PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS - Worth A Buy?

Pink_650S
23-06-2015, 23:27
Hey guys!
I know l'm kind of late to the party, but l just stumbled over this pretty funny review.
The guy seems to be fairly impressed with the game and also gets a bit emotional about Nigel Mansell ;)
Check it out :)

http://youtu.be/Ke_Bg1xa6Ic

Knightfall
23-06-2015, 23:37
That was the review that just made me drool while I was waiting for the game to be delivered... Must have watched that 3 or 4 times on release date waiting for my Amazon package to show.

That being said, he is absolutely spot on when he says it doesn't matter your skill. If you like racing, you will like this game. Improvements have already been made since that video was released.

Pink_650S
23-06-2015, 23:43
Indeed.
He really is spot on with his points. He noticed the few flaws, but at the same time names all the great things about this game, which outnumber the flaws by miles.

jimmyb_84
23-06-2015, 23:46
haha, but he is right!

Bloody brilliant game

awaite85
23-06-2015, 23:50
Yes.

Baron_Greenback
24-06-2015, 01:52
Another eccentric Geordie.

resmania
24-06-2015, 02:26
Another eccentric Geordie.

What! Mack is my favorite Youtuber xD

jason
24-06-2015, 02:33
That's a great review , you can feel the excitement in his voice .

Pink_650S
24-06-2015, 02:35

I only just discovered him, he's pretty entertaining to watch, although a bit harsh on console gamers...

Baron_Greenback
24-06-2015, 02:57

I live ten minutes drive from Geordieland, I used to work with about 1000 Geordies, at Nissan. Most of them are like that. It gets old, trust me.

jason
24-06-2015, 03:47
Yeah I guess , Imagine listening to 30 of them at the pub.

Alan Dallas
24-06-2015, 04:20
I hadn't seen this video review yet. I share his enthusiasm about it. Well done.

Note: I'm still looking for that option to set the size of the drivers penis. <---That's a joke btw. I shouldn't need to point it out, but...

blowfishrulez
24-06-2015, 05:36
Yeah I guess , Imagine listening to 30 of them at the pub.

What is a Geordie?

CCM
24-06-2015, 05:45
Is it worth a buy? If you like road racing and nothing but road racing then this game is perfect for you. If you like online racing with know rules and a bunch of kids ruining your game play then this is for you. If you like iracing then this game is not for you. If you want ovals and all you hear is " they are coming for over a year now" Then this game is not for you. Im starting to think Pcars is just telling it's customers what they want to hear and not acutely doing what they say.

dodge33cymru
24-06-2015, 05:48
Is it worth a buy? It's worth a try, but so are several other sims if you're talking PC. I'd give this a go, but also Assetto Corsa and R3E (the latter of which has free access weekend this coming weekend).

Each has its own strengths, and what you prefer is up to you.

Alan Dallas
24-06-2015, 06:06
Is it worth a buy? If you like road racing and nothing but road racing then this game is perfect for you. If you like online racing with know rules and a bunch of kids ruining your game play then this is for you. If you like iracing then this game is not for you. If you want ovals and all you hear is " they are coming for over a year now" Then this game is not for you. Im starting to think Pcars is just telling it's customers what they want to hear and not acutely doing what they say.

Is it worth a buy? It's worth a try, but so are several other sims if you're talking PC. I'd give this a go, but also Assetto Corsa and R3E (the latter of which has free access weekend this coming weekend).

Each has its own strengths, and what you prefer is up to you.
You guys do know this thread is about that video review right? The YouTuber that did it does a series called "Worth a Buy?".

@CCM I'm staring at the Daytona development progress thread right now. So they are definately doing and have done did. Patience please.
Thread I'm referring to for the WMD members: http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?15416-Volusia/

CCM
24-06-2015, 06:13
You guys do know this thread is about that video review right? The YouTuber that did it does a series called "Worth a Buy?".

@CCM I'm staring at the Daytona development progress thread right now. So they are definately doing and have done did. Patience please.
Thread I'm referring to for the WMD members: http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?15416-Volusia/

OH LOL. Thought it was de railed by the YouTuber review my bad lol. Ok patience grr im trying here lol.

spinkick
24-06-2015, 06:32
I think its a great game!

jimmyb_84
24-06-2015, 06:35
I live ten minutes drive from Geordieland, I used to work with about 1000 Geordies, at Nissan. Most of them are like that. It gets old, trust me.

not just me then, worked at the same place.

Pink_650S
24-06-2015, 07:53

Haha ;)
Was about to say the same.

What is a Geordie?

I think thats the people from northern england?

UMadBro
24-06-2015, 08:00
You should be careful with what you buy. Check your PC specs, the game specs requirement and update to the latest drivers, buy new hardware if necessary. I plan to get a new PC sometimes this or next year so I can play all the hottest games.

chig88
24-06-2015, 08:03
I think thats the people from northern england?

I live in the North of England (unfortunately :(), and Geordie refers to people from Newcastle.

Ingo_Schwartz
24-06-2015, 08:21
It's so flexible, it's as flexible as a flexible thing that's very flexible... HAHA loved it!

danowat
24-06-2015, 08:28
Does PCars have bugs?, sure it does, many, is it worth a buy?, an emphatic yes, even with said bugs there is a heck of a lot of fun to be had, and it's well worth the entry fee.

Pink_650S
24-06-2015, 08:49
I live in the North of England (unfortunately :(), and Geordie refers to people from Newcastle.

Why is that unfortunate? :/
Ha, so people from Newcastle get their own nickname, thats pretty cool :)

chig88
24-06-2015, 08:52
Why is that unfortunate? :/

For many reasons I won't bore you with haha.

Safe to say I live in probably the worst part of it, but not all of the North is bad. Newcastle is actually alright.

NemethR
24-06-2015, 08:54
I still think this game has been the best buy I ever made in terms of a PC Game.
This will entertain me for years I am sure.