PDA

View Full Version : Optimum tyre pressures should set automatically when change tire in-race or pre-race

FAster
26-06-2015, 08:55
I have pitted Formula B car, changed the tyres to Soft, and tyre pressures stays the same, I don't know the correct tyre pressure for the Softs, so the car spuns, I dont want to wast my time to test the pressures. So game should change the optimum tyre pressure when i change the tyre type at the same moment.

Pink_650S
26-06-2015, 08:59
Agreed.

Yorkie065
26-06-2015, 09:38
I agree with you in a way, but not optimum settings for each tyre. Each tyre compound should have it's own default setting/pressures (if it doesn't already and I don't believe they do) which are kind of a safe setting and that should be applied when changing tyres in a race as a default unless the player changes it themselves.

There are too many variables with weather conditions, time of day, track temperatures and general setup that affect tyre pressures and what their optimum pressures should be for when you change tyres in a stop. Plus it does make any testing and running for those who want to do it redundant.

Joeri Blootacker
26-06-2015, 09:46
while i do agree to a certain point, i do think you should at least know at least how your car is reacting on a certain compound.

Some will prefer a bit more or less pressure based on their personal driving behavious. so a default tyre compound pressure might be useless. as it might be wrong for you as well then.
you also need to give the tyres 1 or 2 laps to get up to temperature and to level the tyre pressure under temperature.

FAster
26-06-2015, 10:54
Yes you guys are more right. What I try to mean by optimum is a default range of tyre pressure.
We can find the best pressure. What important is game forces us to have wrong tyre preasure sizes at pit stop tyre changes, than what happens is a uncontrollable car even with heated tires at the exit of the pits, this because of the wrong Psi, not cold tires, because in pits tyres are already heated in garages as like in real life.

Mahjik
26-06-2015, 15:00
Yes you guys are more right. What I try to mean by optimum is a default range of tyre pressure.
We can find the best pressure. What important is game forces us to have wrong tyre preasure sizes at pit stop tyre changes, than what happens is a uncontrollable car even with heated tires at the exit of the pits, this because of the wrong Psi, not cold tires, because in pits tyres are already heated in garages as like in real life.

That's a bug that has been acknowledged and is being fixed in the next patch:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32776-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-2-0-Release-notes

* Fixed an issue where flat tyres were fitted to the car during a pit stop, by ensuring that the tyres are correctly inflated.

FAster
26-06-2015, 18:53
That's a bug that has been acknowledged and is being fixed in the next patch:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32776-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-2-0-Release-notes

* Fixed an issue where flat tyres were fitted to the car during a pit stop, by ensuring that the tyres are correctly inflated.

No I am talking about tyre pressures. During I change tyre type, tyre pressure should change to its drivable amount.

LordDRIFT
26-06-2015, 18:59
Has this not been fixed?

FAster
26-06-2015, 19:02
Has this not been fixed?

Well no, during Formula A race, I change tyres in pits from Feratti(yellow labeld) to Soft (white labeled) than woops awsome spun, undrivable car..

Fight-Test
26-06-2015, 20:41
not fixed in GT3. I will start a race at say 2.05 and when I go in pit the pressures might be 1.60 or 1.75 or something even if I set them before hand in strategy to my normal pressures. I dont know when I go in pit If I should change the pressure or If the pit engineer already fixed them to match because they are warm. I really have not idea what is going on half the time with tires when I pit. me and the guys I race with all have same prob. I just dont even look anymore when I pit. I just let them change tires and deal with it. Sometimes they are red in a lap, not flat just jacked up pressure. I feel Im having far less issues than the guys I race with and my issues with it are pretty bad. Its just too damn confusing as to what is going on. Ive been reading the tire wear thread and it makes not damn sense either, even when the SMS tire guys talks. Im totally lost with this.

Goldenballs2003
27-06-2015, 08:55
I think it's possible that it could be other tuning options being reset to default when you come into the pits. Did you alter any tuning settings during the race weekend?

I had a Formula B race at Hockenheim last night, 100% 38 lap race. Pitted for tires on lap 25 leading the race and when I came out car was horrible. I had no downforce, was bouncing all over the place and couldn't take high speed corners at all. My tires were fine, temps were ok and they were all in the green so it must have been tunes resetting or randomly changing.

Needless to say my lead didn't last long! Was 15 seconds in the lead after the stop, they caught me with 3 laps to go and I inevitably spun on the last lap whilst in 3rd and finished 19th.

AB_Attack
27-06-2015, 09:05
If I change nothing, in GT3, default is 2.05, Pitstop preset is 1.60 and during pitstop it's jacked up again to 2.50. Settings changing themselves can't be a feature.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31420-Pitstop-tyres-have-lower-tyre-pressure

Fight-Test
27-06-2015, 12:46
Exactly ab. That's what I'm seeing.