PDA

View Full Version : T80 Issues

ROTTEN
23-06-2015, 13:19
Good day gents n' gals. I recently acquired a T80 racing wheel and I'm having a small issue with it which I'm sure has happened to others, but I can't seem to find any info on it. Basically the alignment is off. When you leave the wheel centered it is pulling to the left ever so slightly. Even during calibration you can see the wheel is not perfectly centered. I can't seem to find any info on this issue and I'm not sure if there are any adjustments I can make to rectify the situation. Any of you T80 users have a work around for this issue?

Thanks

ROTTEN
23-06-2015, 16:23
Nevermind. It seems the wheel just needed to be worked in a little. Now learning to use a steering wheel after using a controller for so long is a nightmare lol.

stella-stig
23-06-2015, 17:45
Mine used to do that it's to do with the elastic that's in side so I returned mine and got a t100

Mr.Smoke
23-06-2015, 22:24
Mine used to do that it's to do with the elastic that's in side so I returned mine and got a t100

T100>T80 all day. Cant imagine not having FFB.

girlracerTracey
23-06-2015, 22:45
Good day gents n' gals. I recently acquired a T80 racing wheel and I'm having a small issue with it which I'm sure has happened to others, but I can't seem to find any info on it. Basically the alignment is off. When you leave the wheel centered it is pulling to the left ever so slightly. Even during calibration you can see the wheel is not perfectly centered. I can't seem to find any info on this issue and I'm not sure if there are any adjustments I can make to rectify the situation. Any of you T80 users have a work around for this issue?

Thanks

I initially had a small glitch whereby my T80 was calibrated slightly incorrectly in game. So despite going through the calibration process when centered the steering was off to the left slightly when on track. Obviously felt horrible. All I think I did from memory was to disconnect the wheel (pull out the USB connector from the console) and then reconnect BUT in doing so make absolutely certain that the T80 wheel is "centred" perfectly as you plug it back in. Sort of play around with it a bit by disconnecting/reconnecting with the wheel perfectly centered. Also when you turn the console on first thing every session again make sure the T80 is perfectly centered as you do so. That cured it for me. I think when the T80s are new sometimes the bungee chords are too tight and do not centre the wheel properly. Once they're worn in a bit they're fine. I think that is what is throwing it out slightly in calibration as you turn on the console & start the game up etc. ..just make sure it's centered as you do so!

The T80 is a great wheel. I never run with FFB on in any racing game as it just slows me down so for me the T80 is perfect for the job at the price. I got mine secondhand from a guy outside Tescos for 40. I go hunting for T300 owners with my T80 with a predatory smile on my cheeky face..:friendly_wink:

grT

ROTTEN
24-06-2015, 17:34
I'm actually rather impressed by the T80. I don't need FFB so the T80 will do just fine.

Racer Pro
24-06-2015, 18:00
I like my t80 its a very good wheel for the price i dont need more.

girlracerTracey
24-06-2015, 22:03
I'm actually rather impressed by the T80. I don't need FFB so the T80 will do just fine.

Did my suggestion help you at all ROTTEN? Have you fixed the small miscalibration issue?

Hope you have got it sorted anyway.

grT :friendly_wink:

ROTTEN
25-06-2015, 16:38
Did my suggestion help you at all ROTTEN? Have you fixed the small miscalibration issue?

Hope you have got it sorted anyway.

grT :friendly_wink:

Yeah, thanks. The problem seems to have sorted itself out. It just needed to be man-handled a little ;) Loving the feel of the T80 right now and only paid $50 cad. I couldn't imagine paying $600 for a plastic steering wheel.