PDA

View Full Version : (PS4) Finding a MP game is a nightmare... Is it just PS4 or me?

Jweaver
26-06-2015, 08:51
I had been playing PC (PS4) since launch and finding games on-line was a bit hit and miss.. But since the 1.04 patch, things are much worse.

The kind of problems I have are:

1. Most lobbies almost empty. (Probably caused by the 1.04 feature to randomize lobbies)
2. Some lobbies are stuck at 60 or 0 seconds and the game never starts
3. Joining a game in session (i.e qualifying) results in all options (including Drive) being locked 90% of the time.

This is making finding a game almost impossible. I assumed that everyone was seeing this, and it was a known issue.. But since there are no fixes implied in the 2.0 patch, I wonder if this isn't a known issue.

Is anyone else suffering the same? Just PS4 or all platforms?

Jon

cloakdeath
26-06-2015, 21:05
I've found it harder to find decently sized lobbies since launch but maybe there's just less people on.

FoxMulder
26-06-2015, 21:10
These issues have been reported over and over again since launch but didn't seem to be high priority enough to make it into the patches.

AdM1
26-06-2015, 22:53
Yeah its annoying I get it on xbox can take ages to get into a lobby and a lot of the time there's only a couple people in the session etc.

Usually takes me about 10 minutes of searching and trying to find a decent lobby.

MrFlibble81
29-06-2015, 12:55
Yeah I've found it taking a while to find a lobby with more than 3 or 4 people in them (on ps4) and I think it has gotten worse but that might be just because less people are playing it right now. We just had a massive game release in Arkham Knight which despite it's problems has sold a ton of copies so that might be one of the reasons maybe?

And yeah I've also experienced the in game options being locked so I'm unable to drive out of my pit box and am forced to sit there and wait. It's annoying when that happens but I'm not great at qualifying anyway so I usually end up starting somewhere near the back of the grid anyway! lol.

marcovhv
29-06-2015, 22:24
I had been playing PC (PS4) since launch and finding games on-line was a bit hit and miss.. But since the 1.04 patch, things are much worse.

The kind of problems I have are:

1. Most lobbies almost empty. (Probably caused by the 1.04 feature to randomize lobbies)
2. Some lobbies are stuck at 60 or 0 seconds and the game never starts
3. Joining a game in session (i.e qualifying) results in all options (including Drive) being locked 90% of the time.

This is making finding a game almost impossible. I assumed that everyone was seeing this, and it was a known issue.. But since there are no fixes implied in the 2.0 patch, I wonder if this isn't a known issue.

Is anyone else suffering the same? Just PS4 or all platforms?

Jon

Not just you. Pretty hard for me as well and it seems to be getting harder.
Also doesn't help that whenever qualifying is already in progress the game doesn't let you just jump in and qualify. I have no idea why. When there's 10 minutes of qualifying time set and you enter 2 minutes in why on earth would you need to wait and not be allowed to participate?

MrFlibble81
30-06-2015, 15:05
When there's 10 minutes of qualifying time set and you enter 2 minutes in why on earth would you need to wait and not be allowed to participate?

That's a known bug. You either have to just wait until you're synced with everyone and it pops up or you have to leave and re enter and see if that works.

Panopticism
01-07-2015, 01:06
I have it on both PC and PS4. I find that it is less than ideal on both for the same reasons, but it's much harder to find a decent lobby on PS4.

Stayler
02-07-2015, 09:56
Same. Why does it take you back to the main menu aswell, when you leave a crap lobby.

cudirage13
02-07-2015, 17:38
I don't really have any problems finding games on PS4. What is a problem is finding games where people don't intentionally try to run you off the road...that's another story

Ramshackle
02-07-2015, 20:11
I didn't see this thread, started one on the very same topic yesterday. But yes, finding a race is so much more time consuming since the update. I really want to play this game but I'm finding it really difficult at the moment. If you do manage to find a well populated lobby on a track you prefer, you're more than likely to end up being shoved off track or into a wall when you finally get to race.