PDA

View Full Version : Second Screen and Playstation Camera

jhonatas
26-06-2015, 19:28
PC User's have some advantage as TrackIR and external programs that run on smartphones and tablets. We the PS4 could not come to use the second screen on the Playstation App program or Playstation camera to track your head?

Fre.Mo
27-06-2015, 12:50
Head tracking using ps4 camera would be great for cockpit view.

TrueNOS2
07-07-2015, 15:35
This was going to be next on my list. I too use TrackIR with my PC SIM. Microsoft did this with the XBOX 360 and Kinect camera for Forza 4 so I do believe that it would be possible for the Playstation 4 and camera to be able to do the same. This would be a great topic to keep alive.

Madhatter1213
07-07-2015, 15:57
I'd love to use head tracking on my ps4 since I use a wheel it would be nice to look left and right when over taking or cornering

TrueNOS2
08-07-2015, 19:06
I just would like to add this. I have discovered that the game War Thunder for PS4 that came out a couple of years ago did have head tracking through the PS4 camera (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/war-thunder-ps4/). So, I would like to hope that the Project Cars Development Team might be able to give us this functionality as well. Perhaps they can look into this lead.

falm
08-07-2015, 20:48
Waiting for this to come true: http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-meet-project-morpheus/
Hope SMS will really implement support as soon as it is available (should be Q1 2016)

jhonatas
09-07-2015, 14:19
but while the Morpheus does not become reality they could advance the head tracking. This would avoid a lot of contacts in races.

jimmyb_84
09-07-2015, 14:35
PC User's have some advantage as TrackIR and external programs that run on smartphones and tablets. We the PS4 could not come to use the second screen on the Playstation App program or Playstation camera to track your head?

I requested this feature a while back would love to see it

Katilla
09-07-2015, 21:19
+1
large of blind spot !!
solution
necessary

madmax2069
09-07-2015, 21:25
I just wish that they would add native support for telemetry apps in the game instead of having to use a third party program to lock on the game just to get the telemetry and relay it to the app. Like transmitting the telemetry data through ypur local network to the tablet/phone tgat you're using for the display.

jhonatas
10-07-2015, 13:05
one SMS could to stop by here and tell us if there is any hope for the head tracking with the camera PS4.

Bluedice
13-07-2015, 08:12
GT5 did it on the PS3, not perfect but used to work reasonably fine if the light condition of the room was "constant".

Bluedice
13-07-2015, 08:28
I just wish that they would add native support for telemetry apps in the game instead of having to use a third party program to lock on the game just to get the telemetry and relay it to the app. Like transmitting the telemetry data through ypur local network to the tablet/phone tgat you're using for the display.

I hope I'm wrong but I think the only way for them to do that on the PS4 would be to transmit all that info to their own servers to then relay to your app. But your app would most likely have a few hundred milliseconds delay no matter what and I guess all of this would demand a infrastructure that they currently don't have in place.