PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Want Single Player Challenges (Time Trials, etc...)?

Humanzee2
27-06-2015, 01:11
Hi,

First off, love the game. In terms of the feel of driving it is exactly what I've wanted on the PS4. The only problem is I'm not really competitive in multiplayer races or time trials, and I'm having trouble staying motivated in the career mode. I know a lot of people like the career mode, and I know a lot of people don't. One of my main problems with it is that I often don't have time for long play sessions, so the practice/qualifying/race 1/race 2 setup is too long for me. I do like the time trials and driver network events, but again, I'm just not competitive with most other players and it's deflating to come in around 1000th place in every event no matter how hard I try. I'm not suggesting the devs make a whole new career mode, but I'd love to see an extensive set of single-player challenges that are easy to run a few times over in a short play session. They could have bronze, silver, and gold medals for achieving certain time or race position goals. Assetto Corsa has challenges just like that, and as a result I find myself drifting back to that game even though I'd like to spend more time on my big TV playing PCars on the PS4. I realize the community chose to make the single-player career as it is, but now that the game is in wide release I hope those of us that are not so hardcore, not competitive online, and don't have too much time to play (but who still love the game) are taken into account with further design decisions.

To the Devs: I know you're working hard. Thanks for the great game and keep up the great work!

To Other Players: Slow down will ya! :)

jsyedidia
27-06-2015, 01:34
I'd say just pick one or a few car/track combination(s) that you like and try to keep improving on them, pushing yourself to do better and better on the time trials or in solo races. If you keep practicing on it, you'll see yourself rising on the leaderboards for those car/track combos. Use the ghost cars to see how those faster than you are driving, tune your car, keep practicing and you'll move up. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the careers or online racing; I spend about 30% of my time on time trials (not the community events; just the car/track combos that I find interesting), and 70% doing solo races on those same combos. For solo races, you can adjust the length of the race and qualifying sessions (if any) to your liking, and I keep adjusting the AI upwards as I get better. The particular combos that I have spent most of my time on so far are the Lotus 78 and Lotus 72D on Watkins Glen, Road America, and Brands Hatch. It's quite satisfying to improve, and see the improvement in the race times and the leaderboards. By the way, as you improve, you'll notice that the AI becomes a lot less irritating, because you'll both be in better control of your own car, and you'll better understand what you can expect from them, and they in fact give you a very good race.

Diablo944
27-06-2015, 02:59
I would love a time trial i could share with friends. Maybe rip aroind donington in a manual bmw, then throw the gauntlet for my friends to beat the ghost. I am nowhere near good enoigh for the world online leaderboards/ghosts. When one f the wipeout series came out on playstation, i was racing a friend by telephone. By that, i mean for a day or two we were constantly texting pics back and forth of times that by the end were hundredths of a second below the current leader. At the start times fell fast, while as time went on and we both reached our limits the times stood for hours. I did similar with project gotham, both using identical car on same track. I really wish the ghosts were better on project cars, that it were possible to set a time then throw the challenge to friends. Fingers crossed eh

jsyedidia
27-06-2015, 03:35
I would love a time trial i could share with friends. Maybe rip aroind donington in a manual bmw, then throw the gauntlet for my friends to beat the ghost. I am nowhere near good enoigh for the world online leaderboards/ghosts. When one f the wipeout series came out on playstation, i was racing a friend by telephone. By that, i mean for a day or two we were constantly texting pics back and forth of times that by the end were hundredths of a second below the current leader. At the start times fell fast, while as time went on and we both reached our limits the times stood for hours. I did similar with project gotham, both using identical car on same track. I really wish the ghosts were better on project cars, that it were possible to set a time then throw the challenge to friends. Fingers crossed eh

I'm not understanding; at least on the PC, it's possible when doing a time trial to add as a ghost any time that was done by anybody at all on the leader boards. So if your friend does a time, and you know their name, you can go choose it as your ghost. Not all the times on the world online leaderboards are all that fast; you should be able to find a ghost that's just a little faster than you or one that was done by a friend.

yopp90
27-06-2015, 03:45
From my expriance I could only find a ghost time from the top 20 or so players, I looked thru a couple thousand. Maybe no one else saved a ghost? I was trophy hunting and realised I'm just not good enough to beat someone's time trial to get that trophy. On to what the op posted about, I would love more to do in career mode. I'm almost finished with the historical goals. I'm not quite sure if I want to go into another career with formula cars or try (getting beat all the time) online

DozUK
27-06-2015, 06:41
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28906-PS4-weekly-time-trial-challenge-(New-Challenges-Set)

Please take a look at the above thread, its a fun set of weekly challenges for players of all abilities on PS4. Would love to see you take part, its a great community and very helpful to all players. Give it a go

Humanzee2
27-06-2015, 19:18
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Last night I had some fun forgoing the practice and qualifying rounds, turning down the difficulty, and working through the pack in the main race a la GT6. At least I can finish a round quickly that way and move through the career! I will check out that forum thread. My name is Humanzee2 on PSN if anyone wants to add me.