PDA

View Full Version : (FAQ) PCars2 "For Dummies"

3800racingfool
23-06-2015, 16:53
Seeing all of the repeated questions being asked over and over (and over) again. I decided that we as a community should try and hopefully help take a bit of a load off the Moderators, previous WMD members, devs, and Ian himself by creating this FAQ regarding Project CARS 2. In this thread you'll be able to find answers to most of the common questions and/or responses people have about this announcement including quotes from Ian and other staff/wmd members. I've combed through all 50+ pages of the announcement thread as well as a bunch of other threads and will continue to keep this thread updated as much as possible.

Project CARS 2 "For Dummies"

Q: What is it?

A: SMS has announced that they are planning to begin development on Project CARS 2. They have set up a WMD funding site (http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/project-cars-2/) with information as well as membership levels. Note that this is an announcement of development, not that a game is going to drop within months. Many game studios do not announce anywhere close to this early in the development cycle. However, since SMS is being different by allowing the public to assist in the game's development through the WMD portal, an announcement needs to be made this early to give the public a chance to get it from the very beginning. Think of this as less of a "we're going to release PCars2" and more of a "PCars has been enough of a success for us to want to make a sequel".

Q: PCars2 already? PCars1 was just released!

A: Believe it or not, this is actually how game development works (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-was-basically-done-before-bethesda-even-/1100-6429241/). Whether it be SMS with PCars, MS with the Forza series, even games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto start the next installment of the series soon after the release of the previous game (sometimes even before).

The fact is we DELAYED the start of pCARS2, on my say so, until the release of patch 1.4. I wanted pCARS1 in a better state before we got going.

We would normally have started about 4-6 months before pCARS1 hit the shops. That's fairly normal in the industry.

It's only how almost every other game brand on earth operates...

Q: But why announce it already?

Because we've started on it now. If we didn't we wouldn't be starting on it with the public, as we promised we would... We could leave announcing it until 6 months before release in a couple of years time, but can you see how that might not be ''Users helping us make a game'?

Q: But the bugs! Shouldn't SMS "finish" PCars 1 first?

A: PCars 1 is finished from a production standpoint. Additional content and bugfixes will continue to be released. SMS has a team of roughly 40 people working on PCars 1 still correcting issues and prepping/finishing DLC content. In fact, since Project Cars 2 was announced, SMS has also announced Project CARS patch 2.0 announced Project CARS patch 3.0 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36676-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Patch-3-0-Release-notes) containing over 75 over 140 fixes, adjustments and additions across all platforms.

Purchasers of pcars1.0 have a right to a well-functioning game and Ian/SMS are working hard to provide that.

Q: But is 40 people enough?? / Why can't they use everybody??

A: Not everyone can help. A person who is a texture artist has no idea how to code the FFB system. The person(s) who designed the GUI and menus haven't the slightest clue how to code AI. To paraphrase Star Trek: "Damnit Jim I'm a 3d artist not a code developer!"

From my own experiences, 40 people on a post-release piece of software is extensive. Especially when it consists of 1/3rd of your total development team. (I work in the IT industry and deal with many pieces of software from many different companies.)

Enough? Forty staff costs us 400k dollars per month approximately. For a team of our size that's a massive amount of people staying committed to a shipped game longterm.

We are spending so much of what we're making on pCARS1 back into pCARS1 for the longterm that it's scary.

Q: Isn't it too soon to release a sequel?

A: PCars2 isn't going to be released tomorrow. It is being built essentially from scratch which means it may take years before a product ever hits the shelves/steam.

Seeing as build One of pCARS2 is available today, and seeing as members want to be involved as early as possible (most from the very early stages) when do you recommend we should have announced it?

The dev period for pCARS2 will be decided by the members. I hope it's not going to take as long as pCARS1 but 2ish years is probably a good initial guestimate.

Q: I just bought PCars 1? I feel ripped off!

A: You needn't worry. Project Cars is still being supported and will still have lots of content (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/on-demand.html)on the way both free and paid DLC. In addition to that, PCars2 will still be a couple years away from release so you'll still get plenty of great playtime in on the first installment of the series.

We know what's coming for pCARS1 and it's substantial and long term.

We've already promised the first year of updates for starters.

Q: Hey this *insert feature here* was supposed to be in PCars 1! It's not there and now they're saying it's going to be in PCars 2! What gives?

A: It's the unfortunate reality that trying to package everything under the sun into a game would extend it's development time indefinitely. As a result sometimes features that were planned or even announced may not make it into the final game. Project Cars is not the first game to be subject to this reality and it definitely won't be the last.

Another way to answer this question with a counter question: Would you rather play Project Cars 1 now sans a few features. Or would you rather put up with delay after delay and have the game turn into a Duke Nukem Forever (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Duke_Nukem_Forever) style marathon development that may or may not ever see the light of day?

SMS could have put another 2 years into developing PC1 to get everything in that is now planned to be improvements in PC2. However, they would have gone bankrupt not even half-way through those 2 years. At some point you have to close down the scope of a game (or any project) so you can finish it and get it out, that is basic business practice or you won't survive.

Q: Do you really have to crowd-fund another title?

A: It's less about funding the title and more about allowing the community the opportunity to help, in a significant way, with the development of the game.

We don't need the money!! We are allowing those who are interested to join a full development process from scratch, to alter the direction and design of a AAA game. The fees are simply to ensure we don't have to keep answering questions like this...

The intention was always to allow a limited group to join in the development with us. We have no expectations of the members contributing more than about 10% of the development total.

Q: But isn't 50 for just a basic membership a little steep for a game?

A: The price points are set where they are to help prevent trolls and other people who aren't actually serious about helping from being a big problem. You have to want to help if you're willing to shell out serious money to be a WMD member.

you're not just paying for the game, you're paying for the experience of shaping and molding something while having early access.

(on development) ...this is all down to the members. They'll guide the development. This isn't normal 'kickstarter or early access' style developing.

Q: I don't have a PC. Can I help develop on the XB1/PS4 platform?

A:
For Xbox users we're working on this: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e3-2015-xbox-game-preview-brings-early-access-to-console

For PS4 it's still up in the air but we think we'll at least be able to get Alpha and Beta builds out. We're hoping for more though and await any news from Sony.

Q: How soon can I start testing on XB1?

A:
We don't now yet, this is all new, and not just to us. We'll make it clear as soon as we can though.

Q: What membership/toolkit level will I need to purchase to get XB1 access?

A: Tentatively, the Silver toolkit will be required. It will likely depend on how things go with Microsoft and XB1 Early Access to determine that though.

Yes Silver and above.

That's unknown at the moment. If early access becomes a reality, only after that SMS will be able to speak out about that

Q: What if the XB1/PS4 testing doesn't pan out? What else do I get for my money?

A: You will still have the opportunity to influence the game's direction. Have input on the design, modes, features, and everything else. The only thing you would be unable to do is test.

You will be able to participate in the WMD discussions, read Patch Notes and Design Documents, get all news first and you will be able to enjoy a friendly bunch of all kinds of people. If Sony makes it happen to have an early access program eventually, SMS will do anything in their power to enable you to play the latest console builds as soon as possible.

Q: How long are the signups for WMD going to last?

A:
Two or three months we think, maybe more. We want to see how we can handle the support and interaction as the numbers rise adn we're judging it by ear.

UPDATE: It has been announced that signups for pCars2 will be closed on 9/1/2015. (http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?22487-How-To-Join-Project-CARS-2&p=913946&viewfull=1#post913946)

Q: Will signups for WMD be re-opened in the future?

A: Not likely. As it stands the current quota of members in WMD for pCars 2 has been met.

Q: Can I upgrade my tier at a later time (ie: start with Bronze and upgrade to Gold)?

A: Yes.

Yes you can upgrade freely.
*Note* By "freely" he means at any time not "you can upgrade for free".

Q: Are there going to be real racing drivers helping develop PCars2?

A:
Ben Collins
Nic Hamilton
Oli Webb
Rene Rast

And few others

Plus Doug and the other physics guys have racing experience too

Q: All I'm seeing in the press release is rally cars. Is PCars2 going to be a rally game?

A:
pCARS2 isn't 'an offroad game'.

Q: Can I get a tl:dr version of this FAQ?

Well, it isn't exactly short, but user ermo did a fantastic job here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32482-Announcing-Project-CARS-2-Sign-Up-Now!/page47&p=1009903#post1009903).

Again, I will continue to update this thread as more information arises. If community members would like to post questions and their associated answers (from a reliable source) below I will add them to the FAQ as well. (And credit the appropriate people.)

Note: All quotes where trimmed for context and to remove names.

Thanks to ermo for the tl;dr rundown.

Thanks to ermo (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?1136-ermo), stux (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?95109-stux) & Umer Ahmad (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?91-Umer-Ahmad) & for additional questions and info contributions.

A special thanks to Ian and the WMD crew for providing the answers and reference material cited here.

P.S. To any naysayers/whiners who even think of trying to crash this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7X2_V60YK8

Bouyo
23-06-2015, 16:59
I want my money back ...

Just kidding. PCars2 can't come fast enough! The thought of burning through Corsica in a GroupB car like the S2 or the 037 makes me wet myself. This is the content right?

On a side note, shoudn't we just forget about Pcars2 now unless we're on the dev team? I want to keep banging on about how PCars can be improved, that's what this forum is for right?

Aldo Zampatti
23-06-2015, 17:19
Stickied!

MaXyM
23-06-2015, 17:20
PCars 1 is finished from a production standpoint. Additional content and bugfixes will continue to be released.

Actually it is not (depending on what do you mean by 'production standpoint'). There are features (in oposite to content and bugfixes) which are missing but has been promised to be released post-release. Proper support for 3monitor setup is good example.

TheReaper GT
23-06-2015, 17:21
One question, since XBOX early access is turning into a possibility, what toolkit I have to buy to have access to that when it arrive?

roslinman
23-06-2015, 17:30
nice post, hopefully this helps stem the tide :)

Kart14
23-06-2015, 17:31
Here is another question for you developers. Will Project Cars 2 have more realistic crash damage?

3800racingfool
23-06-2015, 17:32
Actually it is not (depending on what do you mean by 'production standpoint'). There are features (in oposite to content and bugfixes) which are missing but has been promised to be released post-release. Proper support for 3monitor setup is good example.

Production Standpoint -

1. All major features and gameplay modes/options are finished/implemented (may not be 100% fully perfect as is the case with 3 monitor support).
2. Game is generally bug free. (I say generally because testing with 1000 people and testing with 1000000 people are entirely different.
3. Minor balancing issues may need correction, but no major problems are present. (AI is an example of a minor issue, a major issue would be the handling of say the BMW Z4 GT3 having the performance and handling of an FA car.)
4. Most importantly: game is considered "ready" for release by the developers. (you, me, and joe's sister could go on all day about what constitutes as "ready" but, at the end of the day, it's the devs call.)

One question, since XBOX early access is turning into a possibility, what toolkit I have to buy to have access to that when it arrive?

Not sure, I would assume possibly a silver toolkit but I do not know. I will attempt to find an answer if one's been posted.

Here is another question for you developers. Will Project Cars 2 have more realistic crash damage?

That will depend on licensing for cars and a host of other factors. It's currently far too early to say.

Aldo Zampatti
23-06-2015, 17:33

That's unknown at the moment. If early access becomes a reality, only after that SMS will be able to speak out about that

TheReaper GT
23-06-2015, 17:36

Well, I can buy a Silver toolkit and upgrade it later if necessary. Thanks anyway.

3800racingfool
23-06-2015, 17:37

Quoted in FAQ.

Kart14
23-06-2015, 17:45
That will depend on licensing for cars and a host of other factors. It's currently far too early to say.

Ah, ok. Why do you need a licence to do that?

Aldo Zampatti
23-06-2015, 17:52

Car manufactures, sometimes, don't allow car deformation on crash, because users might think they are unsecure.
And sadly, is true.
Some publishers with BIG pockets might get license to destroy cars in a more complex way, others they don't allow damage at all

TheReaper GT

Why not? Each car design is property of a company and that company have a final say in any portrait of that car, including damage.

3800racingfool

Because car manufacturers maintain the intellectual property rights over the designs of their cars and have a say in who can use those designs in pretty much everything. (games, movies, videos, even magazines and photography)

A license is basically them saying "okay, you have our permission to use our car in your game". Money is usually involved (because everything is worth something to somebody) and the manufacturer can also have a say in how the car is portrayed. ie: they can say that you can't show too much damage to a car, or have the hood come off, or the tires pop, or the window shatter, etc.

dodge33cymru
23-06-2015, 18:22
Good post OP, cheers.

Kart14
23-06-2015, 19:15
Car manufactures, sometimes, don't allow car deformation on crash, because users might think they are unsecure.
And sadly, is true.
Some publishers with BIG pockets might get license to destroy cars in a more complex way, others they don't allow damage at all

With the current available damage, has this needed a licence or not?

Pink_650S
23-06-2015, 19:18
Hey, this thread is pretty good :)
Filters out the important statements of the cluttered "Project Cars 2 Announcement"-Thread.

3800racingfool
23-06-2015, 19:37
With the current available damage, has this needed a licence or not?

If a car is going to appear in the game at all (damage or not) it needs a license.

Kart14
23-06-2015, 19:44
If a car is going to appear in the game at all (damage or not) it needs a license.

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Also do all cars have the same damage or not?

Pink_650S
23-06-2015, 20:19
Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Also do all cars have the same damage or not?

No, as far as l read in this forum, McLaren is especially cautious with their cars.

Kart14
23-06-2015, 20:24
No, as far as l read in this forum, McLaren is especially cautious with their cars.

Ok, thanks. What car has the most damage and which has the smallest?

BF Bullpup
23-06-2015, 22:07
Great FAQ. Thank you!

Mr.Smoke
23-06-2015, 22:10
A bunch of helpful info here. Got an answer to my question about how long funding will remain open. Good to know i have a couple months yet as i need to finance a trip next month!!

ermo
23-06-2015, 23:25
I think this deserves a mention -- Ian promised us WMD people that he would make sure to open pCARS2 development from day one.

Why make an official announcement for Pcars 2 so early? I can't remember the last time a game developer announced a sequel so quickly after the original was launched. It feels like it gives negative impressions on the current game.

PCars 2 sounds cool but it feels like an eternity away, I will probably become a WMD member if it becomes available on Xbox One though.

Because we've started on it now. If we didn't we wouldn't be starting on it with the public, as we promised we would... We could leave announcing it until 6 months before release in a couple of years time, but can you see how that might not be ''Users helping us make a game'?

3800racingfool
24-06-2015, 01:06
I think this deserves a mention -- Ian promised us WMD people that he would make sure to open pCARS2 development from day one.

Noted and OP updated.

stux
24-06-2015, 04:24
Quoted in FAQ.

I believe Ian mentioned in the original thread that Silver and above would have the early console access (if possible)

edit: found it, http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32482-Announcing-Project-CARS-2-Sign-Up-Now!&p=1008314&viewfull=1#post1008314

Ian, is there a certain tier you will have to have purchased to be able to get in on the possible Xbox One alpha/beta? I'm trying to decide what tier to get

Yes Silver and above.

(fixed spelling in inner quote)

3800racingfool
24-06-2015, 04:52
I believe Ian mentioned in the original thread that Silver and above would have the early console access (if possible)

edit: found it, http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32482-Announcing-Project-CARS-2-Sign-Up-Now!&p=1008314&viewfull=1#post1008314

(fixed spelling in inner quote)

Great find. Added into the FAQ. I left Aldo Zampatti's quote there as well however. Don't want to get caught in a he-said/she-said spat.

AngelBrow
24-06-2015, 05:01
Nothing strange at all seeing pcars 2 being announced. Ive seen game devs. talking about a sequel before the first game is rlsed.

Im glad Project Cars is doing so well that a desicion to make a 2nd has been made!

Biggest wishlish list, more cars for each class. For me it would be cool to see the GT cars from GTR2. Maybe Ill have a kid helping me with the 24h race when pcars2 is rlsed :D tough doing the race solo.

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 12:40
Great work, Stickie please mods.

Aldo Zampatti
24-06-2015, 13:41
Great work, Stickie please mods.

ehem... Stickied like two days ago... Cough medicine?:rolleyes::cool:

3800racingfool
24-06-2015, 13:42

Stickied before it was even posted it. These mods are superhuman. O.o

Kunal_Racedriver
24-06-2015, 14:03
As a 3d artist, I just want to know what kind of insight in development and Wip (apart for regular builds) is available for lower tier bronze and silver members? The pounds conversion is heavy for my currency and would like to be clear before jumping in.
Also the only major difference concerned to me from bronze to silver is "Digital Standard" vs "Digital Limited" of game on release. Is the difference here is of additional cars like we had for PCars1 on pre purchase. I will be only on PC and would avoid to pay again for complete playable content. I was hoping at least all initial participants will get a full game on release.

Wish you all the best for this next iteration.:smile-new:

ian2726
24-06-2015, 14:17
Well done that man for making this FAQ good read. Answered many questions I had. Thank you.

k.merse
24-06-2015, 15:29
I have another question: Why would I buy any future DLCs if PCars2 will be released in about 2 years and PCars will be abandoned?

roslinman
24-06-2015, 15:31
I have another question: Why would I buy any future DLCs if PCars2 will be released in about 2 years and PCars will be abandoned?
no-one is forcing you to buy any DLC. But 2 years is a long time.

3800racingfool
24-06-2015, 15:36

Only you can answer that.

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 15:38

I only use 'new posts' no mention of it :)

Ian Bell
24-06-2015, 15:39

Because you might like them?

yusupov
24-06-2015, 15:39
oh ok so now were all DUMMIES???? this is the last straw SMS!1!! YOUR PLACE, TONITE = CAR WASH

mire2
24-06-2015, 16:22
About the question "Pcars 2 after release Pcars 1"......but Pcars is a racing simulation and no call of duty or other games which need sequels.........why is it not possible to work longer with DLC's and patches for years.....then after 4-5 years maybe a sequel....
but a question, have SMS even asked the community if they want a Pcars 2 ?....because it looked like no one know's something about a sequel , after SMS announced it....

Umer Ahmad
24-06-2015, 16:28
About the question "Pcars 2 after release Pcars 1"......but Pcars is a racing simulation and no call of duty or other games which need sequels.........why is it not possible to work longer with DLC's and patches for years.....then after 4-5 years maybe a sequel....
but a question, have SMS even asked the community if they want a Pcars 2 ?....because it looked like no one know's something about a sequel , after SMS announced it....
What the hell do you think we talk about at WMDPORTAL with SMS? Russian politics? Unicorns?

Ian mentioned long back at wmd forum there will be sequel games. Really they are very open abou it. Seems like you are not aware of how the industry works actually. You should spend some more time learning and less time arguing since you are coming from a less educated viewpoint.

Kunal_Racedriver
24-06-2015, 16:53
SMS is gaming studio. If not working for a new title, what else is expected from them. Sell popcorns while fixing bugs for your gaming time? :sour: I am glad as a consumer what I am offered here. Criticize as much as you like, but maybe spending your time here at this forum itself shows the limited options you have next to this unique title.

mire2
24-06-2015, 17:43
What the hell do you think we talk about at WMDPORTAL with SMS? Russian politics? Unicorns?

Ian mentioned long back at wmd forum there will be sequel games. Really they are very open abou it. Seems like you are not aware of how the industry works actually. You should spend some more time learning and less time arguing since you are coming from a less educated viewpoint.

Ok what a a agressive tone by a moderator to an gamer who bought your game!..........when the developers always talk so with people which dont agree with some points here, i will never look foward to your gaming industry.......and by the fact, WMD members are not the world........but ok your Pcars 2 will break records because the sequel of a Simulation is a must buy.........

i will switch to assetto corsa, because they stay at their game and need maybe a bit more help then developers like here at this forum........incredible......developers must handle negative criticism or people which dont know all about your JOB!

Never saw so unsympathic developers..............so agrassiv and respectless.....

good bye SMSad

all the praise and good talking about the Pcars developers was to much exessiv.......

just if one gamer dont know much about it or dont agree he gets smashed down and destroyed.......you know not much about the industry, that there are much people which dont agree or have problems with things......but to go that way, NEVER

I love the game, i hate the developer.....never saw that ^^

another one leaves the room....

You can ban me if you want i dont care i dont come back, but you would ban a fan of the game which disagreed about some things.......

pock1910
24-06-2015, 19:18
......why is it not possible to work longer with DLC's and patches for years.....then after 4-5 years maybe a sequel....
That's not the way how software development is working. You can add more content (more tracks, more cars, ...) fixing bugs and add minor improvements. But you cannot add everything to an existing software piece. For example take a car from the 60's. You can change tires, add spoiler but you cannot put a whole new Motor or a KERS into such a car.

... but a question, have SMS even asked the community if they want a Pcars 2 ?....because it looked like no one know's something about a sequel , after SMS announced it....
It was the community who asked many times if PCars 2 takes place. I like it to have both: DLC'S of PCars 1 for the near future and PCars 2 for the mid term future.

smokinmasta
24-06-2015, 20:19
Ok what a a agressive tone by a moderator to an gamer who bought your game!..........when the developers always talk so with people which dont agree with some points here, i will never look foward to your gaming industry.......and by the fact, WMD members are not the world........but ok your Pcars 2 will break records because the sequel of a Simulation is a must buy.........

i will switch to assetto corsa, because they stay at their game and need maybe a bit more help then developers like here at this forum........incredible......developers must handle negative criticism or people which dont know all about your JOB!

Never saw so unsympathic developers..............so agrassiv and respectless.....

good bye SMSad

all the praise and good talking about the Pcars developers was to much exessiv.......

just if one gamer dont know much about it or dont agree he gets smashed down and destroyed.......you know not much about the industry, that there are much people which dont agree or have problems with things......but to go that way, NEVER

I love the game, i hate the developer.....never saw that ^^

another one leaves the room....

You can ban me if you want i dont care i dont come back, but you would ban a fan of the game which disagreed about some things.......

Jeez - glad the bronze level is a good anti 'troll' fee so we dont see this type of argumentive user.........we do disagree on stuff, AND Pcars2 was REQUESTED by members NOT by SMS

Luiz Boni
24-06-2015, 23:19
Congrats SMS folks! You'll be very very rich getting all these money for PC2 (added to the $$ you've already gotten with PC1), while we SERIOUS simracers will turn our back to you, as you've turned yours to us.
PC1 is incomplete, not only full of bugs. Can't be played online, no serious league will ever use it.
Only those who want to make a "carrer" and "play" against AIs must be happy at this time.
I won't give you a SINGLE dime anymore and I can say 90% of the virtual drivers I know won't too.
But I think it doesn't matter to you, since if only 10% buy your GAME (not sim...) you'll still be very very very rich.

Umer Ahmad
24-06-2015, 23:33
Congrats SMS folks! You'll be very very rich getting all these money for PC2 (added to the $$ you've already gotten with PC1), while we SERIOUS simracers will turn our back to you, as you've turned yours to us.
PC1 is incomplete, not only full of bugs. Can't be played online, no serious league will ever use it.
Only those who want to make a "carrer" and "play" against AIs must be happy at this time.
I won't give you a SINGLE dime anymore and I can say 90% of the virtual drivers I know won't too.
But I think it doesn't matter to you, since if only 10% buy your GAME (not sim...) you'll still be very very very rich.

Bom dia.

SMS, you know these guys? They work hard. Very hard. They cannot afford to "lose" pcars1.0, do you understand? Look at these fixes (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32776-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-2-0-Release-notes). This looks like a team ready to "turn their back" to us? They produced 4 patches and 1 DLC since May 11 launch. Show me another team/game/studio that does this. THEY CARE, they do. You cannot see it? Look again.

3800racingfool
24-06-2015, 23:38

I know I made it small in the OP but I did specifically say that posts of this manner should stay out of this thread. Here, I'll make it larger for you:

P.S. To any naysayers/whiners who even think of trying to crash this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7X2_V60YK8

If you're going to complain, rant, or obfuscate people make your own thread. This is for the community who does value the game and will continue to support SMS to contribute information relating to the development of Project CARS 2.

Brunolbqrq
25-06-2015, 00:18
Hey guys,

You should fix some mispellings that I've found in the PT-BR version of the game. It is not a bug but it's really annoying.

t0daY
25-06-2015, 02:26
Support this FAQ about pCars2 to 100%, look at my signature :) :) Nice work, really awesome :)

Umer Ahmad
25-06-2015, 03:34
Hey guys,

You should fix some mispellings that I've found in the PT-BR version of the game. It is not a bug but it's really annoying.
Start a new thread for it. Developers will be happy to fix in a future patch

Brunolbqrq
25-06-2015, 15:28
Start a new thread for it. Developers will be happy to fix in a future patch

I did. But nobody paid attention :apologetic:

Here it is: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29085-Amateur-HUD-layout-problem-PT-BR

Kunal_Racedriver
25-06-2015, 16:53
Any information regarding difference among various version as far as content is concerned - "Premium Digital Edition" of Gold, "Digital Limited Edition" of Silver and "Digital Standard Edition" of bronze :confused:

ao1977
26-06-2015, 10:02
Hey guys,

will pCARS1 be kind of "included" in pCARS2, or will it be a totally different game?

My line of thoughts is: When I get myself a copy of pCARS2, will I be able to play the pCARS1 contents in 2? That would be sweet.

transfix
26-06-2015, 11:41
Great job !

Now can we all just go and enjoy PCars 1 ? People did work hard to create it afterall and we work to buy it, so lets race and stop worrying about a game two years away.

3800racingfool
26-06-2015, 14:48
Any information regarding difference among various version as far as content is concerned - "Premium Digital Edition" of Gold, "Digital Limited Edition" of Silver and "Digital Standard Edition" of bronze :confused:

It's likely still far too early to make that differentiation right now.

Hey guys,

will pCARS1 be kind of "included" in pCARS2, or will it be a totally different game?

My line of thoughts is: When I get myself a copy of pCARS2, will I be able to play the pCARS1 contents in 2? That would be sweet.

It's been stated that pCARS2 will "be it's own game". There's a post somewhere from Ian saying as much, I will attempt to find it and add it to the FAQ. Now that's not to say that all content that was in pCARS1 won't make it into pCARS2, however it definitely will not be "pCARS1 + a whole bunch of new stuff"2.

EDIT: I can't seem to find said quote so maybe it wasn't Ian who said it. Nevertheless I will keep looking.

ao1977
26-06-2015, 16:13
however it definitely will not be "pCARS1 + a whole bunch of new stuff"2.

Awwwww, but i hate changing discs in my XBOX. :sulkiness:

Randall Kipker
27-06-2015, 13:17
Great Post... thanks to all involved!

Ripgroove
28-06-2015, 08:37
How do I back PCars2 then, been to the following link but can't find anywhere to register? http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/project-cars-2/

Umer Ahmad
28-06-2015, 08:52
http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

Ripgroove
28-06-2015, 14:56
http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

Awesome thanks, how long is the registration open for?

Redslayer
06-07-2015, 22:45
"They have set up a WMD funding site"

So, they are trying to fund weapons of mass destruction eh? No doubt to take out money without releasing a game!

Sorry, but every time I see "WMD" All I see is weapons of mass destruction lol.

Umer Ahmad
10-07-2015, 09:29
^lol, been waiting for FBI to show up at my door for 4 years:

"Mr. Akmed, care to explain to us your usage of this WMD site?

Paul Swanepoel
10-07-2015, 11:32
^lol, been waiting for FBI to show up at my door for 4 years:

"Mr. Akmed, care to explain to us your usage of this WMD site?

Oooh Umer, you in trouble now, 'cause PCARS is the BOMB !

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 11:34
Oh dear, I can see the NSA/GCHQ keyword bot exploding now.

Paul Swanepoel
10-07-2015, 11:41
Umer, you can come stay at my place if things get rough over there ;-)

Dman
10-07-2015, 12:01
Nah if we want to get them going we can talk about whether WMD uses an ISIS network or OSPF network

Paul Swanepoel
10-07-2015, 12:16
Nah if we want to get them going we can talk about whether WMD uses an ISIS network or OSPF network

Phew - good thing we did not talk of these things then..

Oh dear, I can see the NSA/GCHQ keyword bot exploding now.

I would not want to see this thread blow up escalate...

Umer Ahmad
10-07-2015, 12:35
Umer, you can come stay at my place if things get rough over there ;-)
Deal, but you have to take me to Sun City!

(Did a safari holiday at a nice park about an hour north of joburg back in 2004.)

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 13:02
IRA, Al queda, ETA, ISIS.

What have they done for us?

miagi
10-07-2015, 13:30
Pff since when does the US care for WMD?! As long as Ian doesn't find oil in his backyard, pCARS is safe.

Paul Swanepoel
10-07-2015, 13:54

doubleplusungood ?

cluck
10-07-2015, 15:23

What have they done for us?Irrigation?

(edit : I really have watched Life of Brian more times than is possibly healthy)

amazed
10-07-2015, 16:59

Central Heating

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 17:03
Roads.

cluck
10-07-2015, 18:22
OK, so apart from irrigation, central heating and roads, what have the IRA, Al queda, ETA and ISIS done for us?

amazed
10-07-2015, 18:28
Public Health?

toxicfiend
11-07-2015, 04:57
as an old game player i just got this yesterday and i think this is the best racing game i have ever played (looking at you forza5) as an aussie Bathurst just looks a gem and the cars oh my.Not being the best at driving games it is still nice to relax and just tour the countryside looking at how good this game is.

TheReaper GT
11-07-2015, 05:08
as an old game player i just got this yesterday and i think this is the best racing game i have ever played (looking at you forza5) as an aussie Bathurst just looks a gem and the cars oh my.Not being the best at driving games it is still nice to relax and just tour the countryside looking at how good this game is.

You are in for a major trip man. Lots of things to discover. Enjoy :D

flyoffacliff
12-07-2015, 20:04

A: PCars 1 is finished from a production standpoint. Additional content and bugfixes will continue to be released. SMS has a team of roughly 40 people working on PCars 1 still correcting issues and prepping/finishing DLC content. In fact, since Project Cars 2 was announced, SMS has also announced Project CARS patch 2.0 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32776-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-2-0-Release-notes) containing over 75 fixes and adjustments across all platforms.

Then how do you explain all the "Coming Soon" tiles. There is one under "freeplay" in the main menu, and like 7 on the "Select Tier" menu when you start a new carrier!

Umer Ahmad
12-07-2015, 20:55
^Placeholders for DLC content? Think of it as sim racing lingerie....just some dressing of what's about to be delivered.

KK78
13-07-2015, 11:14
I don't mind a new PCars in a the next few years, hell why would Im the first PCars is a good game imo. People should understand games take a good long while to make and you only know about this one because of the way it is partially funded. I won't invest myself because I hardly play on PC so unless some beta/content comes to PS4 I'll just have to wait until release time to see if I pick it up.

Though talk of rallying will get my interest up to max!

CopperySinger5
13-07-2015, 13:16
I think this is a very bad idea. Because I don't believe game community asked you to start working on Project cars 2 as soon as you release project cars 1 was released. This is all your idea, you make the game we buy it. This seems like a huge cash grab and Project car 1 is being disrespected in the process. But I can't tell you how to operate your business.

But I can say this: the fundamental construction of project cars =masterpiece. However there are many bugs that made it semi-playable for many people. And you say that you delegated tasks for a small group of people to work on bugs, but much more people to promote Project cars 2.

Regardless of how you spell it out; you are simply saying that you're going to start working on project cars 2 and adding components to make it better than project cars 1. As a representative for the gaming community, I WANT PROJECT CARS 1 to have all your best ideas. And if you have better ideas for a sequel game, why didn't you give us your best in the first place. And if you have no ideas for a sequel, why make project cars 1 seem like a thing of the past. And finally, if you have ideas for both games will you simply save the best for Project cars 2? You claim that this is not the end of project cars 1; I find that hard to believe based on what i'm seeing.

TheReaper GT
13-07-2015, 13:19
Representative for the game community... Yeah...

T0MMY
13-07-2015, 13:22
Some ideas just can't squeeze into the budget for pCARS 1, the old plan for pCARS 1 was much larger than this. Adding features is probably not as easy as we think as well, thats probably the reason why pCARS 2 need to exist. The time to start making the sequel is normal, Bethesda started making Fallout 4 once Fallout 3 is shipped. It is either SMS start a new project or they start firing and downsizing the company, supporting a game dont need that many people.

The largest difference here is SMS announced the sequel the minute they start working on it instead 6 months before release. They need the community to shape the game too, since CARS stands for Community Assisted Racing Simulator.

Bealdor
13-07-2015, 13:24
I think this is a very bad idea. Because I don't believe game community asked you to start working on Project cars 2 as soon as you release project cars 1 was released.

So, you think SMS should've asked you for permission first before starting to develop a new game?

Did you even read the OP?

Umer Ahmad
13-07-2015, 13:24
I think this is a very bad idea. Because I don't believe game community asked you to start working on Project cars 2 as soon as you release project cars 1 was released. This is all your idea, you make the game we buy it. This seems like a huge cash grab and Project car 1 is being disrespected in the process. But I can't tell you how to operate your business.

But I can say this: the fundamental construction of project cars =masterpiece. However there are many bugs that made it semi-playable for many people. And you say that you delegated tasks for a small group of people to work on bugs, but much more people to promote Project cars 2.

Regardless of how you spell it out; you are simply saying that you're going to start working on project cars 2 and adding components to make it better than project cars 1. As a representative for the gaming community, I WANT PROJECT CARS 1 to have all your best ideas. And if you have better ideas for a sequel game, why didn't you give us your best in the first place. And if you have no ideas for a sequel, why make project cars 1 seem like a thing of the past. And finally, if you have ideas for both games will you simply save the best for Project cars 2? You claim that this is not the end of project cars 1; I find that hard to believe based on what i'm seeing.
You've made your opinion abundantly clear and there is now a professional disagreement. If you have already reviewed the FAQ in my signature and still cannot come to terms with the fact that pcars2 is being built then there's not much left to discuss as you have the information how SMS rarionalized this decision and it is something to simply accept now.

You will not be "banned" for discussing it further but it is becoming tiresome to push an argument (keep developing pcars1, not just bug fixing but continuation of major tech/feature development) that clearly SMS (and other companies) finds sub-optimal from a business perspective. What you are asking WILL NOT happen, in surety.

KK78
13-07-2015, 13:45

Surely by your logic no games would ever have sequels, or expansions or DLC then because it should all be in the 1st game? That's not how it works, it cannot work like that because ideas and new elements can come during develop and technical advances, games are not the same scope or proposition they were in the past where you had limited amount of modes, options and online functionality. Not to mention the industry would be not sustainable under your 'model', or at least the more costly bigger games wouldn't be. It's like saying I refuse to watch Mad Max Fury Road because all the ideas/stories should have been in the 1st film.

If you genuinely can say there is not enough content in PCars then I'd love to know what games you deem to have enough content?

CopperySinger5
13-07-2015, 13:49
You've made your opinion abundantly clear and there is now a professional disagreement. If you have already reviewed the FAQ in my signature and still cannot come to terms with the fact that pcars2 is being built then there's not much left to discuss as you have the information how SMS rarionalized this decision and it is something to simply accept now.

You will not be "banned" for discussing it further but it is becoming tiresome to push an argument (keep developing pcars1, not just bug fixing but continuation of major tech/feature development) that clearly SMS (and other companies) finds sub-optimal from a business perspective. What you are asking WILL NOT happen, in surety.

If this is the response to my quoted questions about Project Cars 2, note taken...

CopperySinger5
13-07-2015, 14:01
Surely by your logic no games would ever have sequels, or expansions or DLC then because it should all be in the 1st game? That's not how it works, it cannot work like that because ideas and new elements can come during develop and technical advances, games are not the same scope or proposition they were in the past where you had limited amount of modes, options and online functionality. Not to mention the industry would be not sustainable under your 'model', or at least the more costly bigger games wouldn't be. It's like saying I refuse to watch Mad Max Fury Road because all the ideas/stories should have been in the 1st film.

If you genuinely can say there is not enough content in PCars then I'd love to know what games you deem to have enough content?

Personally, I could not think of anything major at the moment to add to Project Cars 1, But to make sure that PC1 is the best at what it does, and after that point I could then share my opinions on what should be added in Project Cars 2. That is why I prefer all current focus to be on project cars 1.

CopperySinger5
13-07-2015, 14:21
So, you think SMS should've asked you for permission first before starting to develop a new game?

Did you even read the OP?

No I don't think SMS should ask for my personal opinion when they created this game, they made a beautiful game. But I do think they did research within the gaming community to assist game creation. Which is also a good idea to do it again with pc2, after the final pc1 conditioning and fixes. I have no way of telling you what can be done in Project Cars 2 when development and tweaks is ongoing with project CARS 1.

CopperySinger5
13-07-2015, 14:38
Some ideas just can't squeeze into the budget for pCARS 1, the old plan for pCARS 1 was much larger than this. Adding features is probably not as easy as we think as well, thats probably the reason why pCARS 2 need to exist. The time to start making the sequel is normal, Bethesda started making Fallout 4 once Fallout 3 is shipped. It is either SMS start a new project or they start firing and downsizing the company, supporting a game dont need that many people.

The largest difference here is SMS announced the sequel the minute they start working on it instead 6 months before release. They need the community to shape the game too, since CARS stands for Community Assisted Racing Simulator.

I'll explain, Lets take DRIVECLUB on ps4 for an example, after It's release I could list many things that should be added or fixed; if they had a sequel coming soon or later. But now after all the major fixes, my list of opinions is much different. Basically what i'm saying is Driveclub is in a different state now as compared two months after release, also I fear that sharing opinions on a sequel during first phase would cause current project to suffer by all great ideas being transferred over to Project CARS 2.

Umer Ahmad
13-07-2015, 14:53
THe place to share great ideas about pcars2 is at the pcars2 forum (you know how to enter). And the members over there have been openly sharing their pcars2 ideas since that forum was instanced.

The place to discuss pcars1 ideas is this forum.

Participation and "sharing of ideas" at either forum does not guarantee anything for either game. The final decision to include/exclude game features is with SMS as it is their intellectual property in totality. Only SMS can properly evaluate the complexity, criticality and cost for any suggested game feautre. We non-SMS have not the appropriate information to make the final decisions.

In the end, you may be looking for the iRacing subscription model (constant updates to the SAME game). This is NOT the model chosen by SMS (nor the overwhelming majortiy of gaming software houses).

It seems as though you seek to have your future potential and currently non-existent "great ideas" ONLY implemented in pcars1, a game for which you have already paid for and therefore you would receive this features at zero additional cost to you. I dont see this as a feasible method, surely additonal NEW software work must be "sold" so costs would necessarily need to be covered. Would you be willing to pay for these new features? And at a certain point the operational concept of "batching" kicks in to reduce the transactional or administrative overhead, a new game is born. It cannot be as continous as we would hope. Discretization is the norm here.

CopperySinger5
13-07-2015, 15:25
THe place to share great ideas about pcars2 is at the pcars2 forum (you know how to enter). And the members over there have been openly sharing their pcars2 ideas since that forum was instanced.

The place to discuss pcars1 ideas is this forum.

Participation and "sharing of ideas" at either forum does not guarantee anything for either game. The final decision to include/exclude game features is with SMS as it is their
intellectual property in totality. Only SMS can properly evaluate the complexity, criticality and cost for any suggested game feautre. We non-SMS have not the appropriate information to make the final decisions.

In the end, you may be looking for the iRacing subscription model (constant updates to the SAME game). This is NOT the model chosen by SMS (nor the overwhelming majortiy of gaming software houses).

It seems as though you seek to have your future potential and currently non-existent "great ideas" ONLY implemented in pcars1, a game for which you have already paid for and therefore you would receive this features at zero additional cost to you. I dont see this as a feasible method, surely additonal NEW software work must be "sold" so costs would necessarily need to be covered. Would you be willing to pay for these new features? And at a certain point the operational concept of "batching" kicks in to reduce the transactional or administrative overhead, a new game is born. It cannot be as continous as we would hope. Discretization is the norm here.

I agree, lets keep all things Project CARS 1 for the moment.

Lothar Keiling
13-07-2015, 15:34
how it looks after pcars 2, then comes pcars 3, -4, -5 .... ?????
why it must be a successor in 2 years ?????
what should be be better in pcars2 change / ?????

ALmullen
17-07-2015, 07:42
Heres an idea, have a speacial pre order package (for project cars 2)that comes with a discount speacial on the spider wheel(its about $90), it will encourage people to buy the game and play how its supposed to be played, with a wheel...well i guess the only way to play since the devs forgot write the code correctly for the controller, how? I dont know, rookie mistake.

1 last thing; More money to be made on console customers, so tighten up SMS, cause Forza is in ya slip stream.

T0MMY
17-07-2015, 07:54
I'll explain, Lets take DRIVECLUB on ps4 for an example, after It's release I could list many things that should be added or fixed; if they had a sequel coming soon or later. But now after all the major fixes, my list of opinions is much different. Basically what i'm saying is Driveclub is in a different state now as compared two months after release, also I fear that sharing opinions on a sequel during first phase would cause current project to suffer by all great ideas being transferred over to Project CARS 2.

What makes you think Drive Club 2 is not in development now? Even development starts now doesn't mean it will be released next year or 2 years later. The development could have started now but not announce it until 6 months before release. It is unfair to compare pCARS to Drive Club, Drive Club had a bad launch and it took a pretty long time to get to this state. pCARS just came 2 months ago and now entering the third month, give pCARS the same amount of time you gave Drive Club to improve, if 8 months after pCARS release and major bugs is still around I'll be as worry as you.

CopperySinger5
17-07-2015, 15:31
What makes you think Drive Club 2 is not in development now? Even development starts now doesn't mean it will be released next year or 2 years later. The development could have started now but not announce it until 6 months before release. It is unfair to compare pCARS to Drive Club, Drive Club had a bad launch and it took a pretty long time to get to this state. pCARS just came 2 months ago and now entering the third month, give pCARS the same amount of time you gave Drive Club to improve, if 8 months after pCARS release and major bugs is still around I'll be as worry as you.

"What makes you think Drive Club 2 is not in development now?" what made you say this?

T0MMY
17-07-2015, 16:05
"What makes you think Drive Club 2 is not in development now?" what made you say this?

They didn't openly announce it a month after the first game release doesn't mean it haven't started. They could be working on it or maybe not working on it but complaining about pCARS 2 development start while pCARS 1 is still buggy is the same case here. A game take years to complete, even the annual Need For Speed release had 2 years cycle, looking at the scope pCARS 2 is having I doubt they can be done in 2 years. Having about half the force patching game and the other half prototyping the sequel.

Like I said before, same example as I use before. Fallout 4 started working the minute Fallout 3 is shipped and they are still buggy too, at least for New Vegas (Slightly different game though). One of the quest giver seem to stuck in a wall at my current play through and it is still a known bug. Another example will be Dragon Age Inquisition, that game started prototyping before Dragon Age 2 even out. This a game development cycle, is either a new project or the company have to start downsizing.

CopperySinger5
17-07-2015, 17:49
They didn't openly announce it a month after the first game release doesn't mean it haven't started. They could be working on it or maybe not working on it but complaining about pCARS 2 development start while pCARS 1 is still buggy is the same case here. A game take years to complete, even the annual Need For Speed release had 2 years cycle, looking at the scope pCARS 2 is having I doubt they can be done in 2 years. Having about half the force patching game and the other half prototyping the sequel.

Like I said before, same example as I use before. Fallout 4 started working the minute Fallout 3 is shipped and they are still buggy too, at least for New Vegas (Slightly different game though). One of the quest giver seem to stuck in a wall at my current play through and it is still a known bug. Another example will be Dragon Age Inquisition, that game started prototyping before Dragon Age 2 even out. This a game development cycle, is either a new project or the company have to start downsizing.

What if Driveclub had announced a sequel and asked the community to help with the project when game was filled with bugs? Many people could not even play that game at release. a similar situation is here, it makes no difference to me if Driveclub had more bugs than Project cars.

Simply, If you announce a sequel after you have proven to take care of the quality of the first presentation, then I will support it.

T0MMY
18-07-2015, 00:29
What if Driveclub had announced a sequel and asked the community to help with the project when game was filled with bugs? Many people could not even play that game at release. a similar situation is here, it makes no difference to me if Driveclub had more bugs than Project cars.

Simply, If you announce a sequel after you have proven to take care of the quality of the first presentation, then I will support it.

You should also remember this is a normal development cycle, that's how every game work that is building a franchise. A sequel being worked on while the first being buggy is not the death of the first game and it is pretty obvious that SMS not dumping the game yet. Patches are coming and PC just got their patch 2.5 not too long ago and they still have schedule of content coming up to at least next year February.

The announcement of the sequel for community to join in is not compulsory for everyone and personally I think it is a bad time to announce it too but it is not surprised to see them started, it's just how the game development works.

The only reason I see that this whole announcements cause that much noise is just because not much people could accept the announcement of a sequel that fast after the first game released and it was in a rather poor state. This is not a practice we have seen else where either, every game that we see that has a sequel coming is announced pretty close at launch instead of the moment the game started to work on.

KK78
20-07-2015, 12:50

Just to politely point out that I've had Driveclub for over 9 months now and it's initial woes were sorted pretty quickly so aside from sporadic server issues many months ago it was largely fixed very quickly and then continually improved with new features, improvements and a ton of content (some of which was free) After a terrible launch Driveclub is arguably one of the best examples of how to remedy a poor game launch, listen up Warner Bros. and Ubisoft!

Umer Ahmad
29-07-2015, 15:27
Some perspective of exactly how the industry works (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-was-basically-done-before-bethesda-even-/1100-6429241/)

DayGlow
31-07-2015, 00:01
Another thing is that people complaining that content for PC1 will somehow instead be put into PC2 don't understand development cycles. The moment that PC entered Beta status around 6 months before release ( forget the exact timeline ) content and features for PC1 was set. That is what a beta is. It's feature complete. Some content was removed as it wasn't complete at the beta phase so it was dropped.

Well before PC1 was finished ideas and features that weren't able to be realized because of timelines/financing/etc were dropped or pushed to PC2. Just like any other game development.

yusupov
31-07-2015, 00:26
content isnt actually set tho, ian bell said a week or so ago theyre talking with lamborghini, so theres a good chance they come on board for pC1 & if you can get lambo, you can probably get nissan or chevy (the other 2 that seem to be most requested, other than ferrari)

3800racingfool
31-07-2015, 01:12
content isnt actually set tho, ian bell said a week or so ago theyre talking with lamborghini, so theres a good chance they come on board for pC1 & if you can get lambo, you can probably get nissan or chevy (the other 2 that seem to be most requested, other than ferrari)

Correct. Content may not be set in stone however, for the most part, features are locked down and unchangeable thus the the reason for this Q/A (emphasis added):

A: PCars 1 is finished from a production standpoint. Additional content and bugfixes will continue to be released. SMS has a team of roughly 40 people working on PCars 1 still correcting issues and prepping/finishing DLC content. In fact, since Project Cars 2 was announced, SMS has also announced Project CARS patch 2.0 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32776-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-2-0-Release-notes) containing over 75 fixes and adjustments across all platforms.

EDIT: @Umer, I poached that link and added it into the OP.

TrevorAustin
31-07-2015, 07:01

They didn't ask the community for help, but why let the truth stand in the way:) fifa 17 and possibly 18 is already under way.

CopperySinger5
31-07-2015, 12:56
Some perspective of exactly how the industry works Fallout 4 Was "Basically Done" Before Bethesda Even Announced It (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-was-basically-done-before-bethesda-even-/1100-6429241/)

so, project cars two is "Basically Done" while project cars one is not?

when I see the slogan " The Ultimate Driver Journey..." Then when I go to a race and the drive button is locked or my car is missing. But Lets' just ignore glaring issues like that and start on Project CARS 2 okay?

If there is plenty support to start a sequel there should be no problems fixing the first one in a timely matter. But as of today i'm still suffering several instances of locked drive button and missing car on track and we are still discussing project CARS 2 "For Dummies".

yes I feel insulted.

Umer Ahmad
31-07-2015, 13:25
Clearly you missed the point: Unlike Fallout4, SMS is inviting players to help make project cars 2 VERY EARLY in the process.

Most studios dont give a toss about discussing their games with players during development. Your constant whinging about acknowledged issues is a reason they'd rather not discuss with players. (And the locked Drive button is fixed in PC patch 2.5 which will be available in console patch 3.0)

If you cant deal with the current bugs then hang it up for 3 months and check back, maybe it will be better for you later and no i dont expect you to hold your breath.

CopperySinger5
31-07-2015, 13:43
Clearly you missed the point: Unlike Fallout4, SMS is inviting players to help make project cars 2 VERY EARLY in the process.

Most studios dont give a toss about discussing their games with players during development. Your constant whinging about acknowledged issues is a key driver why the industry is they way it is. (And the locked Drive button is fixed in PC patch 2.5 which will be available in console patch 3.0)

If you cant deal with the current bugs then hang it up for 3 months and check back, maybe it will be better for you later and no i dont expect you to hold your breath.

so you are telling me, Basically, game developers don't have enough funds to fix a game before It's release so they depend on sale to hire quality control fixers?

Hanging the game up does not sound like a fix for the problem. I already spent my cash on it so that would be pointless. But waiting several months or years before purchasing it would be the smart way to do it. And, by that time the sequel would be released while I'm enjoying the first one. I will do this for now on.

I'm absolutely sure I didn't missed the point this time, thank you for helping me to open up my eyes.

DayGlow
31-07-2015, 14:59
so you are telling me, Basically, game developers don't have enough funds to fix a game before It's release so they depend on sale to hire quality control fixers?

Hanging the game up does not sound like a fix for the problem. I already spent my cash on it so that would be pointless. But waiting several months or years before purchasing it would be the smart way to do it. And, by that time the sequel would be released while I'm enjoying the first one. I will do this for now on.

I'm absolutely sure I didn't missed the point this time, thank you for helping me to open up my eyes.

Do you have any business experience? Where I work we have our current project, and the plans on the go for the next project, the project after that, and so and so on. We actually have a 25 year business plan, because you know, we like to be in business in 25 years. If you aren't activity planing for the future you will go out of business, no matter if you are making widgets or video games.

Or would it make sense that SMS lay off half their staff at the conclusion of PC1, then in 6-12 months time try to rehire them for the next project. You really think they can hang onto staff working like that?

You are showing a serious lack of understanding of very basic business principles.

amazed
31-07-2015, 20:04
You: hijacking a thread to post issues that should be raised elsewhere.....

CopperySinger5
31-07-2015, 20:33
Do you have any business experience? Where I work we have our current project, and the plans on the go for the next project, the project after that, and so and so on. We actually have a 25 year business plan, because you know, we like to be in business in 25 years. If you aren't activity planing for the future you will go out of business, no matter if you are making widgets or video games.

Or would it make sense that SMS lay off half their staff at the conclusion of PC1, then in 6-12 months time try to rehire them for the next project. You really think they can hang onto staff working like that?

You are showing a serious lack of understanding of very basic business principles.

EXACTLY! Because I have years and years of experience buying video games instead. And for me showing you how much business experience I have as a consumer of this product is redundant. And for you to point out the lack of, is also unnecessary.

When I begin to see quick fixes parallel to the quick Project CARS 2 announcement then I will start to rethink what you are saying.

Telling a consumer {"you don't know business principles"}, means YOU showing lack of understanding.

"We don't expect consumers to look at the business side, when seeking enjoyment."

DayGlow
31-07-2015, 22:00
So you're Butt hurt because they are more transparent than most companies. Wonders will never cease.

Do you see a lack of support? I see direct interaction with the Devs here. Frank no BS discussion of what is happening. Timelines of new content and yes, patch support. Maybe not at the speed you desire, but it's pretty evident you have unrealistic expectations.

You should try to get this level of interaction on Ubisoft or EAs forum.

CopperySinger5
02-08-2015, 11:13
So you're Butt hurt because they are more transparent than most companies. Wonders will never cease.

Do you see a lack of support? I see direct interaction with the Devs here. Frank no BS discussion of what is happening. Timelines of new content and yes, patch support. Maybe not at the speed you desire, but it's pretty evident you have unrealistic expectations.

You should try to get this level of interaction on Ubisoft or EAs forum.

Dayglow, You make a good point. I cant help but to stop and think about how some game companies will never hear input from the community. Some of them are so bad that it seems pointless to even go to the forum. When I look back at TDU2, at first it was a horrible experience, and I don't know who was at fault Atari/Eden. But I can say that I stayed committed with the game to the very end because it was something appealing about it that helped me overlook the bugs. Eventually the game was perfected fixed but a little too late for many people imo. With Turn 10 (forza) and polyphony digital (ps), I didn't spend much time being butt hurt in their forums because I was too busy enjoying their game and had no need to see transparency; thats just the way it is. As a matter fact, I never had to search Gran Turismo 6 forum, The game was nearly flawless imo. GT6 on ps3 was the motivation that caused me to purchase a ps4 so I can be prepared for gt7.

With Project CARS, there is also many good things about the game but is has it's flaws and transparency is good to see. That maybe why I still have faith in this game. I don't think my expectations are unrealistic, but maybe surrealistic. And if you want to make a comparison between game companies, why not compare with similar: Turn 10 or Polyphony Digital. Because who needs transparency when you have a GREAT racing game.

I see many people tell me "it's people like you that hurts the gaming industry", so I'm labeled that person. Therefore I may have the credibility to help you rid "ME" from your worries. Because it was also people like "ME" who nearly broke their fingers playing forza and gt, and is waiting anxiously but won't hold my breath to do it again for Project CARS 1, then 2 and so on.

AirFlight101
19-08-2015, 09:32
Hi Together,

when will the window for registration be closed?
Are there any news about the Early Access program for the Sony PS4?

Kind Regards,
AirFlight

Umer Ahmad
19-08-2015, 10:04
1. No information but i think by end of 2015 it will be closed.
2. No information about PS4 but we do see new Call of Duty is having beta access for PS4 so already one big AAA game is doing it so likely (if not so high costs) SMS will try for this also on PS4.

Toyotagt1
26-08-2015, 10:46
I really hope when it does the texture come out like drive club or gran turismo on better

Neil Hopwood
26-08-2015, 10:47
Probably 3 years from now

hugopro4
03-09-2015, 16:55
Question above.
edit: okay so you dont want my money? fine.

Angst1974
03-09-2015, 17:03
Closed for new backers

Cholton82
13-09-2015, 18:27
Without trawling through the whole thread can somebody tell me what kind of Motorsport series will be in if that is known ? Will they continue with Sports car racing like the GT3's , LMP's etc ? I sure hope so and wish you all every success with this .

3800racingfool
14-09-2015, 03:40
Without trawling through the whole thread can somebody tell me what kind of Motorsport series will be in if that is known ? Will they continue with Sports car racing like the GT3's , LMP's etc ? I sure hope so and wish you all every success with this .

FYI: All the pertinent info in this thread is in the OP.

Currently the official car roster/series aren't known. From what info we have so far it appears it will include dirt/rally however that won't be the only thing.

AirFlight101
20-09-2015, 13:02
1. No information but i think by end of 2015 it will be closed.
2. No information about PS4 but we do see new Call of Duty is having beta access for PS4 so already one big AAA game is doing it so likely (if not so high costs) SMS will try for this also on PS4.

I'm very sad about the closing of the PC2 registration window. Just red that the PS4 Early Access program is announced, that was the main reason because i didn't registered till now.
Any backdoor to access the PC2 crew?

rocafella1978
23-09-2015, 02:36
I have a feeling 2016 pCARS 2 is coming...as much as people like to disagree.

yusupov
23-09-2015, 03:13
well, its not, so...

Cheesenium
23-09-2015, 03:14
I have a feeling 2016 pCARS 2 is coming...as much as people like to disagree.

If you are going to believe the rubbish that clickbait blog spew, then, I have nothing to say. He had pretty much leaked tiny portion of what is planned then deliberately misleading and twist it out of proportion with false information. As usual, deliberately ignored the genuinely interesting new features and improvements that is being worked on.

SMS is expanding on quite a few things in pcars 2, it would be a miracle to see it out even in 2017.

pcars 1 was supposed to be out in 2012 yet it was delayed numerous times to 2015. What makes you think the sequel will be out in less than 1 year's time.

gingercat
27-09-2015, 07:12
PCars2 release date confirmed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfr64zoBTAQ

2stains
12-11-2015, 10:46
I looked but cant find any info on whether Project cars 2 will continue to have such great wheel support .I.E will my Fanatec GT2 work now we know how to use all the tools given to us and how good the older wheels can feel because of said tools. So many people bought wheels like mine because of Project cars. What a shame if support doesn't continue .

Bealdor
12-11-2015, 10:51
What gives you the impression that wheel support could get worse in PCARS 2?

I highly doubt that.

2stains
12-11-2015, 10:58
No impression here just really hoping my wheel will work , wheel support could only get worse couldn't it given the amount of wheels that work in pCars 1. SMS are the reason all the wheels work on this gen consoles.

NitroBN
10-12-2015, 17:36
Thought dummies only drove volvo's ?

atacht2015
12-12-2015, 16:04
Just looking for some more info on the various tiers etc.

- What is the difference between Digital Limited Edition and the Standard and Premium editions?
- What is the closing date for membership/toolpacks?
- Will the betas be delivered by steam again?

RomKnight
12-12-2015, 16:14
pCARS2 is not accepting new members for months now.

Asking again if they open pc2 to new members might be better

marcelo carbon
16-12-2015, 21:20
early access for Pcars 2 ????

Del Zotto x82x
17-12-2015, 16:24
I wanna play it so bad and I tried buying in but it said I was too late.. Will SMS open it up again anytime soon? Please..

"LIKE" this message if you want them to open up PCARS 2 for sale again.. haha maybe they will, prolly not.. worth a try

IJOJOI
17-12-2015, 16:29
I wanna play it so bad and I tried buying in but it said I was too late.. Will SMS open it up again anytime soon? Please..

Nope, it's closed sadly.
You are just a bit too late...

Roger Prynne
17-12-2015, 17:56
Actually it was never for sale and you cant buy it, what happens is that you buy into the development of pCARS2.

Salty Dog
05-01-2016, 06:26

Im in the exact same boat as you mate, older gamer, just back into gaming, this game just blows me away, and how good is Bathurst, im lovin it so much i cant drag myself away from it to play much else, cheers

AirFlight101
11-01-2016, 14:55
pCARS2 is not accepting new members for months now.

Asking again if they open pc2 to new members might be better

If they decide to open again. I would jump into PC2 instantly!!
Is there already an Early Access tool for PS4? Thats the reason why i hesitated to enter the PC2 community. :(

Umer Ahmad
11-01-2016, 15:31
We'll know more about console Early Access later in 2016, still quite early

k.merse
14-01-2016, 17:53
Don't you guys feel that you ripped off those who invested into PC1 for your promises to be supported for a long time and use it as a platform to build and extend on?

DayGlow
17-01-2016, 16:14
Not really. I've supported sims since the 90's and understand development includes a lot of big ideas that don't always make into the final product. It's always a gamble for Devs to share their ideas because they then become 'promises' in the eyes of some in the community.

Proper perspective correct triple screen support in pcars is a prime example. The Devs did say they would like to support it after release and I don't doubt them. Once they took a serious look they realized that they would have to recode the render from the ground up. A task that is far outside of something realistic to do. Now they have 'lied' and 'conned' people.

Something that was outside the original design, stated they would like to support it becomes a core feature in some people's minds and a massive failure when they fail to follow through with it.

colinL
29-01-2016, 16:28
So in pCars 2 we'll get more cars for each class, this basically means we'll get more group c's to compete the Sauber Mercedes C9 right?

Mahjik
29-01-2016, 16:50
So in pCars 2 we'll get more cars for each class, this basically means we'll get more group c's to compete the Sauber Mercedes C9 right?

The full car (and track) list is quite a ways from being finalized.

marcelo carbon
18-02-2016, 23:07
SMS and that could launch Pcars 2 in early access on Steam. :(

Ian Bell
18-02-2016, 23:13
Don't you guys feel that you ripped off those who invested into PC1 for your promises to be supported for a long time and use it as a platform to build and extend on?

It's hard to feel you've ripped someone off when within a month or so they'll have received more than 200% back on their original investment, plus the game for free.

Roger Prynne
18-02-2016, 23:31
Ripped off is the last thing I would feel..... as Ian states, we make money on our investment, get the game for free, get to see the game develop and have input over 4 years, plus meet some great people, and lots more. I'd say that's a win win in my book.

Invincible
19-02-2016, 04:16
Ripped off is the last thing I would feel..... as Ian states, we make money on our investment, get the game for free, get to see the game develop and have input over 4 years, plus meet some great people, and lots more. I'd say that's a win win in my book.

This!

Honestly, I never got so much game for so little money! Also I got to see the game develop over various years, learned a sh*tload about game development and even got more money back than I invested in the first place.
If one feels ripped off then, there's no way to help him.

I would gladly get "ripped off" again. :D

lokpes
19-02-2016, 05:57
But the main question is, pc2 will open again for who want to test it and lose the registration time, like me?!

FR-Alan
19-02-2016, 07:30
Well,
I made a suggestion. Basically, it s a weekly SMS challenge between SMS staff and a person of the community (choosen aleatory within the top 10 player of the week). The final SMS/community at the end of the week will be streamed.
That could last for 8 weeks.
If the guy of the community win, he could have access reopen for PCARS 2. IF not, all the glory for SMS and a good final streamed. :D
That means only 8 max reopen access.
Regards

Mahjik
19-02-2016, 13:42
But the main question is, pc2 will open again for who want to test it and lose the registration time, like me?!

That was already answered in another thread, and in short, no it will not reopen. Not because SMS doesn't want to, but there are other limitation.

proloser2
19-02-2016, 14:06
Hey again guys. I had a quick question about PCars 2.

Is it actually possible to buy early access plans for PCars 2 now from here (http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/project-cars-2/#)? I can't seem to find any 'buy now' buttons/links.

Also, are there builds to test for those who have paid already?

Mahjik
19-02-2016, 14:08
To answer the questions:

1. Early access for pCARS2 is closed. It will not be reopening: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32482-Announcing-Project-CARS-2-Sign-Up-Closed&p=1223798#post1223798

2. Yes, builds have been going on for a while now for pCARS2 but it's very very early in the development process.

proloser2
19-02-2016, 14:17
Ah, thanks. I was asking because I would have liked to have seen a game actually getting built from scratch (studying programming/IT at uni, this kind of thing really interests me).

Glitchdj
19-02-2016, 14:53
Ah, thanks. I was asking because I would have liked to have seen a game actually getting built from scratch (studying programming/IT at uni, this kind of thing really interests me).

If that kind of thing interests you, take a look at the bugsmashers series for the in-development game Star Citizen.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVct2QDhDrB3tDp7Sk8z_LKNaR0hDtazF

(This post is NOT meant as a catalyst for a discussion about the game itself!)

Umer Ahmad
19-02-2016, 15:41

It was a hell of behind-the-scenes experience from 2011-2015. Professors cannot teach this stuff. (I have a Comp Sci degree)

Cheesenium
19-02-2016, 16:10
It was a hell of behind-the-scenes experience from 2011-2015. Professors cannot teach this stuff. (I have a Comp Sci degree)

And it was an eye opener on how a game is being developed in terms of project management, design and production. I have a lot of respect for developers who are making complicated software like this.

ELAhrairah
19-02-2016, 16:16
Dammit...i have no pcars 2 access !

Grunotti
20-02-2016, 06:49
Do we get all the cars and tracks from pcars1 also in pcars2?

Cheesenium
20-02-2016, 06:58

That depends on licensing but SMS will try to port any many as possible.

Ian Bell
20-02-2016, 07:00

Most but not all. You get a load of new tracks and more than we had in pCARS1.

gmspromo
20-02-2016, 07:17
Please, please, PLEASE don't do what the forza/turn 10 guys do ... sell you dlc in one version of the game and then when the next one comes out, sell more dlc with cars you already bought the last time around!!
I have no problem with different cars and tracks in dlc, but it takes the mickie a bit making you buy cars once, only to have to buy them again in the next iteration of the game ...

VaplexR
20-02-2016, 07:21
Will there be any more chances to join the WMD development for PCars2 any time in the future? I am interested in giving a helping hand in testing, spotting bugs, and may be help with any painting of 3D models which I love doing as a hobbies ( i done more then half of the cars custom liveries and plan to do all of the cars (I'm majoring in UID, so u know i can't help it to get my paint brush out). i have a thing for customization for tuners and doing sweet mods.

David Wright
20-02-2016, 08:19
Please, please, PLEASE don't do what the forza/turn 10 guys do ... sell you dlc in one version of the game and then when the next one comes out, sell more dlc with cars you already bought the last time around!!
I have no problem with different cars and tracks in dlc, but it takes the mickie a bit making you buy cars once, only to have to buy them again in the next iteration of the game ...

That's the beauty of DLC. You DON'T have to buy it.

Vittorio Rapa
20-02-2016, 12:26

I'm not saying this is our case (we are not to the point where we already decided the economic aspect of the game), but for most developers that price is asked to cover the license costs, more than obtain a real profit, they are used to increase the game longevity (see us for example, with our very low entry point for our DLC's). In most cases the manufacturers sells their license per platform and per game title, so you need to re-negotiate (and pay for) them again, you can't just use the same model (and the same license) in another title. Also, the models are often reworked (if not built from scratch again), because the engine evolves during the years. Whenever some people sees all this like an attempt to collect more money, in many cases it's not a matter of being greedy, but the opposite: to not have a loss.

FR-Alan
20-02-2016, 12:44
I'm not saying this is our case (we are not to the point where we already decided the economic aspect of the game), but for most developers that price is asked to cover the license costs, more than obtain a real profit, they are used to increase the game longevity (see us for example, with our very low entry point for our DLC's). In most cases the manufacturers sells their license per platform and per game title, so you need to re-negotiate (and pay for) them again, you can't just use the same model (and the same license) in another title. Also, the models are often reworked (if not built from scratch again), because the engine evolves during the years. Whenever some people sees all this like an attempt to collect more money, in many cases it's not a matter of being greedy, but the opposite: to not have a loss.
I don't get it entirely. If it s just the way to create a new "opus" of the game who make you to buy licence again, just go for an add-on of the first title. you won t lose what you already signed and can add fresh content witch need in that case yes, to have the money back.
Come on guy's you say you did not think of economic aspect but moving to a sequel is already an economic strategy :D.
Bu thanks for the explenation.
Regards

Bealdor
20-02-2016, 12:56
Addons don't sell well. That's why not many of them are released anymore and developers prefer to sell smaller DLCs nowadays and move on to making new games.

3800racingfool
20-02-2016, 13:18
Addons don't sell well. That's why not many of them are released anymore and developers prefer to sell smaller DLCs nowadays and move on to making new games.

Also, in terms of a game like pcars, add-ons don't remove engine limitations that prevent desired features from being in the game.

FR-Alan
20-02-2016, 13:21
You are maybe right. But depends on the contain, as for DLC i think.
If you go for an extansion, with a good targeted price, you keep players for PC1 (means economic strategy and the angry for PC1 won t feel raped or forgotten anymore). You make a reduced price for the new buyers (PC1 + extension = Price of extension + value of PC1 2 years later).
You can add all the contain you want, fix all the bugg and add all the feature you want.
That what i think would define the best : longevity.
There is sense for me to do that in all ways.
regards

Vittorio Rapa
20-02-2016, 18:22
I don't get it entirely.

We were discussing the reason of why the game developers are asking to their customers to pay for certain contents that were released already for a previous title, and one of those reasons is mentioned above.

FR-Alan
20-02-2016, 18:46
We were discussing the reason of why the game developers are asking to their customers to pay for certain contents that were released already for a previous title, and one of those reasons is mentioned above.
Thanks Vittorio, i understood this point.

Kunal_Racedriver
21-02-2016, 04:25
I would love to see Pcars 2 bugs free and solid in sorting off technical issues on final release. The abundance of content will be secondary if majority has a product that leaves no excuses on stability/glitches. I have my vote of confidence for these developers to pull such a title. I am also eagerly waiting for any news on Redbull Air racing game as well. It can be a real fun as a time trial game on VR. I hope it will not be bland as usual flight simulators and is as dynamic as project cars.

We have Pcars1 with/without VR for quite a while to keep us busy. I don't mind waiting for a polished and refined result that is designed with VR in mind.

Darren O'Brien
23-02-2016, 23:36
Most but not all. You get a load of new tracks and more than we had in pCARS1.

Woop, Woop, Woop

Ben_Rogue
27-02-2016, 10:30
Just a random idea...
I've been hoping for some glimpses of P.Cars 2 or news on progress, but since the sign ups for the P.Cars 2 Forum are closed off to most of the public there is no real way to learn what's happening. Is there any chance some higher ups would consider allowing the setting up of a section on this forum for updates on P.Cars 2? I know that, due to the game being in the development process, progress can often be temporary and features and content may get removed, so you don't really want that information being out there for people to get upset about. But being a 'Community' project, why not include some more of the general P.Cars community? Even if it's nothing too specific... :p

plama
03-03-2016, 23:57
Seeing that Pcars 2 is expanding its type of races/tracks that are going to be included, I hope that drag race strips/cars also be implemented.

Tummie555
04-05-2016, 16:18
"Season pass" please this time around.

Mascot
24-05-2016, 09:32
Just a random idea...
I've been hoping for some glimpses of P.Cars 2 or news on progress, but since the sign ups for the P.Cars 2 Forum are closed off to most of the public there is no real way to learn what's happening. Is there any chance some higher ups would consider allowing the setting up of a section on this forum for updates on P.Cars 2? I know that, due to the game being in the development process, progress can often be temporary and features and content may get removed, so you don't really want that information being out there for people to get upset about. But being a 'Community' project, why not include some more of the general P.Cars community? Even if it's nothing too specific... :p

I was going to start a new thread asking for something similar to this, but found this post (sadly, without reply three months later).

A lot of non-WMDers are obviously curious about pCARS 2, but it goes deeper than that. I genuinely feel that a public drip-feed of minor pCARS 2 titbits is absolutely essential in maintaining interest in the franchise, especially with Assetto Corsa and GT Sport launching in the next few months. I know we are still at least a year away from pCARS 2, but a steady stream of info, however minor, would help to remind the buying public that SMS aren't resting on their laurels, and help to keep pCARS front and centre in sim racer's minds. WMD is quite rightly a closed shop, but having everything hidden behind a blackout blind seems a little too exclusive right now. I'm not talking about ramping up the marketing at this early stage, I'm talking about teasing new manufacturers, new locations, screenshots or audio snippets. Anything really to keep interest going. And you can bet anything at all will be picked up my gaming news outlets and distributed widely. That's got to be for the general good, hasn't it?

DayGlow
25-05-2016, 19:44
I was going to start a new thread asking for something similar to this, but found this post (sadly, without reply three months later).

A lot of non-WMDers are obviously curious about pCARS 2, but it goes deeper than that. I genuinely feel that a public drip-feed of minor pCARS 2 titbits is absolutely essential in maintaining interest in the franchise, especially with Assetto Corsa and GT Sport launching in the next few months. I know we are still at least a year away from pCARS 2, but a steady stream of info, however minor, would help to remind the buying public that SMS aren't resting on their laurels, and help to keep pCARS front and centre in sim racer's minds. WMD is quite rightly a closed shop, but having everything hidden behind a blackout blind seems a little too exclusive right now. I'm not talking about ramping up the marketing at this early stage, I'm talking about teasing new manufacturers, new locations, screenshots or audio snippets. Anything really to keep interest going. And you can bet anything at all will be picked up my gaming news outlets and distributed widely. That's got to be for the general good, hasn't it?

The issues of sharing ideas and development progress is that any feature that is being considered/tested becomes a promise and when it is decided that the feature cannot be used because of time/cost constraints the developers become 'liars', 'lazy', and 'only interested in making money' as they don't include all features as set out at the beginning of development.

AbeWoz
25-05-2016, 19:51
The issues of sharing ideas and development progress is that any feature that is being considered/tested becomes a promise and when it is decided that the feature cannot be used because of time/cost constraints the developers become 'liars', 'lazy', and 'only interested in making money' as they don't include all features as set out at the beginning of development.

I cant say that I agree with this. There have been numerous games that have done this, DCS specifically comes to mind, and every time they release a potential teaser, they always include the "this is not a representation of final gameplay" or similar, disclaimer. The issue with pCARS1 that comes to mind, is the actual press release of the Indy 500 being able to be played in full length, etc.
Now i 100% understand why this never came to fruition, but having an actual press release that shows content that will be included in a game, is entirely different from showing pre-alpha content that may be included in a game.
Hence where the libel started with the "lazy", "liars" etc.

I agree that some teasers are the best way to keep people interested, but it has to be done properly, with the disclaimer that it is only a representation of what might be in the final product.

Mascot
27-05-2016, 10:57
If tracks and manufacturers are already signed up for pCARS 2 (as some are, if overt winks and nudges from insiders on these boards are to believed), then why not tease those in some way?

F1_Racer68
30-05-2016, 14:14
I cant say that I agree with this. There have been numerous games that have done this, DCS specifically comes to mind, and every time they release a potential teaser, they always include the "this is not a representation of final gameplay" or similar, disclaimer. The issue with pCARS1 that comes to mind, is the actual press release of the Indy 500 being able to be played in full length, etc.
Now i 100% understand why this never came to fruition, but having an actual press release that shows content that will be included in a game, is entirely different from showing pre-alpha content that may be included in a game.
Hence where the libel started with the "lazy", "liars" etc.

I agree that some teasers are the best way to keep people interested, but it has to be done properly, with the disclaimer that it is only a representation of what might be in the final product.

I guess you haven't spent much time reading this forum then (I'm kidding, I know you have).

Unfortunately, while your comments might seem to be the intelligent approach/understanding, the reality is that this is far from the common approach/understanding. Common sense isn't so common after all. This forum is full of threads and comments from people calling SMS "liars" and "Lazy" and accusing them of "only being after the money". Just look at the IndyCar or Ovals discussions. No matter how many times SMS (or others) explain the reason for the lack of Ovals, all they get are insults and accusations rather than understanding.

For sure, I would love to get some hints and sneak peeks at Pcars2, but I can fully understand why SMS is being tight lipped this time.

OctoberDusk06
07-06-2016, 17:27
I guess you haven't spent much time reading this forum then (I'm kidding, I know you have).

Unfortunately, while your comments might seem to be the intelligent approach/understanding, the reality is that this is far from the common approach/understanding. Common sense isn't so common after all. This forum is full of threads and comments from people calling SMS "liars" and "Lazy" and accusing them of "only being after the money". Just look at the IndyCar or Ovals discussions. No matter how many times SMS (or others) explain the reason for the lack of Ovals, all they get are insults and accusations rather than understanding.

For sure, I would love to get some hints and sneak peeks at Pcars2, but I can fully understand why SMS is being tight lipped this time.

Corporations react to demand and potential liability, in general. The mere fact that they are being "tight lipped" is evidence that they may have screwed up by over-promising in the first place. No need to argue against a valid point by shifting the focus to other, less-mature users. SMS is not tight-lipped because their feelings are hurt, I can assure you. They are tight-lipped because they know they made a mistake that created exposure. I'm willing to give them a pass, since the game was a giant leap in the right direction, and a first on console. But I'll not try to silence others who have a valid point. As for SMS, better just to allow them to be geeks than worry about marketing.

Konan
07-06-2016, 18:15
SMS have their reasons not to "expose" too much of their plans for Pcars2...
There can be speculations about those reasons for pages and pages but that is still just what they are:speculations...
I know as much as you guys about Pcars2 and that is what SMS has revealed so far and personally i wouldn't want them to reveal things that weren't a certainty yet...
Don't forget the rage that was caused when shown features were cancelled for Pcars1 (no matter what explanation was given)...I'm sure they don't want that happening again.
As for the "this is not a representation of final gameplay"...there are always people who seem to ignore that and it's usually those people who start ranting...

Mahjik
07-06-2016, 18:51
They are tight-lipped because they know they made a mistake that created exposure.

Not at all... Once things for pCARS2 are in a more viewable/stable state, you'll start reading/seeing information flowing about it.

rosko
07-06-2016, 19:58
SMS have their reasons not to "expose" too much of their plans for Pcars2...
There can be speculations about those reasons for pages and pages but that is still just what they are:speculations...
I know as much as you guys about Pcars2 and that is what SMS has revealed so far and personally i wouldn't want them to reveal things that weren't a certainty yet...
Don't forget the rage that was caused when shown features were cancelled for Pcars1 (no matter what explanation was given)...I'm sure they don't want that happening again.
As for the "this is not a representation of final gameplay"...there are always people who seem to ignore that and it's usually those people who start ranting...

yeah, the rage, the rage. Just a bit silly imo but i guess some people are like that. I hope i don't have to wait too long for so,me sort of news. just anything tiny, would be something.

Konan
07-06-2016, 20:18
yeah, the rage, the rage. Just a bit silly imo but i guess some people are like that. I hope i don't have to wait too long for so,me sort of news. just anything tiny, would be something.

Well,since most of the team has moved to Pcars2 i imagine we'll get some news soon...

OddTimer
16-08-2016, 13:40
I know SMS is looking into bringing PCars 2 to preview on the Xbox. Preview is now available on W10 PC as well. Can it be considered?
http://www.windowscentral.com/microsofts-xbox-game-preview-program-expands-windows-10-everspace

1nterceptor
10-09-2016, 00:19
I want to play Project Cars2
Is there the plan of the additional offer of the cloud funding?:confused:

Konan
10-09-2016, 06:15
I want to play Project Cars2
Is there the plan of the additional offer of the cloud funding?:confused:

If you mean crowd funding...no there isn't (and probably won't be)...

1nterceptor
10-09-2016, 06:22
If you mean crowd funding...no there isn't (and probably won't be)...
Very sad:sorrow:
I wait until an official sale date:cool:
Thank you

Konan
10-09-2016, 06:27
Very sad:sorrow:
I wait until an official sale date:cool:
Thank you

No problem...i'm waiting for it too...:D (but having fun with Pcars1 until it comes) :cool:
I suspect it won't be long until we get some info on Pcars2 though (well...more hoping for some info really...lol)

Animera
11-09-2016, 20:35
+1
I'm so wishing to see something about PCARS2, anything really.
IMO, and I've been playing racing games since the 80's, PCARS is the best racing game ever made and I can't wait for PCARS2.

F1_Racer68
11-09-2016, 21:52
+1
I'm so wishing to see something about PCARS2, anything really.
IMO, and I've been playing racing games since the 80's, PCARS is the best racing game ever made and I can't wait for PCARS2.

Me too.... This was my first "sim".

https://www.google.ca/search?q=monaco+grand+prix+arcade+game&client=ms-android-bell-ca&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjcrvKypYjPAhXLmR4KHTUVDhwQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=518#imgrc=aXWZzPXqkR-VTM%3A

Completely agree about pCARS being the best I've used. Really eager to see some official news.

Konan
12-09-2016, 00:08
...i was a bit earlier...

https://media.fun.be/media/catalog/product/cache/43/small_image/320x/0dc2d03fe217f8c83829496872af24a0/2/0/20013250_1_1_fun.jpg

1nterceptor
12-09-2016, 02:55
Please do recruitment of participants once again:D

Konan
12-09-2016, 05:48
Please do recruitment of participants once again:D

Do like me and wait for Pcars3...:p

1nterceptor
12-09-2016, 06:02
I am an old man
When Pcars3 is released, I am in heaven:rolleyes:

Konan
12-09-2016, 06:12
I am an old man
When Pcars3 is released, I am in heaven:rolleyes:

I'd happily settle for some teasers ATM...patience,patience,patience...:cool:

Roger Prynne
12-09-2016, 20:06
Tease tease tease :highly_amused:

Konan
12-09-2016, 20:57
AHA!
Guess I've officially been teased...
see...patience pays off after all...:rolleyes:

TheBadBoyRay
17-09-2016, 00:09
Be great to see pcars 2 on xbox game preview program

Gauderio Insano
16-03-2017, 22:29
como fašo pra comprar o pcars 2?

Mahjik
17-03-2017, 01:56
como fašo pra comprar o pcars 2?

English only on this forum.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378860/

Early entry is closed. You will have to wait until the release.