PDA

View Full Version : Possible to use headphones/headset when using T300 RS wheel

Kart14
24-06-2015, 20:33
I am getting a PS4 and Project Cars soon. I know that some of the sound comes out through the DS4 controller.

Since I am going to be using the T300 RS steering wheel I obuasly won't be using the DS4 controller. How would I make this possible to use then?

If it helps, I have a USB and component audio PS3 headset (with microphone), Beats Studio headphones and Apple headphones. If possible I would like to use my PS3 headset with my PS4 (because I will be using F1 2015 with voice recognition so I need a mic), if not would I be able to use my Apple headphones with the built in microphone?

Edit:
Just found out that my Beats Studio has a microphone too! In which case I would like to use them instead since they are the most comfortable and best quality too.

Thanks for telling me how this is possible in advanced!

Yorkie065
24-06-2015, 20:42
I believe the sounds that come out of the speaker on the PS4 controller, is the voice of the engineer and the information he gives you. If you don't use a controller, his voice will be played through whatever speakers or headset you are using instead so yes, you can use your wheel and headset without loosing the sounds played through the controller.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 20:43
I believe the sounds that come out of the speaker on the PS4 controller, is the voice of the engineer and the information he gives you. If you don't use a controller, his voice will be played through whatever speakers or headset you are using instead so yes, you can use your wheel and headset without loosing the sounds played through the controller.

Thanks for confirming that. Would still like to know if it is possible to use the headphones/headset anyway if I need to in the future.

Side note: You also do good videos on YouTube!

Yorkie065
24-06-2015, 20:54
Thanks for confirming that. Would still like to know if it is possible to use the headphones/headset anyway if I need to in the future.

Side note: You also do good videos on YouTube!

Yes, you can use it whenever you want to.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 20:57
Yes, you can use it whenever you want to.

How would I when playing with the T300 RS?

Yorkie065
24-06-2015, 21:28
How would I when playing with the T300 RS?

You just plug your headphones into the audio jack on either your TV or PS4. I'm not sure where it is exactly, but it will be one of the two. If it has a headphones jack, plug it into that and all sound should play through it.

Kart14
24-06-2015, 21:45
You just plug your headphones into the audio jack on either your TV or PS4. I'm not sure where it is exactly, but it will be one of the two. If it has a headphones jack, plug it into that and all sound should play through it.
What if the lead isnt long enoughf to reach the ps4 (tv doesnt have a aux lead) does it support ps3 usb headsets? Can you use the microphone with a aux to bluetooth addaptor?

Fight-Test
24-06-2015, 21:57
you can plug the headphones into the controller and it will work fine with the wheel. I start up my ps4 with controller and log in. Then I sign in the same account using the wheel(not that it matters the order of which you do it). When you sign in your wheel it does not kick off the controller from the profile.