PDA

View Full Version : 2 buttons for the same command,

Carinis
24-06-2015, 19:41
Would it be possible to allow 2 buttons to do the same command, the reason I am asking for this is that when driving the earlier formula and slower cars or the caterhams I like to use a sequential shifter not on the wheel but for formula a etc... Paddle shifts really are a must and at present I have to go into the menu and change the controls when I change type of car (a pain when racing online as your never sure what types of cars you are going to be driving)so being able to have both the paddle and sequential shifter set to change gear would be very useful.

I can't see this being too hard to implement.

3800racingfool
24-06-2015, 20:23
(Probably should be moved to Feature Suggestions)

Would it be possible to allow 2 buttons to do the same command, the reason I am asking for this is that when driving the earlier formula and slower cars or the caterhams I like to use a sequential shifter not on the wheel but for formula a etc... Paddle shifts really are a must and at present I have to go into the menu and change the controls when I change type of car (a pain when racing online as your never sure what types of cars you are going to be driving)so being able to have both the paddle and sequential shifter set to change gear would be very useful.

I can't see this being too hard to implement.

I'll take your idea a step further. Why not implement a system where multiple control "profiles" can be created and saved and then applied to each individual car in their tuning setup. I can relate to your issues with the setup as one day I'll be driving a GT3 car (that doesn't have DRS or KERS) so I won't need those buttons on my wheel. But driving F/A those buttons obviously come in very handy. The ability to select what buttons are assigned where based on what car you're driving would be huge.

Probably more of a pipe dream for PCars2 development but still an idea nonetheless.

Umer Ahmad
24-06-2015, 20:56
This would qualify as "new tech" and those kinds of changes are more for pcars2

Carinis
24-06-2015, 21:47
This would qualify as "new tech" and those kinds of changes are more for pcars2

not sure how its new tech its just button mapping and allowing 2 buttons to perform the same job other games have it in.

Fight-Test
24-06-2015, 22:01
GT5 on ps3 allowed you to have 2 1st player controllers so shouldnt be anything new. Its just on the game to do it. Also someone confirmed although I have not tried it that you can hit options button instead of backing out of control config and you do not have to map all the stuff we used to have to before 1.4. I still need to do this.