PDA

View Full Version : Bentley Continental GT3 - Steering wheel and wheel position?

NemethR
26-06-2015, 12:50
When I first have test driven the Bentley Continental GT3, I was suprised how low the Steering wheel is in the car...

I was thinking this cannot be, it must be exremely uncomfortable to hold the wheel that low.

So I was watching the ADAC GT Masters race from the Red Bull Ring, and noticed, that the Steering wheel of the Bentley is much higher IRL then in the game, and it looks differently too.

In my opinion you can clearly see, that the steering wheel is much higher, and also is not a classic "Wheel shape", as in PCars.

Project Cars:

And this is how it really looks like:

gbm
26-06-2015, 12:52
Cockpit view, wheel OFF for me.

NemethR
26-06-2015, 12:57
Cockpit view, wheel OFF for me.

I like to use the wheel.

But again I just wanted to point out, that it is in the wrong place :)

cpl
26-06-2015, 13:30
different cars/drivers seem to run with different wheels as it seems. i found this picture online:

http://www.autotribute.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Bentley-Continental-GT3-Racecar-interior.jpg

different motec and wheel position to your picture and to ingame.

NemethR
26-06-2015, 13:35
Interesting :o
mainly since the cars are based on Homologisation, and that should not allow changing of the motec position for example.

NemethR
26-06-2015, 13:36
Yet on both pictures the Wheel is higher then in the game.

Crazy Stiggy
26-06-2015, 15:15
Also thought the wheel seemed wrong. Ian can you check into this or was this based on the test vehicle you used had the wheel so low. I like the animations on my wheel and I like the Bentley but I can't see my wheel.;)

xautos
26-06-2015, 16:23
drivers have different preferences in the car because of their racing style, their body size or because of other reasons. in formula open wheel cars, seats need to be molded to a drivers back in order to make the most comfortable fit possible when racing in the car because of the way they are seated, you see it in the pc class in usc during pitstops when drivers make the change over, they pull that drivers seat out and insert another one into the car ahead of that new driver going in.

its the same for tin tops drivers, some like to have their seating closer to the wheel and pedals, others like to be further out, some like to be further up to see more of the car and others like to be lower down, and so pedals, wheel positions have to be moved accordingly to make it most comfortable for the driver otherwise you are going to have a situation where you got a tall driver trying to squeeze into a tiny cockpit frame and having legs going numb or arm pump or lower back pain or something else because the car is not setup correctly for them for example.

Wildcat270
27-08-2015, 09:57
Also the steering wheel is off center. If you look at the pic not only is it too low it's offset to the left

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
27-08-2015, 10:04
Damn. Gotta go give Bentley a call and inform them that their CADs suck and are completely wrong.

MUFFlerDRIVAR
27-08-2015, 10:08
drivers have different preferences in the car because of their racing style, their body size or because of other reasons. in formula open wheel cars, seats need to be molded to a drivers back in order to make the most comfortable fit possible when racing in the car because of the way they are seated, you see it in the pc class in usc during pitstops when drivers make the change over, they pull that drivers seat out and insert another one into the car ahead of that new driver going in.

its the same for tin tops drivers, some like to have their seating closer to the wheel and pedals, others like to be further out, some like to be further up to see more of the car and others like to be lower down, and so pedals, wheel positions have to be moved accordingly to make it most comfortable for the driver otherwise you are going to have a situation where you got a tall driver trying to squeeze into a tiny cockpit frame and having legs going numb or arm pump or lower back pain or something else because the car is not setup correctly for them for example.

^^^this