your problem and not in any way an 'attack' at your ability, knowledge, and general know how.

Get your attitude in check before you speak to me again, please.

I think the same applies in reverse.

Robski
24-06-2015, 13:21
And I think you need to stop being so insulting and immature towards all the fine people here who have given perfectly decent replies only to be shot down be your rage induced posts.

It's people like you that try as hard as we can, we can't help. Not because we don't know how, it's because we can't get a nice decent reply out of you.

So I would like you to read this post again, think about we both said, and come back with a better more mature response.

Until then, bye.

Now who is jumping on randoms. Considering my post was an actual response to your problem and not in any way an 'attack' at your ability, knowledge, and general know how.

I think the same applies in reverse.

Please do feel free to provide proof on how those videos prove that anything is wrong with AMD drivers. I'm awaiting your reply.

blowfishrulez
24-06-2015, 13:35
Please do feel free to provide proof on how those videos prove that anything is wrong with AMD drivers. I'm awaiting your reply.

What part of 'Stop it, it has been answered, you are generating noise' is so hard to comprehend? Nobody in here has to answer you or has anything to prove to you! I wonder if your entitled, aggressive attitude would be the same if you had to talk to someone in person :rolleyes:

rotorrian
24-06-2015, 13:44
http://i.imgur.com/yWFFfo2.jpg

You got the answer upgrade to Windows 10.........

Alan Dallas
24-06-2015, 13:45

Actually PhysX in pCARS only runs on the CPU, even if you try to force it to GPU the game engine doesn't allow it.

Robski
24-06-2015, 13:56
http://i.imgur.com/yWFFfo2.jpg

You got the answer upgrade to Windows 10.........
erm, I'm running a 970, so I don't have issues with the game. Many others do though (AMD users, I mean).

Robski
24-06-2015, 13:57
What part of 'Stop it, it has been answered, you are generating noise' is so hard to comprehend? Nobody in here has to answer you or has anything to prove to you! I wonder if your entitled, aggressive attitude would be the same if you had to talk to someone in person :rolleyes:

you sound really angry, I feel like you were shouting at your monitor while you were typing this.

Joeri Blootacker
24-06-2015, 14:00
How am I a fanboy? Because I said I don't believe either side? AMD are blaming SMS, SMS are blaming AMD. How am I to believe to either side if there's no proof? I didn't say I believe AMD. Learn to read. This is exactly the behavior that puts me off coming on this forum. Can't I ask a question?

Also, there was no evidence provided above. It was just Ian Bell's word, the word that goes against AMD's word. I'm not going to side with either, I'm just looking for clarification of the issue.

Also, I didn't demand anything, I asked a question. You've been reported for throwing the f word around. Keep civil and show some class.

Hi Robski,

About the AMD Performance part, i can tell you this, Aldo Zampatti has been testing build after build during the last 9 months of the development, and working with Martin Griffiths to benchmark the AMD vs Nvidia performance, and to try to optimize as much as possible for both brands.
if you would go into the AMD forums, you might even find a few posts from us, reporting to AMD that they have a performance issue. (and let us be honest, AMD has a lot of performance issues in several games, not only pCars)
quite a few of us in the WMD community were helping out, by testing drivers and so on as well.

i made the switch from a 290x to a 970GTX for this reason.

all i want to say is that SMS tried anything possible to get AMD to do the necessary.
and the SMS Devs on their side tried to optimize the game as much as possible, and in my humble opinion they succeeded.

Eric Bergeret
24-06-2015, 14:01
Please do feel free to provide proof on how those videos prove that anything is wrong with AMD drivers. I'm awaiting your reply.amd driver have always been a pain in the ass.

Robski
24-06-2015, 14:02
Hi Robski,

About the AMD Performance part, i can tell you this, Aldo Zampatti has been testing build after build during the last 9 months of the development, and working with Martin Griffiths to benchmark the AMD vs Nvidia performance, and to try to optimize as much as possible for both brands.
if you would go into the AMD forums, you might even find a few posts from us, reporting to AMD that they have a performance issue. (and let us be honest, AMD has a lot of performance issues in several games, not only pCars)

i made the switch from a 290x to a 970GTX for this reason.

all i want to say is that SMS tried anything possible to get AMD to do the necessary.
and the SMS Devs on their side tried to optimize the game as much as possible, and in my humble opinion they succeeded.

Finally a sensible answer, thanks.

blowfishrulez
24-06-2015, 14:06
you sound really angry, I feel like you were shouting at your monitor while you were typing this.

Nice try :rolleyes:

Robski
24-06-2015, 14:06
amd driver have always been a pain in the ass.

not from my experience. I ran hd 7950 CFX for over a year before I got the 970, never had issues with it.

Robski
24-06-2015, 14:07
Nice try :rolleyes:

that's better. keep it up.

RDogg
24-06-2015, 15:08
not from my experience. I ran hd 7950 CFX for over a year before I got the 970, never had issues with it.

Exactly. One user experience in comparison to hundreds of thousands does not mean that there isn't an issue or that there is one, whichever may be the case.

I myself was with AMD for near to two years and had nothing but problems, not least to mention their cards getting ridiculously hot. Switched to Nvidia, smooth sailing ever since (And no cooling issues, considering it was the same build). AMD cards are known to have issues on multiple games currently, you'd be foolish to ignore that. Nvidia has there fair share from time to time but the difference is they are usually quick in their response.

My friend has just literally got rid of his two 7950's for my two old 760's which I gave him. Same again, massive increase in performance, no issues. AMD are going the same way in the GPU race as they are in the CPU race, of which they have been behind Intel for years.

k.merse
24-06-2015, 15:14
I wonder how many DLCs the devs gonna release and how many players gonna buy it after this announcement.
Moreover I wonder how quickly the staff gonna shift attention to PC2 and will leave PC unfinished.

roslinman
24-06-2015, 15:18
I wonder how many DLCs the devs gonna release and how many players gonna buy it after this announcement.
Moreover I wonder how quickly the staff gonna shift attention to PC2 and will leave PC unfinished.
maybe read this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32673-%28FAQ%29-PCars2-quot-For-Dummies-quot)

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 15:20

Seriously? After all of the posts all over this forum you ask when we'll leave pCARS 'unfinished'??

Honestly, I really do despair. I wonder if it's worth posting anything.

roslinman
24-06-2015, 15:23
Seriously? After all of the posts all over this forum you ask when we'll leave pCARS 'unfinished'??

You gonna have to put a page sized pop-up when folk log-in forcing them to read what is happening. There again don't think it would help that much :(

JonZ
24-06-2015, 15:23
I wanted to ask, if I purchase into the bronze level will I be able to make livery for the game like in pCARS 1?

Must be hard time to follow this thread but I'll try to answer this even if it buried in a sea of misunderstanding :D

It should be doable. pCARS 1 famous skinner was a simple Member AFAIK before SMS promoted him. Every single contribution no matter what your rank is are important :cool:

Patch2K
24-06-2015, 15:28

I wouldn't bother, give it 2 weeks and they will all be screaming on another developers forum and most wont remember that, as with all the other game developers, you have started the long and arduous task of doing it all again.

I suspect that the new Batman game will put all AMD users in to meltdown anyway, then the next game after that, and the next after that, but still they wont see the pattern emerging.

joking_aura
24-06-2015, 15:35

There are so many questions being left unanswered on this forum. Yet, every foolish comment seems to get a response. I hope at some point you and your team can sift through the waste in this forum and communicate with those on this forum whose goal is to improve an already awesome experience.

Patch2K
24-06-2015, 15:55
Check all the patch notes (2.0) and see if your issues are addressed, if not, bring it up with enough information for the dev team to do something about it.

And agree on the "general waste" there unfortunately is quite a lot.

joking_aura
24-06-2015, 15:58
Check all the patch notes (2.0) and see if your issues are addressed, if not, bring it up with enough information for the dev team to do something about it.

And agree on the "general waste" there unfortunately is quite a lot.

I have been trying to get more information on the future implementation of mp matchmaking based on behavior. No reply ever.

Patch2K
24-06-2015, 16:07
What do you mean by behaviour?

By crashing in to people or by skill?

Online & Community Events
* Multiplayer search filter 'Skill' now finds games based upon certain lobby game configuration criteria. For example, “Pro” setting now searches for Full Damage, Auto-start Engine, Forced Cockpit, Mechanical Failure, and so forth.

If it is crashing in to people then I would imagine a similar system used by Iracing which would need a lot of work and would need to be implemented from the start I would say, might be something for Pcars 2 but having played iracing, they have not got it down to a tee yet and with the scope of people playing (console, non sim racers, etc), you will get people who cant get a race because they were drove in to head on and got a "poor" rating or demanding their money back as they were a very naughty boy and no one will race with them online. Might be something best avoided.

joking_aura
24-06-2015, 16:38
What do you mean by behaviour?

By crashing in to people or by skill?

Online & Community Events
* Multiplayer search filter 'Skill' now finds games based upon certain lobby game configuration criteria. For example, “Pro” setting now searches for Full Damage, Auto-start Engine, Forced Cockpit, Mechanical Failure, and so forth.

If it is crashing in to people then I would imagine a similar system used by Iracing which would need a lot of work and would need to be implemented from the start I would say, might be something for Pcars 2 but having played iracing, they have not got it down to a tee yet and with the scope of people playing (console, non sim racers, etc), you will get people who cant get a race because they were drove in to head on and got a "poor" rating or demanding their money back as they were a very naughty boy and no one will race with them online. Might be something best avoided.

The patch note your are referring to is related to filtering. Right now when I add any filter I get 0 results. Hopefully this is addressed as well. Otherwise the pro filter will not do me much good.

I am referring to crashing mostly similar to iRacing's safety rating. See below from a previous post in a thread that was closed immediately by Ian himself. To be fair I did call SMS hacks in the title as an attention getter.

I have been trying to get someone in some official capacity to answer questions about the reputation system and online matchmaking. I have brought it up in may different threads with no response. From SMS site:

"Your Driver Network Profile tracks many stats relating to your Experience, Focus, and Affinity. But it also tracks your Online Performance and Reputation...

The number of races entered vs the number completed
Breakdown of placement in those races
Pole positions achieved in online qualifying sessions
Average finishing position and average qualifying position
The number of races where you incurred no penalties
And the number of races where you were disqualified

All this information is then used to ensure you find players of similar skill and conduct. Continually collide with other drivers and you'll slowly make acquaintances with others of similar destructive tendencies. Drive with good sportsmanlike conduct and you'll be enjoying the company of other refined opponents."

So, its the last statement that I have a question about. This is obviously not implemented in the final version of the game. I have seen statements from Ian when users asked about a safety rating referring to iRacing. He basically stated that he doesn't want a system in place that makes users afraid of contact. This statement seems counter to the system described on the game's official site.

When will there be a system in place to track not only your race results, but how you race as described? Will there ever be a matchmaking system in place? How will we be paired with like minded drivers?

I know i can get involved in a league, but I find it hard to play on a schedule.

I have searched the forum and have found no answers. It seems that some issues are purposely avoided on this forum. Maybe the self-entitled assholes deserve more of your attention (how's that for passive agressive?). I will apologize in advance for the incindiary title. I just thought this might get someone's attention. Yes, I have caved and started name calling because apparently that is how you get any attention on this forum.

Patch2K
24-06-2015, 16:46
Well, you have answered your own question as to why you got ignored, it cant have been hard to just write the above without just insulting could it?

As the patch note stated, they are a head of looking in to online matchmaking and doing something about it so perhaps your wish will be fulfilled and you will go to the ball.

I also agree on the point about being scared to make contact, it happens sometimes and I don't think anyone has a system that can perfectly judge a legitimate move from a Platoesque ram, unless we have a virtual referee but even then they will get it wrong sometimes (see Formula 1).

joking_aura
24-06-2015, 16:58
Well, you have answered your own question as to why you got ignored, it cant have been hard to just write the above without just insulting could it?

As the patch note stated, they are a head of looking in to online matchmaking and doing something about it so perhaps your wish will be fulfilled and you will go to the ball.

I also agree on the point about being scared to make contact, it happens sometimes and I don't think anyone has a system that can perfectly judge a legitimate move from a Platoesque ram, unless we have a virtual referee but even then they will get it wrong sometimes (see Formula 1).

Yet it took an insult in the title to even get any attention. This is not my only post on the subject. How SMS and Ian regulate this forum is not my business. Now, as far as contact, it is my belief that it is true that an automated system will not be perfect and always apply the judgement that a person could make. However, with a large enough sample an automated system should quite accurately identify drivers that are there to just crash everyone or drive wreckless. Drivers that have patience to pass cleanly will get ran into and run into people by mistake, but at a much lower rate.

It seems to be clear to me that SMS want to implement some sort of system as it is even listed in the vision for pcars 2.

Patch2K
24-06-2015, 17:23
Nobody gets paid to be insulted (traffic Wardens aside*) so it really will get you nowhere.

From quickly looking at my profile in the game, it records:
% Races finished (hints that a crasher won't finish all the races)
No of penalties incurred (causing an accident, cutting etc)
times disqualified (all of the above to the point that they get the full Lance Armstrong treatment)

All of which with the addition of Math probably ensures people who have lots of penalties and those with lots of Dq's wont be racing with the clean guys.

It is probably quite basic but, as suggested, for a mass market game like this, anything more in depth would result in someone's child not being able to race online (angry mother on the forum) where as a pretty basic system will keep him away from you and your probably pristine driving.

We shall await the knowledge to arrive.

*Apologies if you are a traffic warden but then you know we all hate you.

ROTTEN
24-06-2015, 17:32
Browsing these forums is becoming worse than getting a bladder scope with no lube. God damn how many of these threads do we need??

joking_aura
24-06-2015, 17:36
will keep him away from you and your probably pristine driving.

We shall await the knowledge to arrive.

Never said I was pristine; more like aware. Anyway, I hope they attempt some sort of matchmaking in the future. No sense in beating a dead horse. In the mean time I will spend most of my time racing the AI.

It's a breath of fresh air to have a civil conversation on this forum. Take care!

joking_aura
24-06-2015, 17:37
Browsing these forums is becoming worse than getting a bladder scope with no lube. God damn how many of these threads do we need??

Reading your analogy actually made me cringe.

F4H Trash
24-06-2015, 17:58

Haha I love your posts ,it's great to see the head of the studio lashing out at peoples fair comment criticism's it's like you can't handle a bit of bashing 😂

madmax2069
24-06-2015, 18:03
Haha I love your posts ,it's great to see the head of the studio lashing out at peoples fair comment criticism's it's like you can't handle a bit of bashing ��

Huge difference between constructive criticism, and whining about the same thing over and over and over again, especially if its already known. One is toxic one is not.

JeyD02
24-06-2015, 18:52
Ian please close this thread. Very pointless with many threads already on this topic it's utterly pointless to waste energy on incomprehensive people. Let alone those who trolls and other who don't read.

mitchfrompei
25-06-2015, 00:01
NDA's restrict us from doing so.

Mitch, we got about 10 bucks total from your purchase. Not profit, total. That doesn't give you the right to have the CEO call you to explain facts that are all over the internet. That 10 bucks doesn't mean you own us and our first born.

Now get some perspective man really, and stop throwing abuse. The only one coming off as anything here is you.

Ok.... firstly. Sorry for coming across like a jerk. I'm frustrated because I love racing. And was really looking forward to pcars. And the performance issues left me in the dust. I was calling you out, asking questions that obviously you're not allowed to answer. I'm going to meet in the middle here. I suspect the issue is with nvidia game works. I read a lot of your posts in the last 24hours and respect that you are so accessible and vocal. It's not that I dont like pcars. The graphics are amazing and so are the physics. I'm just frustrated I couldn't play it. Hopefully when windows 10 is available something will have come to light with amd and nvidia game works. Ill stay tuned with pcars updates and repurchase the game if my issues get resolved. Good luck with pcars2