PDA

View Full Version : Bathurst, Mt Panorama accuracy.

nedos6
25-06-2015, 04:29
Being a local Bathurst resident in the public transport sector I get to drive "The Mount" every day of the week. I'd just like to mention that the accuracy of Mt Panorama is near perfect. Only two things wrong with the layout. 1st - the tyre barrier at the first left hander at "The Esses" is way to close to the tarmac, and 2nd - "The Dipper" is not flat. It actually has a drop of about one story high (no video game has ever got The Dipper right). Just thought I'd let you know, as I'd really like to see a game one day that gets "The Mount" right.

Neil Hopwood
25-06-2015, 04:37
Being a local Bathurst resident in the public transport sector I get to drive "The Mount" every day of the week. I'd just like to mention that the accuracy of Mt Panorama is near perfect. Only two things wrong with the layout. 1st - the tyre barrier at the first left hander at "The Esses" is way to close to the tarmac, and 2nd - "The Dipper" is not flat. It actually has a drop of about one story high (no video game has ever got The Dipper right). Just thought I'd let you know, as I'd really like to see a game one day that gets "The Mount" right.

Not sure if they are gonna make any changes to tracks at this point, but any references you can get (Photos, measurements ETC) are always helpful, if not for this one, but for next time.

SpeedFreakDTM
25-06-2015, 09:02
I thought all the tracks were scanned in with some 3D alien laser, and that they were 100% realistic and accurate.

The dipper? Is that the bit in the esses, when the road just falls from under your car, and you realise that wasnt a down slope, but a small cliff. If ended up looking the way I just came from trying to go through there too fast.

danowat
25-06-2015, 09:07
I remember driving round the track (at legal speeds of course) in a hired Toyota Corrola, in the rain, man that was fun!.

The museum at the track was also pretty awesome!

GenBrien
25-06-2015, 09:15
I thought all the tracks were scanned in with some 3D alien laser, and that they were 100% realistic and accurate.

only the British tracks were laser scanned