PDA

View Full Version : Want to rant and complain about Project Cars? Read this first

Kart14
23-06-2015, 16:51
Hi everyone. Just a note here for you.

If you are people who complain and rant about this game being bad please take a look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOAK8g_VoD4

As you can see Project Cars has moved quite a bit from its initial build and as a programmer my self it is hard making big applications and there are bound to be some bugs. If SMS didn't bring the game out when they did you lot would be complaining that thy had not released the game and all that they stole the money you gave to help them to make the game. You can't have everything in life you know!

Since you can tell Project Cars has moved along way. This shows promise that the bugs in the game can be fixed and that people making the game are notified of the issues and are trying to fix them.

If you don't like the game then don't play it. Wait until a new update is released that fixes the bugs or just sell it. No need to rant and online.

Also this is not my video. I do not take any credit for this.

Carinis
23-06-2015, 17:04
I LOVE the bouncey HUD in the first bit of the clip that was awesome they should bring that back, I want that in my life

Kart14
23-06-2015, 17:10
I see what you mean by it looks good. I also think it would get annoying as well though. Maybe an option for the bouncy HUD so the player can choose?

thepharcyde
23-06-2015, 18:16
Unfortunately the AI has not advanced from exceeding track limits. Maybe PCars 2 will address this issue so cannot wait for the sequel.

dodge33cymru
23-06-2015, 18:18
How much are you willing to offer for my Steam copy?

I'm not a ranter or raver about this game, I think it's solid but it doesn't do enough to immerse me and I'm disappointed in it. But that's neither here nor there; whilst I see what you're saying, you can't take away people's right to be disappointed or feel let down if they don't believe this game reaches its marketing hype.

Now insults or anything personal have no place, but where else can people raise grievances or share their concerns?

And that's not to mention that yes, it's progressed, but what does that have to do with people's experience of the game? Whether it was rebuilt from scratch or just being polished over the last few years, it makes no difference when the final product hits the shelves.

For what it's worth, I've seen other titles progress over that time too, some with far smaller teams and much less marketing hype. But as I say, that shouldn't be the point. The point is that you can't tell people with different (and, in many cases, entirely reasonable) expectations to feel the same way as you.

Apologies if I misunderstood the vibe, but that's what the OP felt like.

chig88
23-06-2015, 18:21
Even that 1st build looks pretty bloody good.

thepharcyde
23-06-2015, 18:21
No whinging you have been warned or Bell will ban you to the polished slick outfit of Kunos and Assetto Corsa.

Kart14
23-06-2015, 18:22
I'm not a ranter or raver about this game, I think it's solid but it doesn't do enough to immerse me and I'm disappointed in it. But that's neither here nor there; whilst I see what you're saying, you can't take away people's right to be disappointed or feel let down if they don't believe this game reaches its marketing hype.

Now insults or anything personal have no place, but where else can people raise grievances or share their concerns?

And that's not to mention that yes, it's progressed, but what does that have to do with people's experience of the game? Whether it was rebuilt from scratch or just being polished over the last few years, it makes no difference when the final product hits the shelves.

For what it's worth, I've seen other titles progress over that time too, some with far smaller teams and much less marketing hype. But as I say, that shouldn't be the point. The point is that you can't tell people with different (and, in many cases, entirely reasonable) expectations to feel the same way as you.

Apologies if I misunderstood the vibe, but that's what the OP felt like.

I understand what you're meaning. Im not saying that all people are like what I'm meaning. What I mean is if people have something to complain about, just don't do it in an harsh way repeating what you said over and over again.

What I am saying is if you are disappointed or annoyed about something, let people know by saying what it was. Don't just go on about it all the time.

Kart14
23-06-2015, 18:24
How much are you willing to offer for my Steam copy?

What do you mean?

thepharcyde
23-06-2015, 18:24
I understand what you're meaning. Im not saying that all people are like what I'm meaning. What I mean is if people have something to complain about, just don't do it in an harsh way repeating what you said over and over again.

What I am saying is if you are disappointed or annoyed about something, let people know by saying what it was. Don't just go on about it all the time.

This is where you are wrong, any constructive feedback is deemed as whinging and a swift ban.

chig88
23-06-2015, 18:25
No whinging you have been warned or Bell will ban you to the polished slick outfit of Kunos and Assetto Corsa.

Aaaaaannnnnnddddd here we go..............

Kart14

Who has whined in this post? Are you meaning about other posts?

dodge33cymru

That's fair, although there is a fine line. Hacking any thread to turn it into a requests/complaints one usnt on, but there are genuine questions and place to raise disappointments and grievances too; I'd say this is an important part of feeding back into what could be PC2, hopefully addressing some of those issues.

Kart14
23-06-2015, 18:28
This is where you are wrong, any constructive feedback is deemed as whinging and a swift ban.

Really? Could you give me an example on what you mean. Sorry, I'm new to this community so I haven't seen all action yet. It also depends on the tone of the 'constructive feedback'

Bealdor
23-06-2015, 18:32

You must have a different understanding of the meaning of "constructive".

chig88
23-06-2015, 18:33
I've posted constructive criticism without a ban. As have many others.

dodge33cymru
23-06-2015, 18:40

Sir, I'd suggest it is passive aggressive posts such as this that give those who bring up genuine disappointment or issues a bad name.

This thread was perfectly civil, before your first post, for example.

GamingCanuck
23-06-2015, 18:43

Many of us actually enjoy both pCars and Assetto Corsa, how crazy is that!?

Bealdor
23-06-2015, 19:01
Many of us actually enjoy both pCars and Assetto Corsa, how crazy is that!?

Alan Dallas
23-06-2015, 19:09

Can't tell if serious... :hypnotysed:

MrFlibble81
23-06-2015, 19:59
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY MUST EVERY THREAD DESCEND TO INTO TEH DEPTHS OF INSULTING EACH OTHER AND WETHER THE DEVS LISTEN TO FEEDBACK!!!!!!!

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

Kart14
23-06-2015, 20:03
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY MUST EVERY THREAD DESCEND TO INTO TEH DEPTHS OF INSULTING EACH OTHER AND WETHER THE DEVS LISTEN TO FEEDBACK!!!!!!!

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

If people stopped ranting about the game, maybe the devs would be able to get on with updating the game! Lol. (Having a joke, no one take this serious and don't talk back at me. :) :p.

Kart14
23-06-2015, 20:37
Well, it happened to me

What is an example of what you said?

chig88
23-06-2015, 20:41
What is an example of what you said?

Yeah same question. What did you say in the post that got you banned?

thepharcyde
23-06-2015, 20:57
My thread got closed with no explanation initially, that was then ninja edited by 'Bell'. However post reading said ninja edit, I then posted in another 'issues' sticky assuming that my thread got closed as it was covered in the 'issues' sticky. When it was not I then posted in the sticky assuming this is what I should have done in the first instance I got and equally unhelpful reply that achieved absolutely nothing.

The point I'm making is that everyone is justified in having their own opinion on this forum and SMS should advocate this 'within reason' e.g. personal attacks/abusive posting etc should not be tolerated.

Any game developer is aware that with any release comes both +/- feedback both of which will be posted on forums.

There is no such iron fist moderation style that I've seen on comparable racing simulator games forums as much as here.

Anyway we live and learn and move on :)

MULTIVITZ
23-06-2015, 21:17
Shut up. Have you been over to Turn10!
Don't bother replying to this post, it's my opinion.( you can if you want:) )
Constructive.......yeah right.

The game and it's development is a complex task. Anyone joining this forum should spend at least a week reading through the posts to understand the complexity. If most people could do this half the unconstructive posts wouldn't get written.
I think SMS have got thier bases covered, in a good way.

Thier opinion based on nothing they've read in the forum.

There's no comparable simulator.

Just my opinion.

Check out the infraction:rolleyes:

nomen nescio
24-06-2015, 11:19
Hi everyone. Just a note here for you.

If you are people who complain and rant about this game being bad please take a look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOAK8g_VoD4

Which track is this? :confused:

Kart14
24-06-2015, 11:40

I don't know. Maybe ask in the comment section of the video ;)

kligson
24-06-2015, 11:52

Watkins Glen

Kart14
24-06-2015, 12:49
Watkins Glen

Glad someone knows! :)

kligson
24-06-2015, 12:50
One of my favourites :)

BMWE87
24-06-2015, 12:56
My cousin got banned for liking a post that was giving constructive criticism... Seriously?

Alan Dallas
24-06-2015, 13:52
My cousin got banned for liking a post that was giving constructive criticism... Seriously?

My cousins step brothers grandfathers son got banned for even looking at constructive criticism... Seriously.

MrFlibble81
24-06-2015, 14:04
My cousins step brothers grandfathers son got banned for even looking at constructive criticism... Seriously.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 14:13

Take it your joking, right?

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 14:18
Kart and Irony, never to be reconciled.

SpeedFreakDTM
24-06-2015, 14:18
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/Betrayer/Forums/31047761.jpg

Alan Dallas
24-06-2015, 14:22
Take it your joking, right?

In a very sarcastic manner, yes. Sorry, too much Monty Python in my youth.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 14:24
In a very sarcastic manner, yes. Sorry, too much Monty Python in my youth.
Thats ok.

Kart and Irony, never to be reconciled.
I thought he was being sarcastic. Just harder to tell by text. I joke a lot with my friends and family.

BMWE87
24-06-2015, 14:26

I was actually being serious but thank you for that Mr New York.

Ghost_rider
24-06-2015, 14:37

You mean this?;

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 14:38
You mean this?;

Yes, constructive as hell, nice pull :)

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 14:39
Thats ok.

I thought he was being sarcastic. Just harder to tell by text. I joke a lot with my friends and family.

I agree Kart.

Jesup16
24-06-2015, 15:07
If you don't like the game then don't play it. Wait until a new update is released that fixes the bugs or just sell it. No need to rant and online.

This is a poor comment. I would never tell someone not to use my product, software, or service. Once I put the game down, it's just about over for me (and a lot of other gamers). Surely, your team must recognize this.

The problem is I love the game, but I can't stand the bugs. I've stuck by your team in our league conversations, refrained from ranting online (you'll notice this is my first post), and I have confidence that your team is doing what it can to address the issues. I just fell victim to losing my LE car-pack. I'll still play the game, but I'm extremely disappointed with the latest issue.

It's really hard to release software that is bullet-proof on day 1. I know, I work in the software industry. I appreciate your teams' participation in the online communities to resolve issues that are in your control and educate others on issues that are outside of your control (like theLE car pack issue). However, I feel that you just told me if I don't like something, then I should go play/buy something else. I don't feel that I've got my value from my purchase. I honestly feel that I paid over $60 to be a beta-tester. I'm sure your team realizes that this is a first title release. You only get 1 chance at a first impression... how do you honestly feel your product is being received by the users/community?

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 15:11
This is a poor comment. I would never tell someone not to use my product, software, or service. Once I put the game down, it's just about over for me (and a lot of other gamers). Surely, your team must recognize this.

The problem is I love the game, but I can't stand the bugs. I've stuck by your team in our league conversations, refrained from ranting online (you'll notice this is my first post), and I have confidence that your team is doing what it can to address the issues. I just fell victim to losing my LE car-pack. I'll still play the game, but I'm extremely disappointed with the latest issue.

It's really hard to release software that is bullet-proof on day 1. I know, I work in the software industry. I appreciate your teams' participation in the online communities to resolve issues that are in your control and educate others on issues that are outside of your control (like theLE car pack issue). However, I feel that you just told me if I don't like something, then I should go play/buy something else. I don't feel that I've got my value from my purchase. I honestly feel that I paid over $60 to be a beta-tester. I'm sure your team realizes that this is a first title release. You only get 1 chance at a first impression... how do you honestly feel your product is being received by the users/community?

The feedback is massively positive thanks.

BMWE87
24-06-2015, 15:31
You mean this?;

Neither of those people are related to me, so no. That's not it. It was actually a constructive criticism post with many likes, all of the users got banned either by you Ian or a moderator but whatever, I've said my bit. But for the record, the user that you did ban, had over 380 posts so obviously wasn't a troll and helped a lot in the Xbox One section. If you'd like to continue then a moderator or Ian can PM me.

I will bid you all farewell and head back to the Xbox One Problems section for an update on the stuttering problem which I believe there is. Good day and happy gaming. See you all on the track.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 15:33
This is a poor comment. I would never tell someone not to use my product, software, or service. Once I put the game down, it's just about over for me (and a lot of other gamers).

Sorry if what I was meaning wasn't clear. I'm not saying that people shouldn't play it, I mean is if people are complaining and say that it is 'game breaking' then they should wait until it is fixed so they are happy again.

Carinis
24-06-2015, 17:58
On another note can we have that shakey HUD that is in the first minute of driving as an option as it adds a bit of "realism" to those of us using 3 screens that can't have the helmet showing as we don't get the perspective of movement as much as those that can have it on

Denco
24-06-2015, 18:51
I'm new here, mostly.

Can you people please stop bashing on the developers and moderatos of these forums. Its getting really annoying. I enjoy Pcars, I'll buy and play asseto corsa and I'll buy and play Pcars 2. The end of it.

MrFlibble81
24-06-2015, 18:59
I'm new here, mostly.

Can you people please stop bashing on the developers and moderatos of these forums. Its getting really annoying. I enjoy Pcars, I'll buy and play asseto corsa and I'll buy and play Pcars 2. The end of it.

Could not agree more! Lets stop bashing on the devs! That's not what these forums are for. Lets just play the game, enjoy it and help each other out!

I think the devs have done a fantastic job at making a racing game. Mr Ian Bell Sir, if I ever get the pleasure to meet you or any member of your team, I will gladly buy you/them a drink. I don't know how you put up with all the hate on here toward you and your team so I think a large drink is the least Y'all deserve.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 19:09
I will gladly buy you/them a drink. I don't know how you put up with all the hate on here toward you and your team so I think a large drink is the least Y'all deserve.

Think they need more then one large drink coping with this lot MrFibbel81! :) Lol.

If you buy the diamond pack for Project Cars 2 you will meet them at a michelin-starred dinner! :)

MrFlibble81
24-06-2015, 19:12
Think they need more then one large drink coping with this lot MrFibbel81! :) Lol.

If you buy the diamond pack for Project Cars 2 you will meet them at a michelin-starred dinner! :)

I'd love to put 10,000 down for the diamond pack but that's $15,000 and I really don't have that!!

Maybe I should but them all 2 large drinks (I'm on a budget! lol)

Kart14
24-06-2015, 19:14
I'd love to put 10,000 down for the diamond pack but that's $15,000 and I really don't have that!!

Maybe I should but them all 2 large drinks (I'm on a budget! lol)

2 and a half? Or am I pushing it! Lol.

MrFlibble81
24-06-2015, 19:15
2 and a half? Or am I pushing it! Lol.

I could probably stretch to 2 and a half.

Ryzza5
26-06-2015, 00:29
Cool video!

Papa Bear
26-06-2015, 04:35
Or buy Assetto Corsa. Personally, I love both games. Assetto Corsa for realism/authencity and Project Cars for racing immersion. Both are too good to be passed up for the PC imo.
Lately I have been playing Project Cars solely though. Perhaps because it's new and it has so many tracks and more cars. Nothing beats Project Cars in terms of immersion.

Kart14
26-06-2015, 09:51
Or buy Assetto Corsa. Personally, I love both games. Assetto Corsa for realism/authencity and Project Cars for racing immersion. Both are too good to be passed up for the PC imo.
Lately I have been playing Project Cars solely though. Perhaps because it's new and it has so many tracks and more cars. Nothing beats Project Cars in terms of immersion.

Finaly! Somone who suggests people to buy assetto without starting an argument! Thank you! :)

UMadBro
26-06-2015, 10:27
Guys, the reason why gamers are complaining is because the game is full of bugs and glitches. Why didn't they delay it first..?

FAster
26-06-2015, 10:48
Yes yes yes! Games are created from 0 to release. Ok games may have bugs, but this amount is not acceptable. Bugs halting my game progress, and wasting my time.

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 10:52
Guys, the reason why gamers are complaining is because the game is full of bugs and glitches. Why didn't they delay it first..?

And another infraction for this. Sheer repetitive time wasting.

chig88
26-06-2015, 10:54
I'm new here, mostly.

You're new here and yet your post is reasonable, isn't about the Wii U and doesn't rant about bugs?

I don't buy it. What are you trying to hide?

Kart14
26-06-2015, 11:26
Why didn't they delay it first..?

They did. People were complaining that it was delayed alot. If they delayed it even more then people would complain about that so SMS released it. Now they have people are complaining about bugs. If people haddent complained about the release time then mayby they could have delayed it to fix some of the bugs.

beagea
26-06-2015, 11:30
@Kart1, I agree with what you say and if I was a WMD member and paid my money at the beginning of the development of Pcars and on release day I would have been somewhat content with what I got. Yet I am not a WMD member I did not pay any money in the early stages of development, I’m a owner of an Xbox One console, who bought the console to play games from the day I purchased the game.

It is quite acceptable to have some issues with a game of this complexity, I can understand that yet we are now nearly two months in and still have issues, with spending a good portion of my time trying to seek out a work around so as I can fully enjoy the game. Something I do not have to do with any of the other games I have on my Xbox One.
As a member of the Mass Market and not a long time heavy duty gamer, I expect a certain amount appreciation for buying into a game, not anything OTT no great appreciation just a certain amount. Something along the lines of “we at SMS apologise for the issues we are having with the game and understand that this is causing some frustration with some purchasers, we are aware of the issues and will have the game working as expected by such a date”.

We got this from Xbox when they released their driving game, there was no issue with them informing me that there were issues and they were working to get them fixed ASAP, which took them less than three weeks. Now I understand that SMS is a far smaller operation, but from a Mass Market consumers point of view that’s not my concern, my one and only concern is that I get what I was told I would get when I paid my money and I was not told I would automatically be part of any community.

It seems that just because it says in the promotional literature “a game built by the community for the community” that this entails that you have to be part of the community if you buy the game, weather you want to be or not, if this is the case then this should be put in the literature and those of us in the Mass Market would have a choice to get involved or not and if not, now that you have paid your money you get told just don’t play the game and sod off.

It is unreasonable to put a product into the mass market and then say join the community help improve the game and if not sit back and wait until we get things right.