PDA

View Full Version : About the nVidia banners

Robski
24-06-2015, 16:20
Is there a patch planned for the future removing these? Every circuit is plastered with nVidia banners, I haven't really counted them but I'm sure there's 20+ of them on certain circuits. It kinda breaks the immersion for me.

pCARS is supposed to be a sim, simulating car racing. It should be realistic. The nVidia banners really don't add anything to realism, if anything they take away from it. I'd have them replaced with real life props all day long.

I hope this is going to happen one day.

Steam
24-06-2015, 16:21
The way it's meant to be played.

chig88
24-06-2015, 16:29
Erm..... what? Don't 99.9% of race tracks have advertising banners? Assuming that's what you're referring to.

Patch2K
24-06-2015, 16:34
Enough with your hatred of nVidia, just admit it, you bought the wrong card.....

Or maybe it is just that, a constant reminder that you bought the wrong card, a bit like those VW ads :D

Robski
24-06-2015, 16:34
Erm..... what? Don't 99.9% of race tracks have advertising banners? Assuming that's what you're referring to.

Not so much, no. Plus, I've walked around Silverstone, SPA, Monza countless times. I didn't see a single nVidia banner. Oh, also Imola.

Robski
24-06-2015, 16:35
Enough with your hatred of nVidia, just admit it, you bought the wrong card.....

Or maybe it is just that, a constant reminder that you bought the wrong card, a bit like those VW ads :D

Can you please stay on topic?

I'm running a gtx 970 overclocked to 1550/7800, not sure where you're getting your sources from. I'm actually thinking about getting a 980ti because the FuryX reviews are pretty bad.

MrFlibble81
24-06-2015, 16:37
Is there a patch planned for the future removing these? Every circuit is plastered with nVidia banners, I haven't really counted them but I'm sure there's 20+ of them on certain circuits. It kinda breaks the immersion for me.

pCARS is supposed to be a sim, simulating car racing. It should be realistic. The nVidia banners really don't add anything to realism, if anything they take away from it. I'd have them replaced with real life props all day long.

I hope this is going to happen one day.

Really? You do know how business works right?

Yorkie065
24-06-2015, 16:39
Not so much, no. Plus, I've walked around Silverstone, SPA, Monza countless times. I didn't see a single nVidia banner. Oh, also Imola.

But aren't they also full of the same sponsorship boards? F1 at the moment is plastered with Rolex sponsorship over 70% of the track? I know it's not Nvidia, but they have to use something as not all tracks that have been licensed get full sponsorship license too!

Robski
24-06-2015, 16:40
Really? You do know how business works right?

I get the idea, but if you're willing to elaborate, I'll be more than willing to listen :)

Robski
24-06-2015, 16:40
But aren't they also full of the same sponsorship boards? F1 at the moment is plastered with Rolex sponsorship over 70% of the track? I know it's not Nvidia, but they have to use something as not all tracks that have been licensed get full sponsorship license too!

Yeah, agreed Yorkie, great YouTube channel btw. I'm just saying that I'd rather see authentic banners. That is all.

chig88
24-06-2015, 16:41

So they should put the actual advertising banners at each track in, despite the fact that those companies haven't paid for advertising and have nothing to do with the game? Just for added realism?

Ah.... now I see what his issue is ;)

MrFlibble81
24-06-2015, 16:42
I get the idea, but if you're willing to elaborate, I'll be more than willing to listen :)

I imagine that Nvidia paid SMS/WMD money to put their banner in the game = Business.

Yorkie065
24-06-2015, 16:46
Yeah, agreed Yorkie, great YouTube channel btw. I'm just saying that I'd rather see authentic banners. That is all.

Thank you, and I'd love to see authentic banners too! It's great to see them on those tracks that do have other sponsorship boards, and also some of the tracks that have other fictional banners too. Unfortunately though, it's the way licensing works....it's a pain in the ass!!

SmileinHD
24-06-2015, 16:59
I imagine that Nvidia paid SMS/WMD money to put their banner in the game = Business.

Um.. not exactly. Nvidia didn't pay anything really, they were just a great help in development of the game.

• In game there are a number of company logos used, e.g. on billboards around tracks. These are simply there as recognition for the work done by those companies in helping to promote Project CARS at a range of events. The companies include :
- NVIDIA
- Panasonic
- Oculus Rift

Robski
24-06-2015, 17:13
So they should put the actual advertising banners at each track in, despite the fact that those companies haven't paid for advertising and have nothing to do with the game? Just for added realism?

Ah.... now I see what his issue is ;)

Oh ok, I didn't know nVidia actually paid for advertising in pCARS, thanks for confirming.

I explained above, I'm not running an AMD rig. I'm running a gtx 970, looking into getting a gtx 980ti, seeing how poor the FuryX turned out. I did run AMD cards for most of pCARS development though.

Robski
25-06-2015, 19:41
Still, maybe the contract with nvidia will expire eventually and we'll see real banners in game. fingers crossed.

Bealdor
25-06-2015, 19:44
Oh ok, I didn't know nVidia actually paid for advertising in pCARS, thanks for confirming.

Either you wrote it wrong or you understood it wrong. NVIDIA did not pay a single penny to SMS for including those adboards.

• In game there are a number of company logos used, e.g. on billboards around tracks. These are simply there as recognition for the work done by those companies in helping to promote Project CARS at a range of events. The companies include :
- NVIDIA
- Panasonic
- Oculus Rift

Robski
25-06-2015, 19:47
Either you wrote it wrong or you understood it wrong. NVIDIA did not pay a single penny to SMS for including those adboards.

Sorry, I probably understood it wrong, think it was more than one person above me who said there's nvidia adverts in the game because other companies didn't pay for it, correct me if I'm wrong.

So, if nvidia didn't pay for advertising, it would be a routine 10 minute job to replace thes banners, right? ok, maybe not 10 minutes, but say a day or two... or even month or two. I just want to know if they're there to stay or not, because to me they are too much.

icebear
25-06-2015, 19:49
If i had the marketing budget, i would be so happy to buy a diamond Pcars 2 toolpack and offer my little company an "advertising board with your graphics (must be PEGI 3) on it" :D

Bealdor
25-06-2015, 19:50
No I don't think they'll get replaced by other sponsors.

Robski
25-06-2015, 20:14
No I don't think they'll get replaced by other sponsors.

Why not? this is supposed to be a realistic sim game and it kinda kills the immersion for me when you have 30 nvidia banners around every circuit. It wouldn't take long at all to replace them. Or remove them. I'd rather see SMS or WMD banners than the in your face green nvidia logos everywhere.