PDA

View Full Version : Losing Control

jsykes
24-06-2015, 00:18
So tonight I'm running an enduro on the Ring and I go into the pits as it starts to rain and when I come out of the pits, I have no control. The computer took over for the rest of the race. I couldnt get him back in the pits when it stopped raining either. So with over 30 min to go, I had to just watch and hope it stayed in the lead.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there something I missed here? Is there a way to get them back in the pits? The only control I had over the car with any button on my controller was to turn the wipers on or off.

Neil Bateman
24-06-2015, 00:40
That sounds very strange, can you try and replicate it, check all your button mappings havent changed and run the exact same race. I am sure you can driver swap with the AI during pit stops so maybe by accident thats what happened.

jackd94
24-06-2015, 01:04
That sounds very strange, can you try and replicate it, check all your button mappings havent changed and run the exact same race. I am sure you can driver swap with the AI during pit stops so maybe by accident thats what happened.

Thus has happened to me a couple times... I made a thread about it a week or so ago

jsykes
24-06-2015, 01:45
I thought that might have been what it was, but havent had the chance to check again. But if that did happen, how do you regain control? I tried every button on the controller and couldnt get it to pit again or relinquish control. It would be good to know how to get the control back if it happens again.

danpinho
24-06-2015, 01:54
During pit you probably hit accidentally the "swap driver" option in the menu.
You can map a < Pit > function button so you can request a new pit stop during race and than swap back.

jackd94
24-06-2015, 03:03
You can map a < Pit > function button so you can request a new pit stop during race and than swap back.

Can't do this online.

jsykes
24-06-2015, 03:27

So it has to be previously mapped to the controller? So if you accidentally do it and dont have the option mapped out you're just sol huh?

danpinho
24-06-2015, 03:32
Can't do this online.
Sorry but I can't figure what you mean

danpinho
24-06-2015, 03:37
So it has to be previously mapped to the controller? So if you accidentally do it and dont have the option mapped out you're just sol huh?

Imagine if the DEVs tried to forecast all the "accidentally" events we can cause…
Well in this case we are buddy. After all it's not a big deal. I have it mapped and I use it a quite few times for countless reasons. Its better than get into pit and read "Pit is Occupied" isn't it?! Or watch Bob driving your car :)