PDA

View Full Version : Finding a MP game is a nightmare. (A discussion about the GUI, not idiot drivers)

Jweaver
26-06-2015, 08:52
I have also posted this in the Multiplayer forum as I want to catch both audiences.. So sorry for the double post....

I had been playing PC since launch and finding games on-line was a bit hit and miss.. But since the 1.04 patch, things are much worse.

The kind of problems I have are:

1. Most lobbies almost empty. (Probably caused by the 1.04 feature to randomize lobbies)
2. Some lobbies are stuck at 60 or 0 seconds and the game never starts
3. Joining a game in session (i.e qualifying) results in all options (including Drive) being locked 90% of the time.

This is making finding a game almost impossible. I assumed that everyone was seeing this, and it was a known issue.. But since there are no fixes implied in the 2.0 patch, I wonder if this isn't a known issue.

Is anyone else suffering the same? Just PS4 or all platforms?

Jon

Pink_650S
26-06-2015, 08:57
1.) That was definitely a good addition.
2.) Hope this'll get fixed too.
3.) Thats still a thing unfortunately, indeed.

Voxen
26-06-2015, 10:15
The nightmare is to find a public server not full of morons playing destruction derby instead of racing.

Jweaver
26-06-2015, 13:56
The nightmare is to find a public server not full of morons playing destruction derby instead of racing.

I agree.. But I would prefer to play with Morons, than bounce from lobby to lobby, hoping I can find one which is going to start.

The 2nd issue (joining qualifying and having Drive locked) is driving me crazy.. It happens about 80% of the time and I am on the verge of giving up.

JeyD02
26-06-2015, 14:01
Ya the latter one us quite annoying.

Jweaver
15-07-2015, 10:22
This is getting ridiculous now.. I wanted to have a quick game last night.. And I entered 8 lobbies in a row.. All were set to Qualifying.. All were in progress.. And all had the "Drive" option locked.

In one case, there was only 3 mins left.. SO I waited it out.. Entered the game.. Was locked in "bumper cam" and couldn't play it because my view was too low.

This is much worse than ever.. Probably because most games have "qualifying" switched on.. THere is litterally no point in playing any more, as I can't get into a game without 10-30 mins work to find a lobby which lets me "drive".

I really hope that cause of this is known and a fix incoming as this is getting bad now..

Bealdor
15-07-2015, 10:24
I really hope that cause of this is known and a fix incoming as this is getting bad now..

Should be fixed with the next patch:

The occasions I've seen locked in bumper cam are as a direct consequence of the Drive button locked bug; the session eventually advances to the next (eg race) and at that point although you can drive, you cannot change views. This scenario only occurs with JIP games and my fix addresses that. If there's another sequence that can result in bumper cam then let me know how and I'll take a look.

Same for Start Session Timer being stuck at 0. I've seen this once but I don't know what the game host session was doing at the time. If there's a repro method we can check it out.

A more accurate interpretation would be the Drive button bug is fixed and will be patched in as soon as is practical to do so.

danowat
15-07-2015, 10:59
Has the online population died on the PS4?, I was looking for a game this morning, and there were only 11 games available.

Jweaver
22-07-2015, 16:00
Sorry to bang on about this... But I havn't been able to get a single game now for 2 days, almost every game has 'qualifying' and the drive option is greyed out.. A few sessions were close to finishing so I stuck it out, but then of course, my camera was locked to the bumper.

So this has me thinking.. Clearly this is a bug and the devs already have a fix.. But is it affecting everyone the same? For me its like 90% of the time.. But since people are playing, it can't be affecting EVERYONE equally.. .Does anyone know the trigger? Is it possible that there is some kind of workaround?

For me, I am getting close to shelving this until the next patch. Not because I want too.. But because its simply impossible to find a game...

Jon

MrFlibble81
22-07-2015, 16:25
I've been able to find games pretty easy recently. I've not played since Sunday but it was pretty easy and I only came across the no drive bug once which came with the locked bumper cam, which is annoying but I just put up with it and race anyway.

But once I find a decent lobby I tend to stay on it for a while and do a few races and that bug only seems to happen the first time if I join a session in progress.

Side note -- The sensation of speed from the bumper cam is pretty freaking amazing!!