PDA

View Full Version : Canceled - Attack the Glen Challenge (Beginners Racing Series)

snipeme77
28-06-2015, 00:27
Please note nothings final.
Also please note, slight change to round 3. (BMW Z4 GT3 to Mercedes SLS AMG GT3)

Another note... Driver deadline. - Because of a temporary job I've taken, if less than 6 other drivers fail to join the series by July 18 I will be forced to cancel/push back this first season, Sorry.
(My reasoning - Right now with me out on summer break from school, this is one of the few times in a year I can gain any real money. And as my workload increases my chances to play video games is cut down drastically. For you this means a lot of skipped races and not a very professional championship setting unlike how I envisioned it. Now that being said if you can join before July 18 and we can get 8 willing drivers, That gets all the hard work out of the way with scheduling and preparation. In other words after that's done we're just in it for the racing :) )

I am very sorry about this, but as a High school SR. Looking to get in to college, I have to jump at any money making opportunity's as they come.

Drivers thus far... (Need at least 8)
Soi TheReaper
Myself (Not running in championship)

Driver possibilities
Yo Viirus (Just want to make sure your on Xbox one)

Hello and welcome, For a while now I've wanted to start trying to race online in a series type structure. However due to time constraints, lack of a racing wheel and lack of beginner friendly racing series, I haven't been able to do so. Undoubtedly I'm not the only one, so I decided to make a racing series myself. Welcome to the Attack the Glen Challenge.

Who is Triple H Studios?
Triple H Studios is the name of my youtube channel, and if all goes well all races will be posted on there.

What is Attack the Glen?
Attack the Glen is a five week, ten race, beginner racing series taking place in Project Cars on both versions of the Watkins Glen racing circuit.

What?
Basically each round is set up in a two race per round format. The first race takes place on the GP version of Watkins Glen, with a 30 min qualifying session. The second race uses the shorter NASCAR circuit, with a 10 min qualifying session. Each round (every set of two races) will use a different car. (So round one - stock car, round two - GT3 Aston Martin... so on) Each race is a five lap sprint race, with no fuel or tire consumption.

So how beginner is "beginner"?
Very, all driver aids except stability control are allowed. We'll happily welcome controller users as well as wheel users.

How do we know who wins the championship?
Scoring is based solely based on finishing position in each race...
Race one (GP)
First place 10 points
Second place 8 points
Third place 6 points
Fourth place 4 points
Fifth place 2 points
Sixth place on back 1 point
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Race Two (NASCAR)
First place 5 points
Second place 4 points
Third place 3 points
Fourth place 2 points
Fifth place 1 points
Sixth place on back 0 points

How do I join and when does this madness start?
As of right now, nothing is final. Obviously we need drivers to make this happen, Therefor if you would like to join, leave a comment down below, or send me a PM here on the form. Once we have enough drivers I'll post the series starting date in this Thread, as well as more info as you need it. (Passwords, gamer tags to friend... so on)

Prizes?
As of right now, no prizes for this season.

Rules?
We have a few...
1. We want clean racers. Yes accidents happen, but screaming into turn 1 at 700 MPH is reckless driving and you will be kicked for that.

2. During races no chat please. During Qualifying it's fine just not during the race, you can and will be kicked from the championship for talking. (That being said if you crash someone out, feel free to apologize. Just don't sit there talking about dinner.)

3. Replay review. All races will have there replays saved, if we find you cut the track, crashed someone off on purpose... so on, you'll be DQ'ed from that race and will finish last. (Also drivers feel free to record the race or certain incidents if you thinks someone is cheating. Just put it on youtube and put a link here in the thread, for us to review)

4. Races can be made "void". Basically my internet can be shit sometimes, if three or more people are kicked out of the race by a issue on my end... (Power kicking off, internet turning off) The race will be made "Void". No points will be awarded and that race will NOT be rerun. However if you internet goes down and you leave the race, you will be considered a DNF and no points will be awarded.

5. Can not connect (CNC) rule. Sometimes the interwebs can be a bitch, if you can not connect to the session by the start of the first race you will be deemed a CNC. No points will be awarded. However we will make every effort to get you in.

6. The six strike rule. If you are CNC'ed, or DQ'ed, six times in one season you will be kicked out of the championship.

7. Race/round not run (RNR) If a round is cancelled (by me for personal reasons or for lack of drivers for that weekend) Points will be doubled the following weekend/round.

So there's the base rules, more will come closer to the start of the season.

(Edit #1 )

Hi do you know on what days this would be run yet?
I like to be IN but just want to make sure first that im free on these days.

Most likely on the weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) Starting around 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm eastern time depending on host availability. If enough drivers join I will post a schedule, specifying which day each round will take place on, and normally a day or 2 before the round starts I will post a time you need to join the race by.

(Edit #2)
One thing I really wanted to simulate is the heart thumping excitement of attempting a last lap pass and drag racing him to the line not knowing if you beat him or not, and in my opinion the only way you can really do that is in cockpit cam. That being said, if your going to use a outside camera I would rather you use hood or roof camera and the rear view mirror. But will allow any view as long as you keep it clean,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I'm in what cars will we be driving?
Subject to change
Round 1 Formula Gulf 1000. - A simple, fun to drive, low powered open wheeler. Rewards clean consistent driving, and hates tall curves
Round 2 Radical SR-8 - Well balanced in the turns and fast on the straights the Radical reward aggressive yet clean driving.
Round 3 Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - ______________________________________________________________________
Round 4 Trans Am Mustang - Widebody American muscle. Little hard to see out of, so expect some heart thumping passes.
Round 5 Caterham 7 classic - A track day car at it's best, all the trills of a open wheel race car with a windscreen!

So if you would be interested in joining leave a message here on this thread. Feel free to ask any questions and have a nice day.

Owen sibthorpe
29-06-2015, 20:00
I would like to join gt Yo Viirus

snipeme77
29-06-2015, 22:53
I would like to join gt Yo Viirus

Ok driver #1, Um... just, you are on Xbox one correct. Your platform currently says PC? Please also keep in mind that if we don't get enough drivers, this season will be canceled. (Sadly)

FlyLastShadow
30-06-2015, 16:05

snipeme77
30-06-2015, 20:40

Most likely on the weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) Starting around 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm eastern time depending on host availability. If enough drivers join I will post a schedule, specifying which day each round will take place on, and normally a day or 2 before the round starts I will post a time you need to join the race by.

TheReaper GT
30-06-2015, 20:50
I'm in. Add me please SOi TheReaper

bc525
30-06-2015, 21:52
So how beginner is "beginner"?
Very, all driver aids except stability control are allowed. We'll happily welcome controller users as well as wheel users. However you will be locked to the cockpit camera.

Any flexibility on the camera view? I usually prefer chase camera view for online racing so I can see other cars around me (and hopefully avoid contact better that way).

TheReaper GT
30-06-2015, 21:55
Any flexibility on the camera view? I usually prefer chase camera view for online racing so I can see other cars around me (and hopefully avoid contact better that way).

I use cockpit camera with a pretty nasty amount of FOV but I agree with you, most beginers did not have a favorite camera yet and I don't think any view give any advantage

snipeme77
01-07-2015, 01:29

One thing I really wanted to simulate is the heart thumping excitement of attempting a last lap pass and drag racing him to the line not knowing if you beat him or not, and in my opinion the only way you can really do that is in cockpit cam. That being said, if your going to use a outside camera I would rather you use hood or roof camera and the rear view mirror. But I will allow other views as long as you keep it clean. :yes:

snipeme77
01-07-2015, 01:39
I'm in. Add me please SOi TheReaper

Going to add everyone at once, so I don't forget someone. And thanks for joining

TheReaper GT
01-07-2015, 07:22
One thing I really wanted to simulate is the heart thumping excitement of attempting a last lap pass and drag racing him to the line not knowing if you beat him or not, and in my opinion the only way you can really do that is in cockpit cam. That being said, if your going to use a outside camera I would rather you use hood or roof camera and the rear view mirror. But I will allow other views as long as you keep it clean. :yes:

Awesome, man. Even using only cockpit view, I appreciate that. As I said, some people prefer to use other views and to me it's not a big of adeal.If they follow the rules and keep things clean it's a win win situation

FlyLastShadow
01-07-2015, 08:18

Sadly that would be 2 - 3 at night here(europe here). Im not going to play at those times. Good luck with your series

snipeme77
01-07-2015, 17:24
Sadly that would be 2 - 3 at night here(europe here). Im not going to play at those times. Good luck with your series

Thanks and sorry you couldn't join.

snipeme77
02-07-2015, 00:48
Another note... Driver deadline. - Because of a temporary job I've taken, if less than 6 other drivers fail to join the series by July 18 I will be forced to cancel/push back this first season, Sorry.
(My reasoning - Right now with me out on summer break from school, this is one of the few times in a year I can gain any real money. And as my workload increases my chances to play video games is cut down drastically. For you this means a lot of skipped races and not a very professional championship setting unlike how I envisioned it. Now that being said if you can join before July 18 and we can get 8 willing drivers, That gets all the hard work out of the way with scheduling and preparation. In other words after that's done we're just in it for the racing :) )

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ENTERED - I should only be employed for about 2-3 weeks. After that I'll pick up were we left off. So if, say 3 drivers forsure join by July 18. After that 2-3 weeks period is over I update this thread asking if anyone still wants to race Hopefully more drivers will join and we'll carry on from there...

I am very sorry about this, but as a High school SR. Looking to get in to college, I have to jump at any money making opportunity's as they come.

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 01:10
Time for me to practice.:D:D

bc525
02-07-2015, 03:43
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ENTERED - I should only be employed for about 2-3 weeks. After that I'll pick up were we left off. So if, say 3 drivers forsure join by July 18. After that 2-3 weeks period is over I update this thread asking if anyone still wants to race Hopefully more drivers will join and we'll carry on from there...

Count me out for the Triple H Series, and I genuinely hope that you'll focus on getting into college (because based on your comments that seems like your true goal) rather than running an online racing series.

snipeme77
02-07-2015, 16:22
Count me out for the Triple H Series, and I genuinely hope that you'll focus on getting into college (because based on your comments that seems like your true goal) rather than running an online racing series.

Well thanks for your interest, College is indeed one of my main life goals. Online/sim racing in general is a hobby for me, otherwise I'd have a wheel and cockpit setup cause I love this hobby so much. lol But yeah while I wasn't doing anything In the summer, I wanted to start a race series for fun. But now in a couple of weeks I'll have a temporary job...

Yeah I don't know, thus far only SOI TheReaper has joined and only 4 people total have shown interest... Well we'll see what happens by the deadline, I may cancel the series if not enough people join...

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 16:27
Can we have some races for fun to people get to know each other? I'm sure after some laughter the interest increases exponentially.

bc525
02-07-2015, 16:33
Just to let you folks know, I'll probably be online racing in PCARS tonight for a while. Maybe between 8-9 pm CST. It would be cool to see some folks from these forums out on the track!

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 16:37
Just to let you folks know, I'll probably be online racing in PCARS tonight for a while. Maybe between 8-9 pm CST. It would be cool to see some folks from these forums out on the track!

Add me, it will be a pleasure to race with some forum folks.

snipeme77
02-07-2015, 16:37
Can we have some races for fun to people get to know each other? I'm sure after some laughter the interest increases exponentially.

2/4 have said no flat out to the racing series, So I don't think it would work...

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 16:38
2/4 have said no flat out to the racing series, So I don't think it would work...

No problem man, let's have fun a see what the future have to offer. :

snipeme77
02-07-2015, 16:47

Add me too if you can, snipeme77 is also my Gamer tag.