PDA

View Full Version : Cloning a usb signal

Anwar
26-06-2015, 21:17
Is it possible to split the data from a steering wheel and pedals so that I can control a ps4 and use the wheel inputs to control a movable race chair hooked up to a pc? Like a usb splitter?

TheReaper GT
26-06-2015, 21:20
Is it possible to split the data from a steering wheel and pedals so that I can control a ps4 and use the wheel inputs to control a movable race chair hooked up to a pc? Like a usb splitter?

I think any electronic store can make a switch for you.

LordDRIFT
26-06-2015, 21:33
I think any electronic store can make a switch for you.

Doesn't sound like he's asking for a switch.

-Brick_Top-
26-06-2015, 22:01

To me doesn't sound like a great idea to me. If you are after full motion rig then pc is the way to go otherwise how do you control the tilt actuators for acceleration and breaking? Would love full motion on ps4 myself.
Spill the beans m8 what you got planned?

wyldanimal
27-06-2015, 03:20
A while back, I started an arduino project using a USB pass through, with the arduino Looking for the FFB from the PS3
due to lack of time, I never got very far with it..

But the concept was, capture the Gas, Brake, and Steering inputs, calculate a value, and apply that value to a motion Sim.
Capture the FFB and also apply that to the Motion sim.

Another Idea I had was to Split the LFE of a Subwoofer output in to the Left and Right Channels.
and use that to drive a 2 channel motion Sim, based on the subwoofer outputs.

Right now I have two Clark Synthesis TST209 Tactile Sound Transducers, one on the left channel and one on the right channel
mounted under my Seat Platform on my Rig. The Platform is Foam Isolated from the base so the forces go into the Seat and Not the base.
the vibration adds a whole other dimension to the sim seat.
But full motion would be great...
Just can't do it on PS3, or PS4 at the moment..

PDI had a special Version of GT6 on the PS3 running a full motion seat..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=98&v=uXAbbqYOfL0

So I'm sure the DEV can program to output Pitch, Roll, Yaw, and Heave on the PS4's USB port...

Need to get Leo Bodnar to work with SMS to build a PS4 USB box for a motion Platform.