PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars 2 - Question for Devs (Answered)

ThreeAngryOwls
23-06-2015, 12:07
I wouldn't normally create a thread directly aimed at addressing the developers of the game, although I don't think I'm alone in thinking this. After hearing about the announcement of Project Cars 2, I saw that it aimed to have co-op career, new weather and so on. My question is this:

What's the reason for making an entirely new game that builds on the features of the current one rather than supporting the current game with these new features?

I saw somewhere in the threads that Project Cars was due to be supported throughout the coming years, it just seems like it would work better for the game if the content was added to that, and perhaps charged to sustain your costs apposed to making an entirely new game. Adding snow, co-op career, new cars and tracks - Wouldn't this be possible to add to the current game, and require less effort than rebuilding an entirely new game?

Just curious is all :)

Thanks

Owls

Umer Ahmad
23-06-2015, 12:12
It could just be "project risk". New features mean new bugs right? And now pcars1.0 is a "production" system, it's live. So there's more punishment if something breaks.

pCARS2 is pretty much risk-less right now. It can accept much higher level of bugs and new features.

bjosim
23-06-2015, 12:15
The answer is capitalism. They have an obligation to shareholders and owners to increase profits whenever possible. A new game would be more profitable, and Mr Bell would probably have to answer to a few people if he did not do it like this. Technically it is of course possible to just update the same game forever, but at some point they would either have to charge for updates and DLC, or they can make a new game whenever sufficiently new additions are planned.

Edit:
Plus, as he said, it let's them start a little more from scratch.

Siberian Tiger
23-06-2015, 12:16
The underlaying Engine in pCars is just not designed for the things that pCars 2 will have :)

A Game that constantly is Evolving (even slowly) like iRacing Needs a Monthly Subscription to maintain it.
(Remember eg. DX11 Support is only coming now on iRacing... It's a Major overhaul)

With a new Game you can push the Boundaries even further ;)

DragonSyr
23-06-2015, 12:17
What's the reason for making an entirely new game that builds on the features of the current one rather than supporting the current game with these new features?

one of the reasons is the tyre physics in dirt. a totaly new project.

you can find other reasons there
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32522-NO-THAT-S-HOW-GAME-DEVELOPMENT-WORKS-So-Project-CARS-was-cancelled

ssijak
23-06-2015, 12:22
Next game is logical, BUT with at least 2 year cycles. One year cycle is not enough for this kind of game.

ThreeAngryOwls
23-06-2015, 12:23
Ok, thanks for the responses. ^^ Wasn't ranting or anything, was just curious. Not sure how these things work. :)

Siberian Tiger
23-06-2015, 12:24
No one speak for 1 Year, i think this wouldn't even be possible for SMS^^

Calculate with 2 Years, probably a bit more. (The Community again will be pushing SMS to it's limit^^)

ssijak
23-06-2015, 12:27
Yes, I know it will not be 1 year, just reiterating, because people rant like there will be project cars game every other month.

stux
23-06-2015, 12:36
Dirt physics ;)

danpinho
23-06-2015, 12:39
Thats what happens when you open a direct channel with customers…
I'm a marketing professional and worked with many world wide companies and in IMO, they are doing what they should be…

Where those people live? Earth? I don't think so!

Lets take Mr. bjosim comment above:
Does this man live in N. Corea? Does you work for free Mr. or what? If you run a lillte store, you go for profit. If you behind a desk and have "PIA" boss you have obligations either.

The OP guy for instance:
Tell me just one studio in this very planet that didn't make a sequence from one title after the first one being successul?

C'mon geniuses, maybe we should go and ask SMS to stop any future projects and just fix the bugs we have right now.
In a few years they shutdown the company, there will be nobody here to answear stupid questions around here and we go back to our older titles that DOES the same thing. Yes Alice, they launch a new title every other year. If you just arrive earth, We had GT5 before GT6, can you figure backwords? 4, 3, 2 GT.
I'm sorry but I can't stant stupidity.

ssijak
23-06-2015, 12:42
I feel madness is strong with this one ↑

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130810203813/starwars/images/d/df/Yoda's_hover_chair.png

Phishfinger
23-06-2015, 13:11
I know there are some complaints already but one major issue, if we're having snow can we please have some snowmen in place of tyre walls? It would be fun knocking them down and getting a windscreen full of snowman guts, maybe his carrot nose could bounce off and roll down the track in the rear view mirror?

NemethR
23-06-2015, 13:22
I would really like to know, if PCars2 will still have a focus on Circuit racing, as PCars does, and just add other mostorsport disciplines, or will it focus on loose surface racing mainly?

Since if it will have anything PCars has, + additional racing classes, that would be something I would really gladyl be part of.
If on the other hand, PCars2 will not have a focus on Circuit racing like PCars has, then it would be a no go for me.

Slicker_VR
23-06-2015, 13:36
No one speak for 1 Year, i think this wouldn't even be possible for SMS^^

Calculate with 2 Years, probably a bit more. (The Community again will be pushing SMS to it's limit^^)

not the console community!!! once again there is no access for console users to wmd, meaning no open beta testing on consoles

t0daY
23-06-2015, 13:39
not the console community!!! once again there is no access for console users to wmd, meaning no open beta testing on consoles

Thats not completly true... I read somewhere (dunno where sorry :/) a comment from Mr. Bell that they will try to get at least some builds to the ps4/xb1. Nothing is sure, but there could be chance that consoleplayers will see some alpha/beta builds :)

Ian Bell

You're not much of a reader.

ssijak
Complain to sony and microsoft about that.

Ian Bell
23-06-2015, 13:40
We're opening to Xbox 'early access' as soon as it's live. We're hoping Sony implement a similar system.

t0daY
23-06-2015, 13:41
We're opening to Xbox 'early access' as soon as it's live. We're hoping Sony implement a similar system.

You are really fast Ian :P

Slicker_VR
23-06-2015, 13:43
]oh, and here's another question that needs answering - WHY WAS MY THREAD ABOUT PCARS 2 REMOVED AND WHY DID SOUNDMAN GET BANNED FOR LIFE FROM THIS FORUM??
i doubt this will be answered or even stay on for long enough to be read by many, but wtf - it's worth a try

ian2726
23-06-2015, 13:43
So can I give you my 100 and be confident I can test it on Xbox one?
I will give little useful info as I'm a very average gamer.

Ian Bell
23-06-2015, 13:44
So can I give you my 100 and be confident I can test it on Xbox one?
I will give little useful info as I'm a very average gamer.

So long as it doesn't take Microsoft more than a couple of years to open their early access system then yes.

ian2726
23-06-2015, 13:47
OK I'm sold. Payday you can have it.
Now if you could just send me your bank details, mothers maiden name etc I'll get it put in your bank :D

Slicker_VR
23-06-2015, 13:49
You're not much of a reader.

i was going by what i READ when i went to the wmd portal, and i'm getting quite tired of your offensive attitude to anyone who dares to question you

FA RACING 01
23-06-2015, 13:52
i was going by what i READ when i went to the wmd portal, and i'm getting quite tired of your offensive attitude to anyone who dares to question you

AND you are very tiresome yourself.

Slicker_VR
23-06-2015, 13:52
]oh, and here's another question that needs answering - WHY WAS MY THREAD ABOUT PCARS 2 REMOVED AND WHY DID SOUNDMAN GET BANNED FOR LIFE FROM THIS FORUM??
i doubt this will be answered or even stay on for long enough to be read by many, but wtf - it's worth a try

CORRECTION - IT HASN'T BEEN DELETED JUST EFFECTIVELY BURIED BY MERGING WITH THIS THREAD - MUCH THE SAME EFFECT

wraithsrike
23-06-2015, 13:53

Why does it need answering? No let me, because you say so, right?

Slicker_VR
23-06-2015, 13:57
AND you are very tiresome yourself.

why? is it because i'm still waiting for the game i've already paid for - you know, the one where you can use the pits without fear of getting wrong tyres/wrong pressures/wrong fuel load/stuck in the pits for the remainder of a 44lap race, the one that doesn't keep resetting your car setups, the one where the feedback works every time you leave the pits, the one where you don't get stuck in bumper cam when the room's set to cockpit view, etc. etc, the one that basically works??

FA RACING 01
23-06-2015, 14:07
why? is it because i'm still waiting for the game i've already paid for - you know, the one where you can use the pits without fear of getting wrong tyres/wrong pressures/wrong fuel load/stuck in the pits for the remainder of a 44lap race, the one that doesn't keep resetting your car setups, the one where the feedback works every time you leave the pits, the one where you don't get stuck in bumper cam when the room's set to cockpit view, etc. etc, the one that basically works??

Not at all. It's more the always negative odour that accompanies your messages. All the problems you mentioned are listed, so reading it on the list and then 500 more times on the forum makes it very difficult for the rest of us to find value adding info from the developers. Perhaps it's just time that you start trusting them, not doing so is not gonna make any difference anyway.

Like you, I had problems, but reported them [decently with no attitude] and they were all listed by the mods and solved.

Ian Bell
23-06-2015, 14:10

And I've read your last 15 whingy moaning repetitive posts.

Try to read around as the answers to your last whinge are on the forum.

Ian Bell
23-06-2015, 14:11
CORRECTION - IT HASN'T BEEN DELETED JUST EFFECTIVELY BURIED BY MERGING WITH THIS THREAD - MUCH THE SAME EFFECT

Don't shout here please. Try to control yourself. You're coming across as a bit of a whacko.

Joeri Blootacker
23-06-2015, 14:14
@Slicker_VR while i can understand that you might have some issues with the game, ranting like this will bring you nothing.
when will people start to learn that being polite brings you alot further, rather than going into the attack.

the issues you are mentioning in the above post, are all being worked on by the devs.

Ps : yes, both the WMD members and some of our Dev's can be a bit sarcastic sometimes, or harsh in responding, but if they have to answer the same questions or behaviour time after time after time,.... well, most likely it is a matter of trying to make it clear once and for all.

---edit----

ninja'ed by our boss :)

Rug22
23-06-2015, 14:14
So long as it doesn't take Microsoft more than a couple of years to open their early access system then yes.

Would this be a similar case with Sony and possible ps4 testing of pcars 2 in the future?

Ian Bell
23-06-2015, 14:15
@Slicker_VR while i can understand that you might have some issues with the game, ranting like this will bring you nothing.
when will people start to learn that being polite brings you alot further, rather than going into the attack.

the issues you are mentioning in the above post, are all being worked on by the devs.

Ps : yes, both the WMD members and some of our Dev's can be a bit sarcastic sometimes, or harsh in responding, but if they have to answer the same questions or behaviour time after time after time,.... well, most likely it is a matter of trying to make it clear once and for all.

Joeri. This chap doesn't want answers or possible solutions. I've read all of his posts, believe me I know.

Ian Bell
23-06-2015, 14:16
Would this be a similar case with Sony and possible ps4 testing of pcars 2 in the future?

We're hoping Sony introduce something similar yes.

Umer Ahmad
23-06-2015, 14:17

There is no information about Sony at this time. Ian mentioned IF Sony makes something available SMS would try to make use of it. IF

o Mike V o
23-06-2015, 14:24
Why make an official announcement for Pcars 2 so early? I can't remember the last time a game developer announced a sequel so quickly after the original was launched. It feels like it gives negative impressions on the current game.

PCars 2 sounds cool but it feels like an eternity away, I will probably become a WMD member if it becomes available on Xbox One though.

Ian Bell
23-06-2015, 14:28
Why make an official announcement for Pcars 2 so early? I can't remember the last time a game developer announced a sequel so quickly after the original was launched. It feels like it gives negative impressions on the current game.

PCars sounds cool but it feels like an eternity away, I will probably become a WMD member if it becomes available on Xbox One though.

Because we've started on it now. If we didn't we wouldn't be starting on it with the public, as we promised we would... We could leave announcing it until 6 months before release in a couple of years time, but can you see how that might not be ''Users helping us make a game'?

Slicker_VR
23-06-2015, 14:50
Not at all. It's more the always negative odour that accompanies your messages. All the problems you mentioned are listed, so reading it on the list and then 500 more times on the forum makes it very difficult for the rest of us to find value adding info from the developers. Perhaps it's just time that you start trusting them, not doing so is not gonna make any difference anyway.

Like you, I had problems, but reported them [decently with no attitude] and they were all listed by the mods and solved.

i have politely reported some issues, others i haven't bothered because others had already done so. i have also backed the developers in some threads and voiced positive views on others. yes my views expressed in this thread are negative, because i feel the tone and timing of the pcars 2 announcement was inappropriate, in view of the fact we're still waiting for many known issues, some minor, some game-wrecking to be solved.

but heck, if you got all your problems solved that's all that matters, isn't it?

Pr3t3nd3r
23-06-2015, 14:59
But the lowest price of entering in pcars 2 project is 50. Why is that? Why not enabling a bit lower entry price like 10€ or 25€? oO

Umer Ahmad
23-06-2015, 15:04
But the lowest price of entering in pcars 2 project is 50. Why is that? Why not enabling a bit lower entry price like 10€ or 25€? oO
To keep out the guys that are NOT serious about pcars2. Thats the honest answer.

RomKnight
23-06-2015, 15:04
If you're serious about it is not the price that will stop you.

Price and value are two different things ;)

/edit

@Umer,

double post ninja now? C'mon... Why are this things always happening to me ? :D

Slicker_VR
23-06-2015, 15:05
Joeri. This chap doesn't want answers or possible solutions. I've read all of his posts, believe me I know.

wrong, mate, i do want solutions, not sarcasm. and if you've read ALL my posts then you'll know that i love what you've tried to achieve in this game, but am getting a bit weary of the limits placed on us by the bugs and glitches, i just want it to work properly, please, so that i can enjoy it to the full.

my original post, by the way, came on the back of a night's racing where 2 guys eventually gave up trying to get the view/feedback issues sorted and quit, i struggled through a 20 min race with 'dead' ffb, and several others also had issues and finding the pcars2 announcement, with it's apparent smug satisfaction about pcars 1, was just a bit much for me.
and btw, i do understand how developers work, i just thought sms were a bit above the norm and might just have used the resources being put into pcars 2 to help sort pcars 1 first.
sorry if i was wrong about you

Synner40
23-06-2015, 15:11
hell I want caution laps now. or at least incorporated in the oval tracks. or else it would be a wreck fest.

edit looks like the post I was trying to quote/reply to vanished. ignore this.

Umer Ahmad
23-06-2015, 15:12
"and btw, i do understand how developers work, i just thought sms were a bit above the norm and might just have used the resources being put into pcars 2 to help sort pcars 1 first. "

They have car/track guys ready to start building stuff. Should Ian pay them to do nothing while the Controller/FFB guy fixes pcars1?

Slicker_VR
23-06-2015, 15:38

---edit----

ninja'ed by our boss :)

i wasn't complaining about specific bugs, just listing a few of the known issues which are still spoiling my enjoyment of the game and still need fixing.

when i tried a polite thread asking for the ability to watch the race in the online lobbies - it took a whole month to elicit an official response - nuff said

MonoBarrientos
23-06-2015, 15:49
Good games continues naturally. The normal cicle fo new franchises is: a first excelent game, maybe an instant classic. / then, a masterfully second part. / then the third part very "continuist".... in 4,5,6 game is totally different, or maybe crap jaja. Obviously there is good exceptions . / Pcars 1 in my opinion was an instant classic, only need polish for to be a masterpiece, but is a powerfull start. My best wishes for the franchise, i only hope SMS still working in some aspects of the present game..
Regards

jaymondo
23-06-2015, 15:53
Too soon, in fact almost insulting to all of us who have purchased the game, let alone the guys who originally crowd funded the "current" one. So much needs to be done to complete this project, (car setup load and save would be nice) and the fear of crowd funding disaster of the new product loosing funding to finish this one, is very real.

Its a sad day.

BSDShoes
23-06-2015, 15:58
^ yup too soon and insulting.

Aldo Zampatti
23-06-2015, 16:00
Too soon, in fact almost insulting to all of us who have purchased the game, let alone the guys who originally crowd funded the "current" one. So much needs to be done to complete this project, (car setup load and save would be nice) and the fear of crowd funding disaster of the new product loosing funding to finish this one, is very real.

Its a sad day.

IF PCARS2 is complete in 3 months from now, I would agree with you, but PCARS1 will be alive for LONG time before PCARS2 even reaches beta. This is how game development process just work, it would be naive to think that a game is started to being development 6 months before launch when you see the E3 teaser.

Only difference is that SMS is honest and transparent and true to the "we want the community to be involved" word

wraithsrike
23-06-2015, 16:13
Ian how / when are we likely to know if early access comes to xbox? I'd really like to be apart of P2 but I'm not really up on computers and stuff like that, I just enjoy the game.

Will this xbox early access be made known on the forum in time to join?
Thanks in advance

Rayge
23-06-2015, 17:45
People here talking about "too soon" are about as smart as a pile of bricks. It took almost 4 years for the last game to be completed. NeoGAF is just as bad concerning this announcement. Blows my mind how many consumers lack the brain cells to think something through before they go off and start spouting off ignorant comments.

babazulu
23-06-2015, 17:48
I wouldn't normally create a thread directly aimed at addressing the developers of the game, although I don't think I'm alone in thinking this. After hearing about the announcement of Project Cars 2, I saw that it aimed to have co-op career, new weather and so on. My question is this:

Just curious is all :)

Thanks

Owls

Money!
Sheeps will buy sequel even if the first game isn't finished yet.
What am I talking about ? Multiplayer... for me, 50% finished, there is a looooots of work to do it.
I would need A4 page to summarize what's wrong and unfinished in multiplayer. Servers and server browsing is a joke.

It's like any other multiplayer game nowdays, sadly. Battlefield 4 for example.
:(

Slicker_VR
23-06-2015, 17:48
"and btw, i do understand how developers work, i just thought sms were a bit above the norm and might just have used the resources being put into pcars 2 to help sort pcars 1 first. "

They have car/track guys ready to start building stuff. Should Ian pay them to do nothing while the Controller/FFB guy fixes pcars1?

quite a few of the known bugs are track related,so why not use the track guys to sort the track issues?

Slicker_VR
23-06-2015, 17:52
Don't shout here please. Try to control yourself. You're coming across as a bit of a whacko.

i won't say what you're starting to come across as...

wraithsrike
23-06-2015, 17:55
i won't say what you're starting to come across as...

Then why say anything at all.

Slicker_VR
23-06-2015, 17:56
People here talking about "too soon" are about as smart as a pile of bricks. It took almost 4 years for the last game to be completed. NeoGAF is just as bad concerning this announcement. Blows my mind how many consumers lack the brain cells to think something through before they go off and start spouting off ignorant comments.

mods, please note

bjosim
23-06-2015, 19:44
Lets take Mr. bjosim comment above:
Does this man live in N. Corea? Does you work for free Mr. or what? If you run a lillte store, you go for profit. If you behind a desk and have "PIA" boss you have obligations either.

How did you know where I live? I never said capitalism is bad though, but he asked why and it is like I said. Whether that's the way it should be is another discussion, but I have to go, Supreme Leader is calling on me :)

wraithsrike
23-06-2015, 19:48
How did you know where I live? I never said capitalism is bad though, but he asked why and it is like I said. Whether that's the way it should be is another discussion, but I have to go, Supreme Leader is calling on me :)

He traced your ip address lol

BSDShoes
23-06-2015, 22:24

Here's a comment from another discussion elsewhere, do you think this is accurate or not?

The entire point of their first crowd fund campaign was to get capital to make a product to sell. If they already have that product to sell, why do they need MORE money to create additional products? Either they are managed by incompetence OR they aren't selling their product. Either way doesn't bode well for a sequel.

cudirage13
24-06-2015, 00:19
I'm excited that a 2nd one is coming and all but SMS please don't put Project CARS on the back burner now...

Ranger099
24-06-2015, 01:16
Because we've started on it now. If we didn't we wouldn't be starting on it with the public, as we promised we would... We could leave announcing it until 6 months before release in a couple of years time, but can you see how that might not be ''Users helping us make a game'?

Ian, the problem is the average lemming is seduced by the propaganda of the typical company - even when 99% of the time it's corp-speak that only suits the corporate interest under the guise of being customer focused. Gullibility is a tragic affliction. The reality is that you set the standard for superb, transparent communication. You don't pretend that pCars 1 gets ALL your attention. Only a fool would stop moving forward and commit all resources to patching a released game.

Lemmings want to believe this crap - as if perfect software is a) possible; and b) practical given the infinite variety of hardware configs on PC. You get it to 90% and keep tweaking while working on what's next so you don't become extinct. You represent reasonable reality of finishing what your started WHILE securing future revenue/success. The naive experts have run nothing more than a lemonade stand in their lives yet they speak with such remarkable confidence about how you should/should not operate.

Keep doing what you do, you earn every penny of my money.

Robski
24-06-2015, 01:33
Lemmings want to believe this crap - as if perfect software is a) possible; and b) practical given the infinite variety of hardware configs on PC.

How about PS4 and XBONE? Calling people lemmings isn't cool btw, I've seen people getting banned for a lot less than that.

Bkim
24-06-2015, 01:35
I'd rather would fund patches, than funding Pcars 2 at the moment. I cant imagine that a new version is needed to build to create a good solid AI that do pits in variable weather?

spinkick
24-06-2015, 01:45
Guys... there is a team that is working on pcars 1 for at least another YEAR. The endless whinging in here is insane. You have dev's at your disposal to answer a bunch of questions about cool things and all you can do is whine. This is not slowing down development on pcars 1, this is just that they are starting design on pcars 2, and the reason that they announce it so SOON is because they involve those that want a hand in the development a chance to say what they want to say from the very START. This was always planned. This does not take away from pcars 1, there will be dlc and free dlc for another year on pcars one. Chill the hell out. Going on and on about your pet issue does not make it get fixed quicker nor motivate someone to take your special issue as their personal mission.

These people are capable of making an incredibly complex game, you dont have to tell them 3 times to fix something.

What sort of example of things can we vote on as WMD members?

Robski
24-06-2015, 01:50
Guys... there is a team that is working on pcars 1 for at least another YEAR. The endless whinging in here is insane. You have dev's at your disposal to answer a bunch of questions about cool things and all you can do is whine. This is not slowing down development on pcars 1, this is just that they are starting design on pcars 2, and the reason that they announce it so SOON is because they involve those that want a hand in the development a chance to say what they want to say from the very START. This was always planned. This does not take away from pcars 1, there will be dlc and free dlc for another year on pcars one. Chill the hell out.

What sort of example of things can we vote on as WMD members?

They moved the majority of devs to work on pCARS2. Simple maths tells me it will impact pCARS. You loose workforce, your development will be impacted.

spinkick
24-06-2015, 01:54
They moved the majority of devs to work on pCARS2. Simple maths tells me it will impact pCARS. You loose workforce, your development will be impacted.

I'd imagine they have a timetable and allocate their resources how they see fit. If you think you could do better you should apply. How could you possibly know if a majority was moved?

Robski
24-06-2015, 02:01
I'd imagine they have a timetable and allocate their resources how they see fit. If you think you could do better you should apply. How could you possibly know if a majority was moved?

So you think that the majority is still working on patching pCARS, rather than working on a brand new project from scratch? You sure make sense.

Harvey
24-06-2015, 02:15
This is just getting a bit ridiculous. The first one has major problems and you are announcing the second? It has nothing to do with individual PC builds/setups it is the game that is broken. My experience is that you complain about issues in the game and you either get locked, blocked or abused. Hardly impressive when these people have paid money and expect some sort of quality or at least reassurance that the issue will be resolved (and clearly, a lot of them haven't).

I wish you well in your future ventures, but you'll never get another cent out of me. My advice would be fix the first one first, then start on the second, because it does make those who have paid for it feel ripped off when the focus shifts to the sequel. This whole mess has been a huge disappointment.

spinkick
24-06-2015, 06:20
So you think that the majority is still working on patching pCARS, rather than working on a brand new project from scratch? You sure make sense.

no, I know that they are working on patching pCARS as well as making DLC which they promised that they would make. I have no reason to doubt them, and they have already said over and over again that they are supporting their game. Why are you complaining, are you new to PC gaming?

spinkick
24-06-2015, 06:20
This is just getting a bit ridiculous. The first one has major problems and you are announcing the second? It has nothing to do with individual PC builds/setups it is the game that is broken. My experience is that you complain about issues in the game and you either get locked, blocked or abused. Hardly impressive when these people have paid money and expect some sort of quality or at least reassurance that the issue will be resolved (and clearly, a lot of them haven't).

I wish you well in your future ventures, but you'll never get another cent out of me. My advice would be fix the first one first, then start on the second, because it does make those who have paid for it feel ripped off when the focus shifts to the sequel. This whole mess has been a huge disappointment.

Yeah Harvey, they are all done with the first one. no more patches or anything. Do you read? This is how the industry works, studios always start on other projects, they just dont announce them until they are well into the project. The reason they HAVE announced it is because they want folks to take part in developing it. But folks like you are probably making them regret their transparency.

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 06:40
Thanks spinkick, I feel like I'm in Groundhog Day, but the cycle is every minute.

Bardolph
24-06-2015, 07:05
Papyrus:
Indianapolis 500: The Simulation (1989)
IndyCar Racing (1993)
NASCAR Racing (1994)
NASCAR Racing for the Sony PlayStation (1996)
IndyCar Racing II (1995)
NASCAR Racing 2 (1996)
SODA Off-Road Racing (1997)
Grand Prix Legends (1998)
NASCAR Legends (1999)
NASCAR Racing 1999 Edition (1999)
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Racing (1999)
NASCAR Racing 3 (1999)
NASCAR Racing 4 (2001)
NASCAR Racing 2002 Season (2002)
NASCAR Racing 2003 Season (2003)

Codemasters:
TOCA Touring Car Championship (1997)
Touring Car Challenge (1997)
TOCA 2 Touring Cars (1999)
Jarrett and Labonte Stock Car Racing (2000)
Colin McRae Rally 2.0 (2000)
Pro Race Driver (2002)
TOCA Race Driver (2002)
Colin McRae Rally 3 (2003)
IndyCar Series (2003)
Colin McRae Rally 04 (2004)
TOCA Race Driver 2 (2004)
IndyCar Series 2005 (2004)
Colin McRae Rally 2005 (2004)
TOCA Race Driver 3 (2006)
Colin McRae Dirt (2007)
Race Driver: Grid (2008)
Dirt 2 (2009)
F1 2009 (2009)
F1 2010 (2010)
Dirt 3 (2011)
F1 2011 (2011)
Dirt Showdown (2012)
F1 2012 (2012)
Grid 2 (2013)
F1 2013 (2013)
Grid: Autosport (2014)
F1 2014 (2014)
F1 2015 (2015)
Dirt Rally (2015)

ISI:

Sports Car GT (1999)
F1 2000 (2000)
F1 Championship Season 2000 (2000)
F1 2001 (2001)
F1 2002 (2002)
NASCAR Thunder 2003 (2002)
F1 Challenge 99-02 (2003)
rFactor (2005)
rFactor Pro (2008)
Superleague Formula 2009 (2009)
rFactor 2 (2012)

Simbin:

GTR-FIA GT Racing (2005)
GT Legends (2005)
GTR2-FIA GT Racing (2006)
Race The Official WTTC Game (2006)
Race 07 (2007)
Race Pro (2009)
Volvo (2009)
RaceRoom (2010)
Real-time Racing (2011)
Race-Room 2 (2011)
Race Injection (2011)
RaceRoom Racing Experience (2012)
DTM Experience (2013)

A new Forza every other year.
A new GT every third year.

Look at all those dastardly racing game makers...making so many games, sometimes more than one a year. Were you all whining about it back when Papy was doing it? I don't recall this much whining when NASCAR Legends followed GPL the next year, but maybe I missed it when I rushed out to pick up a copy. Hell, they put out 4 games in 1999.

UMadBro
24-06-2015, 07:26
So P. Cars 2 is gonna be on Wii U? :D

FA RACING 01
24-06-2015, 07:28

U mad bro ?

Bealdor
24-06-2015, 07:30

No.

UMadBro
24-06-2015, 07:53
U mad bro ?

Wot? You stealin' mah name?

No.

Nuh-uh. I'm waiting for the head of SMS.

Bealdor
24-06-2015, 08:01
Nuh-uh. I'm waiting for the head of SMS.

Keep waiting. While doing that I advice you to read the announcement (http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/announcing-project-cars-2-sign-up-now/) and answer your question yourself:

Project CARS 2 will be released for the PC, Sony’s Playstation 4, Microsoft’s Xbox One and Steam OS.

justonce68
24-06-2015, 08:22
Guys they are building a very complex game on multiple platforms, this isn't Connect 4, it will take a couple of years minimum I would imagine.
Reassurances have come thick and fast about supporting PCARS 1 for the long term. Every thread appears to be Hijacked by the haters/moaners/whiners, and makes reading a lot of them tiresome for me, god knows how the staff and mods have the patience for this.
One thing I have learnt in my 47 years apart from, if you scratch your bum you get a smelly fingers is........You cant educate Pork!

RomKnight
24-06-2015, 08:49
UmadBro was clearly being sarcastic...

UMadBro
24-06-2015, 10:55
UmadBro was clearly being sarcastic...

I wasn't actually being sarcastic, do you how many game devs have passed the Wii U because of lies? Hundreds of them, it's getting outright ridiculous! And to add salt to the wound, I know SMS learnt quite a bit from the so-called 'AAA' game developers. What happened to the joy of making video games?! t-t

RomKnight
24-06-2015, 12:21
took it wrong from the smile on your post. my mistake. won't happen again.

I couldn't care less about wiiU though. I already have a wii and do ds's and i don't sell them because i can't :D (should mean something)

jaymondo
24-06-2015, 16:08
I think you need to rethink your pile of bricks comments, think about it if you may, okay, takes 4 years max (it wont, as they obviously like a bit of cash, it will be 2 or less), 2 years to develop the new game,but it wont be all new, obviously, as most of the code is already done (and things like the physics are world class BTW if you think Im just a hater) its just adding new features, maybe optimising here and there, most of the time will be spent with the artists on graphics at a guess. Hardly the need to crowd fund that. If there was the need for reinvestment, this could of easily achieved through DLC. My concern, and by the looks of it, lots of others who have invested, is that this product, the one we have just purchased, will never get completed. Sounds like a solid argument to me, and something they need to answer.

But maybe we are just a pile of bricks..., but a lot of them.

Patch2K
24-06-2015, 16:31
I think you need to rethink your pile of bricks comments, think about it if you may, okay, takes 4 years max (it wont, as they obviously like a bit of cash, it will be 2 or less), 2 years to develop the new game,but it wont be all new, obviously, as most of the code is already done (and things like the physics are world class BTW if you think Im just a hater) its just adding new features, maybe optimising here and there, most of the time will be spent with the artists on graphics at a guess. Hardly the need to crowd fund that. If there was the need for reinvestment, this could of easily achieved through DLC. My concern, and by the looks of it, lots of others who have invested, is that this product, the one we have just purchased, will never get completed. Sounds like a solid argument to me, and something they need to answer.

But maybe we are just a pile of bricks..., but a lot of them.

I think you need to fully read and understand the announcements on this, it should be very easy to grasp but I will start at the beginning.

You understand that all developers (nay anyone who produces anything ever) moves on to the next job when they have finished their part of the current job?

If you are building a bridge, the people who specialise in making the foundations that go in first will design the foundation, make them and then put them in. There are people who then work with the people putting the legs (note technical term) on to make sure they all fit nicely and help if there are any other issues. Do you then want the people who made the foundations to sit around for the next 2 years with their thumbs up their arses whilst you pay them waiting for everyone else to do their job? They cant help anymore, they may as well do something useful like start on another bridge.

I cant put it any simpler for you.

You paid 2 quid for the last DLC, how far do you think that gets a full time team of people? you invested the price of the game, same as I did, which wont be in anyway affected by pcars 2.

Patch 2.0 has been announced by the probably large group of people whose sole job in life is Pcars1.

But then you sound like you know what work needs to be done to make a new game anyway...

Umer Ahmad
24-06-2015, 16:54
Some good pcars2 (vs pcars1) information in the link in my signature. jaymondo should read

Harvey
24-06-2015, 18:34
Yeah Harvey, they are all done with the first one. no more patches or anything. Do you read? This is how the industry works, studios always start on other projects, they just dont announce them until they are well into the project. The reason they HAVE announced it is because they want folks to take part in developing it. But folks like you are probably making them regret their transparency.

Like I said, I wish them well in their future ventures. I fail to see how starting a new project when the first one is still sub-par makes any sense, that is all. But, hey, what would I know? I'm just a dissatisfied paying customer who believed the hype and was disappointed with the 'finished' (ha!) product. I am also amazed at the offence that the developers and fanbois like yourself take when people ask quite reasonable questions on a public forum. Unfortunately some people fail to realise that they signed up for this sort of stuff when they took the job. That's the nature of criticism though, constructive or otherwise. Something about heat and the kitchen, you know how it goes.

Ranger099
24-06-2015, 22:02
I didn't call ANYONE specifically a lemming. It was a commentary on the average "believer" out there who falls for corp-speak propaganda. Sheesh, context clues.

Ranger099
24-06-2015, 22:09
Like I said, I wish them well in their future ventures. I fail to see how starting a new project when the first one is still sub-par makes any sense, that is all. But, hey, what would I know? I'm just a dissatisfied paying customer who believed the hype and was disappointed with the 'finished' (ha!) product. I am also amazed at the offence that the developers and fanbois like yourself take when people ask quite reasonable questions on a public forum. Unfortunately some people fail to realise that they signed up for this sort of stuff when they took the job. That's the nature of criticism though, constructive or otherwise. Something about heat and the kitchen, you know how it goes.

You're not asking a question. You believe pCARS 1 won't be finished - which is false - and you also believe that a game developer should finish a product completely without the need for patching before moving to pCARS 2 - which is quite naive. There is an obvious business reality driving dev of pCARS 2 - the only thing unique is that SMS is honest and lets us know NOW that they've divided their resources to work on pc1 and pc2. So you're essential upset by a studio that A) does what EVERYONE ELSE does; and B) Sets the standard for being more transparent and up front about it.

BTW, I'm certainly no fanboy - I'd be the first to call them out on BS.

Umer Ahmad
24-06-2015, 22:26
Did everyone not see the patch2.0 notes? (See link in my sig)
Did we not see the emergency response to the xbox problems in the past 24h?

How again is SMS not supporting pcars1 ?

Harvey, check the pcars2 link in my signature, should allay some of your concerns

spinkick
24-06-2015, 23:56

Gotta love internet arguments, if someone doesn't agree with you, immediately you are a troll or fanboi. Well, just to let you know, your questions have been addressed elsewhere 1000 times and if you would do a search, you would realize why the devs and most members of this forum find posts like yours so tiresome. Did you not see that the 2.0 patch notes? Sure looks abandoned, Harvey. Nobody likes to feel like their pet issue isbeing overlooked, but sweet jesus, look around, your concern has been addressed ad infinitum and just today they posted massive patch notes.

Just to answer your question, is that it makes sense for them to start pcars2 because right now, they have people that probably get paid for designing games. Right now, they have a shipped game that is not being designed any longer. The company needs to move forward and to employ those assets that have salaries, you need to give them something to do. So, they thought it would be okay to start on pcars2. The reason that you cry, is because you think that means that they are not dropping support for the current game.

This simply isnt true, they have already said they plan to support the game with patches and new content for at least for the next year (its planned and EVERYTHING, omigosh).

Repeat after me

They have not abandoned pCars (1 major patch out with another coming soon)
They have not abandoned pCars (the head of the studio and the other dev's discuss and troubleshoot issues on this very forum every single day, even in their personal time)
They have not abandoned pCars (DLC has been released and they are working on a track pack due some time in July)

Yes, its abandoned. Head for the hills!!

Harvey
25-06-2015, 00:15
You're the only one who seems to be arguing. "Like I said, I wish them well in their future ventures."

And which question of mine are you answering? Do you even know?!

spinkick
25-06-2015, 00:30
You're the only one who seems to be arguing. "Like I said, I wish them well in their future ventures."

And which question of mine are you answering? Do you even know?!

Mostly its a lot of crying about the game being abandoned.

Harvey
25-06-2015, 00:38
So the answer is 'no'. You're telling me to go and read?!

stux
25-06-2015, 00:39

Game development pipeline. Gotta keep it filled.

As a simple example, you don't need the "game designer" working on a game which is released. He should be working on the next game.

spinkick
25-06-2015, 00:40
So the answer is 'no'. You're telling me to go and read?!
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32673-(FAQ)-PCars2-quot-For-Dummies-quot

Hopefully this helps

Harvey
25-06-2015, 00:43
Not a troll or a fanboi? Hmm...

Aldo Zampatti
25-06-2015, 04:19
You guys take this fight to PM, no need to make this marital discussion public.

Aldo Zampatti
25-06-2015, 04:20
By the way, thread closed as question was answered.