PDA

View Full Version : Game not loading, unplayable.

OpticalHercules
25-06-2015, 01:12
So after yesterday's snafu with the LE Car pack, everything had been working fine. This morning installed LE Car pack when it became available, game started and ran fine, I shut it down and went about my day.

Now I go to boot the game and it shows the intro splash screens, then prompts me to hit the menu button. I click Menu, and then select my Live Profile, and the next screen with 4 animated bars before the video is supposed to start never leaves. The animation of the bars and the background rain never stops, and I am able to navigate back to xbox menu, but the game never progresses past this point. I have let it run for over 30 minutes and no change.

I am on energy saver mode, internal HD, wired internet. In fact, every time I turn my xbox off I hold the power button for 20+ seconds to make sure it is all the way off.

I have tried with and without my wheel attached
Tried without any peripherals at all attached
tried with all car packs, without LE car pack, and with no car packs.
I have cleared the cache tapping the power button without being plugged in
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game (disk install) and tried to boot fresh without any peripherals or addons.
I have deleted and re-synced my local save files

The only thing I have not done is delete my save files everywhere, because I highly doubt it will work and I would be very angry with myself if I did do that and it solved nothing.

Any assistance?

Thanks in advance.

I4G0tMyGamertag
25-06-2015, 01:23
All I can say is that ever since patch 1.04 came out, I've had nothing but problems with the game and my wheel. I'm honestly afraid it broke my wheel at this point because it's not working in PC or FH2. I just don't understand because I had 0 problems with Project Cars prior to the latest update.

I4G0tMyGamertag
25-06-2015, 01:24
I'm probably over-reacting I guess but I'm having major problems right now. I thought everything would be aolved when they fixed the LE cars issue. Now I'm having more problems. My $400 wheel is worthless atm.

OpticalHercules
25-06-2015, 04:00
Well I guess it's resolved.

Ended doing a factory reset on the xbox. With a fresh xbox, nothing at all installed, installed PCars and after syncing the game save file it still did not work.

Guess that narrowed it down to corrupt local and sync'd save file.

I really hope this at least solves the in-session tune save issue.

inthebagbud
25-06-2015, 07:30
I solved by deleting Xbox profile and recreating, this then synced correctly an dall was good

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24757-Game-won-t-start-from-start-screen/page3

OpticalHercules
25-06-2015, 16:23
I had restored the xbox to complete factory new specs, loaded the game and then sync'd my save from the cloud. This did not help. I don't see how deleting and reloading a profile would help when you're still dealing with the same corrupt sync file.

Was too angry last night to get into anything much over 20 minutes on this game, but I can confirm that deleting all save data did resolve the other issues I was having, including:
--Tune changes not saving while in career session
--AI posting impossible times when using Skip to End of Session
--Session results not saving when using Exit to leave session, even after clicking Yes to confirm save results.

There is a problem with the way this game accesses and writes local save files and possibly with how that save file is sync'd and updated. Being that those above issues (not the loading) all started when the game crashed as I was closing the tune menu, that probably created some kind of instability between the local and sync file, and when those two files were merged, everything got all fouled up.

Maybe take a look, SMS?

OpticalHercules
27-06-2015, 20:45
Just an update, SMS...

Not even three days since I've completely reset my xbox to new spec, and having zero other games installed, completely erased my local and cloud save files. This is essentially a fresh install on a brand new xbox with nothing else on it.

Game is already not saving session results when clicking exit AND yes on save
Game is already resetting tunes created/edited in the pits during a practice/qual session.

I'm afraid to even test the skip to end again.

I've confirmed the same problem in LMP1 US Cup (marek), Formula A (first race... dubai?), and GT3 UK cup (BMW M3)

There is nothing else on this xbox that could possibly be corrupting the save files except for your own game and how it communicates with the cloud backup.

Is there any progress on resolving this issue?

OpticalHercules
16-07-2015, 22:13
And once again, the game is hanging at the load screen with the 4-bar animation logo. 20 days since last hang. I know that I once again will have to delete my local and cloud save file.

Earlier today I downloaded Skype to try and figure out a workaround for your broken game chat as I am trying to start a weekend series and would like to have more than 8 people involved. I installed Skype and then started up the game. Went into career to finish the last race of the GT3 Euro Championship. I completed the race but was experiencing the speed-up/slow-down of the graphics while braking and in corners. I assume this was due to skype running in the background taking up some system resources, but I don't know. The race was a mess, but I completed it. Then once back at the main PCars screen, I hit guide button to xbox dashboard, clicked menu and quit the game. I then did a hard shutdown, holding down the power button for 20+ seconds until power brick light went yellow, unplugged everything, and walked away for 10 minutes. Came back, plugged in and booted up just the game by itself, and now it has hung.

I have now deleted my local and cloud save data, rebooted console, and everything works fine once again. The problem is how this game saves, retrieves, and syncs data from the cloud. To call this anything but broken is a lie.

As much patience as I have in dealing with the issues this game has, I am sure you can imagine how infuriating it is to once again lose all progress, all tunes, all settings the instant I complete my first career series after having lost everything once before. When will SMS finally show the humility to admit that the xbox version of this game is nothing more than a failed port of a PC game. This was never properly tested for console release. Everything about Career besides the actual races does not work. Time trials crash the game. Driver Network/community events have no protections keeping the cheaters away from the honest players. Apart from private games, multiplayer is broken, and even private matches have some issues. The only thing that does work as advertised is Free Practice/Race Weekend. This game is a BETA and every console customer who bought this game expecting what was advertised has been had.

For the developers to say this was ready for release to paying customers is nothing more than blind hubris.

Im Sorry
16-07-2015, 22:35
And once again, the game is hanging at the load screen with the 4-bar animation logo. 20 days since last hang. I know that I once again will have to delete my local and cloud save file.

Earlier today I downloaded Skype to try and figure out a workaround for your broken game chat as I am trying to start a weekend series and would like to have more than 8 people involved. I installed Skype and then started up the game. Went into career to finish the last race of the GT3 Euro Championship. I completed the race but was experiencing the speed-up/slow-down of the graphics while braking and in corners. I assume this was due to skype running in the background taking up some system resources, but I don't know. The race was a mess, but I completed it. Then once back at the main PCars screen, I hit guide button to xbox dashboard, clicked menu and quit the game. I then did a hard shutdown, holding down the power button for 20+ seconds until power brick light went yellow, unplugged everything, and walked away for 10 minutes. Came back, plugged in and booted up just the game by itself, and now it has hung.

I have now deleted my local and cloud save data, rebooted console, and everything works fine once again. The problem is how this game saves, retrieves, and syncs data from the cloud. To call this anything but broken is a lie.

As much patience as I have in dealing with the issues this game has, I am sure you can imagine how infuriating it is to once again lose all progress, all tunes, all settings the instant I complete my first career series after having lost everything once before. When will SMS finally show the humility to admit that the xbox version of this game is nothing more than a failed port of a PC game. This was never properly tested for console release. Everything about Career besides the actual races does not work. Time trials crash the game. Driver Network/community events have no protections keeping the cheaters away from the honest players. Apart from private games, multiplayer is broken, and even private matches have some issues. The only thing that does work as advertised is Free Practice/Race Weekend. This game is a BETA and every console customer who bought this game expecting what was advertised has been had.

For the developers to say this was ready for release to paying customers is nothing more than blind hubris.

The silence is deafining!

I've not had a problem yet losing everything but the speeding up and down or warping happens daily to me now and it's getting on my t*ts.

OpticalHercules
18-07-2015, 01:09
And a little over 24hours after reinstalling and deleting local+cloud save data, the game is once again not saving tunes in career session, not saving session results unless I click continue and then exiting from the next session, and posting impossible lap times when I use Skip-to-End and also when sitting in pits while accelerating the time to hurry a session to end.

Just an acknowledgement that this save data corruption is being looked into would be appreciated... It's not just my local data, it's the cloud data, so I know it isn't my system. The only other non-prepackaged software installed on my xbox at this time is Elder Scrolls Online, Skype, and Upload editor.

OpticalHercules
07-08-2015, 04:12
And 20 days after last total reset, a new problem but again needing the same complete reset/deleting cloud save file. That's 4 times now.

Game would let me start a session of Free Practice, Race Weekend, or Multiplayer, but the second the car got to the end of the pits where it would hand over control to me, the game would crash. Time Trial would load, hear the countdown, and then crash as soon as control was handed over to me. I tried different car classes, different tracks, with and without my wheel attached. I hard reset the xbox and cleared cache, I uninstalled all game and save data off my xbox and made it reinstall and re-sync, but it didn't work. Once again, only resort was to delete cloud save file, and why not reinstall while I'm at it.

Before this happened, I was in a private multiplayer lobby with 2 other friends. Everything was working fine, although my wheel felt much more sensitive than it usually does. It may have just been my perception of it as this was the first session of my day. We all three exited and went to configuration to recalibrate our wheels (both of them had new wheels and I was helping them with it). I completed the calibration and remapped all of my buttons to how I normally have them. It was when we all three went and made another lobby to try again. I do not think I was host of the lobby the first time this crash happened, but once it did I could not take control of any car in any game mode on any track or car.

Thankfully this happened during the week and not an hour before I was supposed to host a league race this weekend... I sincerely hope work is being done to find out what is causing the save data corruption.

OpticalHercules
07-08-2015, 06:27
So, I got to thinking while talking with another friend tonight after this has happened. I forgot to test how this game would respond if I tried to play in Offline Mode, but I recall an other poster with the 4-bar hang who did try to play in Offline mode. He could, but the game saved none of the progress made while in offline.

This tells me that the game is relying pretty much 100% on the cloud save file for user data. This tells me that local save data is serving almost no function at all. If that is correct, why? The PC version saves all game and save data locally. PC leaderboards are kept on servers hosted by SMS through Steam. Why on earth would you make console save data cloud only? The leaderboards for xbox are not hosted by SMS, but also are not tied to the cloud save file, as even though I've deleted my cloud data I have not lost any of my few timetrial leaderboard saves. What possible benefit could come from saving all game data/progress on the cloud real-time over local? That defeats the entire concept of having a cloud backup. Can you not update the game to save all data locally, and then maybe have a separate loading screen or prompt to back up that data to the cloud file? Unless I'm mistaken, closing down that active cloud connection would entirely prevent the corruption of that cloud data since all saves would first be made to the local file where problems can be detected before overwriting that of the cloud.

I have heard you are in communication with Microsoft over possible cloud data problems, but whether that is true or not I do not know. What progress is being made to fix this problem that is being inflicted on more and more of your players? How are you changing the current save system to fix this problem?

OpticalHercules
27-08-2015, 23:35
Just copied this over from other thread I made before I realized the save file had gone bad for the 5th time, again exactly 20 days (about 4 hours shy of 21 days) since the last time this happened. Don't know what more needs to be said.

So I was able to tell the exact moment when my save file stopped working properly and began posting impossible AI times when I click "Skip to End of Session" and also not saving any tunes made during a career session while in the pit box.

Everything had worked fine up to this point. I completed the Formula Rookie Championship at Sonoma Raceway (Event #2/3) without problem including making minor tune adjustments in session and using skip to end of practice and maybe qual. I continued to Oulton Park, Event 3/3 and completed that also without issue.

I then took the contract for GT5, and started the first race of the GT5 UK cup, also at Oulton Park. I had done this before but not on this game save. So I popped in my old tune from my notes and did a few laps to get comfortable, but decided I had to go change my control layout so I could adjust the seat where I wanted it. I clicked Skip to End, and instantly I went from #1/20 with a 2 second lead (70% Diff) to being #15/20 and 1.5 seconds behind #1, and I clicked it with <90 seconds left in practice session.

I then exited without saving, went to main menu, changed my controls and went into Free Practice to figure out my seat adjustment. While there I also re-entered my tune for GT5 Oulton Park Int'l. Got that all done, exited out and reset my controls back to my normal race controls, then also went into My Garage and saved that GT5 tune to All Tracks as a base. Went back into career, and completed the practice without skipping to end. My times were 3.5 seconds faster than the next fastest car, and no race settings had changed at all other than not skipping to end. I completed the event and moved on to event #2 at Donnington National. Now I'm trying to tune for that and the car will accept any changes I make from that base tune only until I click Return To Pit Box again, and then it resets. So no new tunes are being saved.

I know these are both known bugs and both have happened to me before, but this time I caught the exact moment when it happened, which is when I accepted my 4th career contract (only one career on this save) and went into GT5.

You know what's really creepy about this? I have lost my game save data 4x now. 3 of those losses were all exactly 20 days apart. This game save that I am playing on now is hours away from being 21 days old. I last deleted game save on Aug 6th 2015, late in the evening per this thread below. I hope like hell it isn't about to go bad again on me the next time I turn off the xbox. Just to make sure, I'm going to write down whatever tunes I haven't backed up, and hard reboot my xbox just to test this.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...playable/page2

intentionally deleted everything on 9/25/15, after 27 days. No problems now, but just finished trying to force a problem. Deleting now just to prevent an issue at a really bad time.

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 00:42
This tells me that the game is relying pretty much 100% on the cloud save file for user data. This tells me that local save data is serving almost no function at all. If that is correct, why?
OH, throughout all the problems I've had saving and loading car setups, I've wondered this same question. Also, when we ask about telemetry in replays the answer is always that it would make the save file in the cloud too big. Why does it need to be in the cloud? How robust is the protocol that transfers data to cloud storage? Can it get corrupted? What happens if it does? Is this a Microsoft thing or a design decision by SMS?

Poulka
03-10-2015, 09:42
Well now I have had this problem as well. I read somewhere else it's the cloud save causing this. I think I am convinced, but I am just curious on what causes that. In my opinion I think it's certain events. The reason I say this because I have gone about three months without having this problem. The last event I played was the the nordeschief 12 hour lmp1 endurance series race, I had not done that event before. I got dq'd then went back and restarted and skipped to the end of session. I advanced to the next season accepted a contract renewal and logged out of game. When I restarted that's when the hang after pressing A kicked in. Bummer too as I was really progressing in trying to collect all badges.

OpticalHercules
03-10-2015, 15:27
... I think I am convinced, but I am just curious on what causes that. In my opinion I think it's certain events. ...

That's what we're all working on figuring out in the From Bad to Worse thread on main Xbox forum right now. We know there are specific events that cause some problems (something to do with GT5? I dunno), but these issues are happening to people without any significant progress in Career mode at all. IMO, there are many, many different causes but all with the same result. Also, I think that multiple problems can build up over time and get progressively worse until the cloud save is no longer useable.

Out of curiosity, what exactly happened to you (the 4-bar animation freeze, or the pit stop exit crash or something else?), and did you try to play again in Offline Mode after this occurred?

If you haven't deleted your save yet, can you do a test for me? I want you to try in Offline Mode enter a career race, of any kind even a new profile kart race, complete the race and make sure it saves your progress in Offline Mode. Then boot the game again into normal Online Mode and see if Xbox/Game allows you to re-sync your save file, and then see if that allowed you to continue playing from where your Offline save left off. That would be very helpful for others if you could do this. If you've already deleted your save file, oh well. Maybe I'll chance upon someone else with the same situation who may be able to try the above.

Poulka
04-10-2015, 00:08
Yeah I could not even get past the start screen tried resetting but that did not work. Did an uninstall and that did not work either. So I deleted my local save, but when I restarted game it synced,with the cloud, then I got the same result. The only that got me back in game was to delete everything. I could get to the menu to even choose career or online, or offline solo race. The only thing I know I did different was earlier in the day switched from energy saving to instant on to break up the long race. Now I have done this before, without any problems. But this was the first time I have done this since patch 4.0.

Poulka
04-10-2015, 00:12
I had the four bar animation freeze. I simulated end of race renewed my contract, and started next season. All seemed fine at the time. Turned Xbox off still on instant on, when I restarted boom four bar animation.

OpticalHercules
04-10-2015, 04:17
Yeah I could not even get past the start screen tried resetting but that did not work. Did an uninstall and that did not work either. So I deleted my local save, but when I restarted game it synced,with the cloud, then I got the same result. The only that got me back in game was to delete everything. I could get to the menu to even choose career or online, or offline solo race. The only thing I know I did different was earlier in the day switched from energy saving to instant on to break up the long race. Now I have done this before, without any problems. But this was the first time I have done this since patch 4.0.

By Offline mode, I meant go into Xbox settings/Network (i think) and specifically set it to Offline Mode. Has nothing to do with the game. It's ok though. I totally understand the frustration not wanting to post about it then sit around and wait for a day+ for any other options or ideas. Play time is Play time.

Thanks for the additional details. Every little bit may help someone at this point.

Poulka
04-10-2015, 13:00
Ok I understand Optical, it's no problem trying to describe this. My Xbox was connected to Xbox live, I even tried to see if it would let me get to the game if I set it to offline. That did not help things either. Now I wonder with my new career should I just set it to offline since I mainly play career and solo races. I want you guys figure this out. Something I thought about last night. This game requires Xbox to use 7 core to run game. This 7th core runs operating system I wonder is that a contributing factor. Do you know if any PC users or PS4 users are hailing this as that will completely shoot that theory down. But I'm ok posting about it because I want to help find a solution to this because I love this game.

OpticalHercules
04-10-2015, 13:47
This is only an xbox problem.

As far as playing Offline mode, we've confirmed that if you are having the 4-bar logo hang, you can still put xbox in Offline Mode and it will let you start the game. There's no reason to play your career/solo in Offline Mode all the time. It will cause sync delays on those times when you do try to play online, and may not save properly anyway. I'm only suggesting Offline Mode as a troubleshooting method.

Poulka
04-10-2015, 15:01
Oh ok. When I tried to put it in offline mode it still would not let me back into the game I was still stuck in four bar animation. I am starting to lean it has something to do with 7th core and saving code corrupting and then not being able to load. And this code is in the save game file. I am starting to the cloud is just housing the error. The error happens between saving and the 7th core. The operating system order of operations and saving are getting crossed up somehow.

OpticalHercules
04-10-2015, 17:28
7th core likely has nothing to do with the problems of saving data locally or on the cloud. The references you are seeing to 7th core and PCars is that PCars is one of the few games for Xbox written to take advantage of the 7th core being made available, which previously MS did not allow. That core has nothing to do with saving data or how the xbox connects to the Cloud. I think others have posted that SMS used that core to handle game audio or something like that. Processing of data and data storage are two different functions.

There are many players, who when experiencing the 4-bar lockup, were able to load game and enter a racing session once they put the xbox into Offline Mode, which would prevent the xbox from attempting to sync with the cloud save file on startup.

first you posted:

... So I deleted my local save, but when I restarted game it synced,with the cloud, then I got the same result. The only that got me back in game was to delete everything. I could get to the menu to even choose career or online, or offline solo race. The only thing I know I did different was earlier in the day switched from energy saving to instant on to break up the long race. Now I have done this before, without any problems. ...

I assume you meant "could not get to menu to even..." Here you state that you only changed power saving and instant on. Nothing to do with Offline Mode.

Then you posted:

...My Xbox was connected to Xbox live, I even tried to see if it would let me get to the game if I set it to offline. That did not help things either. Now I wonder with my new career should I just set it to offline since I mainly play career and solo races. ...

So did you go into Xbox Settings >> Network >> Go offline and then try to load the game before you deleted your cloud & local data? I'm not sure from what you've written if you understood that the Offline Mode was a system setting and not a game setting.

Now you write:

...When I tried to put it in offline mode it still would not let me back into the game I was still stuck in four bar animation. ...

Again, we know that (maybe in most cases) players ARE able to get back into the game when running in Offline Mode after having the 4-bar animation screen lock up. That tells us that the Cloud file has an issue that the local file does not. Granted, I think you may be the first person to test this exact situation since Patch 4.0 came out, and maybe something HAS changed that would cause problems with the Local file as well as the Cloud file. That's an unknown. If nothing was changed, then maybe your exact situation was different somehow than what others are experiencing. Maybe this issue isn't solely related to the Cloud file. Maybe it's save files as a whole. Will need more players (unfortunately) to have problems and know to test this stuff to know for sure.

As I've said in other threads, without any confirmations from SMS on this issue, to completely discount any possibility is foolish. That being said, I do doubt that one core on a processor has anything to do with how a save file is written or read, locally or remotely. Can't discount it, but it just seems even more far-fetched than the idea that it's individual users connection problems causing this.

OpticalHercules
04-10-2015, 17:50
So I last deleted my data on Sept 25th. Completely fresh install and fresh save file. I noticed about 5 days later that the AI in Career practice and qualifier sessions would occasionally post impossible lap times when using the Skip-to-End function. This is a known bug.

As of today, 9 days later, the game is no longer saving the results of Career Sessions when I use Quit, even after clicking Yes on the prompt to save session results. I have experienced and reported this bug before as well. What happens is, let's say I complete a Qualifier of any career session. Before the race starts I want to adjust the race duration or difficulty, or change anything in the Game Settings. So once the timer has expired on the qualifier session (see first bug I mention, I have to let the timer expire or deal with impossible times), I then scroll down to Quit. I click Quit and a prompt appears asking if I would like to save the results of the session, with choices being "No, Yes, and Cancel". I click Yes and the session exits. Now if I browse to the Calendar again to where I would enter the Race for the Qual I have just finished, the first thing available is the Qualifier that I just completed, as if I never did it. If I click right and start the race, the starting grid is random as if no Qualifier had happened. the only way around this bug is when the Qual (or practice) ends, I have to click "Continue" to start the next session, and then quit from in that session. That will save the results of the previous Practice or Qualifier.

Also, I am starting to experience some AI putting in impossible lap times even when not using Skip to End or accelerating the time. This was noticed in the WEC Endurance Championship, events 4 (Sakitto) and 5 (Dubai), while racing LMP2. In both of these events, during Practice and Qual, there were 2 LMP2 AI drivers who were putting in lap times faster than 3 of the 7 LMP1 cars. This was on Difficulty 80%, duration around 50%. That should not be possible.

Below is a screenshot of my current Driver Network Profile after 9 days on this fresh save/install:

The focus is all wrong, unless the game includes Practice sessions and Free Practice solo session in "Qualifying". the "1.13" hrs of Online is clearly wrong, as I've done 2 league events in that time, the first around 90 minutes last saturday at Nurburgring GP, and around 2hrs on Oct 3rd at Nordschleife. Career of "13.75" may be about right if it only includes career races, since I've only done Endurance career in this save file, have done 7 races all timed around 2 hours each, but that's clearly not including 2x 30 minute practices and 1x 15 minute qualifier for each of those 7 events. The Affinity bars are wrong, as I've only entered 2 GT events to 7 Prototype events, but I've won all of those 7 prototype events, and none of the GT. Also only 1 win on my Signature Car? Online Performance... entered 2 races but got pole position 3 times, and completed 0%# of my races, though I've finished an average of 6th?

If there was anything in this game that could really be called useless (and that's a term I really don't want to use with this game...), wouldn't this "profile" that's wrong on nearly EVERY stat be it?

Poulka
04-10-2015, 19:31
The profile numbers do make sense. I noticed this back in July, I was had some strange number like only 70 hours in total game time and 1875 races entered.

I did the following troubleshooting steps, first I put it back into energy saving which play in about 90 percent of the time. Next I did several hard resets, neither of these had any effect. Came back to it later went into network setting and set to offline and tried to load and that did not work as well. Next deleted game save on the Xbox and all of these left me with the same result four bar animation.

As far core here is my reasoning, no other game uses this resource for running a game. No other console is using a core that is solely used for operating system. So to me we are experiencing something PCs and PS4 are not having and they also are not using an operating system core. No one knows what effect this is having by using this core. It seems strange to me we are the only console having this problem while at the same time the only console that is using the operating system core. This core handles the operating systems operations. Saving a game file is handled by the operating system, it makes me wonder if there is a conflict taking place between operating system and game code by both being in this same core. People said when they released a patch to use this core what effect it would have. I think I have had this issue twice since this was put in place. The only other time I had this problem was the saving replay issue.

OpticalHercules
04-10-2015, 23:11
That would be true if we knew that PS4 and PC both operated on a dedicated core. PS4 might, but PC surely doesn't. Xbox previously had dedicated a core just for it's OS, but specified the others all for "other" uses. Then MS allowed "other" process to be run concurrently on the OS core. So far as SMS has confirmed, PCars is only using that core for audio data, engine sounds, and some grass detail. I have no idea how programs use cores on a PC, but not all PC's have the same number of processor cores. There is no program, OS game or driver, that is locking out cores only for specific uses. You're making the assumption that the games run identically on all 3 systems, in how the game distributes resource load. That's impossible. Xbox and PS4 are both static consoles, in that all of them have the exact same hardware configuration. All xboxs and All PS4's run identical to every other. That is not true for PC. Your reasoning would work if all systems were identical and that core were the only difference. In fact, the difference of the systems can almost prove that that isn't the case.

Plus, I don't think the core usage wasn't added in a patch. MS unlocked it at the beginning of this year, and the game shipped with it's usage in place.

Also, stupid question for Umer Ahmad (who I know put you on this 7th core idea in a different thread topic), why all this commotion about 7th core? Is xbox OS running on #7, leaving 1-6 & 8 free? or is this a 7 core machine with the 8th physical core locked out to save money the way AMD often does/did?

Poulka
04-10-2015, 23:52
It was the 7 percent boost they said that Xbox would get in patch 2.0 that was allowing the game to use the 7 th core. But all systems are not the same now I love Xbox after leaving Sony after having PS3 and ps4, but the box comes up short in its processors. They may be same physically but you have to look at configurations on the processor and clocking speeds. If these consoles were the same ps and Xbox would have same problems. I know ps has had their share of problems with the game, but Xbox have had numerous and the only one that suffers from this issue. Since I only game in offline modes I will take my Xbox offline when playing PCars .

OctoberDusk06
30-10-2015, 18:32
This is only an xbox problem.

As far as playing Offline mode, we've confirmed that if you are having the 4-bar logo hang, you can still put xbox in Offline Mode and it will let you start the game. There's no reason to play your career/solo in Offline Mode all the time. It will cause sync delays on those times when you do try to play online, and may not save properly anyway. I'm only suggesting Offline Mode as a troubleshooting method.

Optical, that's not true today for me. I was getting random crashes when I left certain tracks (Spa) but I have no idea if that's connected, because since 5.0 the game has been very unstable. I am at the point where this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kuMc2MFER0

I know the instant this happened. The game came on and gave me that "we need to synch some data" black and white message and then crashed. When I restarted, it hung as you have experienced so many times. And so I went thought your highly detailed thread (thank you by the way). So I deleted the DLC. No dice. I then went offline. Still hung on the bars.

So now I guess I'm faced with destroying all my hard work and saved files as yo have done so many time. Entirely unacceptable. I won't go into some pretty bad stuff that could happen to SMS as a result (at least in the U.S.) but I have a feeling that's why they are ignoring us. The game is great and wonderful aside form these bugs, which were, heretofore, annoying. Now, game destroying. Makes me want to jump on F1 or Forza. Such a shame too. I wish I knew how to delete everything, as I don't want to reset my entire xbox (all games downloaded) if possible, but I thought I would post here to see if I could be any help for you and others while the bars are still toodling along. Unless I hear back soon, I'm going to do my best to fix it where I can. Some at RD have had this issue and they will know the exact steps. I feel ya. Unacceptable. But not surprising. If your theory is true, my shaky game was a disaster waiting to happen, as I suspect many out there are. Luckily it's not before I'm set to host a league race.

P.S. - the forum must operate with hamsters too, since it kicks you off every 30 seconds, and erases your words unless you remember to copy them. BTW, I had no saved replays.

Hammerpgh
09-11-2015, 14:19
Well, unfortunately I had my third experience of this save game corruption on Sunday. Nowhere near your level of frustration @OpticalHercules but still damn annnoying. I had no career progrerss in the game since my last similar problem so in mine at least the career has no link to the bug. I went through all the usual efforts to bring the game to life but had no joy so ended up having ot delete the save files from eveywhere and start from scratch for the third time.

I did have some replays saved and what I thought was odd was that despite deleting from everywhere these were still available to me in the Highlights section of the game. I thought deleting the save game would also delete these!! All my setups were gone though whihc was more of a pain than any loss of replays.

The signs of the problem came after an online race on Saturday night when I attempted to save the race replay. I got the corrupt save file mesage pop up three times. This I think was the key for my particular problem because when I got back to the game after deleting the locla and cloud save file there were three copies of the race replay in my highlights, although none of them would play. This took me above the 250mb limit that I understand is the trigger to this problem for some.

It's such an annoyance in what is an otherwise wonderful game \ sim.