PDA

View Full Version : Random breakdown.

tclancey
24-06-2015, 21:27
Hi folks.

On (roughly) lap 24 of a race on the Bugatti circuit earlier today my car just died, (Ginetta GT3) no warning, no advice, no nothing. After a couple of seconds I could start the car again and got going, although for around 30 seconds it was like driving on ice, worse than slicks in the rain. After about half a lap it started driving ok again. The tires at this point were worn, but not down to the rims.

I soon pitted and was told there was an electrical problem that they were going to investigate but it must have taken mere milliseconds, as the pit stop didn't take any longer than expected, and away I went again without any problems.

I very much doubt this is a bug, I'm sure it's all by design, (apart from the ice skating) but if something drastic goes wrong it would be helpful to have an immediate explanation from the engineer. I honestly thought my Xbone had thrown a fit!

And, can we please have a tire wear indicator somewhere? Thank you!

Has anyone else had this and worked out why?

Cheers.

madmax2069
24-06-2015, 21:39
I ran into 4 failures in a single pit stop, the pit crew fumbled a tire, dropped the lug nut twice, and had a gear box issue in a online race (20 lap race at 24h LeMans)

jason
25-06-2015, 01:10
Bloody pit crews all ways leave there brain on the pillow in the morning , oh and there body ......... blame the lollipop guy.

209079 Lollipop guys fault
209080 Lollipop guys fault
209081 Lollipop guys fault
209082 I got him , he will be fine

tclancey
25-06-2015, 11:26
(Smiles!!)

Jees madmax, that's a badly trained pit crew!

I just wondered why my car died on track with no observation or explanation from anywhere. If anyone knows why this happened please let me know, I lost the race in the end by 4 seconds which was slightly bitter to swallow!!

BDR Daz
25-06-2015, 11:31
An electrical Fault normally happens without warning, just like a plug coming lose ...

tclancey
26-06-2015, 10:24
And after a couple of seconds the car will start up again normally?