PDA

View Full Version : Open Wheel Ovals

IommiRULES
28-06-2015, 17:11
Wow did anyone watch the Indy car race at Fontana yesterday? Now THATS why I want Ovals in project cars. Of course no one dies in a video game tho! (often found it weird why racing games do not have injuries but all other sports games do). Anyway if you didn't see the race read the link below...all the foreiner guys were pussies about it but the Americans want it. If you're scared and wanna race boring single file go back to F1 style boys ...I LOVE Ed Carpenters comment in this article.

Nascar has a road course race at Sonoma today, my moneys on Clint Bowyer....

http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/high-intensity-pack-racing-infuriates-some-enthralls-others/

m355y
28-06-2015, 18:33
Indycar is great, but it's as much about the street courses as the ovals so I hope that's reflected in the DLC.

IommiRULES
28-06-2015, 18:43
Indycar is great, but it's as much about the street courses as the ovals so I hope that's reflected in the DLC.

Right but Project cars already has road courses up the ass....it's lacking in ovals. And American classic cars too, BTW. That's the only thing the last gran tourismo beats project cars at, it had a huge car roster.

Bealdor
28-06-2015, 18:46
Ovals and Indycars will come later as DLC guys.

IommiRULES
28-06-2015, 19:22
Ovals and Indycars will come later as DLC guys.

$5?

Bealdor
28-06-2015, 19:38
$5?

Not sure if serious...

It will most likely be more than that.

Rambo_Commando
28-06-2015, 21:03
Wow did anyone watch the Indy car race at Fontana yesterday? Now THATS why I want Ovals in project cars. Of course no one dies in a video game tho! (often found it weird why racing games do not have injuries but all other sports games do). Anyway if you didn't see the race read the link below...all the foreiner guys were pussies about it but the Americans want it. If you're scared and wanna race boring single file go back to F1 style boys ...I LOVE Ed Carpenters comment in this article.
Nascar has a road course race at Sonoma today, my moneys on Clint Bowyer....

http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/high-intensity-pack-racing-infuriates-some-enthralls-others/

I would love to see injuries in a racing game. Where you get in a wreck and you can be out for a couple races or even the season. In worst case it can end your career.

Bubbs
28-06-2015, 22:10
Car & Driver by Looking Glass studios (PC, 1992) had a screen that used to appear if you had a huge crash.

It was a bit... erm... to the point, as it represented the absolute worst case scenario.

:eek:

IommiRULES
28-06-2015, 23:10
I would love to see injuries in a racing game. Where you get in a wreck and you can be out for a couple races or even the season. In worst case it can end your career.

Yep if you want full SIM that's all part of it..... speaking of coming off injuries hell of a race today by Kyle busch. Especially the games with full season racing and true-to-life drivers should certainly have injuries, it could be a huge effect on the standings if say Jimmie Johnson and or Kevin Harvick (or yourself) lost time in a Nascar season. Madden has it.....MLB the show has it...

yopp90
29-06-2015, 04:49
I would buy any SIM racer with driver injuries incorporated! Pcars 2, could that be a thing?

Pink_650S
29-06-2015, 05:17
I watched the race and it was freaking awesome! From the first to the last lap :D

Neil Hopwood
29-06-2015, 06:22
Glad Briscoe's okay. That was a hell of a hit.

Great race. Some amazing performances.

Bealdor
29-06-2015, 06:51

Yep if you want full SIM that's all part of it...

I would buy any SIM racer with driver injuries incorporated! Pcars 2, could that be a thing?

Keep dreaming folks. No car manufacturer will allow the possibility to be injured in the game in one of "their" cars.

Kennytomson
29-06-2015, 13:26
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

Will this possibly be the July track dlc that has been mentioned?

Also what is meant by 'access to the drivers'? How would that work in pcars?

As for $5, I'd be willing to pay much more then that, especially if the dlc included all liveries, Indy track, and maybe another surprise Indy track (long beach).

Bealdor
29-06-2015, 13:30
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

Will this possibly be the July track dlc that has been mentioned?

No.

Also what is meant by 'access to the drivers'? How would that work in pcars?

Real drivers, vehicles and liveries of the 2015 season will be included.

As for $5, I'd be willing to pay much more then that, especially if the dlc included all liveries, Indy track, and maybe another surprise Indy track (long beach).

I honestly don't know for sure but I'm think it will cost a bit more than that.

chig88
29-06-2015, 15:03
Keep dreaming folks. No car manufacturer will allow the possibility to be injured in the game in one of "their" cars.

Would be awful anyway. Imagine building a career up over 10 years and having to start again because some idiot Grosjeans over the top of you at the first corner :(

Slicker_VR
29-06-2015, 15:17
Right but Project cars already has road courses up the ass....it's lacking in ovals. And American classic cars too, BTW. That's the only thing the last gran tourismo beats project cars at, it had a huge car roster.

99% of which were rarely if ever used - tbh who needs 24 'different' mx-5s ?

IommiRULES
29-06-2015, 15:43
99% of which were rarely if ever used - tbh who needs 24 'different' mx-5s ?

I realize it is mainly a licensing issue, but to many cars beats the hell out of not enough. Well maybe with the financial/popular success of the game they can make some headway in this area.....get on the phone to General Motors guys!!!

IommiRULES
29-06-2015, 15:57
Glad Briscoe's okay. That was a hell of a hit.

Great race. Some amazing performances.

Suicide on wheels, but fun as hell to watch and an max adrenaline rush behind the wheel, im sure.
Hopefully project cars does the Oval tracks justice...the last Nascar series was no great shakes for sure and that was a brit company too....we shall see...

J.P.Montoya
29-06-2015, 16:05
Thanks Bealdor. You just made my day. Can't wait to play as my all-time idol Montoya. Can you confirm if it comes this year?

m355y
29-06-2015, 16:46
Suicide on wheels, but fun as hell to watch and an max adrenaline rush behind the wheel, im sure.
Hopefully project cars does the Oval tracks justice...the last Nascar series was no great shakes for sure and that was a brit company too....we shall see...

I thought NASCAR 14 felt pretty good on the superspeedways like Daytona, but awful on the shorter ovals where you had to lift off or brake. It ain't easy to get right, the Codemasters Indycar games years ago were the same.

Bealdor
29-06-2015, 16:58
Thanks Bealdor. You just made my day. Can't wait to play as my all-time idol Montoya. Can you confirm if it comes this year?

No I can't because only SMS knows when they'll release it.

Redslayer
29-06-2015, 17:07
"If you want to race, race. If not, retire."

Best quote I've heard in a long time.

I can't wait for Ovals. And I know it's a long shot, that likely won't happen. But I really hope they put Talladega in. It's a much better track to race on than Daytona imo.

J.P.Montoya
29-06-2015, 17:15
No I can't because only SMS knows when they'll release it.

Thanks for the response. And anyway, the season I want to play is THIS season, no matter if it launches this year or the next year, so I'm really happy we will have the complete 2015 Indy season in terms of cars and drivers :)

IommiRULES
29-06-2015, 17:28
"If you want to race, race. If not, retire."

Best quote I've heard in a long time.

I can't wait for Ovals. And I know it's a long shot, that likely won't happen. But I really hope they put Talladega in. It's a much better track to race on than Daytona imo.

Yep great quote by Carpenter.

Yea I'm pretty sure the reason they cant just put every great track/car in the game is licensing. Like perhaps a different racing video game has exclusive rights or they want to much dough to use the name. Just like the exclusive deals EA has with the NFL say for Madden. Its weird, I even remember til recently the NHL game couldn't use "Madison Square Garden" on rangers home games....and you still don't see Bill Belicheck on the sidelines in Madden....