PDA

View Full Version : Ian Bell, stitched up

DozUK
26-06-2015, 08:05
Obviously these guys don't read the utter garbage aimed at you every day and don't appreciate sarcasm. They see what they want to see.

Ridiculous, you should of changed the word "users" to "journalists"

http://wiiudaily.com/2015/06/project-cars-dislikes-nintendo-users/

Luke Townsend
26-06-2015, 08:13
Ha! Doubt Ian will lose any sleep over that. For goodness sake it never was and never has been a "Kickstarter". But why let facts get in the way of cheap, lazy "journalism". Funny though, scroll down and most of the comments are people having a go at Nintendo. Why do people get so upset about a game anyway nowadays? I can't remember people getting that distressed when a game came out on the Commodore 64 but not the Spectrum! :D :D

Toxic
26-06-2015, 08:16
It would appear it is not just the WiiU itself which is slow when it come to Project Cars.

UMadBro
26-06-2015, 08:19
It would appear it is not just the WiiU itself which is slow when it come to Project Cars.

PS4 and Xbox One aren't even a super computer.

OrenIshii BE
26-06-2015, 08:22

true,
but fast enough to run pCars.

It's unfortunate that SMS couldn't optimize pCars better, but for the sake of it.
The Wii U isn't powerfull enough, deal with it.

Pink_650S
26-06-2015, 08:26

Compared to the WiiU, they are super computers NSA-Style.

BTT: That article, which is totally taken out of context, only shows the desperation of WiiU owners.

UMadBro
26-06-2015, 08:39
true,

It's unfortunate that SMS couldn't optimize pCars better, but for the sake of it.

Didn't SMS say at first the Wii U was powerful enough to run P. Cars before the project moved to PS4 and Xbox One?

stux
26-06-2015, 10:14
Well, at first it was okay to run on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Then Wii U was added... after all its more powerful.

Then the PS4 and XBox One were added and the PS3 and Xbox 360 were removed. Afterall, they were the least powerful. And the physics were getting more demanding than originally anticipated.

Now that means Wii U went from being the top end console, to the bottom console. And maybe they thought they could make it work... by now, it should be obvious that it won't happen, and they should drop it... officially... but perhaps there are reasons why they haven't.

Anyway, is it so hard to then imagine that if the NX comes out, it *may* be just as powerful or more powerful than the current consoles, and if that is the case, it would make sense to again add the NX to the lineup. Of course, depending on where the NX sits then it will either be top or bottom of the consoles again ;)

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 10:15
Didn't SMS say at first the Wii U was powerful enough to run P. Cars before the project moved to PS4 and Xbox One?

Before we went full next gen on the code yes.

Mad Al
26-06-2015, 10:16

I believe it was a reference to it taking a month for the "journalist" to actually find the "story"

UMadBro
26-06-2015, 10:20
true,

Optimization, lad. If you have the time and money, of course.

flymar
26-06-2015, 10:22
Optimization, lad. If you have the time and money, of course.But optimization can only reach certan level. Next is features stripping.

Revvin
26-06-2015, 11:23
Wow this article is surely evidence that if you give a retard long enough eventually he will headbutt the keyboard so many times he will produce an article however inaccurate and misleading it is

OrenIshii BE
26-06-2015, 11:33
Optimization, lad. If you have the time and money, of course.

thats the problem too,
by the time they get the funds together the next generation nintendo will be there,
then SMS will have to start over to "port" pCars on there. Not to mention pCars 2 will be here.

I believe it's been mention they're cutting their losses on the wii U because it's to expensive to do, and the market is to small to get any profit.

I keep believe in yourself that this is possible?

I call this a severe case of 'I only believe in what I say, the rest is horsesh*t'

rams1de
26-06-2015, 11:41
Click bait.

The internet is infested with it, from one-man blogs to corporate news sites. Don't let it eat you up.

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 12:01
I've posted in that thread. I've posted the simple truth.

Espen S. Andresen
26-06-2015, 12:02
Why do people get so upset about a game anyway nowadays? I can't remember people getting that distressed when a game came out on the Commodore 64 but not the Spectrum! :D :D

That's an interesting question! 2 things, I think. Back in the days of the C64, Spectrum and the like, people playing them hadn't had access to computers and consoles all their lives. I mean; I must've been at least 13 years old before the first consoles showed up. But today's youth have been gaming since a very young age, so my theory is that much of the childhood emotion and drama is still associated with gaming. And then there's the internet. The internet happened ;)
You simply wouldn't get in touch with all this emotion on that large a scale back then.

Robski
26-06-2015, 12:07
When you as a company CEO say things things like "I really dislike Nintendo user" you put yourself up to backlash. Sometimes it's better to remain silent.

OrenIshii BE
26-06-2015, 12:07
That's an interesting question! 2 things, I think. Back in the days of the C64, Spectrum and the like, people playing them hadn't had access to computers and consoles all their lives. I mean; I must've been at least 13 years old before the first consoles showed up. But today's youth have been gaming since a very young age, so my theory is that much of the childhood emotion and drama is still associated with gaming. And then there's the internet. The internet happened ;)
You simply wouldn't get in touch with all this emotion on that large a scale back then.

Yeah, Best and worse invention ever!
I remember the days were i had a game on a dail-up modem, think it was C&C Red Alert we played.
Had to tell the parents not to use the phone for a few hours. Then i phoned a mate to get a game up, and those connection sounds.

God i'm getting old (not really, just a huge evolution :p)

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 12:12
When you as a company CEO say things things like "I really dislike Nintendo user" you put yourself up to backlash. Sometimes it's better to remain silent.

I disagree. When we can't interact with disruptive users by giving them some of what they want, or if journalists intentionally use quotes out of context then there's nothing we can do about it.

I will NOT become a corporate automaton spouting out scripted platitudes and walking on eggshells because others are too lazy to read or too gleefully malicious to want to quote a clear joke out of context.

Robski
26-06-2015, 13:24
I see my post got deleted. Oh well, kinda what I expected.

JayRocVW
26-06-2015, 13:32

I remember growing up with the original and super Nintendo which was always considered an ARCADE system and if I remember correctly so were the N64, Gamecube "what a dumb system that was" and the almighty Wii system. So if all of these systems were known for ARCADE games why in the hell would anyone purchase a Wii U to play a SIM Racer? Or even think one would come out for this sh*t console! Now I know PCars was trying to make a Wii U version but obviously they came to the REALIZATION that it's an ARCADE system and you should too! Go play Mario Kart on your "Pee-Ew" system and leave the amazing simulation racer PCars to the real console owners.

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 13:37
I see my post got deleted. Oh well, kinda what I expected.

Another infraction.

Last warning Robski, give it a rest.

Robski
26-06-2015, 13:37
I remember growing up with the original and super Nintendo which was always considered an ARCADE system and if I remember correctly so were the N64, Gamecube "what a dumb system that was" and the almighty Wii system. So if all of these systems were known for ARCADE games why in the hell would anyone purchase a Wii U to play a SIM Racer? Or even think one would come out for this sh*t console! Now I know PCars was trying to make a Wii U version but obviously they came to the REALIZATION that it's an ARCADE system and you should too! Go play Mario Kart on your "Pee-Ew" system and leave the amazing simulation racer PCars to the real console owners.
Because it was announced for it and because until recently we were lead to believe that it's coming and that it's performing nicely.

JayRocVW
26-06-2015, 14:18
Because it was announced for it and because until recently we were lead to believe that it's coming and that it's performing nicely.

And I like playing Super Mario and Mario Kart but I own an Xbox so I can't play either and I'm fine with that, so close your leaking Vagina and get over it! They tired to make the game for you Pee-Ew owners but ultimately couldn't because it can't handle PCars.

Kingleo
26-06-2015, 14:44
I feel for you Ian.

having to put up with the physical and mental abuse.

By physical I mean you must facepalm yourself at least 100 times a day reading all of this unfounded crap...

Sankyo
26-06-2015, 14:51
By physical I mean you must facepalm yourself at least 100 times a day reading all of this unfounded crap...
Well, there was something about getting a DVD stuck somewhere as well by some begrudged member, IIRC...

Plato99
26-06-2015, 15:06
Ha! Doubt Ian will lose any sleep over that. For goodness sake it never was and never has been a "Kickstarter". But why let facts get in the way of cheap, lazy "journalism". Funny though, scroll down and most of the comments are people having a go at Nintendo. Why do people get so upset about a game anyway nowadays? I can't remember people getting that distressed when a game came out on the Commodore 64 but not the Spectrum! :D :D

PCars is coming out for the ZX Spectrum?! Coooool !!!!
Will the 128k version have better sound and more tracks?
Will be interesting how they cope with colour clash with a full grid !! :)

Jiflemon
26-06-2015, 15:23
Ian you are pretty amusing, reading through that posted article and got to the threat of assault.
response: "bring some friends"

love it.

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 15:28
Ian you are pretty amusing, reading through that posted article and got to the threat of assault.
response: "bring some friends"

love it.

And I meant it, I'm tasty! :)

Robski
26-06-2015, 15:30
PCars is coming out for the ZX Spectrum?! Coooool !!!!
Will the 128k version have better sound and more tracks?
Will be interesting how they cope with colour clash with a full grid !! :)

ZX Spectrum version was announced when exactly? Oh... Never. Can you possibly stay on topic? Or is it too much to ask?

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 15:31
ZX Spectrum version was announced when exactly? Oh... Never. Can you possibly stay on topic? Or is it too much to ask?

This is what we call 'a joke' Robski.

TheReaper GT
26-06-2015, 15:37

Dude you sure need some relieve, go play golf, mario kart if you wish. I thought nintendo people were full of joy and sparkles.

SO much uptightness (say whaaaat?)

Robski
26-06-2015, 15:47
This is what we call 'a joke' Robski.

Ian, it's ok to joke. Nothing against that.

Only, a joke has to be funny. That wasn't funny. Wii U version was announced and being worked on. So you have to understand if there's people out there who feel disappointed.

VBR
26-06-2015, 15:47

Before we went full next gen on the code yes.

Just out of curiosity; how much performance gain would be had if the game was made to run at 30fps on Wii U instead of 60fps?

TheReaper GT
26-06-2015, 15:49
Just out of curiosity; how much performance gain would be had if the game was made to run at 30fps on Wii U instead of 60fps?

The target was never 60, it was 30, the problem is they can't past 23.

Kingleo
26-06-2015, 15:53
I think we need a Wii U sub forum so we can all of this its "Special Place"

Plato99
26-06-2015, 16:09

Gutted. Just ordered a 12 pack of C-60 cassettes for the game-saves too.

Robbo-92
26-06-2015, 16:29

The Wii U version was always going to be locked to 720p/30fps but currently is sat at 720p/23fps which is where the problem lies as it has to be a minimum of 30fps before it can be released.

Steam
26-06-2015, 16:43
Sim racing at 30fps?

60fps is the minimum for decent experience!

Robski
26-06-2015, 16:46
Sim racing at 30fps?

It's not like pCARS can hold 60fps minimum on ps4/xbone so what you're saying is that pCARS shouldn't have been released on these consoles either? Not sure if serious.

yusupov
26-06-2015, 16:48
a close friend of mine is a nintendo user...:heart-borken:

Phishfinger
26-06-2015, 16:54
Gutted. Just ordered a 12 pack of C-60 cassettes for the game-saves too.

When I was a kid those things seemed like they took hours to load, it's probably only about the same as it takes to load a career race in 'Ride' though.

TheReaper GT
26-06-2015, 16:56
a close friend of mine is a nintendo user...:heart-borken:

Poor thing, give him a hug from all of us :cool:

Straightlaced84
26-06-2015, 16:56
I have to admit, I'm kind of impressed by how angry Nintendo fans seem to be over this whole thing.

I didn't even know Nintendo was still doing anything in the first place. It's been almost 30 years since I've owned one of their systems.

Robbo-92
26-06-2015, 16:57
Sim racing at 30fps?

30fps isn't ideal but it's more than playable.

Robski
26-06-2015, 17:03
I have to admit, I'm kind of impressed by how angry Nintendo fans seem to be over this whole thing.

I didn't even know Nintendo was still doing anything in the first place. It's been almost 30 years since I've owned one of their systems.

Point me to where Nintendo owners are being angry. Am I missing something? All I see is fanboys bashing Nintendo.

Brent G
26-06-2015, 18:08
If only I could use my extensive vocabulary of profanaties to describe my thoughts as regards to the author of the most ridiculous piece of journalism since the Sun ran the 'Freddy Starr ate my hamster' article. Dear journo, you are a twat.

xautos
26-06-2015, 18:15
Obviously these guys don't read the utter garbage aimed at you every day and don't appreciate sarcasm. They see what they want to see.

Ridiculous, you should of changed the word "users" to "journalists"

http://wiiudaily.com/2015/06/project-cars-dislikes-nintendo-users/

i guess this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32947-MILITANT-WiiU-Hahahaha-what-a-terrible-forum-and-company) is what that person on the other thread was going on about?

well the one thing you should of always taken with a handful of salt that promises can be broken and it seems there was a reason for it, even the publisher for the article on that site acknowledged that pcars team tried to get it to work. so there was no lack of stopping until there probably wouldnt of been any other choice. guessing budget reasons and time, whatever the case though they at least tried to bring it. and at that point you should of chucked the salt over your shoulder. but in another sense pcars team would of learn some lessons of their own, so in the end it may have been costly but there was something productive come out of it.

UMadBro
27-06-2015, 05:55
When you've promised somebody, I think you guys should head to Wii U Forums and ask the guys a few questions. How does that sound? It may even just clear the confusion and hatred.

Baron_Greenback
27-06-2015, 09:18
Nintendo users are people too...Well they will be when they become adults.

agentbeef
27-06-2015, 11:15

your joking aren't you them buggers got chuckie egg and I didn't .

agentbeef
27-06-2015, 11:23
Nintendo users are people too...Well they will be when they become adults.

we are not all children I am 45 yrs old and quite happy playing mariokart or a good Zelda game, I own ps4 xbone wii u and a half decent pc, I don't care where I have to play a game if its a good game, never been keen on all the fanboism. you just have to be realistic I would have laughed at a wii u version of pcars, it just could not handle it, the wii u has its place but that is a place of fun and joy not sims.

flymar
27-06-2015, 11:44
Sim racing at 30fps?

No.
Much of the time I spent with the game I was doing less then 30.
Right now with 20AI and rain I get 30 in start straight @ Watkins Glen.
And the experience is more then decent.
Perhaps I'm tolerant about it and I know there are people out there that says 60 minimum or nothing, but I still get my share of enjoyment from the game.

bmanic
27-06-2015, 15:21
Point me to where Nintendo owners are being angry. Am I missing something? All I see is fanboys bashing Nintendo.

.. not sure if serious.

Baron_Greenback
27-06-2015, 20:01
we are not all children I am 45 yrs old and quite happy playing mariokart or a good Zelda game, I own ps4 xbone wii u and a half decent pc, I don't care where I have to play a game if its a good game, never been keen on all the fanboism. you just have to be realistic I would have laughed at a wii u version of pcars, it just could not handle it, the wii u has its place but that is a place of fun and joy not sims.

Can't argue with Mario Kart. I stand corrected.

agentbeef
27-06-2015, 23:09
Yeah, Best and worse invention ever!
I remember the days were i had a game on a dail-up modem, think it was C&C Red Alert we played.
Had to tell the parents not to use the phone for a few hours. Then i phoned a mate to get a game up, and those connection sounds.

God i'm getting old (not really, just a huge evolution :p)

I think I might know you geez that was some of the best gaming you can get. though I didn't have to ask my parents not to use the phone, had to ask the wife.

now who's old.

TheReaper GT
27-06-2015, 23:10
I think I might know you geez that was some of the best gaming you can get. though I didn't have to ask my parents not to use the phone, had to ask the wife.

now who's old.

You, you are old auhauhahuauha Kidding bro :D

ian2726
27-06-2015, 23:20
Writer of article = NOB

agentbeef
27-06-2015, 23:23
Writer of article = NOB

well, he's succinct.

rotorrian
29-06-2015, 06:03
Who cares about Nintendo.

Playing a racing game on a Nintendo is like entering your Toyota Priius in LMP1.

FA RACING 01
29-06-2015, 06:06

Playing a racing game on a Nintendo is like entering your Toyota Priius in LMP1.

Common mate. I dont play Nintendo either, but lets respect those who does.

UMadBro
29-06-2015, 06:41

Who cares about Sony, Microsoft and the PC division? Do you even think when you type or is it just that your hatred of Nintendo gets the best of you? Should you see a doctor? No, what you need is a Wii U console! Experience the divine unity of Nintendo's finest creations, in HD!

OrenIshii BE
29-06-2015, 08:11

Who cares about Sony, Microsoft and the PC division? Do you even think when you type or is it just that your hatred of Nintendo gets the best of you? Should you see a doctor? No, what you need is a Wii U console! Experience the divine unity of Nintendo's finest creations, in HD!

Well, this WAS a half decent discussion.
Now the flames heating up.

I see no more reason for this to go on.
Mods, please close

Imo, all those kind of fanboy post need to go. We're all gamers at heart.

UMadBro
29-06-2015, 09:30
Well, this WAS a half decent discussion.
Now the flames heating up.

I see no more reason for this to go on.
Mods, please close

Imo, all those kind of fanboy post need to go. We're all gamers at heart.

I was replying to the troll above, also, if you've noticed, most Wii U gamers felt they've been 'stabbed in the back'.

OrenIshii BE
29-06-2015, 09:49
UMadBro,

You're stooping down to troll-level yourself, just ignore such post.
By replying to them they get what they want, winding you up.
my point of view, troll won!

Sik180sx
29-06-2015, 12:33
I disagree. When we can't interact with disruptive users by giving them some of what they want, or if journalists intentionally use quotes out of context then there's nothing we can do about it.

I will NOT become a corporate automaton spouting out scripted platitudes and walking on eggshells because others are too lazy to read or too gleefully malicious to want to quote a clear joke out of context.
Amen to that.

agentbeef
29-06-2015, 15:47
I was replying to the troll above, also, if you've noticed, most Wii U gamers felt they've been 'stabbed in the back'.

I am a wii u owner and I do not feel stabbed in the back. ppl must be realistic I love my wii u but it could not handle pcars. anybody who thinks it could is deluded clearly. only the most blinkered wii u owner would continue to insist its as powerful as all the others wait for the nx and get pcars 2 sorted.

TheReaper GT
29-06-2015, 17:32
I'am sure UMadBro has good intentions but he is a bit too much into the Wii U advocate business. Maybe he have couple of friends that have tha game and share his vision and he feel for them. I don't think he is qualified to speak in name of all nintendo fans, though. I honestly hope nintendo people get pcars on some form eventualy, but I also hope nintendo learn that outdated is outdated and that they have to step up in the hardware business.

Robbo-92
29-06-2015, 19:09
I am a wii u owner and I do not feel stabbed in the back. ppl must be realistic I love my wii u but it could not handle pcars. anybody who thinks it could is deluded clearly. only the most blinkered wii u owner would continue to insist its as powerful as all the others wait for the nx and get pcars 2 sorted.

I think a lot of Nintendo fans know and accept the fact that the Wii U isn't as poweful as the other consoles and don't really have a problem with that but realise that Project CARS could well be the last major third party title to release for the system so many are still eager to see it come to fruition if possible.

Regarding Project CARS future on NX is an interesting one, do SMS release Project CARS on NX at launch to test the waters or do they risk it and put Project CARS 2 straight onto it? From my view it'd have to be Project CARS 2, by the time the NX has been released everyone who wants to play Project CARS will have most likely done so and subsequently sales of Project CARS could be poor whereas PCARS 2 could seem very well if it is a launch game for example.

@SOi TheReaper, surely Nintendo must realise that the weaker hardware is holding them back when it comes to third party games, if they don't change they may be in for another rough gen of gaming (maybe even worse than this gen) which is something I certainly don't want to see.

TheReaper GT
29-06-2015, 19:12
I think a lot of Nintendo fans know and accept the fact that the Wii U isn't as poweful as the other consoles and don't really have a problem with that but realise that Project CARS could well be the last major third party title to release for the system so many are still eager to see it come to fruition if possible.

Regarding Project CARS future on NX is an interesting one, do SMS release Project CARS on NX at launch to test the waters or do they risk it and put Project CARS 2 straight onto it? From my view it'd have to be Project CARS 2, by the time the NX has been released everyone who wants to play Project CARS will have most likely done so.

@SOi TheReaper, surely Nintendo must realise that the weaker hardware is holding them back when it comes to third party games, if they don't change they may be in for another rough gen of gaming (maybe even worse than this gen) which is something I certainly don't want to see.

Yeah, me neither, I always want to buy a Wii U but just Nintendo IP doesn't cut as investment reason for me, but I like them. And I really don't like RPGs, fantasy games. I sure want that NX to be a beast of machine to compete and bring some heat to MS and Sony field.

Robbo-92
29-06-2015, 19:30
Yeah, me neither, I always want to buy a Wii U but just Nintendo IP doesn't cut as investment reason for me, but I like them. And I really don't like RPGs, fantasy games. I sure want that NX to be a beast of machine to compete and bring some heat to MS and Sony field.

That's the reason I wanted to see a price cut at E3 for the Wii U as it sounds like you're a little on the fence but a price cut could have swung it making you get a Wii U even if it's just for a few Nintendo IP's you enjoy. It'll be interesting to see how much power the NX will have as if it does release in 2017 then the next Playstation and Xbox release in late 2018 then it only has to be slightly more powerful than the expected PS5/Xbox Two allowing for a years difference in tech price. Suppose it really does depend on how long Sony/Micorsoft want this gen to last, Sony probably want it to last an age considering how well the PS4 is doing.

TheReaper GT
29-06-2015, 19:38
That's the reason I wanted to see a price cut at E3 for the Wii U as it sounds like you're a little on the fence but a price cut could have swung it making you get a Wii U even if it's just for a few Nintendo IP's you enjoy. It'll be interesting to see how much power the NX will have as if it does release in 2017 then the next Playstation and Xbox release in late 2018 then it only has to be slightly more powerful than the expected PS5/Xbox Two allowing for a years difference in tech price. Suppose it really does depend on how long Sony/Micorsoft want this gen to last, Sony probably want it to last an age considering how well the PS4 is doing.

Yeah, here in Brazil consoles are very expensive, they are not ordinary christmas present. They cost about 25% more than in europe, not a big deal, but nintendo just close operations here and let us in the hands of smuglers and importers, so the price is even higher and no warranty at all. That's another beef I have with nintendo, the fan base here is HUGE but they don't care.

If you go to an legit store, that pay all the taxes, an XBox one costs around U$ 550 dollars here, A nintendo Wii U costs about that too, and a PS4 costs an incredibelievable (I made that word up auhauh) U$ 1700,00.

Robbo-92
29-06-2015, 20:59
Yeah, here in Brazil consoles are very expensive, they are not ordinary christmas present. They cost about 25% more than in europe, not a big deal, but nintendo just close operations here and let us in the hands of smuglers and importers, so the price is even higher and no warranty at all. That's another beef I have with nintendo, the fan base here is HUGE but they don't care.

If you go to an legit store, that pay all the taxes, an XBox one costs around U$ 550 dollars here, A nintendo Wii U costs about that too, and a PS4 costs an incredibelievable (I made that word up auhauh) U$ 1700,00.

Ouch.... That's a serious investment if you want a PS4, large investment for the Wii U considering it's current situation and actually not that bad for the Xbox if the $550 includes tax etc (slightly higher but not by a huge amount). I had heard Nintendo had left Brazil but never really read into as to why.

Umer Ahmad
29-06-2015, 21:03
In Chicago i used to work with some guys from Sao Paulo. When they visited the Chicago office they used to "load up" on games and stuff to take home. Now i get it.

TheReaper GT
29-06-2015, 21:04
Ouch.... That's a serious investment if you want a PS4, large investment for the Wii U considering it's current situation and actually not that bad for the Xbox if the $550 includes tax etc (slightly higher but not by a huge amount). I had heard Nintendo had left Brazil but never really read into as to why.

They say they don't make money, I doubt that. Microsoft is making money with xbox, and yes, tax included. Here the prices are aways with taxes. When Sony was about to announce the called National Playstation 4 they made a lot of buz in the press, when they said the price they broke the internet in here, uhauhauhuhaa It was like WHAAAAAT. I was at the event and I literally spit my soda on my buddy's shirt. auauahua People here buy PS4 on the grey market, without warrany, for the same price you buy an XBox in a official retailer. Microsoft is really doing a great job here, they give warranty regardless of where you boght your product and they send a DHL van to pick the defective one and replace for a new one.

Robbo-92
29-06-2015, 21:13
They say they don't make money, I doubt that. Microsoft is making money with xbox, and yes, tax included. Here the prices are aways with taxes. When Sony was about to announce the called National Playstation 4 they made a lot of buz in the press, when they said the price they broke the internet in here, uhauhauhuhaa It was like WHAAAAAT. I was at the event and I literally spit my soda on my buddy's shirt. auauahua People here buy PS4 on the grey market, without warrany, for the same price you buy an XBox in a official retailer. Microsoft is really doing a great job here, they give warranty regardless of where you boght your product and they send a DHL van to pick the defective one and replace for a new one.

If Xbox are making money with each Xbox One sold Nintendo will have been making money on each Wii U sold. Sound's like Microsoft are doing a good job in Brazil, Sony and Nintendo not so much though!

Toxic
29-06-2015, 22:22
If Xbox are making money with each Xbox One sold Nintendo will have been making money on each Wii U sold. Sound's like Microsoft are doing a good job in Brazil, Sony and Nintendo not so much though!

You should check the Nintendo stock and examine the numbers for the last 5 years. They are not doing very well. At all.

TheReaper GT
29-06-2015, 22:26
You should check the Nintendo stock and examine the numbers for the last 5 years. They are not doing very well. At all.

Yeah, but we are talking about the Brazilian market.

agentbeef
30-06-2015, 12:07

I know this info may be out of date but I heard when the first wii came out Nintendo were actually earning more profit on each 3ds they sold than each wii, don't know if that situation carried on with the u .