PDA

View Full Version : [No] Console and PC crossplatform?

DannyElite
25-06-2015, 17:54
Not a top priority, but, will it be possible? lol

Forcedchaos
25-06-2015, 17:59
If you mean the two being able to play together two words. HELL NO! The problems and fights this causes is unbelievable. I wouldn't mind it personally but it's just not worth what happens to the game community as a whole. Been there done that with Final Fantasy 14. It's just not worth it.

DannyElite
25-06-2015, 18:05
Warthunder did it that works

Siberian Tiger
25-06-2015, 18:08
The Restrictions from MS/Sony are really big if it goes to Cross-Platform Gaming...

Perhaps with Windows 10/Xbox One will that change in the Future, but i don't think it will happen soon...

madmax2069
25-06-2015, 18:39
The Restrictions from MS/Sony are really big if it goes to Cross-Platform Gaming...

Perhaps with Windows 10/Xbox One will that change in the Future, but i don't think it will happen soon...

Sony doesn't have any restrictions against cross platform online play, Microsoft on the other hand does (which is why world of wartanks on 360 isnt cross platform online like wargaming would like, or ot would be cross platform online). The only restrictions SONY has on multi platform online is with its store system (like if you created the games account using the PS4 you cant buy anything for that account using any other store then the PSN store).

And with this type of game cross platform online wouldn't really have too many side effects (like it does with FPS games). Racing gamea seems to be one of the few games that works quite well with cross platform online play, heck even FPS games to a certain extent (remember playing quake 3 arena online with my dreamcast against PC players and kicking their butts).

Farkup
29-06-2015, 01:03
We have a group of friends that met on GT, PS3(yuck, I know) Some of us have PC's and some stuck with the crappy consoles.. We still have a blast on warthunder(PC PS3). I really hope cross-platform can be made to work, but I understand the problems.

Bavarian Turbo
15-03-2016, 05:58

Cross-Network Play (http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/14/letter-chris-charla-idxbox-updates-gdc/?ocid=Evergreen_soc_photo_learnmore_tw_null_xboxmark_Organic_3.14.4)
First, in addition to natively supporting cross-platform play between Xbox One and Windows 10 games that use Xbox Live, we’re enabling developers to support cross-network play as well. This means players on Xbox One and Windows 10 using Xbox Live will be able to play with players on different online multiplayer networks – including other console and PC networks.

Of course, it’s up to game developers to support this feature, and Xbox Live players will always have the option of choosing to play only with other Xbox Live players. We’re thrilled to confirm that Psyonix’s Rocket League will be one of the first games to take advantage of this new capability by enabling cross-network play between Xbox One and PC players, with an open invitation for other networks to participate as well.

So now it is up to the developers, can you please install this feature yet?

RedKellyS8
15-03-2016, 06:29
Looks like Microsoft have thrown down the gauntlet ... www.stuff.tv/features/microsofts-genius-multiplayer-move-leaves-sony-sitting-in-crosshairs ... Personally I think it can only be a good thing for gaming and the future of sim racing , Project Cars MK II .

Pr3t3nd3r
15-03-2016, 22:17
And here we go...will SMS do the "lalalalala, I cant hear you" thing? ;)

Umer Ahmad
16-03-2016, 00:01
Pcars1 no
Pcars2 maybe