PDA

View Full Version : R3E is having a free weekend

dodge33cymru
25-06-2015, 05:19
I can honestly say that I never thought I would recommend anyone try this game, after I uninstalled it after 30 minutes in 2013. However, the progress they've made on it since is breathtaking and I think they're attempting to show people this by having a completely free content weekend starting this Friday.

http://www.virtualr.net/r3e-free-weekend-coming

If you have a PC and enjoy Project CARS, I thoroughly recommend giving it a chance, if just for some of the content that isn't available in PCARS.

For example, their versions of Salzburgring, Macau, Sachsenring and Norisring are superb and you won't find ones of this quality anywhere else.

The car selection is also full of unique cars, such as the Chevrolet Monza DeKon, Nissan Skyline G5 Silhouette, Audi 90 IMSA, the PWC Cadillac CTS-V, Porsche 935, all DTM cars from 1992 and an awesome sounding Ford GT from the GT1 days.

It also has the best sounds in sim racing at the moment, in my opinion. Check out any recent YouTube videos to see that.

In summary, highly recommended for any motorsport enthusiast who isn't too partisan for one game or another and has an open mind. I'm lucky enough to own all the main sim titles on the PC and this is the one I find myself spending most time on at the moment, closely followed by DiRT Rally and PCARS.

yusupov
25-06-2015, 05:28
even if you dont plan on buying i suggest checking out macau, its an incredible track that (ive heard) will make it to pcars at some point. the audi 90 gto (i dont recommend that pairing, btw :)) is another example of future pcars content you can get a taste of. its a very different physics engine/tire model from pcars but its pretty fun. as said by the OP the sounds are just on another level from everyone else.

i also second sachsenring as a track to check out, very nice track that, like portimao (free content), deserves to be recognized by many more sims.

they seem to have a cool group of devs & im really happy for them, finding their own niche & getting to do what they want to do, which i get the impression wasnt as much the case until a year-two ago.

dodge33cymru
27-06-2015, 00:03
Live now if anyone's interested; can thoroughly recommend the Porsche 935 at Sonoma.

dodge33cymru
27-11-2015, 08:16
If anyone's interested, all content they've made (a LOT) is currently available for €50 at http://www.raceroomstore.com

F price has ever stopped you trying this, I suggest giving it a shot, if just for the sounds alone. A lot of different tracks and cars to PCARS.

RomKnight
27-11-2015, 10:08
I actually like how it feel really.

But I've always said the only problem is their model. I'm so glad we voted for pCARS out of F2P :)

dodge33cymru
27-11-2015, 11:43
Aye, agree with you, which is why I thought someone might be interested in a one-time-only (probably) non-F2P approach.

That said though, I don't actually see a huge difference between this and the Project CARS approach with many, many DLCs. Don't get me wrong, neither is my ideal but neither is it going to prevent me from playing/enjoying it either.

ak1504
28-11-2015, 16:30
If anyone's interested, all content they've made (a LOT) is currently available for €50 at http://www.raceroomstore.com

F price has ever stopped you trying this, I suggest giving it a shot, if just for the sounds alone. A lot of different tracks and cars to PCARS.

Ya its a really good offer... I think it ends on monday... And everybody can download and do a testdrive when unsure ;)