PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Pitstop

Crainto
27-06-2015, 08:25
Is it possible to make pit stops mandatory in an online room. This would be great.

Dam351
27-06-2015, 08:32
Yes. Simply calculate how many laps a full tank of fuel lasts, then make tje race distance longer :) tyres dont really go off so its fuel that you'll stop for.

madmax2069
27-06-2015, 08:36
No theres not a setting to make mandatory pits unfortunately.

lordymatsuo
27-06-2015, 11:33
Would be a nice feature instead of having really long races to allow a host to set max fuel limits.

Basic example

20 lap race uses 75 litres of fuel
Allow how in host settings to set max fuel to 50 litres.

Drivers can then choose to go out on full 50 litres and pit closer to the end or start with less and pit later in the race.

Obviously all tracks and cars have different fuel amounts so it would be up to the host to set this. I get it would be open to abuse if available in public lobbies you might always get that one guy who sets it to 5 litres so you have to pit every lap or even worse 1 litre so you can't finish a lap. Would have to have some logic behind it based on race length. Maybe a calculation done behind the scenes where the host can tick a box that says force pit stop and the system works out a rough calculation to say host set 20 laps so fuel has to be between x and x.

Just ideas but yes would be great to have a forced pit stop option some how :)

tigerpaw11
27-06-2015, 12:31
Another way to force pit stops is to increase the tyre wear to x4 or x6. At least it should work for the longer races.

Dam351
28-06-2015, 10:56
Would be a nice feature instead of having really long races to allow a host to set max fuel limits.

Basic example

20 lap race uses 75 litres of fuel
Allow how in host settings to set max fuel to 50 litres.

Drivers can then choose to go out on full 50 litres and pit closer to the end or start with less and pit later in the race.

Obviously all tracks and cars have different fuel amounts so it would be up to the host to set this. I get it would be open to abuse if available in public lobbies you might always get that one guy who sets it to 5 litres so you have to pit every lap or even worse 1 litre so you can't finish a lap. Would have to have some logic behind it based on race length. Maybe a calculation done behind the scenes where the host can tick a box that says force pit stop and the system works out a rough calculation to say host set 20 laps so fuel has to be between x and x.

Just ideas but yes would be great to have a forced pit stop option some how :)

I like that idea but i can see how it may be a problem. But what if the host can control starting fuel only? This way he'sguaranteed that all cars have made a stop by lap ?

And its quite fun as I've played with good friends who all agreed on 10 litres or less fuel. Do we put 1 lap in for a quick start or go long?

Yes fuel stops would be an ideal addition to a racing game