PDA

View Full Version : No Pit Release after Multi-Player Engine blown

Dynomight Motorsports
28-06-2015, 22:01
We've ( RaceDepartment British GT League) run several races now and tried to figure out why on some occasions any player that pits in Multi-player can not leave the pits. We've linked it to if someone blows an engine in the race. Are they Dev's aware of this issue? If so what is the work around? Turn off Mechanical Breakdowns? Our league tries to keep the Realism as high as possible and things happen in racing, but its not cool when Everyone Who Pits after a Player Blown Engine Cannot Leave the Pits.

OpticalHercules
28-06-2015, 22:09
Are you saying that when Player A blows an engine, Player B and Player C cannot leave the pits? Never seen that.

As far as a player who blows an engine not being allowed to leave the pits, they are disqualified from the race when they are teleported to the pits. There's no reason they should be allowed back on the track.

Dynomight Motorsports
29-06-2015, 02:04
We've had 3 races where Yes, Player A has blown an Engine and is DQ'ed Pits worked fine until that point for Player B and Player C, However after the blown engine, Player D, E, and F cannot leave the Pits. I don't know if it is necessarily the blown engine or the fact that the other Driver leaves the Race due to the DQ??? Our races can last upwards of an hour and no-one who gets DQ'ed wants to stick around afterwards. Try it out in a Private Lobby, if you don't believe! I've seen it on 3 separate occasions now.

Sp4mD4gger
29-06-2015, 03:50
We've ( RaceDepartment British GT League) run several races now and tried to figure out why on some occasions any player that pits in Multi-player can not leave the pits. We've linked it to if someone blows an engine in the race. Are they Dev's aware of this issue? If so what is the work around? Turn off Mechanical Breakdowns? Our league tries to keep the Realism as high as possible and things happen in racing, but its not cool when Everyone Who Pits after a Player Blown Engine Cannot Leave the Pits.

What car(s) and what track?

OpticalHercules
29-06-2015, 04:05
We've had 3 races where Yes, Player A has blown an Engine and is DQ'ed Pits worked fine until that point for Player B and Player C, However after the blown engine, Player D, E, and F cannot leave the Pits. I don't know if it is necessarily the blown engine or the fact that the other Driver leaves the Race due to the DQ??? Our races can last upwards of an hour and no-one who gets DQ'ed wants to stick around afterwards. Try it out in a Private Lobby, if you don't believe! I've seen it on 3 separate occasions now.

I believe it, I've just never seen or heard of that. The group I'm with has had a few races close to an hour long, and have had people DQ'd from blown engines. Whether they stick around or not, never had anyone have a problem entering and leaving the pits after the DQ'd car.

I don't doubt you, I just wish there was a way to replicate this issue reliably.

What car/car class, what track, duration of race, and number of people in the race would probably be good info to share.

Dynomight Motorsports
29-06-2015, 11:07
The last race we ran 1 blown engine, 2 left in the the pits, at Oulton Park International in GT3 cars. I believe was one a Mercedes, and the other RUF. Our first race at Oulton an Audi GT3, McLaren GT3, and RUF GT3 all stuck in the pits. It could be people quitting out, because there is absolutely no incentive to stay to the end of the race with no spectating.