PDA

View Full Version : What should devds do to make career more entertaining. Your ideas ?

FAster
26-06-2015, 19:19
I am an openwhell fan but for me openwheel career was too boring in the game, because of some bugs, AI, too random invitational events, one day you drive gt car, than career weekend of openwheel, other day classic car; this is too random and boring....... I will start GT career, its more drivable.
What should devds do make career more entertaining. Your ideas ?

Schnizz58
26-06-2015, 19:20
You're the one who thinks it's boring. Tell us what would make it more entertaining. I actually think career mode is pretty fun.

FS7
26-06-2015, 20:08
Iirc you can skip invitational events and play only open-wheel events if you want.

MrFlibble81
26-06-2015, 20:31
Eeking tenths of a second off my lap time and finding the perfect set up is entertaining enough for me!

CRobby22
26-06-2015, 20:33
I would like to see the randomness of the teams and drivers from race to race go away. Almost like a Tier system for team funds and driver skills. That way if I finish 5th every race Im not going to just win the championship because another driver has a random "bad race." This is especially true in the early kart championships. I won by just finishing where I started.

Kitt
26-06-2015, 20:33
Problem I have with career mode is takes forever to get to drive certain cars.300 hours and 8 seasons in and I've yet to drive the stock car,mustang trans am racer,and any of the historic open wheelers.So in the end I gave up and raced them in solo mode,and I hate solo mode lol

wraithsrike
26-06-2015, 20:38
Head to heads with other teams and your own team mate.

Neil Hopwood
26-06-2015, 20:41
Problem I have with career mode is takes forever to get to drive certain cars.300 hours and 8 seasons in and I've yet to drive the stock car,mustang trans am racer,and any of the historic open wheelers.So in the end I gave up and raced them in solo mode,and I hate solo mode lol

You know you can start a career in any catagory right?

Kitt
26-06-2015, 20:46
You know you can start a career in any catagory right?Think there invitational only races,but for 8 seasons they never came up.

wraithsrike
26-06-2015, 20:50
You know you can start a career in any catagory right?

How do you start a career in GT4 ginetta's then?

Carinis
26-06-2015, 20:56
Custom seasons, as my favourite cars don't have long ones ( formula gulf, lotus 78)

Kitt
26-06-2015, 21:02
Custom seasons, as my favourite cars don't have long ones ( formula gulf, lotus 78)Deffo,hopefully they'll find a way to add this.

MagnusOpium
26-06-2015, 21:14
What should devs do make career more entertaining?

For me, the game in general and career mode in particular is a little deficient in the following areas:

IMMERSION

- Give me prize money and contract earnings, and then if I'm racing for a team make me drive whatever car they have, if I'm driving for myself make me have to buy cars and only be able to use cars I've bought.
- Give all the in-game teams, whether they're an approximation of a real-life team or completely made-up, their own induvidual, unique livery which anyone driving for them will use, instead of the liveries and teams not corresponding at all, as seems to be the case at the moment.
- When you start a career you asked to select a preferred car number, yet this means nothing as the numbers displayed on the cars are part of the pre-determined liveries, meaning if you choose livery X you'll be #22, if you choose Y you'll be #5 regardless of what number you actually selected.
- Maybe a bit nitpicky, but if I'm involved in a race in Cheshire at 17:00 on Tuesday how the hell can I also be racing in Australia at 09:00 on Wednesday?

CUSTOMISATION

- Let me pick my helmet and race suit. At first I figured these must be tied to the team I'm driving for, but actually they seem to change at random every race.
- Let me do some work on my car maybe? Not looking for Pimp My Ride stuff here, just Gran-Turismo levels of customisation, really, better brake pads, upgraded engine parts, etc.
- Maybe even let me create, customise and manage my own team, a la GRID but less arcadey. Maybe even let me customise AI teams to a certain degree.

Aside from that, it just needs better AI, better grasp of physics, more cars, more tracks (or at least a more varied selection mechanism in career mode to show off more of the tracks that are already in) and more disciplines (Rally, Formula E, etc). Some of the things I've mentioned might not be possible to patch in even if the devs wanted to, but I hope to see more of this sort of stuff in future games if not patches, if they want any more of my money.

Neil Hopwood
26-06-2015, 22:14
How do you start a career in GT4 ginetta's then?

Start a new career. Select gt4 as your starting point. Flip through the contract offers I imagine there's a ginetta one. Can't say for sure haven't tried.

wraithsrike
26-06-2015, 22:28
Start a new career. Select gt4 as your starting point. Flip through the contract offers I imagine there's a ginetta one. Can't say for sure haven't tried.

Cheers Neil I'll try that tomorrow.

Bob_bob
27-06-2015, 04:26
I would like more talking from pit. Many times you go the entire race and pit says nothing. How about even talking about it going to rain and u might want to pit. The messages from crew members r boring and weird. Like if u need anything just ask! Strange text hen there is no interaction. The Twitter feed seems completely random, you can win 8 races in a row no win you come in second the comments r like you r crap. Also, Text us strange because u have comment like that 3 in a row, but that is max, the just keep repeating it over and over and over.

Picking how racers do at start of championship would be nice, it's not real to see bottom of pack racers when, like the one comment say, u can come in 3rd and win championships, to much random per race, should be random per championship.

Would be cool to have a winners circle.

Dutchmountains
27-06-2015, 05:40
Start a new career and begin in gt 4.

wraithsrike
27-06-2015, 07:47

Ok tried this morning it doesn't work mate, no Ginetta contract
:-(

Plato99
27-06-2015, 10:04
Pit boards.
Leaderboard in top left corner, Eurosport style.

Rambo_Commando
27-06-2015, 10:31
Custom championship season.

SpeedFreakDTM
27-06-2015, 10:46
I think they should forget about career mode. It's boring racing the A.i. They should just concentrate on multiplayer. That's why most people bought the game.

What do you get for doing career mode, other than the odd useless achievement?

Forcedchaos
27-06-2015, 10:46
Career mode is really stale. Might as well just race single races and pick what you want. Really want to play online more but people just run into you, start of a race yesterday and I 'm in second and the very first turn here comes retard to nail you in the back. Very frustrating. Here's the secret to having a blast in this game, get a bunch of good friends and play online with them in private lobbies. Too bad I don't have any friends on PC though, just on PS4 and all those idiots play is stupid Destiny (deleting all of them today) LMFAO

wraithsrike
27-06-2015, 11:05
I think they should forget about career mode. It's boring racing the A.i. They should just concentrate on multiplayer. That's why most people bought the game.

What do you get for doing career mode, other than the odd useless achievement?

Career is boring I've said that from the start, race driver grid had a good career, I think the trouble with this career is there is nothing to achieve, ok go from zero to hero great done that hate all LMP car's so that wasn't fun for me, I tend to do mostly solo now or online with family and friends.

I don't agree they should concentrate only on online a good off line mode is just if more important imho.

Plato99
27-06-2015, 19:36
Proper flags, safety car, marshals.

FA RACING 01
27-06-2015, 19:42
Grid girls as co drivers ? ;)

Hav'nt done career yet so can't really think about anything else.