PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 24 Hour Questions & Regulations for other Championships

QPRLad
25-06-2015, 12:24
I started the Le Mans 24 Hour event yesterday on the career mode and I came across a few not so much issues but more of the type of things to lead me to ask a few questions about it and whether they can be improved:

Session lengths: I don’t have a problem with the 2 Hour minimum, it’s more the 100% lengths of the practice and qualifying. 40 Mins practice doesn’t give you enough time to do a full stint on tyres and fuels and see what changes it has on the times, cornering, top speeds, oil & water temp etc. Also why not have a night and a day time practice because I believe (I am yet to do the race) the time progresses at a much faster rate. So if the temperature will affect the tire performance, why wait until half way through the race to discover you need to drop/raise your pressures to adapt to the change in conditions?
For the record I managed a 3.55 in the LMP2 car which put me top of my class and 7th overall. AI 70%

Porsche Curves: why does the flag indicator light always flash blue? On entry & exit of the curves this light is on the right hand side. It has probably been noticed by others but I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere.

As with most invitational events, you don’t get your pit engineer on the radio (PS4, speaks through my controller). It would be good to include this on the 24hour race (and others I suppose) & also do they give you weather updates?

ANSWERED **Do you need to win your class to win the Gold Accolade? Or is it the overall win of the race?** This then proposes a second question on this, with most invitational events you enter in the exact same car as last time, how do you change the car you’re in. I’d like to enter in the GT field.

I don’t think my questions are too unreasonable to ask & I don’t mean to upset the Devs, I love this game and LM24 is the best races of the year and couldn’t wait to recreate the entire race week, but reading a few other threads (I mean a lot) it seems people approach this endurance race as a sprint race. It would be better if it took a bit of knowledge to not just win but to just simply finish. I guess it could be something to note for PCars 2 of different qualifying for different disciplines such as Formula A mimicking the current F1 procedure (I haven’t done an FA season so it could very much be like that), also in the GT having a qualifying race & even reversing the grid positions 1-8 in the two races in championships such as Formula B & C? I know unless you have the specific rights to recreate/copy an entire championship there will be some boundaries which you cannot cross. I would just like to know a few thoughts of Users, WMD Members and a few Devs.

BCFCBristolRed
25-06-2015, 13:15
I can answer the gold accolade question at least.....

Just win your class, I won my class in an LMP2 car but came 5th (I THINK!!) overall.

kilotango
25-06-2015, 14:18
Porsche Curves: why does the flag indicator light always flash blue? On entry & exit of the curves this light is on the right hand side. It has probably been noticed by others but I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere.

i noticed this as well, but i figured that its because the flag system may not have been implemented fully yet

chig88
25-06-2015, 14:41
Sorry to butt in on your thread QPR, but I have another question about Le Mans.

Is it an invitational event only, or is it included as part of the Endurance World Championship as well? I've just done the first two races in the Endurance class in career (in the AEC qualifying event), and was hoping that Le Mans was included in the main championship, but I've seen it referred to as invitational in a few threads now.

Does anyone know?

QPRLad
25-06-2015, 21:56

Is it an invitational event only, or is it included as part of the Endurance World Championship as well? I've just done the first two races in the Endurance class in career (in the AEC qualifying event), and was hoping that Le Mans was included in the main championship, but I've seen it referred to as invitational in a few threads now.

Does anyone know?

My understanding is that the 24 hour event is the last event on the season, around December and is invitation only. I'm sure you need a certain amount of accolades/wins to get invited to it.
The season one is purely the track and doesn't contain the other classes (I believe)

Anderson22LDS
27-06-2015, 23:02
Hi, you have to achieve 50 podium finishes to unlock the Le Mans 24H Invitational - It then appears December I believe at the end of the season.

I also have a question regarding the car for the invitational. I'm currently in the Euro LMP1 Championship. Won the championship 3 times in a row but Le Man invitational car was a Marek LMP2. Is this the car no matter what championship/contract you're doing or would it change to a GT car if I was in a GT contract/championship. Or change to an LMP1 car if I was in the WEC??!! For example. If I was going to dedicate 24 hours to a race I would want to be LMP1!!!!

P.s. The game is still epic in many departments although the career/invitationals are slightly confusing.

Irishnewblood
27-06-2015, 23:59

Does anyone know?

Mate,It's in the WEC,think it's the second race in the championship,it's not only an invitational and you get double points for it in the championship....It's in the endurance tier in career....

Irishnewblood
28-06-2015, 00:01
Hi, you have to achieve 50 podium finishes to unlock the Le Mans 24H Invitational - It then appears December I believe at the end of the season.

I also have a question regarding the car for the invitational. I'm currently in the Euro LMP1 Championship. Won the championship 3 times in a row but Le Man invitational car was a Marek LMP2. Is this the car no matter what championship/contract you're doing or would it change to a GT car if I was in a GT contract/championship. Or change to an LMP1 car if I was in the WEC??!! For example. If I was going to dedicate 24 hours to a race I would want to be LMP1!!!!

P.s. The game is still epic in many departments although the career/invitationals are slightly confusing.

At the invitational screen,before you go into practice,go down the options and there is a select car option,press it.......You can pick any tier you wanna race in there and any car that is taking part just select then join practice or qualifying.This option is only in the invitational Le Mans though,not the WEC one.

chig88
28-06-2015, 00:52
Mate,It's in the WEC,think it's the second race in the championship,it's not only an invitational and you get double points for it in the championship....It's in the endurance tier in career....

Cool thanks. Will have to make some time to do it! :)

QPRLad
28-06-2015, 22:11

The full 24hour race? With other classes on track? Why has no one mentioned this? All the mods are saying you have to be invited to do the proper one. All others are not 24hours & just part of a standard season.

Irishnewblood
28-06-2015, 22:38
The full 24hour race? With other classes on track? Why has no one mentioned this? All the mods are saying you have to be invited to do the proper one. All others are not 24hours & just part of a standard season.

It's 24 hours,if you want it to be and double points as it's the longest race in the WEC,all other classes on track....Trust me I played it.Don't know really mate but I guarantee you it's there.

Bealdor
29-06-2015, 08:00

It's both actually. It's part of the Endurance Championship and you can enter it as an invitational event if you're not driving in this championship.
I also just learned this here on this forum. ;)

AngelBrow
29-06-2015, 12:13
A bit of topic, but for a full 24h race. What setup do you go for? I mean it could start dry the first 1h then rain the rest of the 23h. After all, there doesnt seem to be anyone in th pits with a smartphone who can give you an estimate?

Dry or wet setup?

QPRLad
29-06-2015, 12:14
It's both actually. It's part of the Endurance Championship and you can enter it as an invitational event if you're not driving in this championship.
I also just learned this here on this forum.
You learn something new everyday

At the invitational screen,before you go into practice,go down the options and there is a select car option,press it.......You can pick any tier you wanna race in there and any car that is taking part just select then join practice or qualifying.
Again, unbelievable, why are we just learning about this?