PDA

View Full Version : Why haven't we got a Pitstop crew yet

Toyotagt1
23-06-2015, 06:00
I been waiting on that since I got the game and I still see no update on that yet

madmax2069
23-06-2015, 06:09
It takes time to get this done properly, and to get it implemented.

GregT_1903
23-06-2015, 08:03
But it looks stupid - A lollipop man, and that's it. Ghosts at work for replacing your tires, refueling and wiping the windscreen.

TrevorAustin
23-06-2015, 08:06
I been waiting on that since I got the game and I still see no update on that yet

You don't see an update on it:) it's been mentioned/requested and answered about 50+ times so far, lol.

Siberian Tiger
23-06-2015, 08:09
But it looks stupid - A lollipop man, and that's it. Ghosts at work for replacing your tires, refueling and wiping the windscreen.

It will come when it's done right :) And to be honest, do you now a other (Racing) Game that has a fully animated Pit Crew?

Savaloy
23-06-2015, 08:27
Doesnt f1 2014 have that for example?

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 08:48
Doesnt f1 2014 have that for example?
Yes, but they basically had to animate one car, not 70.

No weird stuff like the ruf with a fuel filler in the middle of the hood.

highscore
23-06-2015, 10:07
Something we can appreciate in one of the next patches. I'm looking forward. Hope it's possible to make sure there will be no collission issues then. Actually we have the problems in the game as you know.

flymar
23-06-2015, 10:13
There will be no collission issues because I bet the pit crew won't be collidable.
I worry about end straight performance with full pits...

Roger Prynne
23-06-2015, 10:16
A lot of the cars have different wheel bases as in longer or narrower (so wheels in different positions) plus the different fuel fillers in different places.
Then there is the different classes in the same race, so all these things have to be animated and takes time to do.

Savaloy
23-06-2015, 12:34
Yes, but they basically had to animate one car, not 70.

No weird stuff like the ruf with a fuel filler in the middle of the hood.

True, valid point, but they still have it. Sometimes its quality that counts not quantity and i thought that was the point with project cars as it doesn't have the 400 cars like forza etc altho the driving itself and sound is more then a animated pit crew but that doesn't mean one have to leave it out. Just saying pit stops is one part of racing, not just the race itself. So i think it kinda counts in when it comes to realism and play a part in some way in a game going for a simulation. Im just disappointed it wasn't in from start. I dunno why one left that out. But my pit crew is missing anyway atm so hopefully that its fixed before or if they even add in an animated entire crew.

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 12:38
True, valid point, but they still have it. Sometimes its quality that counts not quantity and i thought that was the point with project cars as it doesn't have the 400 cars like forza etc altho the driving itself and sound is more then a animated pit crew but that doesn't mean one have to leave it out. Just saying pit stops is one part of racing, not just the race itself. So i think it kinda counts in when it comes to realism and play a part in some way in a game going for a simulation. Im just disappointed it wasn't in from start. I dunno why one left that out. But my pit crew is missing anyway atm so hopefully that its fixed before or if they even add in an animated entire crew.

They are coming, just the fact that the animations were taking longer than planned. So they were removed before release. The look good, but they were not vital to the game.

Savaloy
23-06-2015, 12:42
A lot of the cars have different wheel bases as in longer or narrower (so wheels in different positions) plus the different fuel fillers in different places.
Then there is the different classes in the same race, so all these things have to be animated and takes time to do.

You could always narrow the view down, its not like you have to see in close ups. I think GT5 has that can't remember. But i think i got stuck inside view with a crew running about changing cars while lifting me up on each side and see them run about with a wheel. Its not like you have to make that in so many animations, not sure how many cars there is in this game i didn't count and i got cars i like anyway in this which i tend to use so how many cars there is isn't that big of a deal. For me that is.

Savaloy
23-06-2015, 12:45
They are coming, just the fact that the animations were taking longer than planned. So they were removed before release. The look good, but they were not vital to the game.

Ah i didn't know they where coming, and yes its not the biggest part and i rather see a game working rather then have all cosmetic stuff in it. If they needed to delay it for other issues thats fine.

Neil Hopwood
23-06-2015, 12:46
Ah i didn't know they where coming, and yes its not the biggest part and i rather see a game working rather then have all cosmetic stuff in it. If they needed to delay it for other issues thats fine.

Pretty sure if you watch the intro movie you'll actually see the pit crew working. I could be wrong, but there are videos out there.

Savaloy
23-06-2015, 12:52
yeah thats kinda why i got a bit surprised i had 1 stiff fella standing infront =)

Hurt
23-06-2015, 15:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoR9XDk_9HQ

KID--A
23-06-2015, 15:56
I am not really sure why this is a priority for anyone... I could give two you-know-whats if the pit crew is there or not. Is it just about immersion for those that want it?

stella-stig
23-06-2015, 17:47
It will be available in pcars 2

Siberian Tiger
23-06-2015, 17:51
It will be available in pcars 2

NOT TRUE! They will be also come to pCars 1...

Bealdor
23-06-2015, 18:05
NOT TRUE! They will be also come to pCars 1...

Don't feed it mate. ;)

Hurt
24-06-2015, 09:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEL-Fa6j6CQ

Toyotagt1
26-06-2015, 05:57
Lol 😂😂😂😂 no telling

Toyotagt1
26-06-2015, 05:59
Yep I saw it and it was terrible

jason
26-06-2015, 06:09