PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Full Lock

SteveSize01
23-06-2015, 13:58
Hello there

Just wanted to report a possible issue.

Im using TM TX wheel with xbox one and Ive noticed that whenever Im at full lock the wheel sticks there, I have to tug and snap it back into action. Im pretty sure I wasn't experiencing this before patch 1.4. This happens with all cars on all tracks as far as I can tell.

I have updated my firmware to the new 49.

I wonder if this is happening to any of you guys too?

Steve

Dan77 DESTROYER
23-06-2015, 14:26
Have had it a few times but not every time I'm on full lock

Reinart86
23-06-2015, 14:33
Same here

nissan4ever
23-06-2015, 15:15
Interesting. I haven't experienced that yet, but I'll keep an eye out if mine does & mention it here.

wlw145s
23-06-2015, 16:17
Hello there

Just wanted to report a possible issue.

Im using TM TX wheel with xbox one and Ive noticed that whenever Im at full lock the wheel sticks there, I have to tug and snap it back into action. Im pretty sure I wasn't experiencing this before patch 1.4. This happens with all cars on all tracks as far as I can tell.

I have updated my firmware to the new 49.

I wonder if this is happening to any of you guys too?

Steve

I'm having this exact same issue. I think it may be the firmware. I played a little bit with patch 1.4 and then updated the firmware the next day. I didn't notice the sticky lock before the firmware update. I'm going to see if I can revert back to firmware v48 tonight.

Del Zotto x82x
23-06-2015, 23:47
I am having the same exact issue.. Not on every car, but most cars do get stuck when I turn the wheel fully to one side or the other.. It really isn't fun when it does this.

SteveSize01
24-06-2015, 00:23
I am having the same exact issue.. Not on every car, but most cars do get stuck when I turn the wheel fully to one side or the other.. It really isn't fun when it does this.
Yeh I think you're right Del, I noticed one car behaving properly at full lock tonight but most have the issue. Hope it's not the firmware v49 like 'wlw145s' mentioned. Suppose all cars would be effected if that were the case though?

mkstatto
24-06-2015, 11:40
Yeh I think you're right Del, I noticed one car behaving properly at full lock tonight but most have the issue. Hope it's not the firmware v49 like 'wlw145s' mentioned. Suppose all cars would be effected if that were the case though?

Have exactly the same with the LMP 1 car around Lowes at Azure.

crunchy1X
24-06-2015, 11:50
I was reading the force feedback guide yesterday and I swear I saw something mentioned about a setting that can cause your steering to "stick" at the outer limits. I'm 99.9% positive that I read this but I can't find it now in the guide.

I think you guys should check your tuning settings. On the cars that are having this problem, go back to the pits, go into the car's tuning setup and hit "Y" to reset the tuning settings. Then take it back out on the track and see if it's still sticking.

wlw145s
24-06-2015, 14:30
I'm having this exact same issue. I think it may be the firmware. I played a little bit with patch 1.4 and then updated the firmware the next day. I didn't notice the sticky lock before the firmware update. I'm going to see if I can revert back to firmware v48 tonight.

Turns out life caught up with me and I won't have time to try this until Sunday/Monday. I've posted a note to Jack Spade in hopes he will reply with what FFB setting could possibly cause this. Thanks for the idea, Crunch.

wlw145s
24-06-2015, 15:38
Using tweaker files on PC you have the option to enable/disable steering lock, but there is no such option on any of the FFB menus. Also, nothing on the car FFB setup menus
that could mess up steering lock.

Here is Jack Spade's response. I don't think it is related to a FFB setting, but could be wrong...

SteveSize01
24-06-2015, 19:23
Hey guys

Looks like I fixed it. Inspired by this post in the FFB topic:

That happened also to me, use the same rotation angle you have calibrated the steering wheel, move Tyre Force back to 100 and the issue dissapeared.

I use 900 DOR. I re-calibrated my wheel, only this time I forced the wheel to 100 from 96 (i never liked doing this before as it just felt awkward). Although I didn't really want my tire force to be 100 I set it anyway. Went back to the car and it was bouncing off full lock just like it should, no stickiness. I moved my tire force back to where I like it and it stayed fixed! Maybe that first wheel setting just needs to be 100.Who knows but it sorted it.

crunchy1X
24-06-2015, 19:42
Maybe that first wheel setting just needs to be 100.Who knows but it sorted it.
After my (well-documented) experience - I think it's really evident that incorrect calibrations lead to a whole mess of odd and inexplicable issues with our racing wheels. So, from now on, my first recommendation when someone is having wheel problems is to start with a recalibration (making sure to use the correct procedure).

SteveSize01
24-06-2015, 20:14
After my (well-documented) experience - I think it's really evident that incorrect calibrations lead to a whole mess of odd and inexplicable issues with our racing wheels. So, from now on, my first recommendation when someone is having wheel problems is to start with a recalibration (making sure to use the correct procedure).

Roger that Crunch.