PDA

View Full Version : Dubai - Cheaters are UP again...

Joca63
26-06-2015, 11:25
Well, so far I have the 3rd time, and Mr. David Semperger and the other guy already started this one cutting corners...again...these competitions are just useless with that kind of people (why can not you just stop doing that?)...probably all assists on and cutting the track...way to go guys...you are "awesome"...you can not just compete clean, right? Another track/competition I am out because of you.

FA RACING 01
26-06-2015, 11:30
Well, so far I have the 3rd time, and Mr. David Semperger and the other guy already started this one cutting corners...again...these competitions are just useless with that kind of people (why can not you just stop doing that?)...probably all assists on and cutting the track...way to go guys...you are "awesome"...you can not just compete clean, right? Another track/competition I am out because of you.

I feel your pain mate. Same on XBox. I believe SMS will bring relief soon, so hang in there.

Joni Varis
26-06-2015, 11:33
Its hardly suprising to anyone at this stage, these guys will keep doing it until they are given some noticeable penalty about it. Thats why i dont even bother with these events, in near future its not likely going to get any better so the ones can/will do are going to be very limited.

Road america was the only event lately where you couldnt do any massive cutting, but after it ended watched few ghosts of top 10 & some of the guys still tried to exploit the few corners you could there aswell. Example going very wide on purpose at turn before the carousel, like that you dont need to slow down car even close as much & can maintain much higher speed. Also hitting/collecting the bollards on many corner and going completely over the kerbings.

FA RACING 01
26-06-2015, 11:36
^^^ Don't say that mate. I need to believe there's hope for it to be rectified.

arveena
26-06-2015, 12:14
The RA was okayish the only thing i could find which was some kind of cut was the going wide on the carusell.
Atleast the top 2 times were clean and showed that those cutting guys are not the fastest AT ALL

The saddest thing about this is that SMS are putting these guys under their esport tab and also their clan tags. Makes this whole esport tab on the page just a complete farce. I mean even in games where cutting and exploiting has its own culture like trackmania. They would never ever let cutting happen in something called "esport". Also what kind of esport organisation let those guys in.

N0body Of The Goat
26-06-2015, 12:28
The current best time ghost of 1min25.181secs is an absolute joke, the amount of corners where all 4 wheels are outside the track defining white lines by several car widths is bonkers! They approach corners outside the track and then cut inside apexes.

My current 1min30.882secs ghost is default setup and despite the info, the only assist active is auto clutch (I have driving assists set to real, which incorrectly posts all assists active in leaderboards).

Joca63
26-06-2015, 13:09
Its hardly suprising to anyone at this stage, these guys will keep doing it until they are given some noticeable penalty about it. Thats why i dont even bother with these events, in near future its not likely going to get any better so the ones can/will do are going to be very limited.

Road america was the only event lately where you couldnt do any massive cutting, but after it ended watched few ghosts of top 10 & some of the guys still tried to exploit the few corners you could there aswell. Example going very wide on purpose at turn before the carousel, like that you dont need to slow down car even close as much & can maitain much higher speed. Also hitting/collecting the bollards on many corner and going completely over the kerbings.

I just hope that Pcars2 does not "steal" all SMS attention, despite of what they are saying...Really, as a human being, it is hard to understand that those guys feel good about it (cheating, exploiting, cutting corners, etc)...it is just insane one does not care, even knowing it is wrong...worse are the guys that says:"- If the game allows it, it is legal!" OMG...in what world are they?

Joni Varis
26-06-2015, 13:11
I just hope that Pcars2 does not "steal" all SMS attention, despite of what they are saying...Really, as a human being, it is hard to understand that those guys feel good about it (cheating, exploiting, cutting corners, etc)...it is just insane one does not care, even knowing it is wrong...worse are the guys that says:"- If the game allows it, it is legal!" OMG...in what world are they?

Exatly. Still good to know there are atleast some honest guys who has same mentality as myself. Sadly we seem the be vast minority on this community.

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-06-2015, 14:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDUhXtQO5FI&feature=youtu.be

If anyone would like to provide a good PC, that will play PCars 2, I'd happily join the WMD community, and make sure this cant be done in the next one.

Looking forward to patch 2.0, that should sort this out, for the vast majority or "cuttable" corners.

@WRT IVORBIGUN - you do not have permission to watch this and see where I beat you. :D :D Im sure it wont take you long to improve your time though.

GT-Club_Atho_
26-06-2015, 14:52
Actually 1st on PS4 with 1.25.1 and no cuts.

I think a high 24 is possible but it will be hard to beat the cutters. This is unfortunate because Dubai is a very good track.

WRT IVORBIGUN
26-06-2015, 15:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSOiEV0AzwQ

If anyone would like to provide a good PC, that will play PCars 2, I'd happily join the WMD community, and make sure this cant be done in the next one.

Looking forward to patch 2.0, that should sort this out, for the vast majority or "cuttable" corners.

@WRT IVORBIGUN - you do not have permission to watch this and see where I beat you. :D :D Im sure it wont take you long to improve your time though.
Just had a quick go earlier and im looking forward to having another go later. Need to sort out a set up first!

I really cannot wait until the patch sorts out all these cuttable corners. At least those who keep on moaning won't have any excuses for being off the pace!

FA RACING 01
26-06-2015, 15:12
Actually 1st on PS4 with 1.25.1 and no cuts.

I think a high 24 is possible but it will be hard to beat the cutters. This is unfortunate because Dubai is a very good track.

That's a really great lap mate. Just goes to show.

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-06-2015, 15:42
That's a really great lap mate. Just goes to show.

Is there a replay showing this 1.25 with no cutting? I'd like to see it, as im sure many others would too. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib0fXxf7-so

Joca63
26-06-2015, 15:58
I really cannot wait until the patch sorts out all these cuttable corners. At least those who keep on moaning won't have any excuses for being off the pace!

You just lost a good opportunity to keep this kind of opinion to yourself. Do you really believe that the correct people that drive like in real life are using this "moaning" as excuses for being slower compared to the stupid cuts and exploits you do in the tracks you can? Grow up my friend...nowhere in the world a race driver can cut any chicane or curve to obtain an advantage....you can do it, but be sure you will be disqualified...

SpeedFreakDTM
26-06-2015, 16:31
You just lost a good opportunity to keep this kind of opinion to yourself. Do you really believe that the correct people that drive like in real life are using this "moaning" as excuses for being slower compared to the stupid cuts and exploits you do in the tracks you can? Grow up my friend...nowhere in the world a race driver can cut any chicane or curve to obtain an advantage....you can do it, but be sure you will be disqualified...

I dont believe anyone is saying that you can do it in real life, but this is NOT real life. This is a game, and this aspect will be sorted in an upcoming patch.
Stop crying and crack on with it :)

FA RACING 01
26-06-2015, 16:45
The acceptance of cutting in this game is arguably just a difference in opinion. Plain cheating on the other hand beyond the boundaries of moral integrity is a way of life (for some) and for them not just limited to a game. You cheat once, your future is a given.

PM My previous post on this matter is self explanatory, so I have nothing more to add, save to say I'll rather be crying than to be labelled a cheat. No patch will change that.

Joca63
26-06-2015, 16:49
I dont believe anyone is saying that you can do it in real life, but this is NOT real life. This is a game, and this aspect will be sorted in an upcoming patch.

Clap Clap (sarcarsm of course)...this is not real life, but we are REAL PEOPLE...I am sorry my friend, but my personality does not allow me to play cheating...sorry, I will be a forever crier but never a cheater...and I REALLY feel good about sleeping that way...

SpeedFreakDTM
26-06-2015, 17:54
Clap Clap (sarcarsm of course)...this is not real life, but we are REAL PEOPLE...I am sorry my friend, but my personality does not allow me to play cheating...sorry, I will be a forever crier but never a cheater...and I REALLY feel good about sleeping that way...

Good for you pal, I just love sleeping.

I dont care that there are a few 1000ish people quicker than me because they have corner cut. If there were no corner cuts, then there would only be 900ish quicker than me. So what does it really matter.

All this crap about morals and real life bla bla blah...its a game.

Can you breathe ok up there? Would you like some oxygen? You horse seems to have some extremely long legs. LOL

Get off your high horse mate. If you want to compete, you have to be on the same track. Its not the players fault they are not given an invalidated lap. So in the digital land of Pcars, the laps stand. You have the ability to do the same track, in the same way. There is even a video posted in this thread showing you where to cut. It has zero bearing on how that person behaves or conducts themselves in real life, and also has zero reflection on their moral standings. Its a GAME.

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-06-2015, 18:29

I dont care that there are a few 1000ish people quicker than me because they have corner cut. If there were no corner cuts, then there would only be 900ish quicker than me. So what does it really matter.

Can you breathe ok up there? Would you like some oxygen? You horse seems to have some extremely long legs. LOL

Get off your high horse mate. If you want to compete, you have to be on the same track. Its not the players fault they are not given an invalidated lap. So in the digital land of Pcars, the laps stand. You have the ability to do the same track, in the same way. There is even a video posted in this thread showing you where to cut. It has zero bearing on how that person behaves or conducts themselves in real life, and also has zero reflection on their moral standings. Its a GAME.

Well said!

FA RACING 01
26-06-2015, 19:04
Shame kitty. Cheeting is a way of life indeed. You got your label, I've got mine.

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-06-2015, 20:27
Shame kitty. Cheeting is a way of life indeed. You got your label, I've got mine.

LMAO - I have no label. Im not cheAting. Im simply taking part in the SMS-R Championship. If you want to compete you need to cut, like everyone else is. I dont give a toss if it puts you in a moral dilemma. Cutting is competing right now.

The game allows it, the times stand. Its the same for everyone. Its not like a few can do it, and the rest get an invalid lap, EVERYONE can do it.

If you dont want to compete, dont. But there is no need to cry about people cutting. Its a mistake, that we can cut the track in this way, its going to be fixed, so dry those tears and get on the track and cut some corners.
I think the real problem is people are shocked, because when they cut the track, they still cant get a good time.

If your soooooo damn good, beat the number 1 time, without cutting. If you cannot handle the fact that the number 1 and many many more people above you have done it, then beat them at their own game. Your awesome, you can do it. Why should some dirty cheat be number1, when the world's best is sat there typing into a forum and crying about other people taking your glory. Go and beat them!

Joca63
26-06-2015, 20:44
LMAO - I have no label. Im not cheAting. Im simply taking part in the SMS-R Championship. If you want to compete you need to cut, like everyone else is. I dont give a toss if it puts you in a moral dilemma. Cutting is competing right now.

The game allows it, the times stand. Its the same for everyone. Its not like a few can do it, and the rest get an invalid lap, EVERYONE can do it.

If you dont want to compete, dont. But there is no need to cry about people cutting. Its a mistake, that we can cut the track in this way, its going to be fixed, so dry those tears and get on the track and cut some corners.
I think the real problem is people are shocked, because when they cut the track, they still cant get a good time.

If your soooooo damn good, beat the number 1 time, without cutting. If you cannot handle the fact that the number 1 and many many more people above you have done it, then beat them at their own game. Your awesome, you can do it. Why should some dirty cheat be number1, when the world's best is sat there typing into a forum and crying about other people taking your glory. Go and beat them!

I am not even going to lose my time with you...yes, I can beat you cutting or not, but I am not going to flood the ranks with cheated laps...it is amazing what people say hiding behind flaws...

Joca63
26-06-2015, 20:48

Just tell me why can't you drive in the correct line despite the game allowing you to do it differently? I can not see it from up here...

FoxMulder
26-06-2015, 20:48
Lie, cheat, steal - the way to become successful in modern society and gaming is no exception.

Animera
26-06-2015, 21:22

But isn't the game trying to 'simulate' real life?
Might as well give everyone 1000HP engines and a straight track. The competition is a joke.

SpeedFreakDTM
26-06-2015, 21:41
But isn't the game trying to 'simulate' real life?
Might as well give everyone 1000HP engines and a straight track. The competition is a joke.

Real life....not that I've seen. Where is the blood? Where are the fireballs? Where are the dead bodies? No, its definitely a game, a very good one at that.

danpinho
26-06-2015, 21:52
I feel sorry for some people…
who get blind just to have 5 minutes success on LB.

This game allows me to do a lot of cutting but for some reason and some moral values I just dont.
I coud name for you all those "values" but I believe that for people like you it would be meaningless.
You have to born and raise an honest and decent human to understand what is considered a good sportsmanship manner.

Sorry again to all of you, the "no matter how" fastest guys.
Godspeed!

WRT IVORBIGUN
26-06-2015, 22:18
What makes me laugh is I finished 8th on the recent Wisconsin retrospective challenge and this was using a stock tune. So how did I manage 8th with a stock tune when this track cannot be cut?

This thread has made me laugh though because I cannot believe how serious some people are when at the end of the day we are playing a video game. Far more important things in life to get stressed about!

EMW Simmo
26-06-2015, 23:04

This for me is funny as you talk about morales bla bla its only a game bla bla, but you go too extreme effort of hotlapping the track and learning different lines and where you can cut corners aswell, this is alot of time and effort for as you say only a game...
And if its only a game why dont you just stick to the track, set your best time and be done, afterall who cares where you rank or if people are faster than you by cutting corners as its only a game.
But hey its only a game do what you want who cares, the same can be said about anything in life, but some people have morales bla bla.

EMW Simmo
26-06-2015, 23:07
No doubt after the patch this only a game will suddenly overnight become shit....funny that.
Its just a never ending circle....guy is 1st gets beaten by cheater, so cheats himself n so on.
At least it gettin fixed cheers sms

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-06-2015, 23:30
Just tell me why can't you drive in the correct line despite the game allowing you to do it differently? I can not see it from up here...

I can.

However, in order to be competitive, im using all the same cuts as all the other people.

So why dont you and everyone else who is complaining, just do the same. It doesn't make people think you have no morals, or you cheat your way through life. PMSL. Its only the dafties who think like that, and people who ride tall horses.

Whats that saying in someone's signature......The internet is full of ___________ .

The Bavarian legend - My first drive on this game, and Im following or trying to follow the guy's ghost in 1st place. He was corner cutting. Instead of crying about it, I followed.

When its fixed, are you expecting all these people who have taken cuts, to stop playing the game all of a sudden ?

Just do the same, you wont lose any sleep over it. I certainly dont. :)

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-06-2015, 23:41
I feel sorry for some people…
who get blind just to have 5 minutes success on LB.

This game allows me to do a lot of cutting but for some reason and some moral values I just dont.
I coud name for you all those "values" but I believe that for people like you it would be meaningless.
You have to born and raise an honest and decent human to understand what is considered a good sportsmanship manner.

Sorry again to all of you, the "no matter how" fastest guys.
Godspeed!

Good job I was born and raised the correct way then. Its a game. Everyone can do it. The playing field is equal. Im out of kleenex, sorry.

Your values, IRL are of little to no interest to me, I think I said it before.....its a game. Its a leaderboard, just give it ago, I completely agree that cutting corners is bollocks, but its the only way to be competitive when most others are doing it. If you cant beat em, join em, but don't whinge about em. Especially when there is nothing stopping you, apart from a tall horse. You got on it at some point, there must be a way off.

danpinho
27-06-2015, 00:39
Good job I was born and raised the correct way then. Its a game. Everyone can do it. The playing field is equal. Im out of kleenex, sorry.

Your values, IRL are of little to no interest to me, I think I said it before.....its a game. Its a leaderboard, just give it ago, I completely agree that cutting corners is bollocks, but its the only way to be competitive when most others are doing it. If you cant beat em, join em, but don't whinge about em. Especially when there is nothing stopping you, apart from a tall horse. You got on it at some point, there must be a way off.

I've got your point, thanks matte. I'll stop faking it like I do IRL and be "the real me".
My next step: I'll do review my strategy since "most others are doing it". Now I see that I was an idiont respecting those white lines.
After all it is just a game hum?!

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-06-2015, 02:17
I've got your point, thanks matte. I'll stop faking it like I do IRL and be "the real me".
My next step: I'll do review my strategy since "most others are doing it". Now I see that I was an idiont respecting those white lines.
After all it is just a game hum?!

There ya go, you finally got it. Nice one. :D

And when the leaderboards are wiped and the track limits fixed, we can all start again, safe in the knowledge that no one has cut any corners. :)

FoxMulder
27-06-2015, 02:26
I wonder are these boring time trials leaderboard nonsense all they can come up with regarding community events? When i get my 20 community events trophy I'm sure never to be seen on that utter shyte then.

OperatorWay
27-06-2015, 03:07
Track-cutting is like ramming: the game doesn't prevent it, but it's unsportsmanlike, it discourages clean/fair play, and it goes directly against the authenticity of the game's motorsport theme. Track-cutters deserve the same bad rep that lobby wreckers deserve.

SpeedFreakDTM
27-06-2015, 09:05
Some people just cut the tracks on the LB. It's not exactly consistent lap material. I don't race on the corner cut tracks if it's my lobby.

It's no where near the same as wrecking people.

TrevorAustin
27-06-2015, 10:56
It's exactly the same,as wrecking. Cheating in sport or vompetition has no place and no excuse, end of.

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-06-2015, 12:52
It's exactly the same,as wrecking. Cheating in sport or vompetition has no place and no excuse, end of.

Its really not the same.

Wreckers/griefers just crash into people, for no reason at all. They just want to cause chaos.

Corner cutters on the leaderboards, are just chasing the fastest time, on the current track limits. Its really that simple. They are all perfectly decent well brought up human beings, just the same as everyone else on this forum. (:D)

For the majority of players.....its just a game. Yes it may be a sim, the most sim...blah blah blah.... its still a game though. Maybe your new to the world of online gaming, but for years people have being using the digital environment, to the fullest extent. If the game allows it, your good. If the games says no, then you try again.

I honestly think this just boils down to the people moaning about it, thinking they were going to be on top, maybe because they play on a PC, or with a wheel, or even both.
Did people cut the LB's on any Forza game? No, why not? Because the track limits work, everywhere. If you can just bear with the game a little longer, hopefully it will be the exact same case here. Patch 2.0 has the track limit fix in it.

So for the time being, just chillout, and have fun, cutting the track all over the place, or dont. If the LB's get wiped, what does it matter if your cutting the track now? Most people are simply doing the same as everyone else.

Im way more concerned with how its going to affect the races. E.g, whats going to happen at Wakins Glen at the chicane if you just drive straight on, without making an effort to take the chicane. Right now it only gives a 5 sec slow down penalty, but you gain more than that by not slowing down.

It was a moderator who advised we just drive as it is, take the cuts or dont, untill its patched..(coming soon) But if you want to keep up with the top people, you HAVE to cut. I, like anyone else, wanted to see where I placed on a worldwide leaderboard, if I dont cut, I dont get an fair chance as im driving a completely different track. If you want to do that, thats fine. I just dont understand all the tears, when its going to be patched and LB's wiped.

Maybe I would see it differently if I was wearing a helmet, gloves, and fireproof suit, sat behind a PC, using a wheel and pedals. :)

danpinho
27-06-2015, 13:21
That ackward moment when you see

A lot of people trying to promote fairplay
And only ^ one who is not

kjay
27-06-2015, 13:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDUhXtQO5FI&feature=youtu.be

I would be ashamed to post this if it were me driving.

TrevorAustin
27-06-2015, 13:48
Its really not the same.

Wreckers/griefers just crash into people, for no reason at all. They just want to cause chaos.

Corner cutters on the leaderboards, are just chasing the fastest time, on the current track limits. Its really that simple. They are all perfectly decent well brought up human beings, just the same as everyone else on this forum. (:D)

For the majority of players.....its just a game. Yes it may be a sim, the most sim...blah blah blah.... its still a game though. Maybe your new to the world of online gaming, but for years people have being using the digital environment, to the fullest extent. If the game allows it, your good. If the games says no, then you try again.

I honestly think this just boils down to the people moaning about it, thinking they were going to be on top, maybe because they play on a PC, or with a wheel, or even both.
Did people cut the LB's on any Forza game? No, why not? Because the track limits work, everywhere. If you can just bear with the game a little longer, hopefully it will be the exact same case here. Patch 2.0 has the track limit fix in it.

So for the time being, just chillout, and have fun, cutting the track all over the place, or dont. If the LB's get wiped, what does it matter if your cutting the track now? Most people are simply doing the same as everyone else.

Im way more concerned with how its going to affect the races. E.g, whats going to happen at Wakins Glen at the chicane if you just drive straight on, without making an effort to take the chicane. Right now it only gives a 5 sec slow down penalty, but you gain more than that by not slowing down.

It was a moderator who advised we just drive as it is, take the cuts or dont, untill its patched..(coming soon) But if you want to keep up with the top people, you HAVE to cut. I, like anyone else, wanted to see where I placed on a worldwide leaderboard, if I dont cut, I dont get an fair chance as im driving a completely different track. If you want to do that, thats fine. I just dont understand all the tears, when its going to be patched and LB's wiped.

Maybe I would see it differently if I was wearing a helmet, gloves, and fireproof suit, sat behind a PC, using a wheel and pedals. :)

Do as you will cheater, it won't affect my life. Just know you're a cheat. Simple.

RTA nOsKiLlS
28-06-2015, 01:49
Do as you will cheater, it won't affect my life. Just know you're a cheat. Simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvAGyYkOlWI

:D

NeonFlux
28-06-2015, 01:58
It's nice to see some morality in this thread. It's just a shame you're all in here bickering about a computer game... you could be out in the real world making it a better place.

Btw I have some halo polish for sale, if anyone's interested just let me know :)

danpinho
28-06-2015, 13:48
It's nice to see some morality in this thread. It's just a shame you're all in here bickering about a computer game... you could be out in the real world making it a better place.

Btw I have some halo polish for sale, if anyone's interested just let me know :)

Tnks but you probably won't delevery it.

GT-Club_Atho_
28-06-2015, 21:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4hx0raofFY

Potential 1.24 here but need a little setup improvements.

WRT IVORBIGUN
28-06-2015, 21:57
Managed a 1.24.5. I did actually do a quicker lap 1.24.3 but sadly the game froze upon exiting.

Mike Campbell
28-06-2015, 22:01
Hope they fix the cutting - right now these time trials are nonsense.

FA RACING 01
28-06-2015, 22:19

Brilliant clean lap mate. My respect for that.

Nobody on XBox come close to that, except those that cuts severely and going miles outside the track.

N0body Of The Goat
28-06-2015, 22:45

This hotlap does not comply with the "two wheels must remain between the track defining white lines at all times" and should not be admissible for Community Events or Time Trial leaderboards.

You are running wide off the final turn before and during your hotlap, enabling you to carry more speed off the corner exit (giving you more speed all down the straight) and thereby a faster time.

Don't get me wrong, there are far more extreme cases out there for this event in terms of abusing the track defining boundaries, but I want a level playing field where we are all embracing the spirit of fair play competition.

OperatorWay
28-06-2015, 23:07
This hotlap does not comply with the "two wheels must remain between the track defining white lines at all times" and should not be admissible for Community Events or Time Trial leaderboards.

You are running wide off the final turn before and during your hotlap, enabling you to carry more speed off the corner exit (giving you more speed all down the straight) and thereby a faster time.

Don't get me wrong, there are far more extreme cases out there for this event in terms of abusing the track defining boundaries, but I want a level playing field where we are all embracing the spirit of fair play competition.

Yeah, the exit on that last turn was the only part of the lap I didn't like.

Slartibartphast
29-06-2015, 03:40
I came here seeking this info! I finally got aghost where I saw areas you could go way off track, really a bug exploit. So I tried it. But it's not rally what I want to do.

ImdisGre on some kerb comments, real racing allows for this. They just have to make the detection consistent on he tracks. It's stil buggy the other way too, where it says nothing and my time is not recorded.

RTA nOsKiLlS
29-06-2015, 09:40
This for me is funny as you talk about morales bla bla its only a game bla bla, but you go too extreme effort of hotlapping the track and learning different lines and where you can cut corners aswell, this is alot of time and effort for as you say only a game...
And if its only a game why dont you just stick to the track, set your best time and be done, afterall who cares where you rank or if people are faster than you by cutting corners as its only a game.
But hey its only a game do what you want who cares, the same can be said about anything in life, but some people have morales bla bla.

LOL, It doesn't seem to be an issue for some other people in the same team as you. Maybe its just a game to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaInrpUELT4

Sugar lump's anyone?

FA RACING 01
29-06-2015, 11:45
Yeah

SpeedFreakDTM
29-06-2015, 19:14
Yeah

Its funny how your in this thread your "liking" every post against what RTA is saying, yet in the Sonoma thread you "like" IVORBIGUNS 1.31.8 video, where he cuts the track. Im confused.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31866-Sonoma-challenge/page4 --- post #31

Why does one cutter get congratulations from you, yet another gets negativity?

FA RACING 01
29-06-2015, 19:49
Its funny how your in this thread your "liking" every post against what RTA is saying, yet in the Sonoma thread you "like" IVORBIGUNS 1.31.8 video, where he cuts the track. Im confused.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31866-Sonoma-challenge/page4 --- post #31

Why does one cutter get congratulations from you, yet another gets negativity?

The reference to the car's handling in that post was meant to be sarcastic, my appologies if I sounded severe.

SpeedFreakDTM
29-06-2015, 20:53
The reference to the car's handling in that post was meant to be sarcastic, my appologies if I sounded severe.

Ahh, fair enough. I read it as though you were sincere. :)

iKasbian
30-06-2015, 07:36
When you've got the likes of IVORBIGCHEAT competing for top spot you just know the really fast guys ain't bothering...

Theres a great hotlap comp going on over here http://digitaltimeattack.proboards.com/ - Rs1600 @ Nurburgring stage 3 - good luck on cutting THAT track!

FA RACING 01
30-06-2015, 09:12
When you've got the likes of IVORBIGCHEAT competing for top spot you just know the really fast guys ain't bothering...

Theres a great hotlap comp going on over here http://digitaltimeattack.proboards.com/ - Rs1600 @ Nurburgring stage 3 - good luck on cutting THAT track!

I tried to register there, but it wont accept my current Gamer Tag as is.

WRT IVORBIGUN
30-06-2015, 09:50

You know its funny how I have been honest about how I am using the full width of the track (legally according to game) and even posted a video. Yet the way some carry on is as though I am the only person doing this!

Funny how nobody gives me credit for finishing in 8th place in the Wisconsin challenge using a stock Bentley on a track that cannot be cut!

This thread is full of Victor Meldrews.

N0body Of The Goat
30-06-2015, 19:48
You know its funny how I have been honest about how I am using the full width of the track (legally according to game) and even posted a video. Yet the way some carry on is as though I am the only person doing this!

Funny how nobody gives me credit for finishing in 8th place in the Wisconsin challenge using a stock Bentley on a track that cannot be cut!

Think of yourself as a race sim equivalent of sprinter Justin Gatlin, who competes in 100m and 200m. After a number of drug offences and pretty minor punishments by the USA committee that deals in such things, the times and wins he is making in both events this year are being announced in a very low key on BBC Sport.

FA RACING 01
30-06-2015, 20:58

Your Wisconson lap might have been respected if you hav'nt undone it with your Sonoma and Dubai laps. Unfortunately that's how society judge - one right and two wrongs and they forget about the good and label you as a cheat on the latter - for good.

FoxMulder
30-06-2015, 21:06
You mean Justin Cheatlin.

bumpkin
30-06-2015, 21:29
I struggle with this, I race regularly with ivorbigun, we have been racing since Forza 4 where we were regular production hopper winners and I know that he is actually a clean racer who does not cut. The problem here is that this game allows legal times when massive cutting takes place and it really is a case of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Personally I watched a couple of ivors laps and kinda shook my head, I was a little disappointed, but as he states he has been honest about them, surely by posting videos in here he is showing the devs what the problem is?

Me personally, I have run most of these community events and stayed within track limits, happy to get in the top 100 and comfortable that the laps are truly "sporting", but it is wrong that good, legal laps will never get the credit they deserve....

OperatorWay
30-06-2015, 21:43
http://img.ifcdn.com/images/36c2d5bae5b1a0b6e8a1557d28c32c3e1c6bb242b6096ac072c7f9b8f8648c71_1.gif

When it comes to exploitation, I don't subscribe to the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality. Trying to out-cheat a cheater only makes you a bigger cheater, soils your own reputation, & brings shame to the game.

If you can win by out-cheating cheaters, then the game and/or its judges are severely flawed, biased, and/or rigged.

FA RACING 01
30-06-2015, 21:52
^^^ What he said + I doubt that the developers need any evidence or videos to show cheating. There will be quite a few hundreds of that on their servers.

As for the sadness that sportmanslike laps will not get the credit it deserves, I cant agree with you more.

WRT IVORBIGUN
30-06-2015, 22:17
I agree and disagree with some of the recent posts.

Firstly I disagree these laps have been done by cheating. I consider cheating in gaming when for example I used to play COD many years ago and some people used to meddle with their routers and pause their connection or used modified rapid fire controllers.

These laps have been done by exploiting the weakness in the penalty system and so I would consider these laps as unsportsmanlike. I have to confess im not beaming with pride but on the other hand I love hotlapping and competiting on leaderboards. I have always loved hotlapping and even remember writing my personal best laptimes on a piece of paper when playing the first Gran Turismo. I even used to enter magazine competitions by sending a video tape of my fastest lap!

So from now on I can assure you that in any future time trials I shall ensure that I remain within the track limits and not exploit the faults in the penalty system. Im actually looking forward to when the patch resolves these problems and im hoping all leaderboards are wiped.

Finally I would like to apologise if I have upset anyone with my actions. I am actually tempted to return to Dubai to see how quick I can go cleanly. Shall upload a video when im done because it will be interesting to see the time difference.

FA RACING 01
30-06-2015, 22:32
^^^ You sure give me hope now.

SpeedFreakDTM
30-06-2015, 23:43

They are upset that you can beat them with corner cutting. They will be even more upset to find you can beat them without.

Tommaso Rossato
30-06-2015, 23:45
So from now on I can assure you that in any future time trials I shall ensure that I remain within the track limits and not exploit the faults in the penalty system. Im actually looking forward to when the patch resolves these problems and im hoping all leaderboards are wiped.

Finally I would like to apologise if I have upset anyone with my actions. I am actually tempted to return to Dubai to see how quick I can go cleanly. Shall upload a video when im done because it will be interesting to see the time difference.

LOL ;)
It would have been interesting to see you hotlapping in a clean way,
rather than watching an alien/pro driver taking curves like my cousin's son
when he comes to me playing pCARS, who's 10 years old.

"To see how quick I can go cleanly" should be a top priority,
for a simracer like you.
I don't see why publish a video with a WR time done like that. Sorry

We all like you are waiting for patches and bugs to be fixed,
but in the meanwhile we don't make 'cutting' world records...

OperatorWay
30-06-2015, 23:58
They are upset that you can beat them with corner cutting. They will be even more upset to find you can beat them without.

Nope. I know I'm not the fastest driver & I'm perfectly okay with that.

I have no problem when faster drivers win fairly - they deserve their victories & I hope to learn from their example.

I have a problem when cheating wins because it invalidates the competition & defeats the purpose of competing.

If public multiplayer lobbies are full of wreckers, track-cutters, & AFK-ers while hosts lack the ability to kick them, and leaderboards are full of hacks & track-cutters without better-enforced track-limits & leaderboard wipes, then that leaves no place anywhere in the game for clean & honest (public) competition. Such things go directly against the authenticity of the game's core motorsport theme.

What keeps me coming back to games like this is the desire for continual improvement - always seeking new ways to legitimately shave time off my laps so I can place better in events. It kills my motivation to strive for improvement (or play the game at all) when no amount of legitimate improvement has any hope of victory against sanctioned cheating.

We should be competing & rewarded with rankings/victories based purely on driving skill, not on who can find more ways to better exploit any weaknesses in the system.

Charles Gillen
01-07-2015, 00:20
Those who's laps are in question have been saying "Well, they're going to be fast anyway" are missing the point completely. Nobody cares if these people are faster than others. By all means, be the best racer you can be. Put up a realistic time on these tracks, dont hide your lap, and allow others to attempt to match it.
Thats the spirit of this competition.

But remember that there are a whole bunch of other people competing here. Not to win prizes or claim to be the fastest, but competing to get better at this game. One learns from competition. When the top 20 racers end up being exposed as being dishonest it tarnishes the entire game. How many will say "I'm not entering this contest because it's tainted" ?

Granted there are many who will attempt to find the shortcuts or to exploit the game in the same fashion. And their laps wont ever make it into the top tier. But they've spoiled the competition for those who are playing in the spirit intended. I personally wont post a lap knowing I have a cut and at at least several tracks I've managed a top 100 and even a couple of top 50's. But how many exploits are out in front of me? Who's to say? Why should I attempt to run laps knowing that the people I'm trying to catch are cutting through the pit area or not using chicanes as intended?

Me personally, I will never know if my attempt is as good as the players in front of me because the focus seems to be on the top 10 or 20. There are exploits all the way back to the slowest times posted. How will anybody know how they actually rate in this game as long as there are people on these LB's with cut times?

There are 5 to 10 players on the LB's who are going to be faster than others and thats a given. But if you're going to clean up this competition it has to be all the way back to the slowest time posted. Other wise it's not a community competition, it's a top tier competition. If it is, then just say so, but dont call it a community event if it dosent apply to the entire community.

Charles

WRT IVORBIGUN
01-07-2015, 12:14
Had a quick go and managed a 1.25.742 which would put me 13th and on the first page of the leaderboards. Who said I need to cut!!

https://youtu.be/OrEv4CGUbOI

N0body Of The Goat
01-07-2015, 12:32
Had a quick go and managed a 1.25.742 which would put me 13th and on the first page of the leaderboards. Who said I need to cut!!

You have cut though in this clip, see http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33411-Dubai-Community-Event-Post-steam-name-if-clean!&p=1025233&viewfull=1#post1025233

OperatorWay
01-07-2015, 19:34

Nobody said you "need" to cut to be fast. I'm saying that you shouldn't be allowed to win and/or earn rankings/placements by cutting.

-UT-
02-07-2015, 09:25
Looking at the leaderboard I see that most people are using external view, "hello" I thought this was a simulator, internal view should be mandatory.
Kids I need to borrow your Mario kart I need to practice my skill.

FA RACING 01
02-07-2015, 09:42
Looking at the leaderboard I see that most people are using external view, "hello" I thought this was a simulator, internal view should be mandatory.

I don't use it either as it kinda looses the SIM experience for me. I does not bother me however what cam-view others use. I think each one his own as long as they enjoy it and don't ram me on track they can sit in the boot as far as I'm concerned.

iKasbian
02-07-2015, 10:20
how can you tell what camera is being used on the xone?

TrevorAustin
02-07-2015, 10:39

On that logic, a console to play a sim, lol. Do it properly.

Fortunately your logic is nonsense.

-UT-
02-07-2015, 10:42
I have it on both pc and ps4 if that will make you feel better:)

FA RACING 01
02-07-2015, 11:34
how can you tell what camera is being used on the xone?

You cannot tell on XBone.