PDA

View Full Version : Formula A Full Length Race Completion?

krawlx
24-06-2015, 21:47
I am absolutely addicted to the game, and my favorite aspect is being able to settle in for a full length race (against AI). But the problem is actually completing a race. I'm wondering if anyone else has tips/tricks for completing a full length?

I'm racing with assists set to "Real", full damage, and tire wear on real as well, and the AI on 70%. (As a note, I really love how you can feel the car handling change as the fuel load decreases and tires wear.) My incomplete races are rarely due to an incident with another car. I can run in the pack fairly comfortably and passing has become much easier with experience. The problem seems to be that around lap 20-25 I will inevitably spin off and hit the wall, often resulting in the loss of a tire. Silverstone and Spa are easier circuits, but Brands Hatch has been particularly difficult to get a full distance race in due to the bumpiness.

I get that the spins are partly a result of my own stubbornness which leads to trying to get just one more lap out of the tires. (Sometimes egged on by the AI being able to run longer stints.) I need to stop at/before lap 20 (track depending). Beyond that, anyone else have any other tips on getting through a full distance race? Any other techniques I could be adopting or other issues I haven't thought of?

Also, anyone got any horror stories of running full lengths and crashing out late in races? Always happy to commiserate.

SL1DE
25-06-2015, 08:11
It's been mentioned millions of times here, the fact that it's impossible to race against the AI, it's as if they don't know your existence half of the time. Never leave racing room, never obey blue flags. They don't even have reflexes.

I've ragequit so many times, I end up going back to rFactor 2.

Worst AI in the history of video games. Not to mention that 100% is way too easy. The slow AI makes it even more difficult to drive in a pack.

Goldenballs2003
26-06-2015, 13:28
It's been mentioned millions of times here, the fact that it's impossible to race against the AI, it's as if they don't know your existence half of the time. Never leave racing room, never obey blue flags. They don't even have reflexes.

I've ragequit so many times, I end up going back to rFactor 2.

Worst AI in the history of video games. Not to mention that 100% is way too easy. The slow AI makes it even more difficult to drive in a pack.

Did you even read his post before you started ranting?

To the OP. Good post mate. I also do 100% race distance at 100% AI. I've had many a race where I've blown it close to the end, mostly down to my own stupidity and pushing too hard when it wasn't necessary. I find I'm always trying to improve my lap times even when I've got a big enough gap to ease off a bit. Concentration is the biggest thing for me. The middle section of the race usually gets me and I find myself overshooting breaking points and running wide.

My tips would be slow down when you feel the tires going. It's better to be a second off the pace for a lap or two than to be dragging yourself out of a tire wall. Break earlier, coast the corner and power on only when you're straight. Also better to lose a position than to fight with a car on better tires and end up in the gravel. Pick the right times to push is what I'm getting at.

If the worst happens and I throw it away I complete the race anyway and move on. Try not to do it in the next race. :)