PDA

View Full Version : T100 queries....

gbm
24-06-2015, 01:35
Ok so I just got my T100 for ps4, and I did all the setup steps correctly (at least I think), as well as doing some reading on some walkarounds I need to do in order to make it work....(like plugging it in once the game is on)

But after all that, and setting the values, I don't feel a thing. The only feedback sensation I get is the grinding of the wheel mechanics in the base of the wheel.

I have tried both blinking and non-blinking red light modes, but still nada.

The telemetry has a verrrrrry slight EKG-like reading going, but nothing major.

Any help would be great.

jason
24-06-2015, 01:43
this thread may help bud

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32176-Thrustmaster-T100&highlight=t100

And another with some issues for t100 , hopefully between the two the info you require is there. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24238-Problem-with-Thrustmaster-T100&highlight=t100

gbm
24-06-2015, 01:49
Yeah, those were the two threads I referenced actually.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, because this is the most underwhelming experience I've ever had. lol

jason
24-06-2015, 01:57
hehehe I don't have t100 , I'm sure someone will pop in with some info bud.

gbm
24-06-2015, 02:04
hmmmm, think it matters that I'm using a US plug adapter with it? This T100 had a 2-prong European plug on it. I wonder if that's affecting it....

jason
24-06-2015, 02:23
Nah wouldn't think so mate , I use plenty of US items that I have to stick a adaptor on , mind you none of these are wheels .

jason
24-06-2015, 02:26
So the wheel is actually working bud , just no feedback?

Mr.Smoke
24-06-2015, 02:37
Rather odd. I run a T100 and have never had this issue. I cant see using a power adapter could cause something like that. Sounds more like a defective wheel if its making grinding noises.

jason
24-06-2015, 02:42
We are getting to the problem , the wheels fine ........ sop values @ zero no feedback happening.

gbm
24-06-2015, 03:11
So it turns out (Thanks Jason), I wasn't inputting the last string of values (SOP). Now I feel something.

However, after reading the debate about the blinking vs non-blinking light setting, I think the blinking light feels better.

Any advice on this?

jason
24-06-2015, 03:21
Your welcome GBM ...... C'mon guys we need some else to step in from here as I don't have this wheel.

gbm
24-06-2015, 03:28
The more I read up on this, the more I see that this LED indicates Auto Centering ON/OFF.

So, in real life, there is no auto centering, however, with it ON I definitely feel more tug on the wheel....I'm prob confusing that auto center tug for FFB. This is incorrect though, isn't it?

jason
24-06-2015, 03:39
Well for me there is some what they call return spring ( auto center ) it does feel like it tugging you back towards the middle ( im not sure with your wheel but if you drop the mz scale that will ease of a little ..... It does in t500 ....... Give it a go

Yes it is correct. And real cars do this to a certain extent .

gbm
24-06-2015, 04:00
Well for me there is some what they call return spring ( auto center ) it does feel like it tugging you back towards the middle ( im not sure with your wheel but if you drop the mz scale that will ease of a little ..... It does in t500 ....... Give it a go

Yes it is correct. And real cars do this to a certain extent .

I actually WANT that pull. With it "off", I don't have any sensation of road grip, or anythng of that nature. I'd imagine I can turn the Mz scale UP in order to gain that sensation some more?

jason
24-06-2015, 04:13
yes

madmax2069
24-06-2015, 04:58
Have you brought up the telemetry HUD while driving and watched the lines that show up on the graph in the top left of the screen, cause those are your force feedback outputs values (shows what feedback the wheel should be seeing). If the lines are maxed at the top or bottom you wont be seeing any feedback from anything.you have to adjust each vehicle so that the lines fall within range of that graph.

You do this by pressing option and go to tune setup and press the right paddle shift (i do believe) to change the screen to force feedback tab, there is where you set up the force feedback so that it will work for that wheel for the car youre driving. Usually you want the same aetting for each car.

gbm
24-06-2015, 05:50
Have you brought up the telemetry HUD while driving and watched the lines that show up on the graph in the top left of the screen, cause those are your force feedback outputs values (shows what feedback the wheel should be seeing). If the lines are maxed at the top or bottom you wont be seeing any feedback from anything.you have to adjust each vehicle so that the lines fall within range of that graph.

You do this by pressing option and go to tune setup and press the right paddle shift (i do believe) to change the screen to force feedback tab, there is where you set up the force feedback so that it will work for that wheel for the car youre driving. Usually you want the same aetting for each car.

My telemetry registers ever so slightly if I turn the wheel a bit, or if I go over a curb or something. But even at that, it's pretty feint.

jack1984
24-06-2015, 06:08
My telemetry registers ever so slightly if I turn the wheel a bit, or if I go over a curb or something. But even at that, it's pretty feint.

That's strange, my T100 bounces all of the place and I even had to reduce Tyre Force to prevent clipping (flatlines at the top left graph). Maybe you need to crank up the Tyre Force?

Crisis Nine
24-06-2015, 08:56
Yeah I'd say stick the tyre force up if it feels a bit flimsy. I have the T100 and I have FFB set to 100 and tyre force set to 140. You get some nice FFB with the tyre force so high.

Mr.Smoke
24-06-2015, 10:17
Blink mode is meant for games without FFB. It should be on the solid light not the blinking one.

Did you use Jack Spades FFB settings? If so, which one? I use the bumps plus except my master & SoP scales are set to 40. I keep tire force & master FFB level at 100 and the FFB is great. Nice & strong.

Really sounds like either you have some settings messed up, or the wheel has something wrong with it.

gbm
24-06-2015, 18:13
Blink mode is meant for games without FFB. It should be on the solid light not the blinking one.

Did you use Jack Spades FFB settings? If so, which one? I use the bumps plus except my master & SoP scales are set to 40. I keep tire force & master FFB level at 100 and the FFB is great. Nice & strong.

Really sounds like either you have some settings messed up, or the wheel has something wrong with it.

Ok now we're getting somewhere. I recently decided to (thanks Smoke) increase the Master & SOP value by about 5 clicks or so, along with the MZ that controls wheel tightness, it's feeling great now!

HLR Joker
24-06-2015, 19:16
My wheel is set to default, FFB is incredibly strong, the blinking light is self centre spring on/off, with light on it adds more weight to the wheel and a greater sense of FFB. When using wheel on PC I applied Jack Spades settings to my Pcars Steam folder, with PS4 you have to use the console friendly alternatives but so far I've seen no reason to alter from default. I'd say you may have a dodgy wheel (apparantely its common for Thrustmaster wheel to develop faults).

Mark

Mr.Smoke
24-06-2015, 20:59
Ok now we're getting somewhere. I recently decided to (thanks Smoke) increase the Master & SOP value by about 5 clicks or so, along with the MZ that controls wheel tightness, it's feeling great now!

Glad i could be helpful man. Honestly, with all the different FFB settings in pCARS there really shouldnt be a need to put the wheel in the blink mode. You can get some pretty damn good FFB out of the T100 by simply tweaking settings.

gbm
24-06-2015, 21:15
My wheel is set to default, FFB is incredibly strong, the blinking light is self centre spring on/off, with light on it adds more weight to the wheel and a greater sense of FFB. When using wheel on PC I applied Jack Spades settings to my Pcars Steam folder, with PS4 you have to use the console friendly alternatives but so far I've seen no reason to alter from default. I'd say you may have a dodgy wheel (apparantely its common for Thrustmaster wheel to develop faults).

Mark

So really it's just for an extra boost of FFB? lol

Cool, good to know.