PDA

View Full Version : Please devs put in patch 2.0 the ability for the host to kick players

siemens123
25-06-2015, 21:25
I'm trying to host a clean public room almost every day , but there's every time 1-2 players that dont give a shit about clean racing and respecting each other and destroy our races. i ask them to vote kick him out, but i cant get enough players to do it (most dont understand english) and races are ruined. I'm tired of rude and dirty players ruining our races , please put in patch 2.0 the ability for the host to kick players. I dont think this is too much to ask. I think a lot of u encountered this problem. thank u!!!

FoxMulder
25-06-2015, 23:18
Looking at the patch notes multiplayer will still be a mess, probably for a long time. Sad.

madmax2069
25-06-2015, 23:39
I only hope they would have added this and removed thw vote to kick system.

VBR
26-06-2015, 10:23
Most of my time in Gran Turismo was spent hosting clean lobbies or racing in them. I have little to no interest in offline career modes in any game, Project CARS included. So when I heard that common sense/no-brainer options like these were not even in the game, then the largest reason for playing it has all but disappeared. The only thing P CARS is good for at the moment to me is just to drive some of the cars, & I've only fired it up a handful of times so far.

Sony have just lost out on another PS Plus subscription, as there's no reason for me to buy one at the moment. Here's hoping for some MP feature updates.

lordymatsuo
26-06-2015, 11:03
+1 to this being an urgent requirement. Seems they are still bug fixing general issues rather than changing features but Multiplayer needs some love.

Sproket
26-06-2015, 14:23
+1 to this being an urgent requirement. Seems they are still bug fixing general issues rather than changing features but Multiplayer needs some love.

The irony being if the vote to kick function worked from day one. Matsuo and the like wouldn't of had the level of driver sign up.
Every cloud and all that :p

siemens123
26-06-2015, 15:35
my 90% of time in Project Cars is online. multiplayer needs much more attention from the devs. i would like to be able to name/rename my lobby, the settings in searching for lobbies to stay on (everytime u get out of a lobby that u dont like ,u are sent to main menu ,instead of lobbies menu and all searching settings are gone), the audio chat to be fixed (cause everytime someone talks the sound is distorted), the ability to write (chat) in lobbies , the ability to see just the lobbies where ur friends are in (a searching option), the ability to watch the race if u got into a room and the race has started already.

but for patch 2.0, i'd be satisfied if the host could kick the players.

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 15:36
It's coming guys. We can't put it into patches already shipped but we're on it.

siemens123
26-06-2015, 15:40

thanks for listening to us. if it's gonna be in next patch after 2.0 , maybe some other options that i wrote above ur answer could be added in there.

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 15:41
thanks for listening to us. if it's gonna be in next patch after 2.0 , maybe some other options that i wrote above ur answer could be added in there.

List them here and mods, please put the most sensible suggestions on my list.

Goruk
26-06-2015, 15:43

It has been said..., no need no worry no more... :cool:

JoeDogs
26-06-2015, 15:52
I have to say you guys are good at to communicate with us on the Forum! ;) LIKE. And hard work, jep :)

siemens123
26-06-2015, 15:58

Ok. i'm listing those again in here:

1. the ability to kick players (once it's kicked, the player should be banned from that room for hours)
2. the ability to be able to name/rename a lobby,
3. the settings in searching for lobbies to stay on (everytime u get out of a lobby that u dont like ,u are sent to main menu ,instead of lobbies menu, and all previous predefined by player searching settings are gone),
4. the audio chat to be fixed (cause everytime someone talks the sound is distorted and u cant understand),
5. the ability to write (text chat) in lobbies (and lose the details in chat like X changed his car to Y , and/or using a different bold font for ppl chat) ,
6. the ability to see just the lobbies where ur friends are in (a searching option),
7. the ability to watch the race if u got into a room and the race has started already,
8. the ability to search a lobby by track name ,
9. the game keeps hanging for 2-3 seconds in online (like a dropping frame rate or lag) every 4-5 minutes or so (i noticed it everytime a player enters the room or leaves, but sometimes its just random), and makes the game unplayable (if u'r taking a corner that time u end up in sand or walls or if u are behind someone u end up smashing in his car),
10. the ability for the host to start the race , or set an auto start race 5-10minutes,
11. feel free to add more guys ...

VBR
26-06-2015, 16:01
...maybe some other options that i wrote above ur answer could be added in there.

feel free to add more guys...

Most of the following is courtesy of Markeez18 (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-online-multiplayer-features.329276/);

PCars Online Multiplayer Features

This is specific to the online multiplayer sections and what need to be added to improve the racing community online side of this racing sim.
For me the most important features missing are:

PSN Blocked List - Whoever is on a players PSN blocked list is automatically blocked from all online lobbies they host.

Text Chat system - so players can actually communicate during the lobby time without a mic.

Lobby names - being able to name your room is important for people who want different things (Clean, Drift, Fun, Drag, GT3 clean or kick, etc). Also: Instead of the lobby displaying Open Wheel, they should add what class of open wheel is it e.g. Formula A/B/C/Rookie as you don't know what class it is until you join the room.

More flexibility - for the host changing the rules or class of car without making another lobby.

Wheel or controller only rooms

Lag improvement

Free practice - available while waiting in the lobby for the race to start.

Adjustable count down timer - so the host can adjust the length of time when the event finishes after the winner has crossed the line.

Online player rating - so the host can filter players prone to crashing or cheating.

Ability to skip a race while staying in the lobby - in case you need a break etc only Ready players go onto the track while Not Ready stay in lobby.

Starting Grid Position options - For example, last race positions, reverse grid, slowest to fastest, Random etc

Country flag - represented somewhere with your race ID

Online time trial lobby option - Set time limit, no collisions, fixed conditions and times post to leaderboards.

Track map displayed while in lobby

Abort the race start option

More servers when looking for an online race - this applies to PC as there will often be only 4 or 5 lobbies showing on some servers and changing servers through steam is far from ideal.

Garage access while in the lobby

Ability to exit a race and return to the lobby rather than returning to the main menu

TV screen in lobby's so you can watch the track while waiting

Tournaments/ Championships - Ability to create a set of races for your lobby with point allocations.

Mandatory pitstop option

Tuning - Option to allow or disallow tuning in online lobby's.

Lobby Options/Settings - Abilty to save room settings.

Saved liveries - what you choose for your car stays the same online and does not revert to 'Random'.

Race numbers - Abiltity to choose a driver number for your use online which is displayed on your car and in lobby next to your Online ID

:)

ports
26-06-2015, 16:02

So does that mean patch 2.0 has already left the building to sony/microsoft for certification?

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 16:02
Appreciated guys.

Now although we can't guarantee the moon on a stick we'll cover the big hitters and work our way down as the capacity allows.

odemode
26-06-2015, 16:08
Do us a brew and grab us three chocoloate hob nobs while ya there please too E

Kingleo
26-06-2015, 16:11
Appreciated guys.

Now although we can't guarantee the moon on a stick we'll cover the big hitters and work our way down as the capacity allows.

Just make A.I. race marshals with situational awareness for over aggression ;)

That will be easy.

TexasTyme214
26-06-2015, 16:24
I didn't read the whole list above, but instead of long/short length in the lobby listing, I'd like to see the number of laps or total time of the race. Example

0/8 laps if they're in the lobby, practicing, or qualifying
5/10 laps or 12/60 minutes if mid-race

Also, it would be cool to add "qualifying" or "practicing" when applicable above the number of players in room. As of now, it's unsure if you can hop on track to qualify or wait until the race is over without entering the room first.

WCR-jv27
26-06-2015, 17:08
Online racing is online racing. Consoles have made it worse. Only so much can be done in an open environment. proof? Five years of rFactor.

Elmo
26-06-2015, 17:13
Thanks guys, aggregate them into a neat little list for the devs to look at.

joking_aura
26-06-2015, 17:18
Top 3 for me:
1. Filter lobbies friends are in already.
2. Eliminate lobbies blocked psn's are in.
3. Matchmaking based on tendency toward or avoiding contact.

Another nice to have feature would be to list only friends who have pcars only on the invite list. That is if possible of course.

I look forward to being along for the ride as this game develops. Seems you guys are gaining momentum. Keep it up.

Neil Bateman
26-06-2015, 17:25
You may want to re-word this, its a little misleading used in conjunction with your name.

if u are behind someone u end up in him),

FoxMulder
26-06-2015, 17:51
Until host kick option is implemented I recommend to take the time and report every griefer for bullying via their profile -> more -> submit grief report. Don't know if Sony people even look at them but at least you tried.

madmax2069
26-06-2015, 17:58
Online racing is online racing. Consoles have made it worse. Only so much can be done in an open environment. proof? Five years of rFactor.

Exactly how have consoles made it worse ?

FoxMulder
26-06-2015, 18:03
You may want to re-word this, its a little misleading used in conjunction with your name.

What's wrong with seamen?

siemens123
26-06-2015, 18:27

my nickname is siemens like the telecom company that builds electronics Siemens AG. i dunno what u see there Neil, but i think ur imagination is running too wild. but if this makes u sleep better, i'll change it.

P.S. All that's missing now is a girl calling me a sexist that i didnt wrote "his/her car" or because my nickname has only "men" and not "women" too in it. Bring it on ladies :))

McKiernan
26-06-2015, 18:36
Would love to see some kind of "spotter" (as in Iracing) to help reduce accidental collisions, would be useful in all modes not just online.

svenvangent
26-06-2015, 18:57
Hallo Siemens123 ,

I like the idea to have a option where you can KICK a player out of the room .
If he/she drives in the opposite direction I understand that you have the possibility to KICK the driver .
If she/he waits at one point on the track to hit a car who is passing bye .......(it happens) you KICK the grhhdgrgrgr...ster no problem.
But now......Here is a point where it gets a bit more delicate I think , and could be not far from dictatorship .
Lets say..... you host a room and you have 8 drivers in it 4 of them are your friends , you start the race and at one point one off the 4 other drivers who is-end your friend hits one off your 4 friends , he/she is mad and ask to KICK the racer .
So do you not think that the temptation to KICK the stranger because your friend asked for it would be there , even if he/she has not done it on purpose ?
Now thats where the problem lies for me , or you , we only have to imagine if we where going in to a room and we are the stranger .
Greets .

Flaw3dGenius
26-06-2015, 19:03
Until host kick option is implemented I recommend to take the time and report every griefer for bullying via their profile -> more -> submit grief report. Don't know if Sony people even look at them but at least you tried.

MS used to ban the crashers on Forza 5. I dont think Sony would have the infrastructure to do that though as PSN seems so behind Live it's unreal.

FoxMulder
26-06-2015, 19:26
If there's contact and you send other people off track you deserve a kick, simple as that. I don't care if it was deliberate or not, learn to race contact-free.

Markeeez
26-06-2015, 19:41
Thanks guys, aggregate them into a neat little list for the devs to look at.

Hey as someone posted on this thread, over on GTPlanet, I created a thread about features which could get added to improve online multiplayer, it was a community gathered list which has been open for a good few months :) Hope you take a look. Thanks so much to @Ian Bell and the mods and dev for taking a look :)

This is specific to the online multiplayer sections and what need to be added to improve the racing community online side of this racing sim.

- Host can kick players - It's so frustrating when you got noobs just crashing and trying to ram you off the road, need the ability to kick players and not vote, just doesn't work.

- Lapped cars become ghosts, again some players just trying to ruin your race.

- Chat system so players can actually communicate during the lobby time without a mic.

- Lobby names - being able to name your room is important for people who want different things (Clean, Drift, Fun, Drag, GT3 clean or kick, etc). Also: Instead of the lobby displaying Open Wheel, they should add what class of open wheel is it e.g. Formula A/B/C/Rookie as you don't know what class it is until you join the room.

- More flexibility for the host changing the rules or class of car without making another lobby.

- Wheel or controller only rooms

- Lag improvement.

- Stronger penalties to stop corner cutting and exceeding track limits.

- Free practice available while waiting in the lobby for the race to start.

- Adjustable count down timer so the host can adjust the length of time when the event finishes after the winner has crossed the line.

- Online player rating improved so the host can filter players prone to crashing or cheating.

- Ability to skip a race while staying in the lobby in case you need a break etc only Ready players go onto the track while Not Ready stay in lobby.

- Starting Grid Position options - For example, last race positions, reverse grid, slowest to fastest, Random etc

- Country flag represented somewhere with your race ID.

- Online time trial lobby option - Set time limit, no collisions, fixed conditions and times post to leaderboards.

- Collisions options - on/off in online lobbies.

- Track map displayed while in lobby.

- Abort the race start option

- More servers when looking for an online race. This applies to PC as there will often be only 4 or 5 lobbies showing on some servers and changing servers through steam is far from ideal.

- Garage access while in the lobby.

- Ability to exit a race and return to the lobby rather than returning to the main menu.

- TV screen in lobby's so you can watch the track while waiting

- Tournaments/ Championships - Ability to create a set of races for your lobby with point allocations.

- Mandatory pitstop option

- Tuning - Option to allow or disallow tuning in online lobby's.

- Lobby Options/Settings - Abilty to save room settings.

- Saved liveries you choose for your car stays the same online and does not revert to 'Random'.

- Race numbers - Abiltity to choose a driver number for your use online which is displayed on your car and in lobby next to your Online ID

Link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-online-multiplayer-features-update-response-from-ian-bell.329276/

kligson
26-06-2015, 19:53
One i would love to see: the ability to filter lobbys by a part of the lobby name, instead of (or with) the way it is now, where you need to provide the full lobby name

for instance: "tgc" would list all lobbys that have tgc in their name (preferably case insensitive, of course :D)

Neil Bateman
26-06-2015, 20:04
my nickname is siemens like the telecom company that builds electronics Siemens AG. i dunno what u see there Neil, but i think ur imagination is running too wild. but if this makes u sleep better, i'll change it.

P.S. All that's missing now is a girl calling me a sexist that i didnt wrote "his/her car" or because my nickname has only "men" and not "women" too in it. Bring it on ladies :))

Just a little play on words, forgive me for trying to have a little fun;)

FoxMulder
26-06-2015, 20:51
In the lobby screen go their name and press x, then click on mute.

zennmeister
26-06-2015, 21:03
A "friend" search filter is really needed for all lobbies, public and private.

Also a "request to join" function for those friends' private lobbies.

BohserONKEL87
26-06-2015, 22:04
Hey as someone posted on this thread, over on GTPlanet, I created a thread about features which could get added to improve online multiplayer, it was a community gathered list which has been open for a good few months :) Hope you take a look. Thanks so much to @Ian Bell and the mods and dev for taking a look :)

- Host can kick players - It's so frustrating when you got noobs just crashing and trying to ram you off the road, need the ability to kick players and not vote, just doesn't work.

- Chat system so players can actually communicate during the lobby time without a mic.

- Lobby names - being able to name your room is important for people who want different things (Clean, Drift, Fun, Drag, GT3 clean or kick, etc). Also: Instead of the lobby displaying Open Wheel, they should add what class of open wheel is it e.g. Formula A/B/C/Rookie as you don't know what class it is until you join the room.

- More flexibility for the host changing the rules or class of car without making another lobby.

- Lag improvement.

- Adjustable count down timer so the host can adjust the length of time when the event finishes after the winner has crossed the line.

- Online player rating improved so the host can filter players prone to crashing or cheating.

- Ability to skip a race while staying in the lobby in case you need a break etc only Ready players go onto the track while Not Ready stay in lobby.

- Starting Grid Position options - For example, last race positions, reverse grid, slowest to fastest, Random etc

- Online time trial lobby option - Set time limit, no collisions, fixed conditions and times post to leaderboards.

- More servers when looking for an online race. This applies to PC as there will often be only 4 or 5 lobbies showing on some servers and changing servers through steam is far from ideal.

- Ability to exit a race and return to the lobby rather than returning to the main menu.

- Tournaments/ Championships - Ability to create a set of races for your lobby with point allocations.

- Saved liveries you choose for your car stays the same online and does not revert to 'Random'.

- Race numbers - Abiltity to choose a driver number for your use online which is displayed on your car and in lobby next to your Online ID

Link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-online-multiplayer-features-update-response-from-ian-bell.329276/

you're 100% right I one would still add things

adjust the tank content to race at short in the box must for all equal
;)
Customize litres at short race so that one run in short also can fill up

Example 30 l for all and if not rich has one in the box

Compulsory pit stop

girlracerTracey
26-06-2015, 22:21
I definitely support a collisions on/off option. On a fraught night in a lobby plagued by "rammers" and blockers sometimes it is the only way you can have a decent race. Collisions off racing is pretty cool as an alternative sometimes. Particularly if the slip-stream & "draught" effect still works. Imo in public lobbies you need this option at your disposal as you do a host's "kick" button.

Such is the nature of a minority of ppl who seem to enjoy cheating and/or making others players' lives a misery.

Both these options seem so obvious and necessary to me. Majority of ppl I think do race cleanly enough though. Although a robust & efficient penalty system of some sort also imo is a must.

grT

FoxMulder
26-06-2015, 23:05

How could one say 'No' to those eyes, cmon SMS.

therealzissou
27-06-2015, 11:47
My only worry with the kick option is the inevitability of people abusing it; kicking players who are faster etc. While I do agree that troublesome players shouldn't be allowed to ruin peoples races it is a difficult thing to completely get rid of.

Though, I don't agree with FoxMulder. Racing incidents happen. You simply will not have races with 10 plus players without ever having contact; it's the same in real life. Even experienced players will make mistakes and the fact that a lot of players do not have proper race craft knowledge means that the likelihood of crashes are always there. Irl racing drivers need licences and schooling on rules, regulations race craft etc. Just kicking everyone who causes contact is not realistic at all. Yes of course, blatant rammers and wreckers should be banned but I certainly don't want this sim to turn into an auto ban fest because i made a mistake after 10 laps and ruined my own race as well...

People should be free to learn and improve and the should have the freedom to make 'mistakes'. Taking all that away takes the 'racing' out of it imo.

siemens123
27-06-2015, 13:12
u worry too much.
i dont mind a small bump from time to time (it happens in a race filed with adrenaline or because of some bug), but a bump that kicks me out of the track for good it's something else. if the person it's on its 1st strike and says sorry i'll be over it , but i'll be watching that person to see if he does it again with me or with other players.

my 6 simple rules are:
1. respect each other on the track and lets all have a decent race,
2. use the BREAKS (often and in time to avoid a crash),
3. watch the tail lights of the opponent ,
4. pass the opponent ,only if u are sure that u can pass him ,without causing an incident,
5. dont block on purpose,
6. reset ur car if u have an accident and dont stay on the track blocking ppl out.

it's true ,there are still a lot of problems with ppl that wobble on straights or with lag. hopefully the patch 2.0 will really resolve the online problem with frame rate/lag drop.

FoxMulder
27-06-2015, 13:54

Yeah I don't mind the carnage that is the 1st corner in most races, shit happens, tyres are cold, you get bumped and then bump into me, I get that and I don't care even if it means I end up in last place. But when we're on lap 10 and you try to overtake because you're 2 seconds faster than me, you need to leave some room for me to take the corner too, you even have to break a little earlier because hey MAYBE my braking point is different from yours. If you can't overtake safely, then don't fucking try it and ruin my race. You deserve a kick for that. That's my way to teach you some common sense.

svenvangent
27-06-2015, 17:50
That is a very good one .......

" Stronger penalties to stop corner cutting and exceeding track limits."

At Imola you have a good example , where if you go to widely in turn .....?......... youwhoe get 5sec penalisation .

Greets

Sproket
27-06-2015, 23:56

- Lag improvement.

So in a nut shell. Can we have the Driving Physics of Project Cars and everything else like Gran Turismo.

Sproket
27-06-2015, 23:58
So in a nut shell. Can we have the Driving Physics of Project Cars and everything else like Gran Turismo.
But NOT the Licences

ermo
28-06-2015, 00:19
What if -- as alternative to the host kicking option -- the host could decide to turn a troublesome player into a ghost permanently and what if this would result in the player carrying that tag for every race he enters until he finishes, say, 3 clean races where he doesn't hit anyone?

This accomplishes a couple of things:

1./ The troublesome player loses the feeling of potency associated with being able to block, ram or otherwise ruin other people's races. If you 'race' solely to derive satisfaction from using your car as an obstacle to ruin the fun for others, taking away the ability for you to cause trouble seems a very reasonable strategy?

2./ The tag serves as a temporary warning to other players that the tagged player has been considered a nuisance or a hazard in the last race he entered, meaning that they can opt to either not allow him in the race or -- alternatively -- uphold his ghost status until he's finished 3 clean races. In this context 'clean' means the player hasn't occupied space already used by another (solid?) car.

3./ This functionality could also be used by leagues training new drivers. The league manager could conceivably set up 'racing license requirements' of x clean races using the tagging+ghost system I outline above. It could also be used in lobbies such that only racers on the host's friend list are solid by default and everyone else are ghosts by default. Once the non-friends have proven themselves to be fair and clean racers, they could then be put on the host's 'known clean' list.

4./ You could even associate slow-down penalties with ghost drivers who encroach on the space of others while they are in ghost state. This would serve as very tangible hint that, even as ghosts, driving into other players is not an accepted strategy.

Thoughts?

Synner40
28-06-2015, 05:49
I didn't read the whole list above, but instead of long/short length in the lobby listing, I'd like to see the number of laps or total time of the race. Example

0/8 laps if they're in the lobby, practicing, or qualifying
5/10 laps or 12/60 minutes if mid-race

Also, it would be cool to add "qualifying" or "practicing" when applicable above the number of players in room. As of now, it's unsure if you can hop on track to qualify or wait until the race is over without entering the room first.
this. and also. I think I know you. mr quick as hell.

VBR
28-06-2015, 12:45
What if -- as alternative to the host kicking option -- the host could decide to turn a troublesome player into a ghost permanently and what if this would result in the player carrying that tag for every race he enters until he finishes, say, 3 clean races where he doesn't hit anyone?

1./ The troublesome player loses the feeling of potency associated with being able to block, ram or otherwise ruin other people's races. If you 'race' solely to derive satisfaction from using your car as an obstacle to ruin the fun for others, taking away the ability for you to cause trouble seems a very reasonable strategy?

2./ The tag serves as a temporary warning to other players that the tagged player has been considered a nuisance or a hazard in the last race he entered, meaning that they can opt to either not allow him in the race or -- alternatively -- uphold his ghost status until he's finished 3 clean races. In this context 'clean' means the player hasn't occupied space already used by another (solid?) car.

3./ This functionality could also be used by leagues training new drivers. The league manager could conceivably set up 'racing license requirements' of x clean races using the tagging+ghost system I outline above. It could also be used in lobbies such that only racers on the host's friend list are solid by default and everyone else are ghosts by default. Once the non-friends have proven themselves to be fair and clean racers, they could then be put on the host's 'known clean' list.

4./ You could even associate slow-down penalties with ghost drivers who encroach on the space of others while they are in ghost state. This would serve as very tangible hint that, even as ghosts, driving into other players is not an accepted strategy.

Thoughts?

I like watching replays, & that would ruin the replays form me. If there was ghost cars, people like me need the option to be able to turn them off.

ermo
28-06-2015, 15:50
I like watching replays, & that would ruin the replays form me. If there was ghost cars, people like me need the option to be able to turn them off.

When you say "turn them off", do you mean in replays only? Or in the race itself? I was thinking mainly about how to give the host better tools to control/curb griefing behaviour, which is to say that I am merely giving suggestions for making the online experience better in the (unavoidable?) presence of wreckers.

I respect that people have different opinions about what constitutes "immersion" for them and that you are someone who would prefer not to see ghost cars. :)

Synner40
28-06-2015, 16:12
When you say "turn them off", do you mean in replays only? Or in the race itself? I was thinking mainly about how to give the host better tools to control/curb griefing behaviour, which is to say that I am merely giving suggestions for making the online experience better in the (unavoidable?) presence of wreckers.

I respect that people have different opinions about what constitutes "immersion" for them and that you are someone who would prefer not to see ghost cars. :)
I honestly thing ghost cars is a bad idea. if a lobby has them enabled there will be no one fighting for there line,as everyone would just past though one another. he'll getting past someone is half the fun.

VBR
28-06-2015, 22:13

If ghost cars are on in the race, they'll be on in the replay of that race also. Cars driving through each other does ruin the immersion for me, & in the long run encourages lazy driving imo. However, I'm not against having them as an option for those that want them, as long as I could turn them off separately. I've been running lobbies with all penalties off in GT games since GT5 first came out, also with damage on, & the vast majority of races have been incredibly clean.

Beardybrave
29-06-2015, 01:31

Thoughts?

I think this is a fantastic idea. One that that could set Project Cars apart online.

madmax2069
29-06-2015, 02:03
No, just no ghosts.

McKiernan
29-06-2015, 04:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiG94HIKxSo

Seriously though, please no ghosts :onthego:

jason
29-06-2015, 04:43
No ghosts ..................

stella-stig
29-06-2015, 07:20
A controller or a wheel symbol to show the other opponents what you are using at the side of there name on multiplayer

Mascot
29-06-2015, 07:44

Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I think the power to turn racers into ghosts would be abused by those same people who like to ruin races. Set up a lobby, turn everyone into ghosts for spite. People are idiots. Don't give power to the idiots.

ermo
29-06-2015, 15:44
Unfortunately, I think the power to turn racers into ghosts would be abused by those same people who like to ruin races. Set up a lobby, turn everyone into ghosts for spite. People are idiots. Don't give power to the idiots.

Fair point, but keep in mind that being able to physically block others is also a power, and that this power is granted by default.

ermo
29-06-2015, 15:45
I honestly thing ghost cars is a bad idea. if a lobby has them enabled there will be no one fighting for there line,as everyone would just past though one another. he'll getting past someone is half the fun.

There's no need for ghosts if you trust the players you race with. My proposal specifically targets "griefers".

siemens123
09-08-2015, 20:19
so we were asking for this in patch 2.0. now patch 3.0 is almost out and NOTHING. All those promises and ... whatever.

ChrisK
09-08-2015, 22:57
Well, it's not nothing. They did implement some sort of system, it's just that the system implemented is utterly useless.

siemens123
10-08-2015, 15:19
what is that system that u are talking about?

ChrisK
10-08-2015, 22:31
you can vote to kick out of the lobby, but it requires more than half of the lobby to vote to kick out. i think that's how it works anyway.

madmax2069
10-08-2015, 22:58
you can vote to kick out of the lobby, but it requires more than half of the lobby to vote to kick out. i think that's how it works anyway.

Yes, vote to kick my the majority of the vote. Meaning if people dont vote they wont be kicked (which is how it normally is with the vote to kick system).

It hardly works because people dont hardly follow the call to vote to kick someone.

siemens123
12-08-2015, 11:54

ohhh ... i know this already , i even wrote about it in my post ,i think. it's useless and it was there from the beginning.

Skanda-Five
12-08-2015, 16:02
I think that SMS need not only to implement their online reputation system but also give us the option to exclude certain criteria from the lobby.

What If I we can set the session so that you have to finish say 75% of the races that you start, you have to average no more than 1 yellow flag per race and no more than 2 penalties per race. If you don't meet the host's criteria, you aren't allow to race in the lobby.
This would keep the ne'er-do-wells, crash monkeys and dickless sociopaths out of our races.

If someone buys a game with the sole intention of being a bad sportsman, we have to exclude them from our games.

These people don't read or post here, they aren't part of the community and they don't want to race.

Ghosting does not improve driving. It doesn't create great races. It's a cop-out and it's a cheap one at that.

I don't want the ability to kick players. I don't want the ability to tag players as bad and I don't want the ability to ghost them out.

Let our own reputations decide if we can enter a lobby or not. We have no one to blame but ourselves if we don't measure up.

SMS, you have given us a great online version of a great game but no tools to stop it being ruined.

Our reputations are forged by our own choices.
Give the rammers some rope and let them hang themselves with it!

madmax2069
12-08-2015, 16:58
I think that SMS need not only to implement their online reputation system but also give us the option to exclude certain criteria from the lobby.

What If I we can set the session so that you have to finish say 75% of the races that you start, you have to average no more than 1 yellow flag per race and no more than 2 penalties per race. If you don't meet the host's criteria, you aren't allow to race in the lobby.
This would keep the ne'er-do-wells, crash monkeys and dickless sociopaths out of our races.

If someone buys a game with the sole intention of being a bad sportsman, we have to exclude them from our games.

These people don't read or post here, they aren't part of the community and they don't want to race.

Ghosting does not improve driving. It doesn't create great races. It's a cop-out and it's a cheap one at that.

I don't want the ability to kick players. I don't want the ability to tag players as bad and I don't want the ability to ghost them out.

Let our own reputations decide if we can enter a lobby or not. We have no one to blame but ourselves if we don't measure up.

SMS, you have given us a great online version of a great game but no tools to stop it being ruined.

Our reputations are forged by our own choices.
Give the rammers some rope and let them hang themselves with it!

I agree with everything you said except for the while no kick thing. The vote to kick system is a joke, the reputation system would filter out some of the scum, but it wont get all of them, and that is why it would be a good ideal to do away with the vote to kick system and allow the host to kick.

Skanda-Five
12-08-2015, 17:06
I agree. The power to kick would be good and I wouldn't stay in a lobby where it's abused anyway.
When I say I don't want to kick I mean that it is not a solution in itself.
If you are a good sport, you won't kick people because they are faster than you.

karel
08-11-2015, 15:24
What happened to the "kick someone out" option ?

Ian Bell wrote that its coming -> 26-06-2015, 16:36 its been like 5 months since that was written.

The "vote to kick" functions is totally worthless.

Something needs to be done, until its done the MP is just so painful to play when some idiot joins the game