PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Project CARS 2 price model

ME4TMAN
23-06-2015, 08:18
Dear SMS staff,

As a gamer who followed closely and passionately plays your game, I am surprised at the announcement of the development of Project CARS 2 when the game was released barely a month ago and still laden with a few bugs.

Though I know that the second game will not come anytime soon and promises at least twice as much content but not everyone is willing to fork out another US$60 for half of what they already had, especially since Project CARS will also have its content expanding prior to the release and cost of living is also getting higher. A lot of gamers do not want SMS to fall into the path of darkness where EA and Ubisoft is following, charging insane amounts of money for content they already given previously.

Instead, I was hoping you can discuss with the board of directors to follow what a certain game developer did with their game although it is of a different genre, which is to allow the consumer who already had Project CARS to purchase an upgrade package to play Project CARS 2. The upgrade package should cost whatever additions that the previous game didn't have to make it justifiable and unlocks only if you play it for X number of hours. The package also performs a clean wipe to any save data from the previous game and denies the consumer from playing it as if he only bought the second game. The benefits for this business model includes;

1) Assurance for players who already spent so much time and money on Project CARS.
2) An increase in fan base knowing how 'clean' SMS business model is.
3) Potential increase in support in future development of Project CARS series
4) A new trend in business model for major game developing companies to follow

Although this business model will not generate as much financial profit as opposed to releasing a completely new game at full price but do consider the negative impact already brought to the consumer base by announcing the production of the second series out of the blue. I also feel that the public announcement for the crowd investment for the development of Project CARS 2 should be released later to avoid mass refunds from consumers in Steam.

I hope you can take this suggestion seriously and would be nice to let us know what your plans are to make current players feel more assured.

Thank you for your time.

Yours Sincerely,
ME4TMAN

P.S. Moderators, please lock this thread after anyone from SMS replies. I do not want this to become a flaming thread unless they wanted to keep this open for reasons.

BDR Daz
23-06-2015, 08:29
Dear SMS staff,

As a gamer who followed closely and passionately plays your game, I am surprised at the announcement of the development of Project CARS 2 when the game was released barely a month ago and still laden with a few bugs.

This is nothing new, As soon as Forza 6 ships they will be working on Forza 7, just like the Call of Duty series does, Halo, Fallout etc etc ... The difference is those are all shrouded in secrecy

SMS have asked us to join in the development from an early stage

Though I know that the second game will not come anytime soon and promises at least twice as much content but not everyone is willing to fork out another US$60 for half of what they already had, especially since Project CARS will also have its content expanding prior to the release and cost of living is also getting higher

You arent forced to pay anything until the game comes out in 2 years ... whats the problem ? they are asking you if you wanna pay up front for the game and be able to mold the game with others early on ...

The cost of living is going up for the Devs to ...

2) An increase in fan base knowing how 'clean' SMS business model is.

I dont see how it is a "Dirty" business model, in fact the parity we are being shown is a lot Cleaner than any other company

3) Potential increase in support in future development of Project CARS series

The support will be there anyway ...

I also feel that the public announcement for the crowd investment for the development of Project CARS 2 should be released later to avoid mass refunds from consumers in Steam.

Why? again all SMS have told us is what we already know and invites us to join them on the journey ...