PDA

View Full Version : Optimal car conditions

Kart14
24-06-2015, 15:21
I am getting Project Cars soon and and would like to know what the optimal temperature conditions are for each part of the car.

For example, tyres, oil, water, brakes and any other important factors like that.

I know I could see when the tyres get red or blue on the HUD, however, I want to race without the HUD on so I need to know when something is too hot or too cold.

Thanks.

Pink_650S
24-06-2015, 15:42
When you first get Project Cars, the things stated above wont be the most urgent problems to worry about :p

Kart14
24-06-2015, 15:53
When you first get Project Cars, the things stated above wont be the most urgent problems to worry about :p

What is more important then? Also would like to know the temps for later on in the game then.

Pink_650S
24-06-2015, 17:00
What is more important then? Also would like to know the temps for later on in the game then.

To keep the cars on the track and to get used to the individual behaviour each car has ;)

Kart14
24-06-2015, 17:22
To keep the cars on the track and to get used to the individual behaviour each car has ;)

Lol. True! Lets hope karting in real life helps (I have the record!)

TrevorAustin
24-06-2015, 17:44
How are you going to know.the temps without the hud?

Kart14
24-06-2015, 17:45

Motel(Damn auto correct!) Motec display maybe?!

Pink_650S
24-06-2015, 17:58
While yes, Kart, but not all cars have these :eek:
How do you know so much about the game anyway?

SmileinHD
24-06-2015, 18:01

I mentioned this in another post.

There are many different telemetry apps (which I think are currently the only option) that allow you to view your engine/oil temperatures. The official site has a list of them here: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html
Also, some cars have telemetry in the interior showing their temperatures.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 18:05
While yes, Kart, but not all cars have these :eek:

Then on some of them I may turn the HUD on (or just deal with it like real-life drivers do!). This is why I like the idea of Voice Commands in F1 2015. This means I can turn the OSD on yet get the important information (like fuel, tyres etc) by asking my crew like in real life.

How do you know so much about the game anyway?

YouTube and looking at this forum. This is one of the main reasons to join this forum was to learn about the game before I played it! Want a head start! ;) :p

Also is there a difference between a HUD (Head-Up Display) to a OSD (On Screen Display)?

Pink_650S
24-06-2015, 18:06
Also, some cars have telemetry in the interior showing their temperatures.

Well, good luck focusing on the race :rolleyes:

TheReaper GT
24-06-2015, 18:09
Then on some of them I may turn the HUD on (or just deal with it like real-life drivers do!). This is why I like the idea of Voice Commands in F1 2015. This means I can turn the OSD on yet get the important information (like fuel, tyres etc) by asking my crew like in real life.

YouTube and looking at this forum. This is one of the main reasons to join this forum was to learn about the game before I played it! Want a head start! ;) :p

Also is there a difference between a HUD (Head-Up Display) to a OSD (On Screen Display)?

Yep, the names say so, HUD display as much information to keep your head up looking to the road/sky. OSD is all the other crap that's not the main media on your screen, like your TV volume bars or TV menu.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 18:10
Well, good luck focusing on the race :rolleyes:

Hence why you check once a lap or on the straight! :p

Kart14
24-06-2015, 18:11
OSD is all the other crap that's not the main media on your screen, like your TV volume bars or TV menu.

Then why is Codemasters F1 series HUD called OSD? Thats what it says in the menus.

TheReaper GT
24-06-2015, 18:12

Easy to say now. Once you have the game on your screen, all the juicy information keeps asking for your attention. I disable the HUD the momment the tyres are hot.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 18:16
Easy to say now. Once you have the game on your screen, all the juicy information keeps asking for your attention. I disable the HUD the momment the tyres are hot.

OK, thanks for that. How bad do hot and cold tyres affect performance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_FreDrOFd0

Sorry, just had to!

Pink_650S
24-06-2015, 18:16

Fair enough. Still, good luck with it ;)
I'll stick to hitting every apex, thats what brings me laptimes, not a 100Ěc hot engine or overheating brakes :D
Speaking of... l remember lan saying that brakes rarely overheat or even break, unless its a very very long race and you keep abusing them.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 18:18
unless its a very very long race and you keep abusing them.
That may be me then since I break late! :)

TheReaper GT
24-06-2015, 18:19
OK, thanks for that. How bad do hot and cold tyres affect performance?

Sorry, just had to!

They are crucial, man. I.E if you start a qualify with a McLaren F1 longtail or a Mercedes CLK-GTR and floor the throotle you will spin like hurricane katrina, but you go easy for about a lap, the tyres get optimal temperature, you can floor those mothers and they will be on rails, guaranteed.

Grijo
24-06-2015, 18:32
They are crucial, man. I.E if you start a qualify with a McLaren F1 longtail or a Mercedes CLK-GTR and floor the throotle you will spin like hurricane katrina, but you go easy for about a lap, the tyres get optimal temperature, you can floor those mothers and they will be on rails, guaranteed.

LOL...try to foot down the Lotus 98T Renault with cold tyres..."insane" is the correct word for this

Kart14
24-06-2015, 19:03

So you mean when you do qualy and start with cold tyres you should warm them up? Looks like this game is different to Codemasters F1 games since I never struggled with cold tyres before.

What happens with hot tyres?

TheReaper GT
24-06-2015, 19:06
So you mean when you do qualy and start with cold tyres you should warm them up? Looks like this game is different to Codemasters F1 games since I never struggled with cold tyres before.

Yes, you have to warm them up. Cold tyres have low grip, optimal temperature have the best grip overall. If you overheat the tyres you lose grip and accelerate the tyre wear.

funknerraw
24-06-2015, 19:07

It depends on the car. Some cars, such as the GT3, use tire warmers to pre-heat the tires before qualifying, whereas others such as the Formula cars (not sure if all but definitely the lower ones) start out with cold tires that you have to warm up with a lap or two before going full out.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 19:12
So hot tyres are basically cold tyres with extra wear then?

Kart14
24-06-2015, 19:13
Yes, you have to warm them up. Cold tyres have low grip, optimal temperature have the best grip overall. If you overheat the tyres you lose grip and accelerate the tyre wear.

Like the quote in your sig ("The internet is full of dickheads, and always will be"). How true!

TheReaper GT
24-06-2015, 19:16
So hot tyres are basically cold tyres with extra wear then?

I don't know what you mean. The tyre material is simulated, so it wears out and sits in the track, building a path of rubber, just like in real life. You have to watch your tyres to mantain performance and avoid unecessary pit stops, specially in long races.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 19:21
Yes, you have to warm them up. Cold tyres have low grip, optimal temperature have the best grip overall. If you overheat the tyres you lose grip and accelerate the tyre wear

I don't know what you mean.
What I mean is cold tyres have bad grip, Hot tyres also have bad grip. The difference is the hot tyres have accelerate tyre wear. Is this what your meaning?

The tyre material is simulated, so it wears out and sits in the track, building a path of rubber, just like in real life. You have to watch your tyres to mantain performance and avoid unecessary pit stops, specially in long races.

TheReaper GT
24-06-2015, 19:22
What I mean is cold tyres have bad grip, Hot tyres also have bad grip. The difference is the hot tyres have accelerate tyre wear. Is this what your meaning?

Kind of, by hot I mean overheat. You can have cold tyres, optimal temperature and too hot.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 19:26
Kind of, by hot I mean overheat. You can have cold tyres, optimal temperature and too hot.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I also mean too hot (overheating) when I say hot. Glad to see we're on track with each other! Get it? On track!

Kart14
25-06-2015, 16:25
So what are the optimal temps and other conditions? We seemed to move slightly off topic ;)

TheReaper GT
25-06-2015, 16:28
So what are the optimal temps and other conditions? We seemed to move slightly off topic ;)

I think is all related. I don't know the exactly temperature, but the game shows a graphic of the four wheels and Blue means cold, green optimal, red means too hot. I believe the temperature can be different for each car due to weight, weight distribution, driving/braking style.

Kart14
25-06-2015, 16:43
I believe the temperature can be different for each car.

So you suggest looking at the HUD for when the colour changes? That way I will know what the numbers are for my car?

TheReaper GT
25-06-2015, 16:46
So you suggest looking at the HUD for when the colour changes? That way I will know what the numbers are for my car?

Yeah, I think so. In the hud cycle there's a telemetry screen, with all the temp for each part of each tyre, brakes, weight distribution, weight load on each tyre. I have to give that screen some time.

Kart14
25-06-2015, 16:52
Yeah, I think so. In the hud cycle there's a telemetry screen, with all the temp for each part of each tyre, brakes, weight distribution, weight load on each tyre. I have to give that screen some time.

Ok, Thanks for that. Is it possible to turn the HUD on and off while racing?

TheReaper GT
25-06-2015, 16:54
Ok, Thanks for that. Is it possible to turn the HUD on and off while racing?

Yes, you can cycle it and one of the stages is full off.

Kart14
25-06-2015, 16:56
Yes, you can cycle it and one of the stages is full off.

Cool. So this will be good for now! :)

RTA nOsKiLlS
25-06-2015, 19:35
Then why is Codemasters F1 series HUD called OSD? Thats what it says in the menus.

because codemasters suck! Cant make games properly, cant implement dlc properly, but they can replicate all the bugs and issues from their previous games, straight into the new games.

If you want to play F1, I'd save your money, and play it on Pcars.

My optimal tyre temps seem to be "260". Thats a nice shade of ferrari red. It only takes me 1.5 laps to get 4 wheels on fire on some tracks. Some of the community events I have sat and waited for the tyres to turn blue, then I set off. That way I get more than 1 lap with 4 green tyres.

Kart14
25-06-2015, 20:12
because codemasters suck! Cant make games properly, cant implement dlc properly, but they can replicate all the bugs and issues from their previous games, straight into the new games.

Cant we have at least one thread that doesn't say anything bad?

Codemasters has voice recognition and formation laps now in F1 2015. And for once it is released when the F1 2015 season is still running! It is a big update compared to the previous series. Whenever I've played F1 games I have never runned into bugs or glitches (apart from one invisible wall once and never found it again [Think it was on <= F1 2012])

If you want to play F1, I'd save your money, and play it on Pcars.

I can play both games you know (and what I want to).

My optimal tyre temps seem to be "260". Thats a nice shade of ferrari red.

Thats optimal temperature?!? They are meant to be green not red. Try changing your tyre pressures to cool them down. Also be less aggressive on the corners. That would help

jackd94
26-06-2015, 00:12

This is rubbish. You must suck at driving if you think that you shouldn't be tweaking the settings.

First thing I did was take my car out for an out lap.
Was it under steering? Yes tune it.
Tire temperature. You should aim for 100-110 on all of the three numbers above the wheel in the telemetry screen.

Pink_650S
26-06-2015, 00:25
This is rubbish. You must suck at driving if you think that you shouldn't be tweaking the settings.

Did l say he shouldnt tweak his settings? I only stated that the temperatures wont be his first concerns. So read more carefully next time, thanks.

You must suck at driving

Cute.
Is this an offer?