PDA

View Full Version : Voiceover. Any chance it can be changed?

norbs
25-06-2015, 05:52
No offense to our cousins from the tiny Isle in the north, but that engineer drives me mad.

I would love a Scottish engineer or a sweary Aussie. :)

stux
25-06-2015, 05:59
No offense to our cousins from the tiny Isle in the north, but that engineer drives me mad.

I would love a Scottish engineer or a sweary Aussie. :)

You don't like Ben (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Collins_(racing_driver))?

TheReaper GT
25-06-2015, 06:02

Hahaha, I think he thinks Ben is too polite. He would like to be swear on.
To be honest I think they managed a miracle, stig is talking for Christ sake

stux
25-06-2015, 06:05
Well, not for me ;)

But that's a known issue :-P

I do love hearing the stig talk tho

norbs
25-06-2015, 06:10

I did not know it was him.

Some say he tells you to speed up, even when you just did the fastest lap. And that he drives some aussie Pcars drivers crazy. All we know is he is called the Stig.

TheReaper GT
25-06-2015, 06:14
I did not know it was him.

Some say he tells you to speed up, even when you just did the fastest lap. And that he drives some aussie Pcars drivers crazy. All we know is he is called the Stig.

He wants you to be better, it's all about your future. Hahaha

Irishnewblood
25-06-2015, 06:44
Some say he is an Aussie,a Brit,An Irishman and everything in between???

PJ Dunham
25-06-2015, 07:07
Bugger the voice he needs to be usefull, at the moment he is rather usless giving bugger all actual information we need, very sick off " that's a good pace were building a good gap to second" when im 4 laps up in a 6 hour enduro that's pointless. he even says in starting the last lap... hello..... should of recorded more lines we could use.
Tire info , he could report what telemetry is saying about fuel usage, and engine temps to warn us.
another one I hate is " watch out for these two their looking for a place to have a accident" dude there is one car infront of me and looking out for lappers ive been in traffic for 3 hours lol.
Sadly the engineer kills the immersion for me its very repetitive and quite usless, id hate to say it but F12014's is better.. But the idea ( if it can be improved ) of Different voices for different teams/ classes would be cool but pretty please give us information we need with good trigger points to set him off.

Revvin
25-06-2015, 07:10
If that's Ben Collins shouting "Go, Go, Go" as you leave the pits he sounds a lot like David Cameron

TheReaper GT
25-06-2015, 07:11
If that's Ben Collins shouting "Go, Go, Go" as you leave the pits he sounds a lot like David Cameron

British authority :D

norbs
25-06-2015, 07:31
Bugger the voice he needs to be usefull, at the moment he is rather usless giving bugger all actual information we need, very sick off " that's a good pace were building a good gap to second" when im 4 laps up in a 6 hour enduro that's pointless. he even says in starting the last lap... hello..... should of recorded more lines we could use.
Tire info , he could report what telemetry is saying about fuel usage, and engine temps to warn us.
another one I hate is " watch out for these two their looking for a place to have a accident" dude there is one car infront of me and looking out for lappers ive been in traffic for 3 hours lol.
Sadly the engineer kills the immersion for me its very repetitive and quite usless, id hate to say it but F12014's is better.. But the idea ( if it can be improved ) of Different voices for different teams/ classes would be cool but pretty please give us information we need with good trigger points to set him off.

I agree. "You laps time are inconsistent" when you are in traffic. "Push harder" when you have just done a fastest lap.

All a bit frustrating, when as PJ said above, he could be sending you useful accurate information.

Pink_650S
25-06-2015, 07:36
It would be cool if they implemented more track specific tips in the future.
I've only heard him say something about the Porsche turns on Le Mans, it would nice to have more of those :)

Revvin
25-06-2015, 08:15

I thought maybe SMS had predicted the election result :)

BCFCBristolRed
25-06-2015, 08:28
I have no complaints......

Ex Stig....
From my Home City....

Can't complain!

It would be nice to get him back in the studio to record some more stuff though! Also, in the fan feed thing in career, I had the very lovely looking drMurdock17 telling me I had no chance of winning this year, the very next screen she is telling me I'm on for the win!! Silly girl!! :)

flymar
25-06-2015, 08:30
It would be nice to get him back in the studio to record some more stuff though!
True. But with the ability of turning off subtitles:)

Avloc123
25-06-2015, 08:32
"We're expecting rain in the next 30 minutes".

Erm...it's already raining and has been for quite some time.

vicdavery
25-06-2015, 09:05
"We're expecting rain in the next 30 minutes".

Erm...it's already raining and has been for quite some time.

Welcome to British weather forecasting. :)

Baron_Greenback
25-06-2015, 09:46

Something David Cameron doesn't have.

TrevorAustin
25-06-2015, 09:49
I agree. "You laps time are inconsistent" when you are in traffic. "Push harder" when you have just done a fastest lap.

All a bit frustrating, when as PJ said above, he could be sending you useful accurate information.

I always like him talking me through when to plan an overtake, he takes so long I've nearly always completed it before he's finished:)

Then telling me I've inconsistent times while overtaking 3 cars on the previous lap, lol.

vicdavery
25-06-2015, 10:17
Also "the guys right on your tail" after you've just overtaken him.

I can imagine the heuristics to get this stuff right are very tricky. Once the devs get it dialled in it should give great immersion, but it's not quite there yet. ;)

flymar
25-06-2015, 10:22
Then telling me I've inconsistent times while overtaking 3 cars on the previous lap, lol.
Why this is wrong? Your laptimes are quite different, this could be great but you are inconsistent.

justonce68
25-06-2015, 11:09
I preferred him on Top gear when he wasn't talking

BazzaLB
25-06-2015, 12:56
He used to say a lot more. I thought it was pretty good, but it got toned down to the point of useless.

D1rty Duck UK
25-06-2015, 13:10
Would prefer Tiff Neddell's voice..

He's a better driver i think too...

WhoosierGirl
25-06-2015, 13:16
He gets confused about what position I am supposed to be in when he tells me to "push harder". ;)