PDA

View Full Version : selecting manual gears

Carinis
23-06-2015, 14:06
Hey all

I have a question some times I like to use manual gears and sometimes not and I see in the controls menu that we can turn traction control, stability control, abs, automatic clutch, brake and steering help on and off by mapping to buttons but I cant see any option to turn manual gears on and off by a push of a button am I missing something or if im not could this be added easily as its a bit of a pain having to go into the menu to change it depending on what car im in the mood for driving

Carinis
23-06-2015, 17:54
Bump

chig88
23-06-2015, 18:52
Don't think it's in there at the moment. I'm the same though, I like to switch depending on my mood :).

Would be nice if it could be added, but there are already a hell of a lot of buttons to assign haha.

JessicaWalter
23-06-2015, 19:05
you can set it to automatic and leave the shift gears mapped and theyll still function. if you don't feel like shiting itll do it automatically

chig88
23-06-2015, 19:38
you can set it to automatic and leave the shift gears mapped and theyll still function. if you don't feel like shiting itll do it automatically

Yeah it tends to down/upshift when you don't want it to though.

Panopticism
23-06-2015, 20:31
That's exactly what the newer sportscars with those auto/semi-auto/full manual gearboxes do, too. They're brutally expensive to have someone look at.

Why exactly do you like to revert to auto sometimes? Just a laziness thing, or what? I don't like to speak in absolutes, but auto is always slower, and it's always harder to keep the car behaved.

It would be kind of strange to be able to enable/disable auto trans with a button on a race car, given the mechanical complexity of an auto trans vs a sequential manual gearbox. It is just a game, though. ;)

stux
24-06-2015, 00:56
I revert to auto when my 5yo wants a go... Not a problem, just switch in the menu