PDA

View Full Version : TH8A Shifter Not Recognised

tonypbeck
23-06-2015, 09:11
Hi Everyone,

Just updated firmware to v49 and the TX wheel feels fantastic now.

Connected the TH8A shifter and it is not recognised, it works son is playing Forza Horizon.

Any ideas?

Regards

Tony

nissan4ever
23-06-2015, 12:40
While on Xbox One dashboard, try the following.

Disconnect base usb & electrical connection. Then disconnect the TH8A shifter (the metal screw like thing is fine disconnect point).

Plug wheel back to electricity and then connect the usb. Let the wheel fully calibrate. Disconnect usb & electricity. Reconnect the TH8A shifter. Plug wheel back to wall & usb port. Let wheel calibrate.

Hopefully you'll be good to go :)

tonypbeck
23-06-2015, 15:42
Will give it a go, thank you

did you have the same issue?

nissan4ever
23-06-2015, 15:50
Not exactly what you had. One time I lost ffb before an online race. I unplugged wheel (usb & power) real quickly. Then plugged it back up just as quick. The wheel would then calibrate, but then cut off. I tried several times of cutting it on & let it calibrate with no success. It puzzled me. I then decided to disconnect my TH8A. Then I plugged it back up & let it calibrate. Worked fine. I disconnected usb & power. Reconnected the shifter. Then plugged up power & usb. Wheel calibrated & everything was back in normal working order :)

So in my case, I think it was because I unplugged & re-plugged it up to fast. First & only time it's happened to me.

Sparkbr
23-06-2015, 16:54
I'm having some troubles with my TH8A using the H pattern shifter.
I can't use this correctly. When i reduce 5th gear to 2th or 3th my car reduce the gear to 4th. I don't know if this is a bug, but i can't use the H shifter with all cars.

Sorry for my english.

stux
23-06-2015, 17:04
Your car might have a sequential gear box

nissan4ever
23-06-2015, 17:55
I'm having some troubles with my TH8A using the H pattern shifter.
I can't use this correctly. When i reduce 5th gear to 2th or 3th my car reduce the gear to 4th. I don't know if this is a bug, but i can't use the H shifter with all cars.

Sorry for my english.

If the car in real life has a sequential gear box, then going from 5th to 2nd isn't possible. Why, because those trans down shift in sequential order. I recommend using paddle shifters for those cars.

Cars like the Formula Rookie or BMW 320 Turbo Group 5, have gated manual shifters. Therefore, you can do the whole from 4th to 2nd. This game simulates the trans to the "T", it appears.