PDA

View Full Version : @SMS Sketchy person on lb, not sure hes running his own times...

Fast Peregrine
23-06-2015, 02:10
Hello SMS,

Now to clarify, this is not about a grudge. Yes, I am not happy with the person in question. However, I have evidence that suggests my strong accusation does not go without any warrant of suspicion. This person has taken over the openwheel leaderboards, and each time he puts a lap down the person who makes the time seems to change, as this person has driven some leaderboard times on a controller, a wheel, and then blank. This is suspicious, as it is difficult to be able to drive a wheel and a controller (its usually one or the other). Please investigate and I am willing to give the GT if you are interestred/believe this to be a big enough problem. Thank you for your time.

Schnizz58
23-06-2015, 02:24
I don't quite understand what the suspicious behavior is. Could you explain what you mean by "the person who makes the time seems to change"? Also I should add that I would imagine that SMS don't see it as their job to police leaderboards. You're probably better off reporting it to Xbox enforcement than to SMS.

TenthDan
23-06-2015, 02:29
Hello SMS,

Now to clarify, this is not about a grudge. Yes, I am not happy with the person in question. However, I have evidence that suggests my strong accusation does not go without any warrant of suspicion. This person has taken over the openwheel leaderboards, and each time he puts a lap down the person who makes the time seems to change, as this person has driven some leaderboard times on a controller, a wheel, and then blank. This is suspicious, as it is difficult to be able to drive a wheel and a controller (its usually one or the other). Please investigate and I am willing to give the GT if you are interestred/believe this to be a big enough problem. Thank you for your time.

PM it to me and I'll forward it on.

Stag
23-06-2015, 05:26
Yes ,well said we need more people standing against these lb crooks.
I posted a couple weeks back I don't accept anyone on lb that has no control scheme or ghost.
Ridiculous imagine Lewis in f1 posting a time and vettel and the boys saying hang on where is it no one even see you or even your car. Then fi bosses saying that's ok don't matter Lewis is pole.
No controller scheme ......no time
No ghost".............no time
Same bunch every lb every game.

LMR ShOwTiMe875
23-06-2015, 07:32
I agree you shouldn't be able to hide your ghost. You should be proud of a lap you've set that is blazing fast. Most want to hide it cuZ they're cheating, maybe a few don't want to give up their lines but it shouldn't be that way. Follow the top ten in the bac mono community challenge right now . It's ridiculous the amount of track they cut.

nwrlchargerl
23-06-2015, 08:29
I have a few great ideas to sort out the leaderboards or to make them run fairer and more appropriate for everyone, if your interested sms, let me know and I will pass on my ideas, they came from myself and other experienced online racers.

NeonFlux
23-06-2015, 08:33
.... I have some great ideas too and I'm also an experienced online racer. If Ian would like to invite me round for tea and cake I'll happily share them with him lol

BDR Daz
23-06-2015, 08:39
as this person has driven some leaderboard times on a controller, a wheel, and then blank. This is suspicious, as it is difficult to be able to drive a wheel and a controller (its usually one or the other).

This is a pretty bold statement ? why cant you be fast with both ?

Stag
23-06-2015, 09:11
Why would you use a controller when you have a wheel?
I think there should be a proper lb with the real racing guys and a seoerate fantasy lb with all the scanners cutters and hackers

PeoplesChampion
23-06-2015, 09:41
Hello SMS,

Peregrine! You are probably the fastest openwheel racer on the leaderboards. I know I've chased your times before.

Anyway, on topic.. I noticed the same thing. I haven't read the rest of this post, so I don't know if you listed the gamertag, but I have definitely noticed this.

Neil Bateman
23-06-2015, 09:57
Why would you use a controller when you have a wheel?
I think there should be a proper lb with the real racing guys and a seoerate fantasy lb with all the scanners cutters and hackers

Couple of things here, he has both a wheel and a controller and, yes its hard to believe some actually prefer a controller to a wheel, in fact some prefer a keyboard to a wheel.

Each to his own i guess.

nwrlchargerl
23-06-2015, 10:39
I have a few great ideas to sort out the leaderboards or to make them run fairer and more appropriate for everyone, if your interested sms, let me know and I will pass on my ideas, they came from myself and other experienced online racers.

Fast Peregrine
23-06-2015, 12:17
This is a pretty bold statement ? why cant you be fast with both ?

Couple of things here, he has both a wheel and a controller and, yes its hard to believe some actually prefer a controller to a wheel, in fact some prefer a keyboard to a wheel.

Each to his own i guess.

I didn't list the GT b/c you are right BDR DAZ. I do not want to go around spouting names as this is an extremely bold accusation. Nonetheless, leaderboarders are usually good with either the wheel only or controller only, and I've raced with this person enough that he does not have a wheel. It just seems odd, his times are not only miles quicker but also he uses a different control figuration for different tracks. As for the quick times I am also skeptical of the tune but I won't go into that.

Fractured Life
23-06-2015, 12:53
I agree you shouldn't be able to hide your ghost. You should be proud of a lap you've set that is blazing fast. Most want to hide it cuZ they're cheating, maybe a few don't want to give up their lines but it shouldn't be that way. Follow the top ten in the bac mono community challenge right now . It's ridiculous the amount of track they cut.

How do we hide our ghost? I've done a few laps where it didn't save either the control scheme, ghost, or both. But not sure why to be honest. How do they hide their ghosts and info?

DTM Hannibal
23-06-2015, 13:13
I use both wheel and a controller and I can get pretty much same times with both. Also a lot of teams have racers with a wheel and racers with a controller.So tunes have to work on both wheel and controller that's why some tuners are testing with both. And this is happening a lot more on P Cars with a lot of players moving from using a controller to a wheel. I know a lot of people who are very fast on Forza with a controller and they are new to the wheel so they choose to run with a controller in hot lap but uses the wheel online and on some tracks, until they get fully comfortable with a wheel. Also after the first update I and a lot of my friends lost a lot of our ghosts and the controller scheme used in previous hot lap sessions. In some cases my friends can see my ghosts but I can't see them and other cases it's the other way around where I can see my ghosts but they can't....

Stag
23-06-2015, 13:15
Exactly. I wouldn't know how to hide details and can't see any other reason than to hide things.
They might see my lines Blx,you can look at most fast ghosts and they take almost same lines.

Fast Peregrine
23-06-2015, 13:56
Yeah your club Hannibal is fast, seen alot of your guys around in forza and Pcars. Not sure how to feel about the hot laps anymore given the track detection system needs to be sorted out. But even still the inconsistency of the lap times and the control figuration suggests to me something is up. I just looked again the person I referenced in my first post just took down his ghost on one of the tracks. Suspect much?

OverHaased
23-06-2015, 14:03
It is just a video game. You act like these leaderboard heroes are stealing your grandmothers silver. Lighten up, head outside and get some air IRL.

beetes_juice
23-06-2015, 14:06
the plot thickens

tux1234
23-06-2015, 14:39
With the greatest of respect very little public online gaming takes place without cheats/fools. Does it make it right? No, Should we just "accept" it? No, but you should be expecting it if your going to try and be competitive online in a public setting.

agentbeef
23-06-2015, 15:41
Yeah your club Hannibal is fast, seen alot of your guys around in forza and Pcars. Not sure how to feel about the hot laps anymore given the track detection system needs to be sorted out. But even still the inconsistency of the lap times and the control figuration suggests to me something is up. I just looked again the person I referenced in my first post just took down his ghost on one of the tracks. Suspect much?

conspiracy.

FMS TopSecret
23-06-2015, 16:06
Peregrine the LB are more than likely going to get wiped when the track limits get fixed so i wouldn't be too worried right now if you see things you shouldn't see. thats why i haven't really touched the LB like i would have back on FM4 because this game isn't fully upto what it should be. i still freeze sometimes when exiting the LB so that was the main reason i lost hope in TT in this game as it was what i did 75% of the time i spent on Forza, so i have to find other ways to entertain myself on this game.

RTA nOsKiLlS
23-06-2015, 18:31

This is the beauty of a "forum", they dont need to get your phone number, and arrange a meeting with you. You can just make a post like everyone else. I thought I'd better mention your post, as you posted it twice.
Could someone from SMS please give NWR Charger the recognition he deserves.

I couldn't help but notice Charger, but you liked a post from stag, about people not showing their ghosts etc, but like me, you also have your ghosts and car and control blocked.

http://s11.postimg.org/us2glepkj/hypocrite.jpg

Here is the current top 10 for the BAC Mono event:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2wnwqia.jpg

Only 2 people in the top 10 not displaying the car etc, ME! and the guy in 1st place. As I have said many times before, its the Xbox privacy settings, My ghost is there, the car is there, and the control method is there. Just not viewable to anyone other than me. Find you own lines, lol

Fractured Life
23-06-2015, 18:46
What do you mean by privacy settings? I only got the Xbox a few weeks back to get this game so still learning. The times I set were when I first had the game and pre 1.3. It was also pre-me sorting things out with my router, so the times weren't set in 'open' NAT, but moderate or restricted. I thought maybe that was part of why it wasnt showing my ghost/control scheme

SpeedFreakDTM
23-06-2015, 18:56
What do you mean by privacy settings? I only got the Xbox a few weeks back to get this game so still learning. The times I set were when I first had the game and pre 1.3. It was also pre-me sorting things out with my router, so the times weren't set in 'open' NAT, but moderate or restricted. I thought maybe that was part of why it wasnt showing my ghost/control scheme

Xbox one dashboard > Settings > Privacy and online safety > custom > ...........................lots of settings can be blocked or allowed. Its the one to do with seeing content made by others.

DTM Hannibal
23-06-2015, 18:56

Me and my team mates have given up on hot-lapping in P cars for the same reasons The track detection system is just bad and none of us is willing to cut the tracks so hot-lapping is pretty much no good! But I still enjoy the game very much online against like minded racers. If you look at the LB you won't find any DTM guy on it except for a handful of tracks where cutting is most limited...So yeah I understand your frustration...

bc525
23-06-2015, 19:11
Is there a list here on the forums that pinpoints exactly which tracks are the worst offenders for track cutting? Maybe it's already been done, but generating an actual list of specific occurrences would at least provide SMS a good start to identify the shortcuts and places for cheating.

I don't really believe that completely wiping the Leaderboards for all tracks is the best solution, but maybe it will come to that. For me personally I'm so far down the leaderboards that its not really about my standing - its more about using the ghosts of people just a bit quicker than me to learn and improve my lap times at specific tracks.

RTA nOsKiLlS
23-06-2015, 19:17
Is there a list here on the forums that pinpoints exactly which tracks are the worst offenders for track cutting? Maybe it's already been done, but generating an actual list of specific occurrences would at least provide SMS a good start to identify the shortcuts and places for cheating.

I don't really believe that completely wiping the Leaderboards for all tracks is the best solution, but maybe it will come to that. For me personally I'm so far down the leaderboards that its not really about my standing - its more about using the ghosts of people just a bit quicker than me to learn and improve my lap times at specific tracks.

There is:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32122-(Cutting)-Tracks-To-Stay-Away-From

:D

Fast Peregrine
23-06-2015, 19:30
Peregrine the LB are more than likely going to get wiped when the track limits get fixed so i wouldn't be too worried right now if you see things you shouldn't see. thats why i haven't really touched the LB like i would have back on FM4 because this game isn't fully upto what it should be. i still freeze sometimes when exiting the LB so that was the main reason i lost hope in TT in this game as it was what i did 75% of the time i spent on Forza, so i have to find other ways to entertain myself on this game.

Yeah thats the same thing for me. I find the physics in this game much better than FM though but other than that.........

DTM Hannibal
23-06-2015, 20:26

I honestly doubt that the LBs will ever be erased and that's just my opinion. Nonetheless even with all the problems plaguing this game it's still the best true racing game on XBOX One No other game on console has True race cars+advanced tuning+test sessions+Qualifying sessions + damage + DYNAMIC weather system+DYNAMIC day and night cycles+ A FANTASTIC FFB (even before the updates! but most console users don't know how to setup the FFB on a wheel and that's on the developers to include a better FFB guide for the average user) I play a lot of SIM racing games iRacing RaceRoom .... so I can compare it to other SIM games...Again just my opinion.
If they can fix the bugs the crashes and the track detection system this game will be hard to beat on any platform...

beetes_juice
23-06-2015, 20:50
Not trying to ruffle any feathers here but just want an honest answer: Why do you guys block the content?

PeoplesChampion
23-06-2015, 21:46
Not trying to ruffle any feathers here but just want an honest answer: Why do you guys block the content?

I don't block any content and I never will. I don't cut corners and when I put a front-page time down, I'm pretty proud of it.

I honestly think that it is about 80\20 - 80% are the guys that cut corners and do things they aren't proud of while the other 20% are guys that want their perfect lines, brake points, turn ins and overall trajectories hidden from prying eyes.

Charles Gillen
23-06-2015, 21:55
BC525....In relation to your post and being "so far down on the LB". You might not be as far back as it appears. This is also my reason that I want to see the leaderboards wiped. I dont for one moment belive that I'm gonna have a top 10 LB. But I really want to know where I actually stand in the chase.

If "cuts and exploits" are left up, then you can never know for sure where you actually placed. This is true for every single person who has put up an attempt. It's one thing to compete, but quite another to have respect for fellow competitors. By cutting and exploits it shows a lack of respect for others.

There are people who have "reasoned" that they must cheat because others cheated. Yeah...That dont carry no water. By doing what they know to be wrong is just showing no respect for those who didnt cheat the boards.

Charles

FMS TopSecret
23-06-2015, 22:14
There are a lot of fast people from forza that haven't even touched the LB yet that will take over top 10's. but they are like me and probably dont see the point with how TT works on this game, i just want the same system with how FM4 LB were.

RTA nOsKiLlS
23-06-2015, 22:40

Personally for me, it was because of GTA5. Im sick of being invited into people's hacked lobbies, or user created RP, and money glitching rooms. All you have to do is join a random job etc, and you can land in a hacked lobby, and get banned. Every now and then Rockstar do a sweep and ban shit loads of people. Setting user created content to blocked, means Im not allowed to even see the invites, or join anything that is not created by Rockstar.

I dont care about people seeing if I've cut the track, if there is a cut, Im using it, end of. I dont want to be able to cut, but we can, people are, so if you wanna see where you place on the LB's you need to run the same route as everyone else.

LMR ShOwTiMe875
23-06-2015, 23:36
Personally for me, it was because of GTA5. Im sick of being invited into people's hacked lobbies, or user created RP, and money glitching rooms. All you have to do is join a random job etc, and you can land in a hacked lobby, and get banned. Every now and then Rockstar do a sweep and ban shit loads of people. Setting user created content to blocked, means Im not allowed to even see the invites, or join anything that is not created by Rockstar.

I dont care about people seeing if I've cut the track, if there is a cut, Im using it, end of. I dont want to be able to cut, but we can, people are, so if you wanna see where you place on the LB's you need to run the same route as everyone else.

I get your point. Others are cutting so only way to be competitive is to follow. I can easily be top 20 maybe 10 if I cut that back corner. Hoping sms makes track boundaries a lil more strict.

LMR ShOwTiMe875
23-06-2015, 23:39
Btw has anybody drifted the long downhil left turn at Sonoma in the mono? With a wheel it feels amazing

beetes_juice
23-06-2015, 23:42

Didn't even think of other games when I posted. Makes sense.

Tone Marley
24-06-2015, 11:12
I know a few of my times on California Full and reverse are not showing the ghosts... Its not due to me hiding them as I always like to race against my own ghosts to beat my times. The game is just not saving the ghosts on some tracks it seems. kinda frustrating... but I dont know if people are able to intentionally hide their ghosts and cars.

Also on California reverse(Stock Car) the times are posting the worst as first and the best as last... dont know if SMS is aware of that... but this is happening on a couple tracks as well.

Stag
24-06-2015, 11:22
I know a few of my times on California Full and reverse are not showing the ghosts... Its not due to me hiding them as I always like to race against my own ghosts to beat my times. The game is just not saving the ghosts on some tracks it seems. kinda frustrating... but I dont know if people are able to intentionally hide their ghosts and cars.

Also on California reverse(Stock Car) the times are posting the worst as first and the best as last... dont know is SMS is aware of that... but this is happening on a couple tracks as well.
Oh didn't know this,and it's shut me right up.

dangoat
24-06-2015, 14:07
If you're talking about the person i think you are, he's had a wheel longer than me you muppet, he prefers the pad coz its less messing about. He (presuming we are speaking of the same person) has even used and set times on forza lbs, dated, using his wheel, which if you knew what to look for in cockpit replays, shows who has used a wheel...

beetes_juice
24-06-2015, 14:16
^^^^^^^Now the plot thickens :eek:

the plot thickens

LMR ShOwTiMe875
24-06-2015, 14:26
If you're talking about the person i think you are, he's had a wheel longer than me you muppet, he prefers the pad coz its less messing about. He (presuming we are speaking of the same person) has even used and set times on forza lbs, dated, using his wheel, which if you knew what to look for in cockpit replays, shows who has used a wheel...

What's up dangoAt!

Fractured Life
24-06-2015, 15:34
Was running Le Mans TT last night as I've been learning the track over the past week or so. Eventually got to a 3:25 (Prototype-LMP1) or there abouts, clean lap with no cuts just outside top 50. Felt freaking awesome until I get to the leaderboard and I'm 16/17 seconds off the pace lol.

Reset the leaderboards after the next patch has dropped.

What is it my parents used to say back in the day..."If your friends were jumping off a bridge would you do it too?". But I know what you mean, I ain't angry with you, just disappointed dude!!!

RTA nOsKiLlS
24-06-2015, 16:54
What is it my parents used to say back in the day..."If your friends were jumping off a bridge would you do it too?". But I know what you mean, I ain't angry with you, just disappointed dude!!!

LOL, I wouldn't jump off a bridge, as it could hurt or depending on the height of the bridge, possibly cause death. So no I wouldn't follow in that situation. But following a ghost on a LB, ill do it all day.

I agree, its complete BS, its also the reason im not interested at the moment in setting times in time trial. I just look to see what the fastest GT3 car is, and try to match it, or beat it in practise mode, while tuning, then go and race.

Fast Peregrine
24-06-2015, 20:13

Who are you calling a muppet? I'll assume its for me (I think its an insult, not the best one FYI), but either way this isn't the place to do so. So either get off or a moderator will make you.

dangoat
24-06-2015, 20:44
I'll get off, you're wasting my time, and the moderators time to be honest, i only stated a fact, not a wild pressumtion, all good.