PDA

View Full Version : Pit Stop on Lap 2 - how do you change this?

Warren1571
24-06-2015, 05:58
Okay my first post ..... Firstly, Project Cars is simply amazing - SMS have done an epic job!!

Does anyone know how you change the mandatory pit stop lap number in a career race? - no matter what I do the race engineer always tells my to pit on Lap number 2. If I'm doing a 15 lap race, pitting at lap 2 for new tyres makes no sense, and is a bad strategy.

I've saved pit settings for fuel etc but nowhere does it allow me to set the lap number that I can find.

Thanks

Bealdor
24-06-2015, 06:28
The wording is a bit irritating but essentially he's just telling you that the pits are open now. You can still pit later if you want.

DozUK
24-06-2015, 08:28
Okay my first post ..... Firstly, Project Cars is simply amazing - SMS have done an epic job!!

Does anyone know how you change the mandatory pit stop lap number in a career race? - no matter what I do the race engineer always tells my to pit on Lap number 2. If I'm doing a 15 lap race, pitting at lap 2 for new tyres makes no sense, and is a bad strategy.

I've saved pit settings for fuel etc but nowhere does it allow me to set the lap number that I can find.

Thanks

Hi, another thing to be aware of in case you are running your laps with only enough fuel to reach your pitting lap, a lot of races with mandatory pits don't allow fuelling also so check the rules of the race first and if necessary load enough fuel to get you to the end of the race!

-UT-
24-06-2015, 08:59
Yes, and you need to reach the pit on the inlap, or you get DSQ, annoying especially online and you have won the race:)

tarbat
24-06-2015, 09:18
The wording is a bit irritating but essentially he's just telling you that the pits are open now. You can still pit later if you want.

I've tried that, ignored the lap 2 pit-in message, but when I do eventually pit, on lap 4, it says my pit box is occupied and drives me straight through the pits without stopping :(

Siberian Tiger
24-06-2015, 09:25
I've tried that, ignored the lap 2 pit-in message, but when I do eventually pit, on lap 4, it says my pit box is occupied and drives me straight through the pits without stopping :(

Then you was just a unlucky Guy, Your Teammate which is ussing the Same Box was allready in the Pits...

julesdennis
24-06-2015, 09:26
It said that because your "teamate" was in the pits.So you have to do another lap before going in.The "pit box is occupied" message comes the moment your "crew mate" goes in and until he is out.You cant be both in the pits in the same time.

tarbat
24-06-2015, 09:29
Yes, I realise that my team mate was in the pits, but how could I know that before I entered the pit lane?

Bealdor
24-06-2015, 09:32
Yes, I realise that my team mate was in the pits, but how could I know that before I entered the pit lane?

The "pit box is occupied" message appears as soon as your teammate drives in the pits (even if you're not pitting). Sounds like really bad timing in your case.

Warren1571
24-06-2015, 11:09
Yeah, it kind of seems a bit dodgy not being able to set a pit strategy. I've ignored the pit in on lap two call only to find that you get an on-screen pitboard graphic telling you to pit every lap until you finally do.

I've also seen the pit box is occupied message so that works fine but I do think they could fix up the race engineer call to come in and allow you to set a strategy.

Thanks for the info though. I thought maybe I was just missing something in the menu options perhaps.

Warren1571
25-06-2015, 05:45
Does anyone know if this is going to be fixed or improved in the next patch?

Dude68
01-07-2015, 14:11
Hi
Can there be 3 cars in your team as today I had just started a lap can't remember track but got the pit occupied message on left screen, Half way around the lap it disappeared so I thought I can pit now. Got to pit entrance and pit occupied came up again so went for a drive through and pitted on next lap. Is there a cool down time for the pit crew?. Only way I can explain it is there was a 3rd car in my team that pitted just before me. Or my team mate warped a lap and pitted again.

A bit annoying being told every lap I need to pit, hope we can change this in the future in pit strategies. (I can live with it)

Any Ideas,
Thanks in advance

AngelBrow
01-07-2015, 18:24

Can you remove the pitboard on the righthand side? Cos its blocking my mirror. Have to see if the car behind is making a move and what direction he/she is going.

Thanks!

Arkhaine
02-07-2015, 02:30
Can you remove the pitboard on the righthand side? Cos its blocking my mirror. Have to see if the car behind is making a move and what direction he/she is going.

Thanks!

Did you try doing the edit HUD option?

AngelBrow
02-07-2015, 05:19
Did you try doing the edit HUD option?

No, ill check it out. Thanks