PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic!

MLT24
28-06-2015, 06:48
So Friday night east coast usa I spent 2 solid hours either looking for a no-assist room or making one. Every single room I looked at had all assist on, about 40 rooms total. I tried about 6 rooms of my own but no one stayed past a few seconds. Oh no, no training wheels. I never raced one time online. Friday night, wtf?

I'm calling you usa guys out. Its soooo pathetic all these assist rooms. Come on already. In patch 2.0 if filters don't address this problem specifically I am going to go berserk! Fair warning.

Elmo
28-06-2015, 07:40
Don't like the tone of your post, but anyway - if you look at the release notes (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32776-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-2-0-Release-notes) for the upcoming patch, you find that the filter system gets an overhaul so you can search for no assist lobbies easily.

roslinman
28-06-2015, 08:00
So Friday night east coast usa I spent 2 solid hours either looking for a no-assist room or making one. Every single room I looked at had all assist on, about 40 rooms total. I tried about 6 rooms of my own but no one stayed past a few seconds. Oh no, no training wheels. I never raced one time online. Friday night, wtf?
you do know you could have raced in one of the rooms with assists on? The only person who stopped you from racing was you.
I prefer to race in rooms without assists, but if I dont find what I am looking for I will just race in a room with assists on and get a race

GenBrien
28-06-2015, 12:42
the only thing I don't like is a room with DAMAGE OFF
then people start racing ala Burnout/Flatout/NFS/everyothergameyoudontneedtoraceproperly

If lobby is set to REAL ASSIST what's the problem?

FoxMulder
28-06-2015, 13:00
He's an elitist. All you plebs with damage off, assists on, exterior view cam and using a controller should sod off and play NfS.

TheDoctor46
28-06-2015, 13:03
Because driving my supposed to have ABS GT3 car (read the FIA regulations) is totally arcade... simracing community, you'll never know :rolleyes:

Diablo944
28-06-2015, 13:08
I have the perfect answer

When......

I would have written more, but in the same way that the op couldnt be rsed writing more than a one word title that gave no hint what was to come, i figured i would follow up with an appropriate answer based on that same philosophy.

Pathetic how much time i just wasted on a pathetic thread

Mr.Smoke
28-06-2015, 13:43
Gotta love those elitist guys who think you cant race if you race with assists. Me personally, i like to use the assists which the actual cars have IRL. Thats part of what makes it a sim.

Schmiggz
28-06-2015, 16:18
I'm a proud ABS user but that's about it. And I honestly believe that real life GT3 cars do have ABS systems.

yopp90
28-06-2015, 16:24
Wow... you want to "call out u.s guys" dude I wouldn't race with ya just because of that attitude. Btw I only use abs. There's nothing wrong with using assists, if you can't follow the line and hit the breakzones right traction controller won't help with that

Synner40
28-06-2015, 16:25

I'm calling you usa guys out. Its soooo pathetic all these assist rooms. Come on already. In patch 2.0 if filters don't address this problem specifically I am going to go berserk! Fair warning.
there not forced on. you can turn them off.
and I only tend to race with Traction Control.

Paulzx
28-06-2015, 17:07
He's got a fair point though, it's hard to get a race with people all using the same assists (or no assists), you can still race without them yourself, but against
everyone else who is using them is usually a bit pointless. It's just hard to get good lobby's sorted full stop.

It will be better when the jokers all leave though.

GT3 cars are fair enough using traction control and ABS but a lot of other series don't. It would be better to run each car type with their real options but then some can't drive like that!

TheDoctor46
28-06-2015, 17:13
Thats why we have "real assists".... IMHO theres no real point to have "no assists" option because then you're distorting the reality. Please dont shoot me its just my opinion...or maybe Im not hardcore enough for sim racing :barbershop_quartet_

LordDRIFT
28-06-2015, 17:32
Yo mama.

novcze
28-06-2015, 17:33
this is first game on consoles that have good feeling on brakes without ABS, so I race without ABS even though some cars like GT3 have ABS irl ... and I don't give a damn about what assists other players in room use

Umer Ahmad
28-06-2015, 17:46
Yo mama.

Seriouslee ?

LordDRIFT
28-06-2015, 17:59
Seriouslee ?

Lol

Neil Bateman
28-06-2015, 18:06
He's got a fair point though, it's hard to get a race with people all using the same assists (or no assists), you can still race without them yourself, but against
everyone else who is using them is usually a bit pointless. It's just hard to get good lobby's sorted full stop.

It will be better when the jokers all leave though.

GT3 cars are fair enough using traction control and ABS but a lot of other series don't. It would be better to run each car type with their real options but then some can't drive like that!

There is nothing wrong with racing someone with assists when you dont use them yourself, you can still have good races.

The assists help those who struggle to keep the car under control and reduce the chances of spinning or crashing all the time, it does not mean it makes you faster than those who dont use assists, it more levels the playing field, but if your not a fast driver you will be beaten by a fast driver assists or not.

Assists help prevent you making mistakes, they dont stop you making mistakes, they wont allow you to do stupid things and not crash, you totaly miss a braking point your in the gravel or barrier, what is more important is racecraft and respect, assists have no bearing on that, you can be an idiot on track with or without assists.

Diablo944
28-06-2015, 18:18
My friends prefer idiot mode, ie all assists, no damage, no rain, automatic, racing line on. I prefer all off barring abs, damage on, rain on random (wish that were dynamic on ps4), manual gearbox, racing line off. They use pads, i use wheel, shifter and pro pedals. I lose all the sodding time, never first always near the back, and yet i enjoy driving the car while they play project cars need for speed edition. We are playing on the same track in similar cars but we are playing a totally different game. The irony is that they really dont get it. Dont get me wrong, i would like to win, but its almost impossible with the nudging, barging and general knobishness of no damage racing, so in my case i just get on with pushing my limits and let them get on with whatever version of racing they think they are playing.

Raikku
28-06-2015, 19:09
Those cars which has abs and tc(maybe sc too) in irl should have them on also in sims. Nothing else is false thinking. Actually there's many race series where those aids are allowed/used. Like them or not, they
has to be used.

Bealdor
28-06-2015, 19:42
Just FYI, it doesn't matter if there's a "Yes" written behind all the assists as long as "Real Assists" is set to "Yes".

MLT24
28-06-2015, 19:44
Thanks Elmo. I read the notes b4 but it didn't mention being able to filter no-assist only. So it worries me big time. As for the rest of you, if you want to race more arcady be my guest. I can race early in the day and the euros will race with assist off. Then later at night when its prime usa time the online turns all arcade. I'm not an elitest, I am a gamer who bought a Sim racing game and the only sim racing I can find is joining a British league and race at 3pm in the middle of the day. And it is awesome! But when I want to race usa prime time on a weekend night all I can find is arcade racing. I drive a wheel and I like to race feeling the car for real, not feeling the assist if I turn them on. I just want to race a sim game in a proper way online. And if u ever race with me you will find a very clean fast racer. Hopefully 2.0 will enable usa sim racers a fast way to find one another.
Once you learn sim racing and eventually get yourself a wheel, your racing experience will raise x10. Especially in this game. Racing physics are amazing.

Bealdor
28-06-2015, 19:48
Thanks Elmo. I read the notes b4 but it didn't mention being able to filter no-assist only. So it worries me big time. As for the rest of you, if you want to race more arcady be my guest. I can race early in the day and thet euros will race with assist off. Then later at night when its prime usa time the online turns all arcade. I'm not an elitest, I am a gamer who bought a Sim racing game and the only sim racing I can find is joining a British league and race at 3pm in the middle of the day. And it is awesome! But when I want to race usa prime time on a weekend night all I can find is arcade racing. I drive a wherl and I like to race feeling the car for real, not feeling the assist if I turn them on. I just want to race a sim game in a proper way online. And if u ever race with me you will find a very clean fast racer. Hopefully 2.0 will enable usa sim racers a fast way to find one another.
Once you learn sim racing and eventually get yourself a wheel, your racing experience will raise x10. Especially in this game. Racing physics are amazing.

Since when is using REAL assists "arcade"? There's even a setting for it because a lot of cars use them IRL. This is the PROPER way to race IMO and not forcing all assists off.

MLT24
28-06-2015, 19:58
Since when is using REAL assists "arcade"? There's even a setting for it because a lot of cars use them IRL. This is the PROPER way to race IMO and not forcing all assists off.

The Real Assist thing is very confusing. I understand it means real life assist, but for who? I hv my assist all turned off so no matter what room I enter I will get none. Sms does not explain what is going on. I hv used the forums but get all kinds of answers. And in this gm we really dont need abs with all the adjustments to brakes that can be made. So the safest way to deal with all this confusion is just to turn assist off. Cars drive just fine. I don't feel any need for any assisted breaking.

OperatorWay
28-06-2015, 19:59
I'm glad the game has so many options to accommodate different preferences.

Different people prefer different options: I play my game my way, you play your game your way, and everybody's happy with their game. :)

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/54079169.jpg

Bealdor
28-06-2015, 20:02
The Real Assist thing is very confusing. I understand it means real life assist, but for who? I hv my assist all turned off so no matter what room I enter I will get none. Sms does not explain what is going on. I hv used the forums but get all kinds of answers. And in this gm we really dont need abs with all the adjustments to brakes that can be made. So the safest way to deal with all this confusion is just to turn assist off. Cars drive just fine. I font feel any need for any assisted breaking.

You could test this during a practice or qualifying session. Join a "real assists" lobby in GT3 or another car class that allows assists, switch to external cam and look if the HUD shows the asisst symbols in the bottom right. If you can see them, they're activated, but you can still deactivate them via hotkey.

Mr.Smoke
28-06-2015, 20:55

^^^^ this

I'm glad the game has so many options to accommodate different preferences.

Different people prefer different options: I play my game my way, you play your game your way, and everybody's happy with their game. :)

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/54079169.jpg

and ^^^^ this

McKiernan
28-06-2015, 21:05
Personally I've no problem with people choosing to race with all assists on, or people who prefer a challenge by turning all assists off. I do have a problem with people suggesting that people are arcade racers if they choose to drive with the assists that feature in real world racing series (GT3 for example). That kind of attitude reeks of elitism.

madmax2069
28-06-2015, 21:16
I'm not an elites.

But the way you're acting says otherwise.

The Real Assist thing is very confusing. I understand it means real life assist, but for who? .

How is it confusing, if anyone has real assists enabled in the options, any car that has them in real life will have them in the game if the host sets real assist to allowed. Real assist options doesnt effect the individual assists settings like ABS, Traction, Stability that forces it on all cars regardless if they have them in real life or not, which is why the host has individual settings for each, these settings dont effect the real assist setting.

LordDRIFT
28-06-2015, 21:58
I think maybe some people's hang up with assist is that in many games the function does not simulate real life and is instead actually a game play aid vs a true mechanical assist. The question becomes how realistic are the assist physics? Also irl depending on car maker some assists are more invasive and some are more seamless.

OperatorWay
28-06-2015, 22:17
If someone prefers not to use assists, they have the option to avoid using them.

If someone doesn't like the fact that other people use assists, too bad- it's none of your concern what options other people prefer.

Why would anyone be so bothered about other people's preferences?

Should the helmet camera be the only view in the game so that all players can only see exactly what they would realistically see if they were in a car?

Should audio levels be uniformly restricted so that everyone is forced to hear all the same sounds at all the same volumes?

Should the HUD be locked & not configurable so that everyone is forced to see all the same indicators in all the same on-screen locations?

Should the wheel/controller settings & key-bindings be locked so that the exact same interface is standardized across all players?

Should the ability to pause the game be removed since you can't can't "pause" a real race?

...Of course not. The game would prohibitively limit itself to a tiny audience if it only offered just one restrictive way to play it.

Steam
28-06-2015, 22:17
Play vs AI.

Simples.

TheReaper GT
28-06-2015, 22:22
If someone prefers not to use assists, they have the option to avoid using them.

If someone doesn't like the fact that other people use assists, too bad- it's none of your concern what options other people prefer.

Should the helmet camera be the only view in the game so that all players can only see exactly what they would realistically see if they were in a car?

Should audio levels be uniformly restricted so that everyone is forced to hear all the same sounds at all the same volumes?

Should the HUD be locked & not configurable so that everyone is forced to see all the same indicators in all the same on-screen locations?

Should the wheel/controller settings & key-bindings be locked so that the exact same interface is standardized across all players?

Should the ability to pause the game be removed since you can't can't "pause" a real race?

...Of course not. The game would prohibitively limit itself to a tiny audience if it only offered just one restrictive way to play it.

Well said

ChrisK
28-06-2015, 23:25

Quoted for truth.

I don't use assists if I can avoid it but have no issue whatsoever in enabling them for other people if they prefer. I'm always amused reading posts from these fat ass pseudo race drivers sitting in their heated lounge rooms behind a TV screen talking as if assists are the only difference between being a real driver or not. It's not the fact that there is no actual car and it's a TV...it's the assists. Get a grip. lol and that's not to mention that these real life race cars do have TC and do have abs. But let's not let the facts get in the way of a true story.

I got a newsflash here...No one playing this game is the next max verstappen. If you are quick it's cos of practice and hours spent on the game racing and tuning the car, not cos you are someone immensely talented freak waiting to be discovered by Christian Horner. Some people need to get a grip of reality and step out of the delusion. seriously.

What I do find immensely frustrating are people who lock the camera view for others. Why the hell would you want to lock me on bumper cam or any other sort of camera angle ? What benefit is there in this ?

jason
29-06-2015, 00:40
Cmon Roozy You know I'm a Talented Freak who is going to be discovered :very_drunk:

With regards to the assists I don't really care what the lobby has , with my single player game I have the settings set on real world settings e.g if a car has abs I have abs .

Also with the locked cameras I don't have a problem if its locked in incar view I'm ok with that as for me that is what I use on a daily basis , I would not bother to play if it was locked on bumper cam or something other then incar .

I do see the benefits of having everyone on a level playing field if say a league or competition is run like that and choose those settings and everyone is aware of this , I only say this as if everyone is using incar and say it starts to rain everyone is dealing with the same issues e.g lack of view in heavy rain , sun rays and so on. I do believe there is a advantage for players that use external views when it comes to some circumstances.

As for your normal everyday online game there is no good reason to lock it unless you are looking for likeminded people.

ChrisK
29-06-2015, 01:10
Cmon Roozy You know I'm a Talented Freak who is going to be discovered :very_drunk:

With regards to the assists I don't really care what the lobby has , with my single player game I have the settings set on real world settings e.g if a car has abs I have abs .

Also with the locked cameras I don't have a problem if its locked in incar view I'm ok with that as for me that is what I use on a daily basis , I would not bother to play if it was locked on bumper cam or something other then incar .

I do see the benefits of having everyone on a level playing field if say a league or competition is run like that and choose those settings and everyone is aware of this , I only say this as if everyone is using incar and say it starts to rain everyone is dealing with the same issues e.g lack of view in heavy rain , sun rays and so on. I do believe there is a advantage for players that use external views when it comes to some circumstances.

As for your normal everyday online game there is no good reason to lock it unless you are looking for likeminded people.

Funny, I was chatting to a bloke the other night who had it locked on 3rd person view, or whatever that thing is called where you see the whole car, and when I spat the dummy he said it was to discourage the faster guys from racing in their lobby cos they wanted all casual, newb drivers at the same level. I guess that's fair enough.

In other news, I did a 30 lapper at Watkins glen yesterday. full damage, mandatory pit stop, mech failures, all assist off, full lobby. And get this...I know you won't believe it...the game went without a hitch. No dropouts, no pit issues, the perfect online race experience. I couldn't believe it. Reminded me why we persist with this game, when it actually works...its freakin awesome.

jason
29-06-2015, 01:37
I'm with you there , when it works it is a great experience but when it doesn't it is frustrating as hell , the inconsistency is the problem. :(

thegt500
29-06-2015, 12:37
I have no problems with people who use driving aids or not. I personally prefer aids set to real life so if a car has TC, ABS etc IRL, so be it.
If I host a lobby, I won't restrict any settings so it won't scare off any players who, for whatever reason, feel more comfortable using them. Bear in mind, there are various levels of players skill online, some are complete novices upto the alien level of players.
Setting a room to a locked view with all assists forced off will surely turn a lot of players off if they're used to the perceived safety net that assists give. In my experience, steering assist, TC and stability control can actually make you slower than someone who doesn't use them ! It was like this in GT6 but haven't tried in pCARS, my career is set to pro so all assists are off by default and I can't see a way to lower the setting without re starting my career.

GenBrien
29-06-2015, 13:14
The Real Assist thing is very confusing. I understand it means real life assist, but for who?
there is nothing confusing....

it's not for who, but for what car

Real Assist, as it implies, put real assist equiped on the car you drive (I know it's very confusing....)

Take the Z4 GT3
With Real Asssits ON, you'll get Stability Control, Tracation Control and ABS

but the Audi GT3 only have traction Control and ABS

Some LMP1 have ABS and some don't

so with Real Assists, within the same class of cars you'll have diffirencies.

Nothing arcade with that, because the car, IN REAL LIFE, is equiped and using that assist.

You can play with everything off is you want, but don't call it arcade....

Blackvault
29-06-2015, 14:15
Guys can we keep this on topic please.

I believe the original question/comments has been answered by Elmo and as such the rest of this Assists ON/OFF debate is just noise.

Pete

wyldanimal
29-06-2015, 14:34
I don't use any assists.. including the Engine..
Foot power, that's about it..

LordDRIFT
29-06-2015, 14:37
Guys can we keep this on topic please.

I believe the original question/comments has been answered by Elmo and as such the rest of this Assists ON/OFF debate is just noise.

Pete

Seems more like a debate/discussion in a public forum... The horror.

Blackvault
29-06-2015, 14:58
Seems more like a debate/discussion in a public forum... The horror.

I don't discourage debate but this is the right thread for it however.

Pete