PDA

View Full Version : Online race issues (grid related)

creepyd
24-06-2015, 17:14
I can't find a thread for this, and it's not on the known bug list surprisingly.

The other day I did qualifying as usual, great all going well.
When it comes to the grid, my car spawns in the wrong place, a bit to the side and I'm given a drive through penalty (before the race has even started!).

I sometimes see people spawning on their roof even, I assume it's the same problem.
I even saw 2 players spawn 'inside' each other in the same position - they went flying when the race actually started causing chaos.

2nd similar problem..
Sometimes there are 2 of me on the grid.
An example I finished the race in 3rd place, and yet there was another 'me' in a different car sitting on the grid the entire race who came last.
I assume here that this is the cause that every race there seems to be 1-2 players just sat on the grid who never move.

NutsMammoth
28-06-2015, 12:06
Yes, this is a very common bug and known by lot of players.
Very strange to get this kind of bug in a retail version of a motorsport racing simulator game.
Maybe fixed in the upcoming patch 2.0 but not mentioned yet in the release notes, or maybe in the patch 3.0, 4.0 ...
GG!

F2kSel
28-06-2015, 13:16
It's scary the amount of bugs that are not mentioned in the fix.

Another issue on the grid is stationary cars, in nearly every race there are two or three cars that don't move.
This of course can cause large pile ups.

One problem is that all drivers are placed on the track at the start of the race even if they are away making a cup of tea.
In most other sims I've played you click to join the grid within xx seconds, it at least proves your there.

NutsMammoth
28-06-2015, 13:41
I was thinking about a workaround: if you create an online game, set Qualifying to No.
If the qualifying is a bit bugged, disable it until it's fixed in a future patch.
I remember yesterday, I joined a online race and we started directly the race.
Yes, I know, this is a bit strange to start directly a race without qualifying on a motorsport racing simulator game.
But well, this is not the first workaround on PCars, and we must deal with that.
Now I don't know if this workaround is 100% effective.

MJP
28-06-2015, 17:06
I was thinking about a workaround: if you create an online game, set Qualifying to No.
If the qualifying is a bit bugged, disable it until it's fixed in a future patch.
I remember yesterday, I joined a online race and we started directly the race.
Yes, I know, this is a bit strange to start directly a race without qualifying on a motorsport racing simulator game.
But well, this is not the first workaround on PCars, and we must deal with that.
Now I don't know if this workaround is 100% effective.

Except due to the view and steering sensitivity bugs going straight to race only to find I'm stuck in bumper cam with possible super sensitive steering too would be a bit of a race killer. I had to join a server NINE times yesterday before I was free of the two afore mentioned bugs.

FalkeGT
28-06-2015, 17:48

I would not recommend this. We recently tried this with a 20 people lobby. Guess how many made it into the race? Seven of them.
All other experience crashes or see the game stuck loading.

Neil Bateman
28-06-2015, 18:19
I experienced a cut tack warning as we went to the grid, my car was not in the correct place on the grid either, also halfway into the race my steering and FFB settings seemed to change.

F2kSel
29-06-2015, 01:06
I experienced a cut tack warning as we went to the grid, my car was not in the correct place on the grid either, also halfway into the race my steering and FFB settings seemed to change.

I was issued a drive through penalty the instant I was placed in the car, it wasn't rolling or anything, even the lights hadn't started to come on.

creepyd
29-06-2015, 12:34
Certainly seems like a common problem from what I'm reading and what I've seen myself in game (it seems to happen to at least 1 person every single race).

I hope we can see a fix for this stuff, because these things are much worse bugs than most of those that are listed as being fixed in 2.0.

-IGN- Spinster
29-06-2015, 15:00
Another issue on the grid is stationary cars, in nearly every race there are two or three cars that don't move.
This of course can cause large pile ups..

I notice this happen when a driver has more then one entry. Many times on the the lap time page there are cloned entries. If you switch to lobby you will see empty spaces with the same car position number of the person. When the race starts all the clones are the cars that is standing on the grid and the actual driver(s) is racing.

Mike Laskey
29-06-2015, 15:05
Please see http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33341-jump-start-penalty-for-nothing&p=1021814&viewfull=1#post1021814